Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 20 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

+23
farfan
Zees
Nivash
Adit
Clutch
chad4401
halamadrid2
Mamad
Valkyrja
Freeza
rincon
Doc
futbol_bill
titosantill
sportsczy
Hapless_Hans
VanDeezNuts
Mr Nick09
The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 20 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Clutch Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:20 am

What is erikson exactly good at except for ball placement?? Everytime I see him he has a bad game

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 20 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 am

Clutch wrote:What is erikson exactly good at except for ball placement?? Everytime I see him he has a bad game

He doesn't play for us and is a PL based midfielder.

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 am

Zinedine Zidane has been keeping a closer eye on his Real Madrid players than ever before during this international break and one of those to take advantage of the attention is Fede Valverde, who has shone in training

Valverde impressed under Santiago Solari after Julen Lopetegui had spoken highly of him without trusting him to play, and now it's the Frenchman's turn to be impressed by his ability.

Zidane is a fan of the midfielder's strength, dynamism and versatility. He's a player who reminds the coach of Mateo Kovacic, which presents Zidane with the option of calling on a player similar to one he's missing after having in his first spell on the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu bench.

The plan is for Zidane to give Valverde a number of opportunities in the games that remain, with a view to him becoming an important player next season. While he is Uruguayan, his paperwork will allow him to not fill a foreign player position from 2019/20 onwards.

Valverde won't be on the periphery anymore. He will become important, as he seemed to be becoming under Solari. The player's plan, meanwhile, is to sit with the club soon and discuss his role. He wants more minutes and if he feels that Zidane won't provide them then he will look to leave on loan.

There are already six offers on the table for the 20-year-old, with two coming from sizeable LaLiga Santander clubs and the other four from around Europe.

Does this mean we're finally going to see the end of the Overrated Kros ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:39 pm

no chance imo. The issue with our midfield has been Casemiro being injured for long stretches (or plain out of form) and Modric taking half a year to get going.

Kroos cannot function alone. He is reliant on the people around him. Imo, he's critical.

Zidane, imo, is either going to replace one of the 3 existing players with WC players or develop proper depth to account for injury/form or (most likely) both if possible.

No way in a million years he's going to hand the keys to an unproven 20 year old. That's a recipe for disaster. Valverde will get his chances... as a backup. If he excels there for a season, then he'll move up to potentially becoming a regular.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:51 pm

I agree with sports. I see it as all 3 backups have done enough to remain, as backups.I do believe Zidane has seen enough to have faith in them as backups. The changes will be with starters!

I say defense, goal and midfield are fairly well settled, just whether Navas stays or not and who of starter midfielders get replaced.

Real issues are up front. We likely are getting Hazard plus Bale, Mariano gone. Who else comes in, who else might go and who starts are the questions, none of us really know the answers!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:05 pm

Too early for Fede to replace Kroos, Valk; first Fede needs to be given chances, perform well, and gain momentum. I can see Fede and another midfielder (maybe the Ndombele fella who i still have yet to watch) share a lot of minutes with Modric, Kroos, and Casemiro.

If it were up to me i'd let go of Marcelo and Kroos as undisputed starters, and that will prob happen next season.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:51 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Clutch wrote:What is erikson exactly good at except for ball placement?? Everytime I see him he has a bad game

He doesn't play for us and is a PL based midfielder.

I mean obviously he doesn't play for us, I just dont think he'll be worth the money

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:57 pm

Eriksen has been among the elite midfielders for the past couple years. He continues to go under the radar, but Poch has done amazing work with him. Instead of just being a CAM as he was with Ajax, he is an all-round midfielder. A bit of a mix between the player profiles of Modric and Kroos. Can press well with good positioning, amazing passing range, decent mobility- way better that Kroos at least, really good shot/freekick, he is about as close as we are going to get to a complete CM on our budget.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:01 pm

Also @Valk for throwing shade on a player because they play in the EPL (keep in mind there are 4 EPL teams still in the CL, and we got embarrassed by Ajax), while in the same breath hyping up  Fede "hasn't done anything yet" Valverde is laughable.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:17 pm

Valverde wasn't important under Solari though unless the word "important" has a different meaning. Also, I get Clutch's view in watching certain players and thinking "why people want this guy? he is nowhere what people say" but Eriksen honestly is the legit. If we can manage to get Levy to agree to a deal, we'll be getting a fine midfielder.

