Myesyats
BarrileteCosmico
McLewis
34 posters

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

The US Politics Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: The US Politics Thread

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 12, 2024 7:45 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:The sad part is that Biden is a horrible candidate, but a more than decent president (from a moderate Democrat's perspective).
He's fucking up the campaign right now, but he did get a lot done in office.

I was listening to a UK politics podcast that covers US politics and they've said what the US media are very hesitant to say: Biden has a massive ego and that's what's preventing him from stepping aside. He feels like he's dedicated his whole life to this country (he has) and feels being pushed aside at this point would be very disrespectful to that service. And no one within his inner circle has the courage to tell him that stepping aside would probably be the greatest service he could possible to do to this country right now. He really should do it now, while he still has control of the narrative, rather than take his chances at the convention and see those electors turn against him.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:09 pm

McLewis wrote:
Pedram wrote:I don't like Kamala's chances against Trump tbh, best option would be Biden releasing his delegates and the party deciding the nominee in the convention.

She's well within the margin of error in the H2H polling against Trump. That's heartening. Additionally, she's got the most formidable voting bloc behind her in Black voters. Black voters are the reason she's VP to begin with. We'll absolutely show up for her if she's the nominee and, just like all of the other elections in this century, we'll lead the way in doing our part to ensure she wins the popular vote. If anyone's going to fuck it up for her, it would be white male voters, who absolutely detest her.

I think the nominee has to be someone from the Rust Belt as that is where Democrats are most vulnerable right now, Kamala might have the black vote locked up but i'm not sure how she will fare on these crucial swing states. Gretchen Whitmer or J. B. Pritzker are safer options imo.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:15 pm

Pedram wrote:
McLewis wrote:
Pedram wrote:I don't like Kamala's chances against Trump tbh, best option would be Biden releasing his delegates and the party deciding the nominee in the convention.

She's well within the margin of error in the H2H polling against Trump. That's heartening. Additionally, she's got the most formidable voting bloc behind her in Black voters. Black voters are the reason she's VP to begin with. We'll absolutely show up for her if she's the nominee and, just like all of the other elections in this century, we'll lead the way in doing our part to ensure she wins the popular vote. If anyone's going to fuck it up for her, it would be white male voters, who absolutely detest her.

I think the nominee has to be someone from the Rust Belt as that is where Democrats are most vulnerable right now, Kamala might have the black vote locked up but i'm not sure how she will fare on these crucial swing states. Gretchen Whitmer or J. B. Pritzker are safer options imo.
Whitmer is my state's governor so I've seen her politics up close. She's more than a match for Trump. He could come to fear her almost as much as he does VP Harris. Pritzker comes from one of the wealthiest families in US history. Even though he's a 1%er, he's done well for Illinois as their governor. The other major rust belt governor is Josh Shapiro of Pennsylvania. Frankly, if we're going to have one of these 3, he'd be 2nd choice behind Whitmer for me.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:33 pm

Think Im getting into PoliticsLearning mode Razz Thx McLewis...

So basically I get the feeling that if Biden continues then pretty much there is no hope n Trump will prolly win n as u said together with the house n senate...? Would be disastrous... I mean one term was bad enough... n with the world going to shit already I just cant imagine Trump getting another term to do even more damage?

I always thought the presidents arent that powerful in that they arent the person with the most power n more of a puppet n a likable man to the public, n that a group of powerful ppl behind the scenes decides things? Razz And so from that I woulda thought that group of ppl would just decide to drop Biden even if he doesnt want to? Or am I just completely wrong with that belief?

Another unrelated question is, I seen some Obama interviews n things... in recent yrs, n think hes a great person, as I said b4, I never paid attention when he was president... what do ppl generally think of him as a person? N did he do a good job? Or is all an act? Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 13, 2024 2:36 pm

McLewis wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:The sad part is that Biden is a horrible candidate, but a more than decent president (from a moderate Democrat's perspective).
He's fucking up the campaign right now, but he did get a lot done in office.

I was listening to a UK politics podcast that covers US politics and they've said what the US media are very hesitant to say: Biden has a massive ego and that's what's preventing him from stepping aside. He feels like he's dedicated his whole life to this country (he has) and feels being pushed aside at this point would be very disrespectful to that service. And no one within his inner circle has the courage to tell him that stepping aside would probably be the greatest service he could possible to do to this country right now. He really should do it now, while he still has control of the narrative, rather than take his chances at the convention and see those electors turn against him.

