Myesyats
Thimmy
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
Babun
45 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Myesyats Mon 30 Aug - 22:56:58

peace & love The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 40 270c The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 40 270c

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 40 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 30 Aug - 23:09:56

Pretty much what cbarca said. Concern is not Israel's deaths but what a similar case growth would do for countries with far lower vaccination rates.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue 31 Aug - 14:00:01

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Pretty much what cbarca said. Concern is not Israel's deaths but what a similar case growth would do for countries with far lower vaccination rates.

Politicians in Germany have got 2G-rule (geimpft-genesen , vaxed-cured) and group specific lockdowns in mind to curb the new unvaxxed wave. Instead of focusing on the incidence the number of the hospitalized in the ICUs will be the new measure for a lockdown or a curb. Should the amount of the patients get too high in a short while a lockdown for unvaxxed people or those with just one jab is possible. Vaccinated or cured people are exempt from any type of lockdowns. German constitution prohibits restriction of basic rights if the condition isn't present anymore. With more than 70% vaccinated population, our government is forced to give vaccinated people their freedom back except for wearing masks. At the same time, the safety and health of the vulnerable population is also government's duty according to the constitution so they can't leave the unvaxxed alone to themselves.
The rulings represent a compromise for the upcoming winter. I don't know how the US or England are going to deal with the next wave. France, Germany, Spain and Italy usually follow the same guidline more or less.
CBarca wrote:I think the concern is that Israel has around 80% vaccinated. A similar rise, or even more dramatic rise, in countries that are even less vaccinated will see not only a massive jump in cases, but with a larger portion of those being unvaccinated (as Babun said, 70% in Germany...even less in the US at 60%) a large jump in the number of deaths. That difference in 10-20% vaccinated is concerning and leaves a lot of people vulnerable. Certainly we can see that hospitals here in the US are having massive trouble again in certain areas.

On the whole I agree with you that when you look at Israel's data, it's not particularly concerning. And I agree that case numbers in and of themselves are no longer a perfect proxy of concern, since the vaccine dulls the lethality of COVID so much. But if Israel is showing what Delta can do once vaccine efficacy begins to fade, it's concerning in areas that are less vaccinated.

At least for the health system, it's hard for me to care very much about unvaccinated folks getting sick and facing consequences at this point, but in areas of the US this is out of control and affecting other people now. My uncle wanted to go to the ER because he was in vertigo, and someone who was there was waiting since 9AM. It was 7PM. I guess he managed to sleep it off just fine or something though, idk, weird dude

Except that the 10-20% difference which doesn't sound much at first translates to more than 10 - 20 million people in each country. I'm not a big fan of ignorants but I don't wish them death either.

Last edited by Babun on Tue 31 Aug - 15:19:07; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue 31 Aug - 14:40:39

Yeah I didn't say that but my hope is that that point was well understood. An extra 20% in the US (which is true, I believe we're vaxxed somewhere around 60%) is about 66 million people.

When you break the numbers down it explains how easily hospitals can *still* be overcrowded and overwhelmed in highly unvaccinated areas or even relatively vaxxed areas, because quite frankly there are a LOT of unvaxxed individuals who could still get hospitalized, not to mention the (very small proportionally) number of vaccinated individuals who could still suffer COVID complications, even if unlikely.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue 31 Aug - 15:47:15

CBarca wrote:Yeah I didn't say that but my hope is that that point was well understood. An extra 20% in the US (which is true, I believe we're vaxxed somewhere around 60%) is about 66 million people.

When you break the numbers down it explains how easily hospitals can *still* be overcrowded and overwhelmed in highly unvaccinated areas or even relatively vaxxed areas, because quite frankly there are a LOT of unvaxxed individuals who could still get hospitalized, not to mention the (very small proportionally) number of vaccinated individuals who could still suffer COVID complications, even if unlikely.

