Hapless_Hans
Kaladin
M99
RealGunner
Casciavit
28 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:50 pm

Well, you said you can easily find those articles that's why I asked you to provide the links because I personally cant find them. It's not a dig, I'm genuinely curious.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 2 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:13 pm

El Gunner wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:With Joe Rogan I think the point really isn't whether Ivermectin works, but rather that he's got an audience of millions, doesn't know what he's talking about, and just shoved random substances down his pie-hole, hoping something would stick, and advised others to basically do the same.

Bill Burr, who is his friend, was right when he told him to shut up and listen to the scientists.
Nothing wrong with experimental treatments, but consult some kind of physician first.

that's what he did

After spewing half-remembered BS about all of this for months, is my point. He should be aware of his reach and use it with some sort of responsibility, which he's not doing. I am aware there's usually a kernel of reason in most things he said, like of course young healthy people are in less risk from Covid and so their calculation on whether or not to get vaccinated changes, but just blanket stating they 'probably shouldn't' was idiotic, and yes the 'probably' makes it better, but if you're not a public health expert, maybe skip broadcasting your opinion?
Or at least do some research?
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:15 pm

El Gunner wrote:why are you dodging my point that doctors prescribe antibiotics for colds/flu and people have been using it successfully for the longest time?

go search it yourself... use google scholar and not google
for every "for" article there is always an "against" article, that's what scientists do, they're always trying to disprove others with their own agendas or for whatever they are selling

Antibiotics use substances toxic to certain harmful bacteria, they will do nothing against viruses and will more likely mute your immune response because they put a strain on your body that you don't need when you're ill.
Don't take antibiotics when you've got a disease caused by a virus, not bacteria.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:26 pm

And don't take antibiotics when you only got a fucking cold, either

Just ride it out and let your body heal ffs
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:35 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:And don't take antibiotics when you only got a fucking cold, either

Couple of pegs of Rum do wonders in cold imo.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:45 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:And don't take antibiotics when you only got a fucking cold, either

Couple of pegs of Rum do wonders in cold imo.

So do rest, sleep, and hydration
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:08 pm

Exactamente.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:20 pm

so much for the "don't listen to what you read on the internet and listen to health experts" clan telling me on the internet what i should or should not take over what my doctor has been telling me to take this whole time Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:26 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:With Joe Rogan I think the point really isn't whether Ivermectin works, but rather that he's got an audience of millions, doesn't know what he's talking about, and just shoved random substances down his pie-hole, hoping something would stick, and advised others to basically do the same.

Bill Burr, who is his friend, was right when he told him to shut up and listen to the scientists.
Nothing wrong with experimental treatments, but consult some kind of physician first.

that's what he did

After spewing half-remembered BS about all of this for months, is my point. He should be aware of his reach and use it with some sort of responsibility, which he's not doing. I am aware there's usually a kernel of reason in most things he said, like of course young healthy people are in less risk from Covid and so their calculation on whether or not to get vaccinated changes, but just blanket stating they 'probably shouldn't' was idiotic, and yes the 'probably' makes it better, but if you're not a public health expert, maybe skip broadcasting your opinion?
Or at least do some research?

he adds disclaimers of "im not an expert" "this is just my opinion" etc etc if you actually listen to his podcast and not just react off what Covid Jim and Jane say about him on Facebook and Twitter

the guy's podcast runs on talking about social issues, it has before covid, and it will always unless he changes his MO. If your average Jim and Jane who listens to his podcast takes to heart everything Rogan says and can't critically think for themselves, discern information from other sources against the opinionated information that his podcast offers, than that's just what it is. Lord knows Rogan isn't the only one with opinions and a huge following out there.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:54 pm

El Gunner wrote:so much for the "don't listen to what you read on the internet and listen to health experts" clan telling me on the internet what i should or should not take over what my doctor has been telling me to take this whole time Laughing

Yeah well your doctors advice obviously overrides ours Laughing

we're not going to claim otherwise

unless he looks like this The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 2 160826-trump-doctor-mbe_522p in that case, please listen to us, we are reasonable people who have your best interest at heart
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:03 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:App-wise, in the EU you can use CovPass which is an app that basically just stores your vaccine info with an QR code so it can be checked, it doesn't scan for contacts or locations via bluetooth or GPS, and takes very little storage space. I like that one, it's convenient.
The contact tracing app... I had it on my phone out of principle for quite a while, because I thought it was a great idea to stop hotspots from blowing up, but since nobody really used it, I've also stopped. At least I can switch off Bluetooth again when I'm not using my wireless headphones.

If its true that an app only stores vax info and nothing else Im all for it, unfortunately I dont think that exists? Most would include all those other stuff that u mentioned - location, travel history, personal details, etc., thats why I avoid it as much as I can, and surely why many ppl prefer not to use them.

LeVersacci wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Congrats Kaladin.