Which would definitely mean Modric or Kroos would be dropped (Modric being the likely one).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:50 pm

If Eriksen does actually come ffs Proud

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:10 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I agree with sports. I see it as all 3 backups have done enough to remain, as backups.I do believe Zidane has seen enough to have faith in them as backups. The changes will be with starters!

I say defense, goal and midfield are fairly well settled, just whether Navas stays or not and who of starter midfielders get replaced.

Real issues are up front. We likely are getting Hazard plus Bale, Mariano gone. Who else comes in, who else might go and who starts are the questions, none of us really know the answers!

My biggest worry is that we arrogantly expect on of Mane, Mbappe, Neymar, Sane and/or Hazard to come and we don't plan AT ALL for the possibility of none of them coming.  Because, if we're honest, signing any of them is a long shot (some more than others).

I'm paying more attention to the high probability options we should be going after... whether they end up coming for depth or starting.

Imagine losing Bale and Mariano while signing nobody Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:11 pm

Eriksen would be great. On NT, he has a tough time because his team is complete shit on the attack (back me up here Freeza).

At Spurs, he does great. I think he's bored there though.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:25 pm

Freeza wrote:If Eriksen does actually come ffs Proud

To see him get benched while Vasquez and Bale start ever match would be a joy Proud
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:06 pm

sportsczy wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:I agree with sports. I see it as all 3 backups have done enough to remain, as backups.I do believe Zidane has seen enough to have faith in them as backups. The changes will be with starters!

My biggest worry is that we arrogantly expect on of Mane, Mbappe, Neymar, Sane and/or Hazard to come and we don't plan AT ALL for the possibility of none of them coming.  Because, if we're honest, signing any of them is a long shot (some more than others).

I'm paying more attention to the high probability options we should be going after... whether they end up coming for depth or starting.

Imagine losing Bale and Mariano while signing nobody Laughing

Sports, I think you are a little hung up on the past i.e. not signing Pogba and Mbappe. The reality is the judgement at that time was they were not worth what they were demanding. IMO they were right re Pogba and obviously really wrong re Mbappe.

Flo has obviously been sitting back the last two seasons waiting for the over inflated prices to decline or fall back to normal (probably a misread on his part), hoping the FFP would force PSG to release one of the two, waiting to see if any of the kids panned out and playing with budgets to get stadium renovations funding (until new sponsorship deal is in place).

However with Zidane back, it seems as if there is an entirely new attitude. I think (or at least hope) that they will go after (agressively) whoever Zidane says he wants. Also the normal historical protocol is to buy first and sell off the excess later. It does lead to lower values on the sales, but it is more prudent way.

So I being the eternal optimist, expect that the team will drastically be improved this summer. However as I have said many times, it would be foolish of us to assume this transformation into a revised championship team can be accomplished in just one season.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:45 pm

sportsczy wrote:Eriksen would be great.  On NT, he has a tough time because his team is complete shit on the attack (back me up here Freeza).

At Spurs, he does great.  I think he's bored there though.

I won't back you up all the way

His stats on the NT are better than his stats on Tottenham the last two years.

In his last 20 games for Denmark he has 14 goals and 7 assists.

He started off like shit when he debuted in 2010 at 18 years old and wasn't great in general under Olsen. But since summer 2017 he's been incredible and been a top 10 national team player in the world.

I think he would do really well for us as a direct replacement for Modric, as he plays the same role on our NT as Modric does for us.

Last edited by Freeza on Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:46 pm

Doc wrote:

To see him get benched while Vasquez and Bale start ever match would be a joy Proud

Vazquez or Bale as CM?