I personally know a woman, 58y old, who was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer after the last lockdown. Nothing can be done anymore. There're a lot more similar cases or other  types. I think people with heart problems or the ones with ongoing treatments also got the short end of the stick. It wasn't just the ICU beds, everything was a mess.
I'm starting to hate on the antivaxxers :coffee:
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu 2 Sep - 0:40:22

I have an anti-vaxxer uncle , he had even hearth attack two years ago, we tried to convince him desperately to get vaccine ( my grandmother old 90 got but It was not enough to convince him) and of course what's happened ? He tested positive yesterday and be' s symtomatic ( high fever)

How the hell I hate ignorance and have to suffer the consequences of the ignorance of others
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri 3 Sep - 14:25:20

Robespierre wrote:I have an anti-vaxxer uncle , he had even hearth attack two years ago, we tried to convince him desperately to get vaccine ( my grandmother old 90 got but It was not enough to convince him) and of course what's happened ? He tested positive yesterday and be' s symtomatic ( high fever)

How the hell I hate ignorance and have to suffer the consequences of the ignorance of others

Have a look:
http://mediarado.de/KAREN%20KINGSTON%20VON%20PFIZER%20ERKL%C3%84RT,%20WIE%20GRAPHENOXID%20IN%20DEN%20COVID-19-IMPF-STOFFEN%20DICH%20AUSL%C3%96SCHEN%20WIRD.mp4

That's what antivaxxers are brainwashed with. How is something like this allowed at all? A sceptical person with no scientific background can't distinguish truth from bullshit. They sound very convincing.. Everything in that video is a lie.
https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-graphene-lipidvaccines-idUSL1N2PI2XH

P.S.: I hope your uncle will go through unscathed.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 5 Sep - 19:18:33

Map of estimated excess deaths due to covid:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-dm9zLXIAQ4GGj?format=jpg&name=large
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon 6 Sep - 11:29:50

Just wondering whats the latest thinking regarding getting the majority (ie. around 70% of the pop.) vaxed? Hearing that experts in the UK now think thats hard to achieve or even that its not much use to achieve that even? Since the variants almost makes these outdated vax ineffective in terms of infection and spread, only helps with hospitalisation and seriousness?

Some are saying that they should just let it be like the Flu more and dont treat it as serious as we have done until now? Otherwise these lockdowns and measures and fears is just gonna continue on...? Seems like lot of ppl in the US and UK are already doing that?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 6 Sep - 19:38:58

why did you spread the virus coronalearning

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 6 Sep - 19:39:30

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Map of estimated excess deaths due to covid:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-dm9zLXIAQ4GGj?format=jpg&name=large

will it reduce the property prices though?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon 6 Sep - 21:30:29

Lol no chance. Maybe in cities.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue 7 Sep - 18:18:18

[quote="RealGunner"]why did you spread the virus coronalearning

Huh RG? Genuine question was my intention, since I dont follow all the latest in the UK but heard someone talk about that a couple of days ago. He said some experts in the UK that, so Im just trying to keep up to date with things.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 7 Sep - 19:17:11

lol i am just messing with you
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue 7 Sep - 20:00:27

I'm double-vaxed with Pfizer and i'm treated no different to unvaxed plebs other than i don't have to quarantine when travelling (i havent travelled since the pandemic started). Still have to wear a mask, still have to present my digital bloatware garbage government COVID app in malls/buildings, that is using my location 24/7 and draining 30% battery an hour.

Meanwhile, my wife has been pregnant for the past 9 months, and gave birth to my newborn 1 month ago, was advised by her doctor to not take the vaccine if she is breastfeeding (which she is) because they don't know the long-term effects of the vaccine, and my newborn son has an underlying kidney problem.

This basically meant that she was home-ridden for the past 9 months, and will be for the foreseeable future. And before anyone gets on my case that i shouldn't be bringing a child to the world in these circumstances, fuck off.

Swear this pandemic exposed how retarded and incompetent governments can be, even the most venerated institutions has flaws.

Sometimes i wish Unique was in charge or things were like Brazil or Egypt, even for a short while.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue 7 Sep - 20:53:37

Congrats on the kid!
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 7 Sep - 20:58:51

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40