M99
zizzle
Raptorgunner
KMD
Ali
40 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by adnyana179 Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:36 am

New videos from 2 of 2011's best.

adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Rap Thread part 1

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:52 am

adnyana179 wrote:

That beat is real smooth, it was difficult to concentrate on the lyrics the first time around. Although, Nas and Rick Ross definitely came correct, flow was definitely on point and I enjoyed the lyrics.

I feel like this is one of those albums that you should listen to from start to finish. I plan on checking it out in the morning, I'll try to post my thoughts on it as soon as possible.

Last edited by TetraHydroC 10 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:04 am

Like wha I've heard so far from Rozzay's new mixtape..but WHO THE FK IS FRENCH MONTANA?! That dude sounds so retarded on the mic, man..

Nastiest flow.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:28 am

TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:

Grabbing it now, but had to check for this first. IMO it's much better than "Usual Suspects".

EDIT: Some more tracks. It's a great way to start the year; one with so many anticipated albums.

That beat is real smooth, it was difficult to concentrate on the lyrics the first time around. Although, Nas and Rick Ross definitely came correct, flow was definitely on point and I enjoyed the lyrics.

I feel like this is one of those albums that you should listen to from start to finish. I plan on checking it out in the morning, I'll try to post my thoughts on it as soon as possible.

Yeah the beat is typical J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, and both went in. I'd be interested to see Nas try these beats a little more, as that's one of the biggest criticisms in the past (poor beat selection). I don't really agree with that idea, but he could silence a few of those critics.

On the release, that's like what dmize was saying. The tracklist and general feel resembles an album, though it's just marketed as a mixtape. If we compare it to his LPs, on first listen I'd rank it well.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:08 am

adnyana179 wrote:
TetraHydroC 10 wrote:
adnyana179 wrote:

Grabbing it now, but had to check for this first. IMO it's much better than "Usual Suspects".

EDIT: Some more tracks. It's a great way to start the year; one with so many anticipated albums.

Yeah the beat is typical J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, and both went in. I'd be interested to see Nas try these beats a little more, as that's one of the biggest criticisms in the past (poor beat selection). I don't really agree with that idea, but he could silence a few of those critics.

On the release, that's like what dmize was saying. The tracklist and general feel resembles an album, though it's just marketed as a mixtape. If we compare it to his LPs, on first listen I'd rank it well.

I'm taking you guys word on this and going to grab it now. I VERY cautious when is comes to Ross but the tracklist looks to insane not to give it a listen.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:26 am

god damn !

zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:52 am

^^ THC, I think you'd like this particular track.

Still play this album often. I didn't think he could top "Grey Hairs" (my top 3 of '08), but he at least matched it last year.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:48 am

TDE is the Best Label!!

Officer Ross no thanks...

Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:17 pm

Ahhh I love the Song.... Killer Mike...killed this one.

K.Dot

Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:48 pm

adnyana179 wrote:

^^ THC, I think you'd like this particular track.

Thanks a lot, this was a great track to start my day to.

I haven't listened to as much Nas as you, but I've never has an issue with his beats. People have had similar criticism's about Budden and his beat selection. I actually really enjoyed Nas' flow on that beat, it would be nice to see him spit over something similar in the near future.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:52 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Sorry for being so late on the 50 debate. But there actually isn't much for me to say that hasn't been covered already. Tetra and Adn summed up how I felt all the beef with each artist went.

Ja Rule: Messed up BIG time when trying to go after Em. Never stood a chance and 50 came in and completly finished him off.

Fat Joe: Was on decline. Tried to compete with 50 in a commercial battle as well as with tapes. Should have stuck to only the tapes because 50 was always going to come at his sales and falling reputation. Never the same after Pun but 'My Fofo' was a great diss track. Not enough were that quality and 'Elephant in the Sand' killed him.

Cam: I actually believed this was beef that Cam would win as I felt 50 was focusing more on the sales rather than producing hits. Funeral Music was brilliant and I felt Cam couldn't really come back after that as he was more focused on how Jim sided with 50 rather than firing back.

Jada & Lox: Can't *bleep* with Lox. 50 stood no chance. Laughing

Game: Released Diss track after Diss track that were hard. Period. 50 and G-Unit did fire back, but I felt this beef proved that Game ain't nobodies bitch and can *bleep* with the best (at the time). 50 seemed more interested in letting Banks, Buck and Yayo fire shots instead. Dissapointed me really.

Nas: 'Don't body yourself'. 50 didn't really respond, Nas was the bigger man. 50 acted childish. Dissapointed.

Rick Ross: Thought the whole beef was a joke. Ross used 50s name to enhance his career (which he has) 50 really should of buried him. Buried his reputation in my eyes but the guy is still producing tracks and selling. Although, to some degree, he may be selling but I think more people are now like, 'we like the song but your still fake'.

Budden: See Tetra Laughing

I'm a hardcore 50 fan. (Power of the Dollar my fave) I ain't going to lie or sugarcoat it when I say he focused way too much on the money side of the rap game. 2005-2006 is where I felt public opinion began to fall. If he were to comeback with the style of GRODT, I have no doubt he would still be relevant. The music is the only side i'm interested in and to me he only got the best of these artists:

Ja Rule
Fat Joe
Cam
Ross (I know he's selling, but I feel that has more to do with where the rap community is at).

