sportsczy
VanDeezNuts
Mamad
14 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Real Madrid VS Barcelona - Page 4 Empty Re: Real Madrid VS Barcelona

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:15 pm

a center back has to be a reasonable option based on what we are seeing....and proper wing backs. this defense is atrocious

titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:19 pm

Let's wait and see how Conte organizes us... he resurrected David Luiz lol. I think we'll be fine defensively assuming the hot rumors are true.

Benzema should get himself a good seat cushion for his days on the bench. Conte is a no nonsense type guy. Either you perform or you're out... doesn't matter who it is.

Kind of looking forward to it lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:22 pm

it's gonna be 3 at the back.

Mario Hermoso is going to return from Espanyol, he has been one of the best la liga CB so far. He is a left footed CB that will work well on the left
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:04 pm

Just seen Ramos' post-game interview on Marca. No idea what that dude is trying to say, but clearly he didn't choose his words carefully.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:05 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Just seen Ramos' post-game interview on Marca. No idea what that dude is trying to say, but clearly he didn't choose his words carefully.

Remember how he got along with Mourinho? Expect the same with Conte.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:13 pm

Ramos thinks too much of himself.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:23 pm

well sadly for Ramos he is on the wrong side of his 30's and after giving the team some freedom with Lope, the players disappointed.

If he gets into an argument with Conte, he will be the one losing that fight, and fans wont complain if the team is winning.

He lost the right to talk that way after what we saw in the past 2 months.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:31 pm

So Ramos with the cryptic message about Conte. How long will he last now? 3 months?
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:46 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:So Ramos with the cryptic message about Conte. How long will he last now? 3 months?

It was simply uncalled-for. I'm no fan of Conte, but he literally hasn't done anything to Ramos. Why would you say anything to unsettle the waters between you and a potential candidate for the Madrid job?

Ramos wrote:Conte? Respect is won, it's not imposed. We've won titles, and team management is more important than the knowledge of a coach.

It's like a pea-brained animal marking its territory with urine. What an idiot he can be sometimes.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:49 pm

I've been busy so i haven't been able to "take in" several of our recent matches, having said this, i watched a video analysis on the Madrid situation by Miguel Quintana and according to him, the problem has more to do with aptitude of players and coach than attitude.

Apparently the locker room supported Lopetegui, so i'd think that they followed his wishes, especially considering the relatively "good start." There have to be more nuanced ways of explaining what is happening than saying "players are lazy."

Alot of twitter people are saying "los jugadores le hacieron la cama a Lopetegui," which means the players conspired against Lopetegui, but that sounds like bs. And anyways, Perez should be able to stranglehold players and not let the dressing room take over and self destruct everything.

The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:58 pm

Apart from Marcelo and Courtois, not a single player was playing for Lopetegui in el clasico. It was obvious from the first minute of the match. This guy's job is on the line and Casemiro is casually jogging back to catch up to a wide open Coutinho for their first goal. All the things the players said in the media was BS imo. Either the dressing room is lost, or the players know he is gone and just don't care. Both come to the same conclusion honestly.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 pm

Well, hope you guys didn't do anything foolish after that result, ended up going beach and still argued over why that match (particularly the 1st half) was the worst match I ever saw. Way worse than the 4-0, the 6-2 or the 5-0. Not even gonna count the 5-0 back in the 90s either.

Anyway, I guess we cannot get any lower than this.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:18 pm

ramos is upset, he lost a huge game, we are all upset, i don't think his ire is directed necessarily at conte.......yet. not only did we lose , but the coach could be fired too, a coach who ramos seems to like. guy just blurted out the first thing that probably came to his mind. i'm a bit more surprised that the first thing on his mind wasn't how shambolic and pathetic that defense was, especially from someone who certain madrid fans (as per usual, have jumped the gun) consider a g.o.a.t, in defense

the whole defensive organization was poor, and as garbage as the defensive unit turned out to be individually, i expect more in terms of direction from the skipper
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:22 pm

@doc, its hard to say which was worse....with this one, i tried to psyche myself up that we could win or at least draw if we did the sensible thing and parked the bus. but looking at the team on paper and the past few results, could we really expect much?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:43 pm

It was an awful performance. Imagine if we Messi had played or Dembele wasn't injured.