I agree that the gov health code apps are a pain, but I guess its enforced in many countries now and will continue for a while so no chjoice really... unless if one really just stays home...

Thats why Im liking the sound of these new opinions by those few UK experts I heard, that we should just start treating it bit more like the flu and not like the deadly disease atm, we just cant keep on like this forever, so many ppl are affected as in cant make a living no more and relying on savings which is running out fast, or gov assistance (if it even exists in most countries) thats gonna stop/stopped already too.
Always happy to live in Denmark/Sweden whenever I read the shit that's happening in countries like Australia & Israel.

Total lockdown that keep extending & preparation for a 4th jab or be considered unvaccinated? lmfao.

I might not be right, but I do wish all the world can do what Sweden has done, but thats unrealistic cos Sweden is generally so sparsely populated? Most countries today espeically with so crowded cities its just totally different in comparison. Anyway, curious what does ppl in Sweden think of its Covid policies now? I just know its very free but there has been significant deaths, so do most ppl there think thats been the right way?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:37 pm

A truly dangerous variant is looming from Colombia (B.1.621 als known as Mu variant):
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210908/Mu-SARS-CoV-2-variant-highly-resistant-to-neutralization-by-convalescent-and-vaccinated-sera.aspx

Original preprint source:
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.06.459005v1.full.pdf
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:36 pm

Mu doesn't seem to be outcompeting Delta, thankfully, as it seems to be deadlier than the OG.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:49 pm

El Gunner wrote:so much for the "don't listen to what you read on the internet and listen to health experts" clan telling me on the internet what i should or should not take over what my doctor has been telling me to take this whole time Laughing

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 2 Zy9hsRcy_400x400

the doctor from my facebook group is always right
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:51 pm

Got my second and final Moderna shot finally and I felt the side-effects the second day. Heat and muscle ache but took one advil later on and its yet to come back.

Glad thats all done and over with. Vaccine being effective, or not.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:04 am

I got high fever after my 2nd Pfizer, anyway it lasted just some hours

Honestly what we are waiting for mandatory vaccine ?

Frankly if we had Covid virus 50-60 years ago , it would have been compulsory, such as it happened for vaiolo etc. We're even living on a pandemic state that justifies this measure.
Let's face it, Western society is hyper-individualist , spoiled ,used to being comfortable and safe and so this pandemic seems almost anachronistic but it exsists.
Society thinks  that in a devastating situation like this , the  individual rights and freedoms prevail over everything and it also  to the detriment of the existence of the same society .
In the name of (fake) freedom of choice, Western states prefer the risk of having low percentages of vaccinated people and  risking new economic and social disasters with closures and other  rather than imposing it by law.
Basically we are a society of spoiled and cowardly who only talk about rights without ever uttering the word duty
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:50 am

Boggles my mind we're not mandating vaccines for school aged children here who can get the vaccine. Some districts are. Most aren't.

Yet we're wearing masks. Can you believe this bullshit? We're wearing masks yet we don't require the vaccine. How can we even claim we're "following the science" if we're refusing to make the most effective intervention against COVID mandatory. How can we claim we care about the students and their families if we do not do what we can to make sure they're safe? Instead it's just performative bullshit like masks instead of the shit that works.

But the only reason we're not is because of the backlash. As you say Robes. We're hyper individualistic. And we're catering to a minority of the population because...???

Vaccine mandates on a larger scale to me is a bit more questionable and although I generally don't have a problem with it, I certainly understand that it's a more nuanced than vaccine mandates in schools. Which is a fuckin no brainer. Fucking cowards
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:59 am

There are objective truths though. And if you're actually serious about your doctor prescribing antibiotics for a cold or flu, then you need a new doctor.

https://www.cdc.gov/patientsafety/features/be-antibiotics-aware.html

Here is a link that can help, from the CDC. Antibiotics do not aid viral infections. It's possible that you have gotten bacterial infections that have made you I'll, in which case your doctor would have been correct to give you antibiotics. I've had the same thing happen to me. Although I prefer not to take antibiotics when possible as the last time I took them I think they wiped out my gut flora enough to cause me stomach issues for a couple of weeks. There are also ethical issues with antibiotic overuse. Another reason not to take antibiotics for a cold/flu.

Just take cold/flu medicine. That shit works great. I just got over an illness a couple weeks ago that knocked me on my ass so I can confirm, NyQuil/DayQuil = amazing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:58 am

pathetic
it's like at this grown age none of you have learned yet that there's more ways than one to skin a cat, and that people's bodies react differently to different medicines.

this entire pandemic has made me lost hope in humanity and human intelligence the more i've realised how some of you reason
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:57 pm

@cbarca as ive made abundantly clear for the past 2 years I'm completely for the vaccine. I also believe governments and private businesses can decide if the people they let into their premises should be vaccinated or not. But forcing people to take a vaccine is a step too far for me. At a certain point you have a right to bodily autonomy. Whatever "mandate" the government made needs to have alternative paths like regular testing, fines, medical exemptions, etc.