Overall, the old 50 needs to come back.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:57 pm

izzy26 wrote:Sorry for being so late on the 50 debate. But there actually isn't much for me to say that hasn't been covered already. Tetra and Adn summed up how I felt all the beef with each artist went.

Ja Rule: Messed up BIG time when trying to go after Em's daughter. Never stood a chance and 50 came in and completly finished him off.

Fat Joe: Was on decline. Tried to compete with 50 in a commercial battle as well as with tapes. Should have stuck to only the tapes because 50 was always going to come at his sales and falling reputation. Never the same after Pun but 'My Fofo' was a great diss track. Not enough were that quality and 'Elephant in the Sand' killed him.

Cam: I actually believed this was beef that Cam would win as I felt 50 was focusing more on the sales rather than producing hits. Funeral Music was brilliant and I felt Cam couldn't really come back after that as he was more focused on how Jim sided with 50 rather than firing back.

Jada & Lox: Can't *bleep* with Lox. 50 stood no chance. Laughing

Game: Released Diss track after Diss track that were hard. Period. 50 and G-Unit did fire back, but I felt this beef proved that Game ain't nobodies bitch and can *bleep* with the best (at the time). 50 seemed more interested in letting Banks, Buck and Yayo fire shots instead. Dissapointed me really.

Nas: 'Don't body yourself'. 50 didn't really respond, Nas was the bigger man. 50 acted childish. Dissapointed.

Rick Ross: Thought the whole beef was a joke. Ross used 50s name to enhance his career (which he has) 50 really should of buried him. Buried his reputation in my eyes but the guy is still producing tracks and selling. Although, to some degree, he may be selling but I think more people are now like, 'we like the song but your still fake'.

Budden: See Tetra Laughing

I'm a hardcore 50 fan. (Power of the Dollar my fave) I ain't going to lie or sugarcoat it when I say he focused way too much on the money side of the rap game. 2005-2006 is where I felt public opinion began to fall. If he were to comeback with the style of GRODT, I have no doubt he would still be relevant. The music is the only side i'm interested in and to me he only got the best of these artists:

Ja Rule
Fat Joe
Cam
Ross (I know he's selling, but I feel that has more to do with where the rap community is at).

Overall, the old 50 needs to come back.

smoking
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:22 pm

Can't remember if I included this on my 2011 list. Thinking back, we got some great producer releases last year. Anything from Large Pro usually has my utmost approval, while Neek showed he's still got it.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:27 pm

Andres Iniesta wrote:Like wha I've heard so far from Rozzay's new mixtape..but WHO THE FK IS FRENCH MONTANA?! That dude sounds so retarded on the mic, man..

Nastiest flow.

French Montana is effin dope. I haven't heard his Ross features but usually he's good.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:48 pm

The production on this tape is just INSANE. I used to hate on Ross, but he just makes good music, period. This will be in rotation for a while.

2chainz on Fvck em Shocked
Nas on Triple Beam Shocked
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:39 pm

Ross wasting no time dropping videos. So much for "diss me and you'll never hear a reply for it", lol.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:37 am

Don't even Know how I found this this guy but this is some dope stuff..Dunno what to consider it , the rap purists may not appreciate it as much as me because I'm alwayas a big fan of incorporation.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:53 am

The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 38 Joeysdocket
The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 38 Ziltet
Joey going to jail......

Listening To Officer Ross...lmao
The Official Rap Thread part 1 - Page 38 Ng95x1
Drake shooting a Gun...Suuureee Drake..
French Montana :dead:

Last edited by Chad on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:15 am

Chad wrote:
Joey going to jail......

Firstly, I drop all the Budden news around these parts :coffee:

Secondly, how do you know he's going to jail?

I've been reading about the situation and it seems to be up in the air at the moment. Can't really be sure how everything is going to play out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:40 am

He Is Facing 3 Felony Charges Up to 10 Years
There's a very good chance.

Look at the drug charges.
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:31 am

Wow it's been a log time since I posted here Very Happy Seems like there was huge debate over 50. After Get Rich or Die Tryin, man just went one way and that is down. Massacre was a huge success sales wise, but I didn't like it at all. Maybe it's just me. Power Of The Dollar was great. Curtis and Before I self Destruct, bad just bad.And his "impact on mixtapes" is overrarted. I can name a few rappers who made better mixtapes than 50.

But still he has been one of the best this decade, there is no denying that. My favourite 50 song.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:05 pm

the new Racks :hungry:
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:18 am

lol @ having the name Chad. I die everytime I read that sh1t. That really your name? If so sorry.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:50 am

dmize wrote:lol @ having the name Chad. I die everytime I read that sh1t. That really your name? If so sorry.

confused

What's wrong with the name Chad?
Enlighten Me...oh great wise one.
You like French Montana......lmao

Last edited by Chad on Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:40 am

Chad
Chad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next