Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 37 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

+23
farfan
Zees
Nivash
Adit
Clutch
chad4401
halamadrid2
Mamad
Valkyrja
Freeza
rincon
Doc
futbol_bill
titosantill
sportsczy
Hapless_Hans
VanDeezNuts
Mr Nick09
The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 04, 2019 12:32 pm

Lol, that makes two of you! You with no natural RW and Sports when they sign Eriksen instead of Pogba!

futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 37 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by futbol_bill Sat May 04, 2019 12:37 pm

i’m A bit surprised at your reaction, thought as that configuration allows both Vinicius and Hazard to start!

However there are several reasons why that configuration is not necessarily workable!

- with 2 mids the amount of pressure it will place on defence
- the weakness of bench!

The alternative is to play 3 midfielders and that means Hazard starts over Vinicius!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 04, 2019 5:11 pm

Pogba deal is very very dependent on Man U getting some other players... a lot of moving parts. I think it gets done. But it's not an easy one.

Hazard, Ndombele and Ferland Mendy are far simpler.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat May 04, 2019 7:34 pm

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Zinedine-zidane-real-madrid-paul-pogba-manchester-united-on-verra-a-la-fin-de-la-saison/1015597

Zidane: "Pogba is a Man U player. He's very good. We'll see what happens at the end of the season; which players come and go. I won't say that we are counting on Pogba as of today as I won't count on anything until it is done."
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat May 04, 2019 8:42 pm

He might as well say he is extremely interest in Pogba and needs both club to sort this shit out...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat May 04, 2019 9:53 pm

Yeah there is actually a lot more chum in the water than I would have thought. Pogba's brother has been talking about the deal as well. It seems like we are swaying toward Pogba and will go for Eriksen only if the Pogba deal doesn't go through.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 05, 2019 1:07 am

Us going after a Utd talisman, finishing trophy-less, got roflstomped by Barca at some point in the season, Barca going for a treble, English teams doing really well in Europe and serious squad revamping gonna take place with Flo at the helm.

This is 2009 all over again.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun May 05, 2019 5:11 am

Doc wrote:This is 2009 all over again.

You wish. In 2009, Florentino bought two Ballon d'Or winners and Xabi freaking Alonso.

Now, you'd be lucky to get a mercenary who plays well once a year and a big-butted sideways-dribbling king.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun May 05, 2019 5:25 am

It's impossible to buy Balon d'ors in 2019. Less to say that one of the 2 bought back then was a massive flop
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 05, 2019 5:47 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:

You wish. In 2009, Florentino bought two Ballon d'Or winners and Xabi freaking Alonso.

Now, you'd be lucky to get a mercenary who plays well once a year and a big-butted sideways-dribbling king.

Imagine writing Balon D’or winner instead of Kaka to fit your opinion.

You damn well know Kaka was way past it and Pogba is
Much better now than Kaka was when he arrived here.

Also hyping up Xabi Alonso like he’s some sort of extra crazy good player.

I’m actually wondering what people would think of Pogba on here if he looked different.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Sun May 05, 2019 6:11 am

Maybe post a bunch of players that you think should have been bought to stem this apparent apathy by the club. It would certainly be more productive than the constant flurry of 'Flo has mentally imploded, I wish me were more like Barca'.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun May 05, 2019 6:48 am

Nivash wrote:

Maybe post a bunch of players that you think should have been bought to stem this apparent apathy by the club. It would certainly be more productive than the constant flurry of 'Flo has mentally imploded, I wish me were more like Barca'.

It's an extremely difficult question. Maybe, just maybe, since Mbappé was clearly a generational talent, I would've paid the wages he was asking for to secure his services. Maybe instead of saving 30m to buy a cheaper CB, I would've given De Ligt a go. Maybe Eriksen is too much of a talented footballer to ignore. Maybe selling Bale and bringing Pepe is not a bad idea. Maybe Ndombélé is extremely talented and the club should try to get him. Maybe trying to sign an extremely inconsistent footballer for exorbitant amount of money is a bad idea? Maybe Mendy can be a good option to replace Marcelo? And maybe, just maybe we would've had far more options hadn't we waited until the very last second to start rebuilding?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun May 05, 2019 7:16 am

Freeza wrote:
I’m actually wondering what people would think of Pogba on here if he looked different.

