Arquitecto
Vlad the Impaler
RealGunner
S
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Who will go through

UEL QF 18/19 | Arsenal Vs Napoli  - Page 2 Vote_lcap50% UEL QF 18/19 | Arsenal Vs Napoli  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
 UEL QF 18/19 | Arsenal Vs Napoli  - Page 2 Vote_lcap50% UEL QF 18/19 | Arsenal Vs Napoli  - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 8

UEL QF 18/19 | Arsenal Vs Napoli  - Page 2 Empty Re: UEL QF 18/19 | Arsenal Vs Napoli

Post by adun101 Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:08 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
Watch the games against Leipzig again, they desperately wanted to go through and almost did. It‘s just a convenient excuse for always crashing out in important games. Hopefully the same excuses will come out this year.

How about you actually pay attention to what you are watching? More than half of the team for the home game were backups.

adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

UEL QF 18/19 | Arsenal Vs Napoli  - Page 2 Empty Re: UEL QF 18/19 | Arsenal Vs Napoli

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:11 am

adun101 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
Watch the games against Leipzig again, they desperately wanted to go through and almost did. It‘s just a convenient excuse for always crashing out in important games. Hopefully the same excuses will come out this year.

How about you actually pay attention to what you are watching? More than half of the team for the home game were backups.

I pay attention and I am completely unbiased, unlike you.

Napoli underestimated Leipzig and got whooped, then DESPERATELY tried to come back and ALMOST DID in the second leg.

Just like Arsenal underestimated Rennes, but we managed to turn it around in the second leg.

Just admit it, your best competition is a loser club who crashes out against numpties like Villarreal and Leipzig.

Until the Milan clubs are back, your Serie A wins mean nothing.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:19 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
adun101 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:

Napoli underestimated Leipzig and got whooped, then DESPERATELY tried to come back and ALMOST DID in the second leg.

Just like Arsenal underestimated Rennes, but we managed to turn it around in the second leg.

Just admit it, your best competition is a loser club who crashes out against numpties like Villarreal and Leipzig.

Unfortunately, you are also clueless. They were so fucking DESPERATE to come back that they proceeded to start another batch of backups in the return leg.

It still means more than the EL.
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:25 am

adun101 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:
adun101 wrote:

Unfortunately, you are also clueless. They were so fucking DESPERATE to come back that they proceeded to start another batch of backups in the return leg.

It still means more than the EL.

You do know that resting SOME players does NOT mean “not taking the competition” seriously right?

Napoli rested Jorginho and Hysaj (who both came on as substitutes) and Koulibaly. Leipzig also rested Forsberg, Klostermann and others because too play in a league competition, not only Napoli does.

So your precious competition lost to a team that “didn’t take the competition” seriously, either rofl
(hint: they both took it seriously)
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:41 am

Urban :facepalm:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:50 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
You do know that resting SOME players does NOT mean “not taking the competition” seriously right?

EL is a knock-out competition, so that's exactly what it means.

urbaNRoots wrote:Napoli rested Jorginho and Hysaj (who both came on as substitutes) and Koulibaly. Leipzig also rested Forsberg, Klostermann and others because too play in a league competition, not only Napoli does.

Leipzig saw themselves through because they had already won the first leg 3-1 away against a team that didn't gave too many shits, so there was nothing crazy about resting two players.

urbaNRoots wrote:So your precious competition lost to a team that “didn’t take the competition” seriously, either rofl
(hint: they both took it seriously)

My precious competition didn't lose anything, don't bother yourself with that.

adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:12 am

Look at the reaction of Zielinski, hyping up the away fans, Insigne taking the ball in his hands and RUNNING to the middle with the desperate hope to score another

“naPoLi DiDn’T tAkE eL sErIOusLy” rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:26 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
Look at the reaction of Zielinski, hyping up the away fans, Insigne taking the ball in his hands and RUNNING to the middle with the desperate hope to score another

“naPoLi DiDn’T tAkE eL sErIOusLy” rofl

GTFO with your bullshit. Was Insigne supposed to run towards Sarri to bum a cig? Were they supposed to actively try not to win the game?
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:37 am

I'm with @urbaNRoots regarding this one. Napoli actually did have a chance of winning Serie A last year (unlike what @RealGunner said) and I am sure they were focused and kept their best playes fit and ready to fight for that trophy, but at the same time, lining up back ups in the EL doesn't mean you don't want to win it badly.

Like I said on the previous page, there's no such thing of not taking a competition seriously. At some point it's possible that you need to prioritize one competition over another if you are coach, but it doesn't mean you don't want to win them all, but more that you must make a choice when it comes to the players you pick for the games. That's why they have squads of over 20+ players, to rotate and avoid fatigue. Some teams have better squads and can compete equally for each competition, that's why they win trebles, while others aren't able to keep up fighting for every trophy, but I bet they would love to that.

