Thimmy
BarrileteCosmico
El Gunner
RealGunner
M99
50 posters

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

UEFA Champions League Final 2020: PSG vs Bayern Munich - Page 11 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League Final 2020: PSG vs Bayern Munich

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:37 pm

I don't think it's so much that they had a lax training regime. The teams who had a lot of time off were coming at a disadvantage because they lacked sharpness.

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

UEFA Champions League Final 2020: PSG vs Bayern Munich - Page 11 Empty Re: UEFA Champions League Final 2020: PSG vs Bayern Munich

Post by Robespierre Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:39 pm

Football fans celebrations before Covid .............. Ah no.

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:40 pm

It's not that PSG seemed unfit, Bayern was clearly superior. Neymar is also fraudulent, he screw up every time
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:42 pm

They started off with some intensity, but they looked quite deflated in the second half. Meanwhile, Bayern sustained the same tempo, and Thomas Muller was sprinting and throwing himself into tackles when the match was about to end. And he’s no longer a youngster Razz

Last edited by Thimmy on Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:42 pm

Warrior wrote:That is offensive, we do good in winter sports in general, not just hockey.

GSP is a mixed martial arts champion too

Ahahah but
UEFA Champions League Final 2020: PSG vs Bayern Munich - Page 11 Image
Sorry if it sounded as offensive
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:42 pm

Casciavit wrote:All these British pundits are awful. Steve Mcmanaman is the worst person I've ever heard on commentary.

Welcome to English football broadcasting. Punditry here isn't about being knowledgeable or insightful. It's about the sound bites; the shit you can put in a Tweet and watch fans get really mad about. When Gary Neville is considered a breath of fresh air for actually analysing the game instead of dolling out boring cliches (though he does this as well), you know there's a problem.

The other issue is that they keep putting the dullest people on colour commentary. First Michael Owen, now Steve McManaman. McManaman sounds bored 100% of the time, just says "that looks all right" to a blatantly bad challenge, and then gives up for the rest of the night.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:43 pm

What a Face
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:46 pm

McManaman is bored until an English team is losing in the Champions League.

The nervous break down that was on display by him for Lyon v City was legendary.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:47 pm

Jay29 wrote:
Casciavit wrote:All these British pundits are awful. Steve Mcmanaman is the worst person I've ever heard on commentary.

McManaman sounds bored 100% of the time, just says "that looks all right" to a blatantly bad challenge, and then gives up for the rest of the night.

All i hear is Fletch Fletch Fletch Fletch Fletch.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:48 pm

Joey Barton as pundit maybe ? Wouldn't be boring
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:51 pm

Arquitecto wrote:McManaman is bored until an English team is losing in the Champions League.

The nervous break down that was on display by him for Lyon v City was legendary.

The bias to English teams is honestly kinda weird. I'm convinced it's a directive from Sky and BT.

Rivals hate each other here. When City went out, there was no "oh no, the English rep is out, woe to our coefficients". Instead, there was a lot of laughter. And memes.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:52 pm

Guess Sports missed this one obviously
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:54 pm

Ander Herrera: «when you lose, you’re fucked for a few days».

Interviewer: «what is it like to play without fans?»
Ander Herrera: «No, it’s shit»

Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:54 pm

Football won today.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:01 pm

Congrats to Bayern.  Well deserved.

PSG tried to win with talent.  It wasn't very organized against Bayern other than sending the balls forward to the front 3 and hope they do something.  

Mbappe...  he can't shoot because he can't plant... he can push off and change directions; he just can't plant his left foot.  Hard to score when you can't really shoot and you're mostly trying to pass the ball into the net.  When he did try to shoot, it took him a day to get himself stabilized so everything was blocked.

Neymar...  this is on Tuchel.  You have to set some minimum boundaries and system around a guy.  The "give him the ball and let him figure it out" strategy is bs.  Wonderful player; but not that mentally strong imo.  He sort of fell apart in the 2nd half.

The defense played well and the midfield played good in terms of defense... but there was no support for the team to move forward.

Not a very good game.  Neither team played very well.  Typical of a final tbh.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:02 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Football won today.
STFU with this nonsense.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:05 pm

Jay29 wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:McManaman is bored until an English team is losing in the Champions League.

The bias to English teams is honestly kinda weird. I'm convinced it's a directive from Sky and BT.

Rivals hate each other here. When City went out, there was no "oh no, the English rep is out, woe to our coefficients". Instead, there was a lot of laughter. And memes.

I mostly only see this on media and some exceptions in fans otherwise when Ive been to pubs often in England for a match or gatherings at houses it the usual banter against an opposite English team, rather than supporting them.

So indeed I fail to see the point behind the supportive nonsense.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:05 pm

Rather pathetic that an irrelevant OM are so useless as of recent they resort to celebrating the loss of a clearly better rival.

I once mentioned here football brings out the loser in all of us but that is a new low.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:06 pm

sportsczy wrote:
STFU with this nonsense.

No.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:07 pm

banana cheers banana
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:07 pm

More favour to me Bayern won over Paris but at the same time I am rather saddened Ligue 1 did not get their overdue win in Europe.

If it was Lyon this season for the CL I would have been over the moon. One day I hope.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:10 pm

Arquitecto wrote:More favour to me Bayern won over Paris but at the same time I am rather saddened Ligue 1 did not get their overdue win in Europe.

If it was Lyon this season for the CL I would have been over the moon. One day I hope.

I get that feeling, I also think Ligue 1 deserves some glory, it's just hard to muster any sympathy for PSG since it's basically just a sporty PR-campaign for a human rights abusing dwarf nation.

I'm also surprised Tuchel didn't get them to follow any proper game plan. You see such flashes of genius from players like Thiago Silva, and even the forwards, but in the end they just seem like a caricature of Barca; they pass to Mbappe or Neymar and hope for the best, but Tuchel didn't really teach them what to do with all that service. Or he tried, but failed.

Either way, PSG is an artificial club made to make us look away form human rights abuse, and they don't even do that well enough.

So, in conclusion:
Football won today.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:11 pm

Yup, that Audi money sure is stuff of footballing heritage.

Also, any team that gives Barcelona their worse (?) European loss ever has my eternal love. At least until 2022.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:12 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Rather pathetic that an irrelevant OM are so useless as of recent they resort to celebrating the loss of a clearly better rival.

I once mentioned here football brings out the loser in all of us but that is a new low.

I disagree, I hope to reach such levels of petty tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:14 pm

Doc wrote:

Yup, that Audi money sure is stuff of footballing heritage.

Also, any team that gives Barcelona their worse (?) European loss ever has my eternal love. At least until 2022.

I mean, they also get Telekom and Allianz money, but really, German sponsoring deals are laughably tiny in comparison to international contracts, so if anything they're pummeling everyone else by being the one team from their Mickey Mouse League that get UCL money each year, their sponsoring contracts have very little to do with it, though they do help.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:14 pm

I like Tuchel but his PSG as a whole have been nothing to write home about and its a surprising move from a manager who I thought would have taken a more cultured or interesting project, having him develop.

Tonight was no exception as he had no plan at all and put it all to their star players.

PSG indeed are owned by a group from a nation I really am not a fan of so them losing over any other Ligue 1 team, is fine by me.

I seethe in envy for the 3rd time in the last 10 years towards Bayern but no doubt they deserve it after losing 2 finals as it is, Osram's win aside.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next