A huge ego coupled with a galloping dementia is an explosive mixture indeed

Its crazy that there's only 3 years difference between him and Trump yet the Don acts like he's 65 physically and mentally and Biden appears like he's 95.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jul 13, 2024 4:55 pm

Biden doesn't have dementia, he's suppressing his stutter, and the older he gets, the earlier he gets tired, the more gaffes he makes during prime time.
He's always said dumb shit. Biden was always famous for his gaffes. And he's always been super smart. He still is super smart. He still would be a decent president. He's just a shit candidate because it fucking looks like dementia on TV.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jul 13, 2024 5:32 pm

I don't know exactly how dementia looks at each stage but mistaking Zelensky for Putin and saying "my VP Trump" within one day is pretty bad

He keeps confusing names of people and places on a daily basis, then calls off meetings with foreign leaders to go to bed. Its just cruel for him to keep doing this
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:40 pm

Myesyats wrote:I don't know exactly how dementia looks at each stage but mistaking Zelensky for Putin and saying "my VP Trump" within one day is pretty bad

He keeps confusing names of people and places on a daily basis, then calls off meetings with foreign leaders to go to bed. Its just cruel for him to keep doing this

Yeah I know it's bad, and he should step back and let someone else run, because he's not winning a presidential campaign with this.
But he's always confused names. Like, 30 years back he did this shit. He's suppressing a stutter, talking is taxing for him, as he's ancient now, things are more exhausting for him. He should not be running for president.
He still would probably be a decent president.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:04 am

Congratulations on the second term , President Trump
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:22 am

Crazy world we live in. Anyone can be gotten to.

But the media never stop... When you google it you can only find titles like"Secret service interrupt Trump rally" and similar insignificant titles.

They are really against Trump. Which is why I support him a bit.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:36 am

The US Politics Thread - Page 25 20240710

Ffs
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:14 am

Yeah apparently this was an assassination attempt. Someone shot at Trump and grazed his ear. A spectator at his rally was killed and another injured. Secret Service killed the shooter.

I originally thought this may have been a very cynical ploy by Trump to curry the sympathy vote, but now I'm not so sure. I wouldn't put anything past him, but willingly sacrificing an innocent bystander's life would be a level of Machiavellian that would be beyond the pale even for Trump.

Either way, the identity and motives of the shooter could very well tip this election in Trump's favor decisively.

The last thing Democrats need is for this man to be seen as a martyr by independents. Not to mention this is going to increase the radicalization of his supporters.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:24 am

Elections were already going well in Trumps favor, I think risking a bullet to the head and being 1 centimeter away from death would be a pretty stupid way to win a couple votes.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:00 am

The shooter was a registered Republican who donated 15$ to Democrats, seems like someone who was not happy with the direction Republicans were headed to under Trump.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:04 am

One thing is clear to me. Goverments and powerful institutions are not your friends. Whenever they rally together against someone, that is probably your man.

Now, in 99% of cases they would easily destroy any single man, but Trump keeps coming back at them. Wounded, this time literally, he gets up and keeps punching back.

I don't know or care about Trump. Who knows the skeletons in his closet... To make it in politics, you probably have a dozen closets. These people are morally corrupt. But I am 100% certain that he is the best choice for the American people. I have never, ever seen any form of govermental institution work so hard against it's people as the democrats have been.

The manipulation of American people by the current regime is the worst I've ever witnessed. They way they are using black people is particularly disgusting. Transgender people as well. They absolutely do not care about their lives and their mental health and the way they pretend to work for them while putting the black community on their knees in a way that is almost as vile as slavery itself while pretending to be their friends has me confused because it is so blatantly obvious. Unfortunately the community leaders are aware of this and enjoy great benefits to lead black people back into a form of slavery and transgender people further into delusions.

Divide et impera. Whoever is pushing race, gender and stuff at you is the one dividing you and ruling you.

I am far away from America and it is the last place I would want to be. And I used to dream about being there. Just an outsiders take.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:58 am

Vibe wrote:Crazy world we live in. Anyone can be gotten to.
Apparently not Putin lmfao. Over 20 years and not one successful attempt.

