Myesyats
Thimmy
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
Babun
45 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Myesyats Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:04 pm

Well i agree re restaurants, sporting events etc. Sounds like a hassle.

But to me it seems far fetched to be this hysterical about this. I assume people were saying the same when drivers license was introduced: "What???? I need a card to drive my car anywhere past my backyard? And the police can halt and fine me for not having one arghhhhhH?"

Its also similar to protesting 5G and vaccines because they supposedly have "chips" in them. Medical cards etc. are not something extraordinary.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 21 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by rincon Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:38 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

and why aren't you guys anti-vaccine passports???????

They already exist??? Every child has to have an immunisation card and be vaccinated against tuberculosis, hepatitis B, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, poliomyelitis, Haemophilus influenzae type b, pneumococci, measles, mumps and rubella (in PL at least). So everyone already has that "passport"

Nonsense. Nobody is not allowed to travel if they cant prove these things. I have not been vaccinated against almost all of those things and cant prove I have been vaccinated against even 1.

Then you dont travel very far. Many are absolutely not allowed to travel to places that require vaccines due to the presence of infectious diseases.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:51 pm

Myesyats wrote:Well i agree re restaurants, sporting events etc. Sounds like a hassle.

But to me it seems far fetched to be this hysterical about this. I assume people were saying the same when drivers license was introduced: "What???? I need a card to drive my car anywhere past my backyard? And the police can halt and fine me for not having one arghhhhhH?"

Its also similar to protesting 5G and vaccines because they supposedly have "chips" in them. Medical cards etc. are not something extraordinary.
In the US people are still outraged at a national identity card . Meanwhile the nsa knows where I am every moment of my life and no one bats an eye.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:58 pm

@The Franchise let's agree to disagree then eco smile

What's amazing to me about the vaccune passports is that is mostly a European debate. I haven't had anyone talk to me about it here. Maybe because Americans don't travel ? But even so it's not being considered for restaurants and venues .
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:11 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:@The Franchise let's agree to disagree then eco smile

What's amazing to me about the vaccune passports is that is mostly a European debate. I haven't had anyone talk to me about it here. Maybe because Americans don't travel ? But even so it's not being considered for restaurants and venues .

You'd be surprised but ironically vac passports aren't there to control or restrict anything. The constitution ratificated by EU doesn't allow lockdown rules to apply to a citizien if they aren't in danger anymore or pose a danger to someone else. The lockdown rules will become then illegal and the courts would overrule anything the gouvernment proposes or ratificates. Basic human right of freedom cannot be changed easily. So to avoid uncontrolling opening like the US does the EU gouvernments must give its vaccinated citizens at least some of their freedom back. How are you going to regulate then who is vaccinated who is not? What if you have to travel? Instead of stupid mix of 27 vaccine passports, the EU is considering to make one which is valid for all of the EU. After everyone is vaccinated two times, the passes won't matter anymore (obsolete) but until then a regulation is needed.
So yeah, might sound stupid but the matter is a technical one Laughing

Last edited by Babun on Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:17 am

Myesyats wrote:
Babun wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

They already exist??? Every child has to have an immunisation card and be vaccinated against tuberculosis, hepatitis B, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, poliomyelitis, Haemophilus influenzae type b, pneumococci, measles, mumps and rubella (in PL at least). So everyone already has that "passport"

WTF is happening in Poland? I thought the situation was bad but not that bad. You don't have a population as old as ours yet 800 deaths per day Shocked

Underfunded healthcare system and right-wing populist government!

They were more concerned with bickering & scuffling in the ruling camp instead and did not prepare for 2nd and even 3rd wave. And they keep using the pandemic for political purposes. Worst and most incompetent gov. coalition since 1989. Focused solely on disbanding democratic institutions.

In general I think populists are not coping well with this pandemic.

Just today this happened, in the middle of 3rd wave they've "fired" our human rights watchman. You can see their priorities.

Point is you're our neighbours we can't bring anything under control over here until you guys don't do your part on the other side of the boder. Czechs failed but they're willing to receive help and are doing their part (they got extra Biontech vaccines from the EU to curb the spread, their gouvernment is very cooperative). Your gouverment isn't cooperating which makes me mad. I know lots of Poles, they're good people, it saddens me how the situation is spiraling out of control.
Again, no health care system is going to cope with the Wuhan virus no matter how overblown it is.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:45 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:@The Franchise let's agree to disagree then eco smile

It is also not really considered here for restaurants. It's mostly proposed as a tool for international travels to give people more freedom who are already vaccinated, as babun says.

The EU's proposal which actually exists is to have a certificate that is recognized by all member states, instead of 28 different pieces of paper. That's mostly where the proposal stops, as each member state is free to do what it wants with that. Some are proposing to allow international travelers without need to quarantine if they have the vaccine card, other are not planning to do anything with it, etc.

It also stipulates that its temporary (becoming "useless" the moment that the pandemic is declared finished), that it contains little personal data, and that its freely provided by the member states to its citizens.

https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/eu-affairs/164741/travelling-with-covid-passport-possible-from-end-of-june-says-eu-didier-reynders-digital-green-certificate-libe-vaccination-passport-european-parliament-commission/
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:01 pm

Having a mild shortness of breath with dry cough since morning, not sure if anxiety or i got the virus.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:59 pm

Vaccination progress in EU for interested parties:
https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker.html#uptake-tab

The progress is at 20% first vaccination in average.
Pedram wrote:Having a mild shortness of breath with dry cough since morning, not sure if anxiety or i got the virus.

