farfan
BarcaLearning
Lucifer
BarrileteCosmico
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who will win?

World Cup 2022 - Group D - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%World Cup 2022 - Group D - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
World Cup 2022 - Group D - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%World Cup 2022 - Group D - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
World Cup 2022 - Group D - Page 2 Vote_lcap100%World Cup 2022 - Group D - Page 2 Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 2

World Cup 2022 - Group D - Page 2 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 - Group D

Post by Clutch Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:34 pm

sportsczy wrote:Lol Haaland. Empty stats mean nothing…. You have to win something or at least get to the really big games and show your quality under that kind of pressure and scrutiny. Not saying Haaland won’t but he hasn’t to date. Mbappe has the stats, big games and trophies.

Mbappe wasn’t carrying France in 2018. He’s carrying France here.
carrying them against the heavy favorites Denmark and Australia right?

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:10 pm

Casciavit wrote:Mbappe and Theo on one wing together is crazy. They created a goal just between them two out of nothing.

Lucas getting injured honestly was a terrible blessing for France's left wing as Theo provides way more attacking threat and nice combination with Baps.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:12 pm

Clutch wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Lol Haaland.   Empty stats mean nothing…. You have to win something or at least get to the really big games and show your quality under that kind of pressure and scrutiny.  Not saying Haaland won’t but he hasn’t to date. Mbappe has the stats, big games and trophies.  

Mbappe wasn’t carrying France in 2018.  He’s carrying France here.  
carrying them against the heavy favorites Denmark and Australia right?

As Argentina, Germany, Netherlands, England, etc. have found out in this WC... and all the WC winners who got knocked out of the group stage over the last 3 WCs...  there are very very few easy teams in the WC.  Why?  The better teams are afraid to choke while the weak teams have nothing to lose.  So the gap in quality narrows.

A lot of top teams and top players flop in WCs because of the intense pressures involved.  Very different than any other competition.

Anyhow, Mbappe with 7 goals (in 9 games) in all WC competitions.  Only Pele matches him (also 7 goals) before the age of 23 in WC.  Klose has the record overall with 16.  Imo, Mbappe beats that unless France just disappears or he gets a major injury over the next decade.  Besides this one, he likely has 3 more world cups, with 2 in his prime.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:17 pm

Doc wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Mbappe and Theo on one wing together is crazy. They created a goal just between them two out of nothing.

Lucas getting injured honestly was a terrible blessing for France's left wing as Theo provides way more attacking threat and nice combination with Baps.

Assuming he stays healthy.  Of the many things i don't understand with DD... is the fact that he doesn't let history inform his decisions.  Lucas Hernandez is an injury waiting to happen so you MUST go 3 deep at LB.  Same with Coman and Dembele (hope they stay healthy).  Varane too.  

Imagine losing Pogba, Kante, Benzema, Nkunku, Maignan, Lucas Hernandez, and Kimpembe... yet still have enough talent to win.  Without Mbappe though, it's over.  He's the only difference-maker left and the only reason they have a chance.

Need a bit of good fortune with health now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:42 pm

Mbappe will rule football after Messi retires thats already known Very Happy

Really surprised that Deschamps going with the attacking lineup again with the front 3 plus Griezmann praise~ Makes for so much more entertaining football. Griezmann doing his work quietly, play making n doing his defensive duties. Rabiot being like the new Kante/Matuidi all rounder.

I can see why Lucas starts ahead becos hes just more solid defensively. U can see Denmark attacking n alot n getting space behind the FBs especially Theo side. Upemcano still gives the ball away at times which is dangerous.

Strangely now Australia ahead of Denmark? Imagine them qualifying instead of Denmark lol... lots of ppl had Denmark as their dark horse...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:48 pm

Griezmann imo was the man of the match in this one despite Mbappe believe it or not... he just didn't score. But the work he's been doing at CM is marvelous.

Besides Mbappe and Giroud (lol but yes), France cannot lose Griezmann. Camavinga cannot play that role yet.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:49 pm

Denmark drawing to Tunisia was a shock to me.

