M99
Pedram
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
Freeza
47 posters

Page 43 of 43 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43

Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 43 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Lex Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:33 pm

Those two examples saved dozens of lives. And the mall guy is being smeared left, right and centre Rolling Eyes

Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 43 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:18 am

Just gonna point out to the NRA, that in Uvalde, the police showed up, which are supposedly multiple good guys with guns, and apparently they just stood around for a bit until the shooting stopped.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:31 am

In Uvalde 400 officers loitering around for 1 active shooter. If there's a gun police are afraid of then maybe people shouldn't be able to buy that gun.

I'm pretty sure nearly all active shooters scenarios would be solved with a ban on males under 35 buying semi automatic long rifles or high capacity magazines. These are people that don't vote so presumably congress wouldn't care. And it'd be easier to pass than an outright ban. Not sure why age limits are not discussed more often.

But this wouldn't actually solve gun violence as mass shooters are a small percentage of all deaths.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:14 pm

Oh yeah mass shootings are what grabs the headlines, but the bulk of shooting victims die in accidents and in murders/manslaughters, not sprees.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:10 am

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jan/27/tyre-nichols-video-memphis-police-footage-released

These officers are fully aware they have bodycams on them and still do this shit??? They must've gotten away with a lot, it's basically like a gang within a police unit.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:37 am

Atrocious and senseless video to watch, you can hear Tyre Nichols scream for his mother and they keep beating him up, those police officers are cowards. They belong in jail for the rest of their pathetic lives.

Whatever the context was there is no excuse for this
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Found Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:09 am

Kind of ruins the idea that black communities will be better off with just black police officers
Found
Found
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:11 pm

Warrior wrote:Atrocious and senseless video to watch, you can hear Tyre Nichols scream for his mother and they keep beating him up, those police officers are cowards. They belong in jail for the rest of their pathetic lives.

Whatever the context was there is no excuse for this

For my own mental health, I decided against watching it. No good will come of it.

Found wrote:Kind of ruins the idea that black communities will be better off with just black police officers

I've lived in Black communities all my life in 3 different states. This was never a thing.

On Black cops in general, James Baldwin said it best:

Black policemen were another matter. We used to say, "If you just must call a policeman" - for we hardly ever did - "for God's sake, try to make sure it's a White one."
A Black policeman could completely demolish you. He knew far more about you than a White policeman could and you were without defense before this Black brother in uniform whose entire reason for breathing seemed to be his hope to offer proof that, though he was Black, he was not Black like you.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:13 pm

Nowhere else will this tweet make sense than in 'Murica'.

Embarrassing.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:22 pm

I hope it occured while she was eating a hamburger and a bald eagle happened to be flying by overhead.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:30 pm

I've always associated baseball games with hot dogs personally. Some people call them "ballpark franks" because of that, but burgers and pizza also get sold too. I go to Detroit Tigers games every once in a while when someone's got a free ticket and I have some free time. The sport itself sucks, but it's generally a good time socially.

The even wilder thing about this to me is this stadium is in a part of Chicago has isn't at all known for any real level of violence. This was likely some right-wing moron from the burbs afraid of the big 'ol city.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:43 pm

Every time this thread gets bumped I feel some dread. At least this time it's a little humorous Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:43 pm

Yeah agreed.

I could've (and should've) bumped it a few times, especially considering what happened in Jacksonville, but there's just so many of these. So I went with a little levity instead.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:11 pm

It's an old habit for me to call the yellow mustard "baseball mustard" to differentiate from the terrible Dijon mustard. Hot-dogs with mustard and ketchup at the baseball game is a classic.

My city used to have a MLB team but they relocated when i was 7-8 years old. What a shame. We had season tickets so i went to the stadium often, i have some nice memories and the amazing taste of the hot-dogs is certainly not the least of them.

To stay on topic whoever brings a gun to a public event is an irresponsible bum at the very least. What i cannot understand is the fascination over weapons and violence in general. To think USA must suffer powerful lobbies such as NRA is so absurd.

There was a video that circulated for a while, of a dude from Oklahoma or something, emptying clips on a tornado to defend his home. Murica Molenation
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:26 am

Americans are so glorified and desensitised to gun violence they name their favourite glock 9 names like Pat Mahomes or Joe Pesci.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:30 am

I will never understand how most Americans think it's normal to carry guns. I saw so many videos of people casually walking with assault rifles that it disturbes me, despite being so far away.

America is so strange man, I swear. As a child I used to dream of it as the greatest place. Maybe it used to be, but now I don't think I would go there, ever, under no circumstances.