Inform close people to you so they periodically check up on you, take a PCR test if possible, isolate yourself from your parents and other vulnerable people. Hopfully, just a dry cough..
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:43 pm

Babun wrote:Vaccination progress in EU for interested parties:
https://vaccinetracker.ecdc.europa.eu/public/extensions/COVID-19/vaccine-tracker.html#uptake-tab

The progress is at 20% first vaccination in average.
Pedram wrote:Having a mild shortness of breath with dry cough since morning, not sure if anxiety or i got the virus.

Inform close people to you so they periodically check up on you, take a PCR test if possible, isolate yourself from your parents and other vulnerable people. Hopfully, just a dry cough..

And get yourself some Budesonide asthma spray
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:58 pm

why give it the power of thought?

it's funny now these days when people get the first signs of basic cough/flu symptoms their immediate thought is "Covid" lol... i just brush it off as my allergies acting up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:37 pm

Can you smell ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:43 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Well i agree re restaurants, sporting events etc. Sounds like a hassle.

In the US people are still outraged at a national identity card . Meanwhile the nsa knows where I am every moment of my life and no one bats an eye.

Everyone's already got an iPhone and that little thing contains a gazillion more information than a ID or passport could ever hold.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:06 pm

Babun wrote:Point is you're our neighbours we can't bring anything under control over here until you guys don't do your part on the other side of the boder. Czechs failed but they're willing to receive help and are doing their part (they got extra Biontech vaccines from the EU to curb the spread, their gouvernment is very cooperative). Your gouverment isn't cooperating which makes me mad. I know lots of Poles, they're good people, it saddens me how the situation is spiraling out of control.
Again, no health care system is going to cope with the Wuhan virus no matter how overblown it is.

The only hope is vaccines. We have to speed up the process, started out well but now we're falling behind.

There will be no co-operating anytime soon I'm afraid. PIS tries to undermine the EU and the most probable interaction in the near future will be EU imposing punitive measures against PL for not respecting the rule of law. As you've probably heard PIS prefers to meet up with Salvini & Orban instead of Merkel & Macron. It's really a farce, our foreign policy currently is so retarded and we suffer for it in the pandemic.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:12 pm

El Gunner wrote:

why give it the power of thought?

it's funny now these days when people get the first signs of basic cough/flu symptoms their immediate thought is "Covid" lol... i just brush it off as my allergies acting up

I'm normally like you, totally dismissive toward signs and symptoms, but this one feels different, I never had this feeling of having to force myself to breathe more air, it's not something you consiously think about doing, and this thing has been going on for like 48 hours now so definitely not a panic or anxiety attack, hope you're right tho.

Warrior wrote:
Can you smell ?

Yep
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:17 am

just take your cold and cough medicine then...
did i tell you guys i got a "low-positive" Covid test in December when i wanted to travel to Johannesburg? lol i was so pissed at where the level of accuracy the testing is at. I remember i had an itchy throat a day before testing and it did feel like a cold was coming on, but it never developed into anything.

Turns out you can have the usual strands of the cold virus in your system and it can still be picked up/diagnosed as "Covid" at a certain level/degree because the testing isn't 100% accurate (yet).
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:47 am

Covid deniers event in Sweden leaves host dead, 12 infected

https://www.newsweek.com/covid-19-deniers-event-leaves-host-dead-12-infected-1583553

My sympathy is spent to have any left for these :facepalm:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:40 pm

COVID-19 risk from touching contaminated surface is less than 1 in 10,000, new CDC study says

https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2021/04/covid-19-risk-from-touching-contaminated-surface-is-less-than-1-in-10000-new-cdc-study-says.html

If you ever feel useless, remember this guy exists:
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 21 Maxresdefault
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:50 am

Indian variant of the Wuhan virus seems to outcompete the British variant within India itself. It has got the same immune evading escape mutation the South African variant has and the one the British variant for accelerated spread.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56792740

Time will show whether false alarmism is at place or a true threat is emerging. The annoying dude in Germany, Karl Lauterbach, is concerned.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:14 pm

India is done.

It was always going to happen with such a congested population, but that does not making watch what happens any easier.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:22 pm

Yeah really scary stuff. I'm hearing 20% fatalities in some instances (guessing it's due to lack of testing?)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:08 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah really scary stuff. I'm hearing 20% fatalities in some instances (guessing it's due to lack of testing?)

It's much worse. I contacted my Indian friend in HH. He told me he lost his uncle, death numbers are 10 times higher than reported, most people don't make it to the hospital, die and are cremated as soon as possible, the health care system totally collapsed, young people die in front of the hospitals because there is no oxygen for them, they drown as they say. The biggest problem seems to be the lack of oxygen for the mild cases. Triage is already at place, elderly aren't even treated. Their government  is planing to change the vaccine rollout so every adult can have a jab regardless of any type of precondtions. At the moment, 10% of their population is vaccinated. He tries to financially help his family over there any way possible but isolation seems to be difficult as well.
I'm sad, very, very sad..
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:53 am

Sounds like an absolute nightmare in India. Every country needs to be sending a fuckton of vaccines their way imo
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:33 am

Got my first shot on Thurs (moderna). Was really tired for about 36 hours but other than that fine . Not sure if the vaccine or just working really long hours lately .
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:00 pm

Idk anyone who had symptoms beyond a sore arm after the first shot. The second shot though...

Regardless, congrats!
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:26 pm

CBarca wrote:Sounds like an absolute nightmare in India. Every country needs to be sending a fuckton of vaccines their way imo

They have a huge population thats why it looks bad. There are smaller countries that are doing way worse per 1m people.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next