But then again, Denmark doesn't like to create play. They excel at underdog football, which they have to do a lot in Europe.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:19 am

Doc wrote:

Theo has 7 assists in his first 9 France games lol.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:50 pm

https://www.facebook.com/dhafer.benhellal/videos/635743468289789

Tunisians are ruthless when it comes to delusional, fanatical patriots who can't handle or admit the truth that our NT sucks.

The NT coach believes he can beat France. He couldn't beat Australia, but somehow he thinks he can take down the world champion. So it's normal that videos like the one above are starting to surface.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:54 pm

Well France will likely play with 7-8 B teamers... so Tunisia does have a chance frankly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:04 pm

FYI.... Benzema is still on the France WC squad (he wasn't replaced) and he's starting light training already. Small chance; but chance nonetheless that he may come back to WC if France make semis

https://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/equipe-de-france/equipe-de-france-non-karim-benzema-n-est-pas-apte-a-rejouer-pour-le-moment_AV-202211280762.html
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:02 pm

France definitely favourites to make the final on this side of the bracket so he could actually play in the final wow...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:03 pm

Lol @ Denmark? Lots of ppl rated them... not watched Australia apart from the France game but credit to them again, making it to the KO stages again after 2006 WC I think it was.

Come on Arg to win n then to play Australia into the QF, should be easy...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:05 pm

What a farce of a decision in the France game. That defender was not affected by Griezmann being offside ffs. He headed because another player challenged for the ball who was not offside
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:12 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Lol @ Denmark? Lots of ppl rated them... not watched Australia apart from the France game but credit to them again, making it to the KO stages again after 2006 WC I think it was.

I can't help but cheer for them since they're a Scandinavian country, but if we're honest, this Denmark team is not quite the same as the one we saw in the last WC or Euros. Ageing players, post- heart issues, Eriksen. It's not their year. I'll cheer for Tunisia now, but this honestly looks like a gift wrapped bracket for France.

Last edited by Thimmy on Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:13 pm

Thimmy wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Lol @ Denmark? Lots of ppl rated them... not watched Australia apart from the France game but credit to them again, making it to the KO stages again after 2006 WC I think it was.

I can't help but cheer for them since they're a Scandinavian country, but if we're honest, this Denmark team is not quite the same as the one we saw in the last WC or Euros. Ageing players, post- heart issues, Eriksen. It's not their year. I'll cheer for Tunisia now, but this honestly looks like gift wrapped bracket for France.
Not sure what to make of the last 2 sentences. France finished first like they were expected and Tunisia are out hmm
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:16 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

I can't help but cheer for them since they're a Scandinavian country, but if we're honest, this Denmark team is not quite the same as the one we saw in the last WC or Euros. Ageing players, post- heart issues, Eriksen. It's not their year. I'll cheer for Tunisia now, but this honestly looks like gift wrapped bracket for France.
Not sure what to make of the last 2 sentences. France finished first like they were expected and Tunisia are out hmm

I haven't had time to watch the WC at all, so I wasn't aware of that  World Cup 2022 - Group D - Page 2 1f605 I do have favorites, though.

I've got two programming tests, as well as tests and presentations in physics, maths, leadership and economics and whatnot in december, so I'll probably miss the entire WC from start to finish for the first time since the 90s.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:05 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:What a farce of a decision in the France game. That defender was not affected by Griezmann being offside ffs. He headed because another player challenged for the ball who was not offside

Thankfully the game meant nothing in the end... definitely not for France. But if Australia and Denmark were tied, then it would have been a travesty for Australia.

My only hope was no injuries lol. Since France started the game with 3 CBs and 1 CAM on defense, 3 DMS in midfield, 1 DM and 2 wingers up front... oh and the goalkeeper is 37 years old. Well lol. About as smooth as expected.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:18 pm

Thimmy wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

I haven't had time to watch the WC at all, so I wasn't aware of that  World Cup 2022 - Group D - Page 2 1f605 I do have favorites, though.