Whoa, are you serious? Who's ever said anything that would indicate that they look down on Pogba, due to his appearance or skin color? I have an issue with his general attitude. I don't think anyone would mind it if all of our summer signings were black, for that matter. Why would you suspect that anyone has an issue with a particular appearance? Many of the current, best players happen to be black. I'm a massive fan of Kante, for instance. Now, that's a winner with the right attitude.

I may have been harsh on Pogba recently, but I think the criticism is justified, as I think I've been extremely patient with him as a non-United fan, even before he became a potential transfer target for us. Considering the circumstances surrounding his potential signing, and the importance of him performing well to justify it, I believe the scepticism is warranted. And considering what I've seen from him, I think there's plenty of reasons to be sceptical. Even if I buy into Sport's mental gymnastics and imagine a scenario where he perfectly slots into the team, it's hard to imagine that his attitude will suddenly change. You don't purchase a player with such specific demands towards his surroundings and build your team around him, just to replace him when it doesn't work out. We've been cutting corners in relevance to our usual standards in recent years, I don't think we can afford such a high-risk gamble. I don't think Pogba can afford another underwhelming and/or drama-fueled spell at club level, either.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 05, 2019 7:20 am

Nivash wrote:

It's an extremely difficult question. Maybe, just maybe, since Mbappé was clearly a generational talent, I would've paid the wages he was asking for to secure his services. Maybe instead of saving 30m to buy a cheaper CB, I would've given De Ligt a go. Maybe Eriksen is too much of a talented footballer to ignore. Maybe selling Bale and bringing Pepe is not a bad idea. Maybe Ndombélé is extremely talented and the club should try to get him. Maybe trying to sign an extremely inconsistent footballer for exorbitant amount of money is a bad idea? Maybe Mendy can be a good option to replace Marcelo? And maybe, just maybe we would've had far more options hadn't we waited until the very last second to start rebuilding?
Insight signings are always 20/20, so many issues with the names you bring up though
Mbappe: not breaking the wage structure for him after 6 months of performing at Monaco was not a mistake. How do you tell Modric and Ramos in their primes that they won multiple CLs but 18 years old Mbappe who has done nothing will now earn more than them.

De Ligt: same thing, good talent, but we were not looking for a new starting CB. besides, we havent missed out of him lol, Militao is an equally great talent

Eriksen: no one signs Spursy players, unless you want to spend 200 mil, which he is absolutely not worth, whether it's commercially or on the pitch

Pepe: this is his breakout season, not last year. I could say the same about Ndombele and Mendy, they are not generational talent that we missed out on.

this is 20/20 insight lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 05, 2019 7:28 am

On Pogba, i think he is in a bad club situation and his performances are being impacted by that. It has been made way worse by the fact that Mourinho poisoned the season, and he reacted poorly to it. However, having seen the same with Mourinho and our players few years back, i am a bit empathetic to his situation.

He made the wrong career choice in returning to United, call it the pursuit of money, and i think he had a higher than normal opinion about himself and his quality. But it seems to be that he has taken enough Ls to realize he needs to work harder, which he did with France. the risk in signing Pogba is asking that he does what he did with France all year long.

The game in spain would suit him a lot more than it does in england, less frenetic running, more technique and control. I see the risk, but i also see why Zidane would like him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun May 05, 2019 7:52 am

@Freeza
One, Xabi Alonso was a very good footballer and I would not have you make him seem like he was Lucas Vasquez in the midfield good sir. I would not have it I say.
Two, if Pogba looked different? As in, if he weren't black? Is this what you're implying?!