I find it weird how people are saying Secret Service were notifitied of a shooter on the roof but apparently ignored it. Might be a deep state plot to get rid of Don
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:04 pm

Vibe wrote:Elections were already going well in Trumps favor, I think risking a bullet to the head and being 1 centimeter away from death would be a pretty stupid way to win a couple votes.

Trump is honestly desperate to win. A loss will severely damage his ability to avoid prison time for the felony he's already been convicted of. He was supposed to have been sentenced in the hush money case already, but that was pushed out to after the election, I believe.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:22 pm

So you are telling me, with a straight face, that Trump put his life into the hands of some random 20 year old, to shoot him in the ear and not his brain that is 1.5 cm away, while moving his head constantly. He literally moved his head in the very last moment, or the bullet would be in his brain.

There is 0% chance of that being true. Below zero.

McLewis, I have always liked you and respected you and I never tried to call you out on some BS because I understood these are emotional things for you and that your family doesn't have it easy being black in America. But come on man... Let's be real here.

Everything in American media, every piece of news, every narrative need to go through several filters in your mind to see something resembling the real picture. Right now, there are rooms and rooms, probably buldings full of people in the democrat media digging and desperately searching for anything with one single goal - how do we spin this. Let's see what they come up with.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:27 pm

ffs

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:36 pm

McLewis wrote:Yeah apparently this was an assassination attempt. Someone shot at Trump and grazed his ear. A spectator at his rally was killed and another injured. Secret Service killed the shooter.

I originally thought this may have been a very cynical ploy by Trump to curry the sympathy vote, but now I'm not so sure. I wouldn't put anything past him, but willingly sacrificing an innocent bystander's life would be a level of Machiavellian that would be beyond the pale even for Trump.

Either way, the identity and motives of the shooter could very well tip this election in Trump's favor decisively.

The last thing Democrats need is for this man to be seen as a martyr by independents. Not to mention this is going to increase the radicalization of his supporters.

I think Trump definitely would sacrifice a bystander, but I don't think he would sacrifice his ear. No conspiracy here, just a nutjob with a gun.

Trump just got the underdog vote.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:55 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Apparently not  Putin lmfao. Over 20 years and not one successful attempt.

I find it weird how people are saying Secret Service were notifitied of a shooter on the roof but apparently ignored it. Might be a deep state plot to get rid of Don

Agreed, i think we all are aware of the fact that the American deep state views Trump as a nuisance at best and a threat to their power at worst, they obviously wouldn't mind seeing him get eliminated.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:06 pm

Anyway, the media and the prominent political figures trying to spin this, each to their own narrative, makes me want to vomit.

The circus never stops.

I'm going back to staying away from the news and keeping my mind palace clean of dirt.
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:13 pm

Myesyats wrote:ffs

Myesyats wrote:
Apparently not Putin lmfao. Over 20 years and not one successful attempt.

I imagine that’s because any potential hit on Putin would not only risk the life of the would be assassin, but also their family members, regardless of whether or not they took part in it The US Politics Thread - Page 25 1f605
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:06 pm

Putin really doesn't have many enemies in Russia tbh, pretty much 90% of the country approve of his policies.

The US Politics Thread - Page 25 Untitled
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:45 pm

Vibe wrote:Anyway, the media and the prominent political figures trying to spin this, each to their own narrative, makes me want to vomit.

The circus never stops.

I'm going back to staying away from the news and keeping my mind palace clean of dirt.

Following politics is a complete waste of time. It was a total joke growing up around boomers saying we need to watch the news to be "informed" gtfo.

Not only half of it is sensationalism it is in bad faith and just isn't actual knowledge be it news or politics. Stop following it and I guarantee anyones mental health will be sanitised.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:04 pm

Wow... just wow. This is real? Not read up but just the headline photos of his bloodied ear n fist held up... gives such a fake feeling? Lol... anyway, we will never if its real assassination attempt or not? But surely he will win it now? There has been example of these things in the past.. Taiwan's president like 20 yrs or so ago had something like it close call n helped his votes... as usual the attempts miss by a centimeter n the target n in this case Trump is largely unscathed?

Its fair to say even without this, Trump even slightly leading the polls right? Cos most Americans werent happy with things n Trump always promises to give them jobs n good economy so most average ppl vote for him, is that correct? Razz Always worried im wrong cos Im not sure...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next