9-0 could have been possible... we were that far out of our depth other than first 20 mins of the 2nd half.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:47 pm

What a nightmare this season turned to be. but on the other hand we'll have a new start with another coach. looking forward to it.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:52 pm

we don't just need another coach....more importantly, we need players.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:56 pm

Well that can't happen at the moment. and i still think we have a quality team.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:03 pm

We'll see. Conte DEMANDS maximum effort at all times. I don't think Ramos, Marcelo, Benzema and Bale are going to do well under him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:06 pm

titosantill wrote:we don't just need another coach....more importantly, we need players.
oh yeah and badly, I might add.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:13 am

titosantill wrote:we don't just need another coach....more importantly, we need players.

Yeah, I like Flo but he really shat the bed with this transfer policy of his. We didn't even need hindsight to tell this squad was in serious need of revamp.

Also, I actually am old enough to remember the bashing from the 90s, it was pretty bad but this one felt so awful. Like Barcelona could have really beaten us way worse.

Alas, we'll be alright, it's Real Madrid.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:13 pm

I still feel really sad for Lopetequi. I feel it is unfair to him to be accountable for Flo’s inactivity in transfer market as well as the poor play of several players.

However, I agree with Nick that he has to go, the players despite their verbal support for him, are just not responding to him. That second half against Barcelona was one of the worst ever!

I feel this squad is not good enough, at this point, to qualify for CL for next season. The blame lies squarely with Flo. I don’t blame him for not getting that superstar, given what wass available, but he definitely should have spent on a striker plus the 3 bench players that Lopetequi requested; a central, a left lateral and a midfielder. He also is at fault for too many youth, second year in a row were both coaches had no confidence in several of them. He also is responsible for sticking with injury prone players (Bale, Carvajal and Varane) with no suitable backup in place. Mind you there is in the right lateral position, but for some reason, despite Lopetequi selecting Odriozola in place of Carvajal with seleccion, he favoured Nacho and Lucas ahead of him?? That one is on Lopetequi.

And the players are also to blame, specifically Bale, Benz, Modric, Kroos and Marcelo. I would add Isco to the list as well, but it was obvious he was severely affected by appendicitis, and Varane over past couple of weeks, but again obvious that he hasn’t recovered from his injury. And finally Asensio. In his case, he just isn’t ready.

I don’t really favor Conte but he is best available and no doubt he will be fired come next summer. His job will be to try to right this ship and his target will be to get 4th spot in liga.

I used to think that next season would be an insertion of developing youth products and the elusive superstar, but it’s painfully obvious we need a complete make over (or as DoC would say a new president).

futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Varnagel Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:40 pm

Very underwhelming performance from Isco who made countless of mistakes tonight. Gave up the ball, made wrong decisions and killed offensive plays etc. To be honest, I never rated him highly as some people does. Isco is good, but he very rarely is a difference maker when it counts.

Varnagel
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:51 am

Ability-wise, I don't think there's any objecting his quality, but his decision-making often leaves a lot to be desired. The same can be said about Asensio.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:30 pm

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/opinion/2018/10/31/5bd9867a46163f99948b457e.html

Interesting....
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:09 pm

titosantill wrote:https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/opinion/2018/10/31/5bd9867a46163f99948b457e.html

Interesting....

Tito, you should take some pride for that article as it references several of the points you have been making for past couple of years.

I see today that Conte has taken himself out of running, that coupled with his demands and the board’s ugly statement emphasizes Flo only wants a yes man. So I assume we will be stuck with Solari for rest if season. Perhaps finishing out of CL spot and possibly even EL spot will be a good thing!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next