Does De Ligt even want to come to Real Madrid? I feel if it is not Barca, he'll just chill in Amsterdam for the foreseeable future. Militao ain't kick a ball for us yet DoC, don't be so harsh. As for Mbappe, we wanted one thing and he wanted another. It is what it is.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 05, 2019 8:44 am

First off, Xabi Alonso was a very talented footballer and we basically fell apart without him. He had to deal with midfielders like Lass and Khedira around him Laughing He was a critical piece of the team back then.

On Pogba, this attitude thing is completely blown out of the water. It's not an attitude problem. It's an expectation problem. People are looking at this tall, black skinned, 6'3" powerhouse and expecting a Patrick Vieira type player.. But that's not his game. He is a poor tackler and lacks tenacity.

I'm gonna make this clear. Pogba is an advanced midfielder/modern 10. He is the most advanced player in a midfield three.

I'm not sure why people are so frustrated with his performances. He's not a defensive midfielder. He's a player in the mold of Iniesta, David Silva, Isco, De Bruyne, etc. Attacking wise, he is getting choked out and double/triple marked as a midfielder, which normally should be a huge risk for any team to do. But it isn't because besides Shaw, Lindelof, McTominay, and Smalling, (Rashford when hes on form), the rest of the team is just not good enough.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 05, 2019 8:50 am

Who is expecting Pogba to be Viera? Laughing

He is a clown. It's totally an attitude problem.

We saw Pogba play at Juve for 4 years and keep his head straight. We know exactly what kind of player he  can be. At United he has acted like an unprofessional idiot for most of his time.

This excuse about his teammates doesn't fly. We had Pogba dominate Bayern next to Hernanes and Khedira in midfield. His attitude has been atrocious since joining United.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 05, 2019 8:55 am

Khedira and Hernanes, while being decent players, are still much, MUCH better then players like Ashley fucking Young and Fred. Don't even get me started on Lukaku and Matic. We're talking about mid-table/Relegation level players dude. I've watched Man U a number of times this season. Some of the players they have are that bad. It is a shame that a player as good as Pogba has to play with that garbage.

Clown? Show me some proof. Mourinho's time doesn't count.. we all know how much of a piece of shit he is in his third season.

Unprofessional? Again.. Mourinho. Show me proof with Ole as the manager. I'll wait.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun May 05, 2019 9:00 am

I agree with Rincon, as i said above, he made the wrong career choice going to United because they failed to build a quality squad in the past 4 years + his ego shot up through the sky and it did not carry on the pitch.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 05, 2019 9:03 am

We're on the same page then. Going to Man U with Mourinho was the worst decision he could've ever made. He is a cancer with flair players.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 05, 2019 9:04 am

You ask for proof and then disregard his entire time at United except for the last 2 month by saying "it doesn't count"
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun May 05, 2019 9:10 am

But I mean it really doesn't. Mou getting sacked and purposefully downing his tools was all the proof you need to see man. He's a good man but he takes his psychology way too far with the players. It doesn't really work with the younger players because that's not how they get motivated. Players demand more respect.. and rightfully so.

He's become worse and worse as the years have gone by.. three years of him at madrid was enough for me.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 05, 2019 9:15 am

Mourinho is in no way at fault for Pogba acting like a clown and disrespecting his club. He has showed 0 professionalism. We are talking about a 26 year old player that has been playing at top level for years. Personal accountability is a thing here, he behaves like a diva and that's not due to Mou.

If he hopes to have the sort of career he was supposed to have, he needs to make drastic changes in his behavior.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun May 05, 2019 9:49 am

@rincon....  don't need a butthurt Juve fan telling us about Pogba Laughing

And I think people misinterpret his personality.  If he weren't the skin tone that he is, people would say that he's a free spirit and rebel.  But because he's brown, he's disrespectful and a clown.

I've seen it over and over again in many sports and it's not even a conscious reaction by most.  A set of prejudices are used as foundations for forming an opinion... and those prejudices are different for different races, genders, nationalities, etc.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun May 05, 2019 10:11 am

You have prejudices in favor of the french Sports Laughing

This PC crap clouds the analysis as much as any prejudice. There is some truth to it but it runs the risk of being used to ignore actually valid criticism.

Last edited by The Madrid One on Sun May 05, 2019 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next