How many schools need to be shot up for someone to say enough? I know goverments don't really care about people, but this is some next level shit.

Just ban the freaking guns. There is absolutely no need for anyone to have more than one gun per household, and the gun shouldn't be allowed to leave the household. Just for worst case scenario.

But I saw one video of a "protest" that looked more like a riot, and there were more people there with assault rifles than not. And cops were walking by as if that is normal. So I guess it is allowed for people to carry assault rifles in the street? That had me shook, I mean for fucks sake what is going on.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:07 am

Warrior wrote:It's an old habit for me to call the yellow mustard "baseball mustard" to differentiate from the terrible Dijon mustard. Hot-dogs with mustard and ketchup at the baseball game is a classic.

Nevermind guns, this is the real controversy in this thread. Dijon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yellow mustard
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:19 am

Vibe wrote:I will never understand how most Americans think it's normal to carry guns. I saw so many videos of people casually walking with assault rifles that it disturbes me, despite being so far away.

America is so strange man, I swear. As a child I used to dream of it as the greatest place. Maybe it used to be, but now I don't think I would go there, ever, under no circumstances.

How many schools need to be shot up for someone to say enough? I know goverments don't really care about people, but this is some next level shit.

Just ban the freaking guns. There is absolutely no need for anyone to have more than one gun per household, and the gun shouldn't be allowed to leave the household. Just for worst case scenario.

But I saw one video of a "protest" that looked more like a riot, and there were more people there with assault rifles than not. And cops were walking by as if that is normal. So I guess it is allowed for people to carry assault rifles in the street? That had me shook, I mean for fucks sake what is going on.

Just go to Canada bro, it's like the USA but mentally stable

Banff, Alberta is on my go-to list to visit.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:25 am

@Vibe i believe in gun rights in terms of owning one for self-defense at your home, and for when Viva La Revolution finally breaks out. But yea carrying one out in your daily life in the streets is just inviting trouble.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:43 am

Something else also strikes a nerve with me, it's the post shooting inteviews in situations where the shooting was "justified".

It's how cold they seem and how professional their vocabulary sounds when they explain on camera how many rounds they put into a person and what caliber at what distance. It sounds like pride, as if they waited their entire life for this opportunity to shoot someone up. Casual citizens, as if the value of life is non-existent.

I can't imagine a situation where I could shoot someone, would have to be absolute life & death shit and I would not even defend my own life with a gun, only a childs life.

Is it truly that widely fucked up over there? Or is it just the media picture that the rest of us get like when they focus on 1% of the shit that happens and nothing else.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:58 am

Vibe wrote:
Is it truly that widely fucked up over there? Or is it just the media picture that the rest of us get like when they focus on 1% of the shit that happens and nothing else.

Its a big problem but a lot of its the media.

I lived in two states for a total of 5 years. I've gone back to visit many times since, including going to New York, California, and Texas in the last year.

In all that time I've never actually seen anyone with a gun in public. Only guns I've seen are from the police and at a shooting range I went once to try it out.

Of course if you go to certain parts I'm sure you'll see them, I'm guessing in rural areas in republican dominated states and in shady areas even more so. But I have mostly been in the cities (Boston, NY, Houston, LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago, Indianapolis, etc.) and its never been the case.

The media paints a dystopic and overwhelmingly negative view of the US in both, the US itself, and especially in Europe. I have been living in Europe for the last 10 years or so and some of the opinions here about the US are shocking, 99% of time it will be opinions of people that have never been there.

There are many places there worth a visit.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:58 am

rincon wrote:
Vibe wrote:

Its a big problem but a lot of its the media.

I lived in two states for a total of 5 years. I've gone back to visit many times since, including going to New York, California, and Texas in the last year.

In all that time I've never actually seen anyone with a gun in public. Only guns I've seen are from the police and at a shooting range I went once to try it out.

Of course if you go to certain parts I'm sure you'll see them, I'm guessing in rural areas in republican dominated states and in shady areas even more so. But I have mostly been in the cities (Boston, NY, Houston, LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago, Indianapolis, etc.) and its never been the case.

The media paints a dystopic and overwhelmingly negative view of the US in both, the US itself, and especially in Europe. I have been living in Europe for the last 10 years or so and some of the opinions here about the US are shocking, 99% of time it will be opinions of people that have never been there.

There are many places there worth a visit.

Yeah I lived in rural Illinois for roughly a year when I was younger. Guns everywhere, even in church. It's not about protection or even government tyranny. It's basically a flex for these folks. It's "because I can" mentality. These guns got them feeling so invincible that they don't even lock their doors.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 43 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43