I've got two programming tests, as well as tests and presentations in physics, maths, leadership and economics and whatnot in december, so I'll probably miss the entire WC from start to finish for the first time since the 90s.

My goodness Thimmy, I didn’t realize you were that young! You have amazing maturity for your age.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:57 pm

Thimmy wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Good luck bro! Hope you smash it!
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:36 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

My goodness Thimmy, I didn’t realize you were that young! You have amazing  maturity for your age.

I turned 34 recently, born in '88. I'm an educated teacher, but I'm in the process of making a career switch to programming. I appreciate the sentiment, though Smile

halamadrid2 wrote:
Thimmy wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

Good luck bro! Hope you smash it!

Thanks a lot, mate Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:59 pm

what inspired the career shift Timothy? I'm soon to be 26 and i have no real aspirations anymore aside from going with flow and taking things day by day.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:02 pm

@thimmy good luck mate, I'm sure you'll crush it
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:02 am

El Gunner wrote:what inspired the career shift Timothy? I'm soon to be 26 and i have no real aspirations anymore aside from going with flow and taking things day by day.

I was inspired by a friend who lives in a different part of the country, but came to visit me one day when he had a business meeting close to where I live. He told me to meet him at a nearby café and when I arrived there, he was sitting with his laptop. I asked him what he was doing, and he told me that he was finishing up some work. He works in computer security for a medium sized corporation. Apparently, he was earning about $120.000 per year, had flexible work hours, and just the idea of being able to work wherever your computer is seemed like an amazing liberty.

That said, I'm almost a year and a half into this course now, and it's not easy work. We've been using Python and C++ and database-related programming, as well as something called Arduino(C++), which is used to program electronic devices. And it's been interesting to work with those things, but it feels like we've just rushed through most of it. I also have a lot of other courses that I'm not sure how they relate to programming, but I have to get through them, and I'm really starting to feel my age when I'm forced to study before and after work. I've even been using my lunch time for studying, in order to meet deadlines. It's been such a long time since I've had to sacrifice my free time for stuff like this, and I just don't have that kind of discipline anymore.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:17 am

yea the liberty of remote work is awesome...

you got this though!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:32 am

El Gunner wrote:yea the liberty of remote work is awesome...

you got this though!

Yeah, that really can't be stated enough. I've worked a few different jobs over the past decade and a half. I've been a teacher in middle school, I've worked in a grocery store, I worked part-time in a home for people with autism during the pandemic. And I really like the social aspect to those jobs, especially the job with autistic people. We were usually 5 people who worked together on each shift, and we spent a lot of time just talking, hanging out, and not doing anything productive. It was an incredibly diverse environment with people from all ages, cultures and backgrounds. And for a while, I really looked forward to going to work there.

But having a social workplace environment can have both pros and cons. There wasn't so much drama when I worked at a grocery store, because we were all usually occupied with something, and we didn't spend so much time sitting around and talking outside of lunch breaks and social activities outside of work hours.

The job at the home for autistic people was really fun and laidback at first, but then certain people started talking shit about other employees behind their backs, cliques were formed lol, a young female employee reported an older, male employee for sexism after the latter made a dry joke that was vaguely, sexually suggestive, and there were a few individuals that spent most of their time sucking up to the boss. It was just so much unnecessary drama, and the laidback atmosphere quickly turned into an awkward, soap opera. I couldn't help but think to myself that it would be so damn nice to not have to deal with other peoples' issues or ego-centrism.

Ideally, I'd have a job where I could freely choose whether to work at home or be in a social environment. I like to think that, with a programming education, I'll have a diverse range of job alternatives to choose from. I hope it'll land me a job, or at least the competency to acquire jobs that I will enjoy in the long-term. All jobs have pros and cons, but as long as I don't have to deal with woke teens and bored, middle-aged women again, I'll probably be happy enough World Cup 2022 - Group D - Page 2 1f605
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2