halamadrid2
Mr Nick09
urbaNRoots
42 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sarri Sack Watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Sarri Sack Watch

Post by M99 Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:55 pm

His rigidity is something else. Saw a stat that said he subbed off Kovacic for Barkley and incredible 19 times this season so far. Last year at Napoli, he subbed off Hamsik for Zielinski 19 times too.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:56 pm

I knew he would suck the very moment when Barcaforum declared him the next big managarial thing a year ago because he played a bit of offensive football with Napoli. Did the same with Sampaoli as well a few seasons ago when he had a couple of good months at Sevilla.

Barca fans - the most unknowledgeable fanbase on earth.

De Jong next flop on the list of Barca heroes.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:34 am

Sarri makes Mourinho look adventuresome with his subs and tactics lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:58 am

Never once in my life I've ever watched a Chelsea team so incapable of putting pressure on Man United on their own pitch. It's the stadium where we have the worst record in the last 25 years or so. Chelsea's passing game looked pretty solid most of the time to be fair, but there were two very big problems.

One was the neglected defensive side of the game and the other one and the most important was the exaggerated frustration of the players.

And you could see it easily almost every 2 or 3 minutes in their reactions. Of course the ref took some bad decisions, some pro Chelsea, some pro United, probably a few more pro United. Of course United's players made double the fouls their opponents did, but that's intuitive considering Sarri's approach of fast possession build up. So, they should've been prepared for a tough game, which in the end didn't even really have very harsh duels.

In spite of all these, they should've stayed calm and focused, but everything seemed to come out of desperation. Paradoxically, the players didn't look like they were really trying to run the extra mile in order to compensate a lack of creativity. I really felt that they didn't believe they could turn the game. When there's a problem like this, most of the times it won't work in the end, especially when you face top teams.

Frustration brings anxiety. Anxiety brings fear of failure. If you are afraid of failing, you will then subconsciously protect yourself from being hurt by another failure and thus you won't even try anymore. And then you have too much lateral passes and too few attempts on target. Players avoid taking responsibility and lose their courage, their imagination, their strength.

Many things that have been said here about the club, Abramovich, Sarri and quality of the players are probably true. I also tend to go back to the lack of motivation. I would emphasis this as the main problem.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:00 am

Hope he takes German lessons as soon as he's sacked.
I'd gladly welcome him at Bayern.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:39 am

Don't worry mate you can have your love of life Tüchel when United turn the result around in Paris in a fortnight followed by his imminent sack from PSQ Very Happy
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:34 pm

Unfortunately for us, that will never happen dany. Laughing
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:45 pm

danyjr wrote:Don't worry mate you can have your love of life Tüchel when United turn the result around in Paris in a fortnight followed by his imminent sack from PSQ Very Happy

stop reminding me man. I will never get over how Hoeneß fucked this up
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:05 pm

According to the Guardian, Maurizio Sarri reportedly faces the sack if #ChelseaFC lose to #MCFC in the #EFLCup Final on Sunday
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:14 pm

So basically sacked already
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:43 am

question. how much of the problems associated with the current situation is on the players at chelsea? especially the old guard who have been there when previous coaches were fired for messing up? not to exonerate sarri, but how much responsibility is on the players?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:04 am

Thought this was interesting. So the main problems here are, summarized; (which I agree with)

1. Man-Marking Jorginho. Mou used to do this to busquets back at real, and it had mixed results. Well, in my opinion, I don't think Jorginho is mobile or athletic enough to deal with the man marking. His first touch under pressure is surprisingly poor (led to uniteds goal). I've said it and I'll say it again, I think he is immensely overrated and he has been found out. Busquets could deal with it with his incredible first touch passing and technique.

2. Wingers holding on to the ball too much. This isn't the worst thing in the world. Ideally it's a good thing to have players, especially your wingers take on defenders 1v1. This opens up space for the midfielders and full backs, which brings me to my next issue

3. Chelsea's midfield and fullbacks are just poor offensively. Period. I love Kova but he has poor end product near the goal. Kante as well. Both of these players are naturally defensive minded midfielders.
Don't get me started on Alonso and Azpi. They are Chelseas biggest problems in attack.

4. Chelsea's players aren't all suited for pressing and leave gaps in between the lines. It's just not their game.

Solution in my opinion would be a 4-2-3-1.

Kepa
Azpi-Christensen-rudiger-alonso
Kante-Kovacic
Pedro/CHO-?-Hazard
Higuain

This offers defensive solidity while placing more burden on the attack to produce something. It doesn't offer the fludity of the 4-3-3 but at least they wont be conceding 4-5 goals a game against big teams. RLC or Willian would probably be the best options at 10. Maybe even Barkley, since that is his natural position IMO
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:08 pm

He plays 3 guys out of position to accommodate 1.... and that 1 isn't even a WC player by any stretch while 2 of the other 3 (Hazard and Kante) are.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:22 am

Is it true Jorginho makes a million passes but has no assists?
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:26 am

don expect the player playing in front of the defense to make assist lol, this is the last thing he would deserve criticism for lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:09 am

I don't see the rationalization of wanting to bench Jorginho, the fact every team focuses on him and find it key to stopping Chelsea just shows how important he is. If you bench him you make the job easier for the opposition, now you don't have to worry about him.