In the case of school children in particular the vaccine is not yet fda approved for that age group, which is likely holding back the vaccine.

Ultimately the pandemic will be over when everyone that wants a vaccine can access one. That includes 0-12 year olds which is 6+ months away.

Also masks should be here to stay long after covid.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:49 pm

I fully agree with BC. Mankind has survived up until now because parts of it didn`t agree with or followed the majourity. Most of the time, it's wrong but in case of the Wuhan virus, the right to bodily authonomy should prevail because  the sickness is nowhere near as bad as polio or other sicknesses which require a mandatory vaccination.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:30 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:@cbarca as ive made abundantly clear for the past 2 years I'm completely for the vaccine. I also believe governments and private businesses can decide if the people they let into their premises should be vaccinated or not. But forcing people to take a vaccine is a step too far for me. At a certain point you have a right to bodily autonomy. Whatever "mandate" the government made needs to have alternative paths like regular testing, fines, medical exemptions, etc.

In the case of school children in particular the vaccine is not yet fda approved for that age group, which is likely holding back the vaccine.

Ultimately the pandemic will be over when everyone that wants a vaccine can access one. That includes 0-12 year olds which is 6+ months away.

Also masks should be here to stay long after covid.

I'm referring to school aged children who can have the vaccine, not those who it's not approved of obviously. Apologies if that wasn't clear.

For those who it is approved for (FULL authorization) 12 and up, we already require multiple vaccines for students to participate in k-12 education. COVID vax is fully approved meaning it is on the same level as all those other vaccines. On this basis, and considering the students dropping out of my class like flies in week #3 of school, how could we not mandate a COVID vaccine among those other vaccines? School districts, including massive ones like LA, are already doing it.

I fail to see the logic here. This is not controversial. A full mandate from the US government is controversial. Asking for a fully authorized vaccine to be added to a list of other mandated vaccines for a student to participate in public schooling is simply in the interests of the safety of the students, staff, and their families, as well as public health. Especially as COVID is even more prevalent and currently dangerous than those other illnesses we vaccinate for! We only *did* masks and distancing last year because we *didn't* have a vaccine. Now we get one and we're afraid to use it (in a high school setting)?

We're not "following the science". We're afraid of a vocal minority and honestly I find it disgusting on a human, moral, and scientific level.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:36 am

El Gunner wrote:pathetic
it's like at this grown age none of you have learned yet that there's more ways than one to skin a cat, and that people's bodies react differently to different medicines.

this entire pandemic has made me lost hope in humanity and human intelligence the more i've realised how some of you reason

Sorry, there is no body that allows for antibiotics to fight viruses. You are mistaken. Please read the CDC link. The only case where you might be given an antibiotic for a viral infection is if a doctor is worried about some sort of followup or concurrent bacterial infection. Or perhaps they secretly believe you have a bacterial infection and haven't said so. But in no universe do antibiotics fight viruses and that is an objective truth
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:09 am

CBarca wrote:

Sorry, there is no body that allows for antibiotics to fight viruses. You are mistaken. Please read the CDC link. The only case where you might be given an antibiotic for a viral infection is if a doctor is worried about some sort of followup or concurrent bacterial infection. Or perhaps they secretly believe you have a bacterial infection and haven't said so. But in no universe do antibiotics fight viruses and that is an objective truth

Sometimes, antibiotics are prescribed to prevent complications. For example, Wuhan virus attacks the throat and lungs, pneumococs (bacteria) which reside and are idle in that area might cause a full scale pneumania if the immune system is weakened enough. Antibiotics aiming at them are obviously prescribed and taken.
Of course, antibiotics don't help against viruses themselves at all.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:07 am

CB is the type of person that if Fauci or the CDC tells him to jump off a cliff because it will save humanity, he will do it. Very susceptible to suggestibility by authority, and unable to critically think for himself. He would be a terror in the Stanford Prison Experiment.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:53 pm

Babun wrote:
CBarca wrote:

Sometimes, antibiotics are prescribed to prevent complications. For example, Wuhan virus attacks the throat and lungs, pneumococs (bacteria) which reside and are idle in that area might cause a full scale pneumania if the immune system is weakened enough. Antibiotics aiming at them are obviously prescribed and taken.
Of course, antibiotics don't help against viruses themselves at all.

Absolutely, that's what I meant by followup bacterial infection.

@EG please stop. My understanding even at a basic level of science, in this case w.r.t antibiotics, isn't evidence of anything except basic common sense. You're just outing yourself as a fringe conspiracy theorist who is mostly detached from reality and is more likely to believe whatever Kanye West's schizophrenic ass or Nicki Minaj's weird "do your research you'll end up with swollen balls" rant than what is legitimately true.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next