Would be the death of me for real
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:08 pm

I think we'd be lucky to get Eriksen. I can scarcely think of any other midfielders who would be able to replace Kroos/Modric more ideally than him, considering the current crop of midfielders. He's the beating heart of Tottenham, and he's been fantastic whenever I've watched him play for Denmark in recent time. Players like him and De Bruyne are indispensible. Who else could we bring in, that are supposedly better than them?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:50 pm

Agree with sports, Fede is too young, if anything Llorente proved a more reliable back up last season. I think he should be going on loan at this point to play more.

Of the players we have Kroos is the one that needs to move on because he looks completely cooked physically, unable to cope with the intensity with which midfielders run nowadays. Modric looks fine as long as he can rest.

If as reported the plan is to try to get Eriksen + Ndombele to improve the midfield, that's great.

In attack Hazard + another winger would also be great. I think the club understand that there is no shot at signing Mbappe or Neymar. The strategy with Mbappe is to wait until he runs down his current contract. As for Mane, it's unlikely Liverpool want to sell as well, so yeah hopefully there are secondary targets.

My concern is 0 news about the striker
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 pm

the fantastic thing about psg is, they have the money to offer a mouth watering improved contract renewal even probably 2 years before the contract expires, they're not arsenal or dortmund who wait till a player has only a year left and start crying when a rival comes and poaches them for 24 million or less. i honestly think we've missed the boat on neymar (which was back when he was at santos) and mbappe .

psg will offer double what they're getting in wages (which madrid will not match), and also table a multi-year extension probably next season, and they would be foolish not to sign it. this is the chance for them to build generational wealth. we'll not get them in their primes. so if we are waiting, hoping for them to run down their contract then rofl forget about it

mane is a good player, but i don't think that's enough. considering who we have as rivals. i'm still not a fan of hazard, i haven't been a fan of any player at chelsea over the last 5 or so years, especially after that game they had against barca last season, except willian, who is getting up there in age , so at this time don't want him.

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:58 pm

since we are on the transfer thread, i wanted to ask, what do you guys want to see during our summer transfer window (it doesn't have to be specific players, it can be something as vague as, "i want us to sign a defender or two, or i want us to promote some more players, or spend such and such etc") and how confident are you that the club can achieve such goal?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:04 am

we all know PSG have money, but running down your contract is how as a player you gain leverage over your future. If he intends to stay his whole career at PSG, fine, he can extend. But if he wants to leave, that's the way to go. This is a strategy a lot of players seem to follow nowadays.

wingers/forwards like Mane, Salah, Hazard, etc... are the class behind CR, Messi, then Neymar, Mbappe... if not Mane or hazard then who then tito? who do you think is good enough?

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:22 am

Freeza wrote:
Doc wrote:

Vazquez or Bale as CM?

No even as CM, he is just getting benched while those two pos players start. And imagine @halamadrid2 saying he thinks some Castilla product is much better than Eriksen because of that one CDR 3rd round match.

Proud
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:49 am

i like mane and salah but i doubt we can sign them. i would like to sign mane plus a reasonable striker (20 plus league goals). eriksen is good and all, but i'd like us to address cf and flanks first before we sign midfielders. but i would not be surprised if we bring only hazard and militao in during the summer. the fact we are playing for absolutely nothing right now, means the suspense regarding the summer is kiling me
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:52 am

I am not that worried, Madrid know how to make transfers. The fact that we were bad this season means we will spend, besides, Zidane did not come back without any assurances we will spend to revamp the squad a bit.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:56 am

Doc wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Doc wrote:

Vazquez or Bale as CM?

No even as CM, he is just getting benched while those two pos players start. And imagine @halamadrid2 saying he thinks some Castilla product is much better than Eriksen because of that one CDR 3rd round match.

Proud

Hala will hate Eriksen if we sign him as soon as he finds out he was a Barca fan growing up.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next