Neither Kante or Kovacic are anywhere near Jorginho ability to distribute and be key to our build up. That is Jorginho role and he does that fantastically imo, he is not the issue. There is limitation on our buildup, and that is largely created by two non attacking FB. Azpi lacks the technical ability, while Alonso lacks the physical quality.

Kante position is a dilemma, the media are very mistaken about what Kante is. They think Kante is a DM, but he has never been that and when Conte played him in that role he struggled. He is a B2B, and that always been his best position though out his career.

Truth to be told, there is not role for Kante in this system and a team that are dominating possession that uses him optimally. If you play him as a holding midfielder, you forgo his running ability and drive with the ball. In his current role he is not as influential defensively.  He is a pivot player, and in that role you optimally use him.

I personally would prefer Kante deeper, and free up Jorginho a bit higher. Ultimately the reasoning for that is that PL teams are much more optimistic on the counter, and prefer your midfielder with best defensive quality to play deeper. Like i said neither role really suits him, but given the choice i would go in that direction.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:34 am

I feel like you are contradicting yourself a bit. So if you are a clever manager like Sarri, knowing your fullback are offensively limited (which by the way would not have been said about Alonso 2 years ago), then why do you play route 1 football through Jorginho only? This is where Sarri also deserves criticism, not adapting to his squad but forcing his method. classic argument of philosophy vs pragmatism.

The problem with Kante is having this superb midfielder, who has matured into a dominant defensive b2b player in EPL, try to do something else playing almost as attacking an midfielder.

In theory, chelsea lacking an actual attacking center midfield is what is sinking them. your other midfield alternatives are so incompetent that Kante playing further up the pitch becomes an attractive solution, it's crazy. Maybe it's naive, but thinking back at Napoli, Kante should thrive in a similar role as Allan, who was the more conservative of the mezzalas, supporting Jorginho defensively, while they had Hamsik running up the pitch attacking on the other side. who can do that at Chelsea? none of the scrubs, so it casts an even darker light on Kante's position.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:45 am

Biggest problem with Jorginho is that he can't defend and the CBs behind him aren't exactly world class.  The middle of the pitch is completely vulnerable defensively for Chelsea. On the attack... now width and no threat from the CM position.

It's not like Jorginho is in his early 20s and you want to develop him either.  He's in his late 20s.  This is what he is and it's not going to change.

In any case, Sarri is gone sooner or later this season.  This will all be moot quickly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:42 pm

Sarri to Roma, please
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:45 pm

Ideologues need 2 years+ to get themselves going...  but the problem is that they still need to get results in their first year with elite clubs.  That's the rub.  

If I'm an ideologue, I don't go to a team where the players don't fit immediately.  It's suicidal.

I watched Napoli with Sarri and I enjoyed them. I criticize Sarri a lot... but when he gets the players to run his system properly, It's a joy to watch. I just don't like stupid stubbornness. It's professional negligence to me.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:52 pm

sportsczy wrote:He plays 3 guys out of position to accommodate 1.... and that 1 isn't even a WC player by any stretch while 2 of the other 3 (Hazard and Kante) are.

Where is he playing Hazard? Isn't it the same position that Insigne played?
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:55 pm

sportsczy wrote:Ideologues need 2 years+ to get themselves going...  but the problem is that they still need to get results in their first year with elite clubs.  That's the rub.  

If I'm an ideologue, I don't go to a team where the players don't fit immediately.  It's suicidal.

I watched Napoli with Sarri and I enjoyed them. I criticize Sarri a lot... but when he gets the players to run his system properly, It's a joy to watch. I just don't like stupid stubbornness. It's professional negligence to me.

My understanding is that all he needs to do this year is to qualify for UCL. He obviously thought he could do it and probably would have done it (still could) if Chelsea wouldn't be such a dumpster fire of a club.
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 20, 2019 11:40 pm

Di Marzio reports he will be sacked and replaced by Lampard

Juventus are very interested in signing him
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 20, 2019 11:42 pm

This is interesting

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue May 21, 2019 12:03 am

Club is in shambles, man you are just setting Lampard up for failure. Best player is leaving, weakest squad in recent memory, and the club is facing a transfer ban.

Also two of the brightest spot this season were CHO and RLC, especially RLC he completed our midfield and he was on his way to be a force. Both of them are out with raptured Achilles, just cruel for him to get injured in a meaningless friendly game in the US.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue May 21, 2019 2:43 am

On the other hand, expectation will be low and it will guarantee that Lampard has a season with minimal criticism and a chance to build something with us.

All moves can backfire, such as Sarri but that does not mean Lampard will fail.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next