If one coach or player truly thinks there is a game where you don't want to give it all because of another game, in another competition, they are not professionals.

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:38 am

Insigne in the press conference before the 2nd leg against Leipzig:

„We will try to do everything, to turn the game around.“

When asked how they are going to do it:

„We need spitefulness, maybe even a bit of angriness to achieve it. But we have a great desire to turn the game around.“

rofl rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:08 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:lining up back ups in the EL doesn't mean you don't want to win it badly.

Nonsense, if you want to to win something badly, then you play your best players.
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:13 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Insigne in the press conference before the 2nd leg against Leipzig:

„We need spitefulness, maybe even a bit of angriness to achieve it. But we have a great desire to turn the game around.“

rofl rofl

Lol, what else was he supposed to say? I don't care, I'm here only because I have to be?
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:01 am

adun101 wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:Insigne in the press conference before the 2nd leg against Leipzig:

rofl rofl

Lol, what else was he supposed to say? I don't care, I'm here only because I have to be?

In the press conference before the 2nd leg against RB Leipzig, Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri said:

„We want to show desire, and a bit of craziness on the field. For what happened in the first leg, we want to retaliate and take revenge.“

Stop Laughing Laughing Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:22 am

Wait, why am I seeing a Jjuve centric poster defending Napoli? You guys suppose to be temporary Gunners for this tie. Also, I actually saw that 2nd leg vs Leipzig, Napoli put in real effort to win after getting beaten proper in the 1st leg.

I can't say for certain if they did or did not take EL seriously (they certainly took that 2nd leg seriously) but I know they gave up the CL to "focus on winning Serie A". In November.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:41 am

^True, they just were Not good enough to progress from their CL Group
but then prioritizing Serie A over EL was logical,they had legit chance to win the league
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 80s_Stallone Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:51 am

They never had a shot at winning serie a.

Napoli should and did take the EL seriously. Coaches, especially Italians, have a certain douchebaggery towards the EL for some reason. But players most certainly want to win. They are professionals. You cant just turn that level of competitive nature in and off.

And as a side note, I'd love to see Ancelotti and co get there noses rubbed in it but after that twat Tony Adam's comments I sincerely hope arsenal get stomped
80s_Stallone
80s_Stallone
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sampdoria

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:01 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
adun101 wrote:

rofl rofl

In the press conference before the 2nd leg against RB Leipzig, Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri said:

„We want to show desire, and a bit of craziness on the field. For what happened in the first leg, we want to retaliate and take revenge.“

Stop Laughing Laughing Laughing

Coming up with more platitudes that players and coaches say in interviews still won't change the facts.
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:01 pm

UEL QF 18/19 | Arsenal Vs Napoli  - Page 2 Stab_310

with Juve having to play Inter away and Roma Away
Yep yep No chance whatsoever Laughing
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 80s_Stallone Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:18 pm

@sina 1000 apologies, thought we were talking about this season. Woops!!
80s_Stallone
80s_Stallone
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:37 pm

Doc lets be honest we know the case here.

GL like Twitter Football is full of league supporters including expat Italians who support a whole league for some odd reason as a form of pride to which simply is seldom existent in within the country itself.

Baffles me to this day.

As for Napoli, they have shown enough evidence though that they do not take the competition seriously with ADL's frequent disrespect of it, the squads played and the general mentality when they do play.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by 80s_Stallone Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:58 pm

They have no shot of winning any other competition though. Maybe coppa italia.

The support of the league is strange to me too arq... how can one spend time routing against their rivals to turn around and support them in another comp?

80s_Stallone
80s_Stallone
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:01 pm

arsenal should win this tbh. napoli are not as good as people make out. i know they beat us in a group game but it was one of the worst performances ive ever seen from us in the return game they never got a sniff tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:01 pm

UEL QF 18/19 | Arsenal Vs Napoli  - Page 2 D348qajX4AAorBh

UEL QF 18/19 | Arsenal Vs Napoli  - Page 2 D348qalWwAEo-rK
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:04 pm

Fantastic lineup by Emery

Very optimistic that Arsenal can get a great result here
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:57 pm

Very odd line-up by Carletto here. Clearly a pragmatic one that does not even work on paper so i do not see how it will on the field. He almost admitted defeat in his words before the game and clearly does not seem to be excited about this competition given what he is used to whilst the Bob Paisley of EL I feel has this in the bag over a very out of form Napoli as it is.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:06 pm

Amazing how Ramsey would walk in as the 2nd best Juve player straight away.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next