Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 19 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

+30
FennecFox7
chad4401
Luca
Makaveli
Adit
Zees
NeganIsco
Jack Daniels
Clutch
Freeza
Vibe
Ankur Upadhyay
Thimmy
Perucho21
Cyborg
futbol_bill
S
phenom
guest7
Valkyrja
titosantill
Turok_TTZ
sportsczy
VanDeezNuts
The Madrid One
halamadrid2
Hapless_Hans
The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Mr Nick09
34 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by guest7 Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:06 pm

I will eat a hot dog on camera if we sign Thiago

He is a La Masia product, it should matter to him

guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:43 pm

It's 2018 and people still care about these stuff
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:21 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:It's 2018 and people still care about these stuff

It's not a matter of selling your soul, your honor, or your dignity.

It's about his favorite club + being thankful to those who helped you along the way.

La Masia taught him football, he should care

I hope he doesn't care tho
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:39 pm

It should matter but it won't. He's 27 and football is his livelihood. If Bayern are selling to Madrid and Madrid match his offers, he'll go there. La Masia or not.

Though I like that Madrid and Barcelona still have an actual rivalry where players from both teams tend to not want to go there. Maybe Thiago falls under that but I never have gotten that impression he drank the Kool Aid.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:44 pm

why are you punks even entertaining thiago? he aint good enough, nvm the injury record.

It seems Modric is staying according to MARCA, so its all moot.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:14 pm

Imagine reading things like "Thiago is not good enough" on a football forum in 2018. And you know it's not a joke or a troll lol, gtdo
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:15 pm

He would be replacing Modric - a midfield general and the best in the world in his position. Of course he's not good enough lol.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:18 pm

Thiago is not good enough to play for Madrid? Ok, I don't think we need to debate this
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:20 pm

I never said that. I said he's not as good as Modric, which literally means he would be a step-down from the Croatian maestro.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:25 pm

While Thiago would be a fantastic replacement, in my opinion, there's literally no other midfielder who can match up to Modric's quality, to be fair. He improved by heaps and bounds since his transfer from Tottenham, and he's been absolutely instrumental to our success in recent time. The football we played in the league under Ancelotti after he got injured, is some of the worst I've seen from this club. That was largely due to Bale being consistently poor, but also because the rest of the team looked clueless and incredibly incohesive without him in it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:59 pm

"Not good enough to replace Modric" is a line that can be used for any midfielder out here. In any case, Thiago is more than good enough for Madrid, come on guys, let's not get too over the top now.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:24 am

The issue with Thiago isn't ability, it's his ability to stay fit. He missed most of last season, and I would not be about to bet one of our best players (Modric) on Thiago staying fit.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:33 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Imagine reading things like "Thiago is not good enough" on a football forum in 2018. And you know it's not a joke or a troll lol, gtdo
Are you seriously rating a player who's got bale beat in spending time off the pitch? we can afford an attacker with injury issues. but a midfielder? absolutely not. midfield is the most important part of the pitch.

Besides, of all the positions in Real Madrid, Midfield is of least concern even IF modric leaves. we're quite stacked and I rather use what we already have. in any case, Bayern would be fools to sell him and I really can't imagine that fool would jump at the chance of playing for us considering his roots. You cannot take out Barca DNA out of a former La Masia product.

Our concern should be in attack of all places where we are lacking depth and one injury away from being almost toothless on the frontlines. Bale seriously needs a backup as does Benz.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:33 pm

I read a theory in El Confidencial yesterday or day before.

They say Perez is proposing a pause in the market until after the EPL deadline. The theory is that he has found the market ridiculously inflated specifically in regards to strikers / forwards, and that this inflation is really caused by the English clubs and PSG. They say, prices may decline somewhat after the EPL deadline, and if so he will then make a determination as to what may be available and what cost!

In the interim, he is still prepared to take Courtois, if that deal happens, replace Kovacic if he goes, replace Theo if his loan deal goes through. Other than those, it’s possible we just wait to see if youth movement works out!

What’s the opinion here re this theory?
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:52 pm

Or maybe clubs don't wanna sell their starting CFs so easily. Or at all. How is Inter gonna replace Icardi's goals, or Tottenham is gonna replace Kane's goals? PSG is fine without Cavani but they know they have a WC CF so they are gonna sell according to what they have.

Lewa is contracted to Bayern so you can literally forget about trying to negotiate with them. They set a price and that's it. That's why Owen Hargreaves left the way he did. And Kroos. And Ballack. Unless they don't want you anymore, you're gonna stay there till the price they set are met.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:21 pm

futbol_bill wrote:I read a theory in El Confidencial yesterday or day before.

They say Perez is proposing a pause in the market until after the EPL deadline. The theory is that he has found the market ridiculously inflated specifically in regards to strikers / forwards, and that this inflation is really caused by the English clubs and PSG. They say, prices may decline somewhat after the EPL deadline, and if so he will then make a determination as to what may be available and what cost!

In the interim, he is still prepared to take Courtois, if that deal happens, replace Kovacic if he goes, replace Theo if his loan deal goes through. Other than those, it’s possible we just wait to see if youth movement works out!

Ridiculous theory. That's what I think.

I fear Florentino is no longer fit to run this club. This village club mentality which he seems to have in abundance now should not come anywhere near Madrid.

What he has been doing lately is very reminiscent of Berlusconi's Milan (selling his best player without adequate replacement, being content with mediocre players to lead the forward line and not buying world class talent to give them the torch when the old ones step aside).

2009 Florentino would obliterate the current forward line into nothingness and spend a quarter of a billion to replace them. No ambitious club would be content with Benzema as their main man. No ambitious club would go into the season thinking that Bale would stay fit long enough to make an impact. No ambitious club would let anybody sign their best player, much less a European rival.

The more I think about it, the more my blood boils. This is no way to run a club of this magnitude.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:00 pm

Convince me that isn’t a parody account
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:14 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
futbol_bill wrote:I read a theory in El Confidencial yesterday or day before.

Ridiculous theory. That's what I think.

I fear Florentino is no longer fit to run this club. This village club mentality which he seems to have in abundance now should not come anywhere near Madrid.

What he has been doing lately is very reminiscent of Berlusconi's Milan (selling his best player without adequate replacement, being content with mediocre players to lead the forward line and not buying world class talent to give them the torch when the old ones step aside).

2009 Florentino would obliterate the current forward line into nothingness and spend a quarter of a billion to replace them. No ambitious club would be content with Benzema as their main man. No ambitious club would go into the season thinking that Bale would stay fit long enough to make an impact. No ambitious club would let anybody sign their best player, much less a European rival.

The more I think about it, the more my blood boils. This is no way to run a club of this magnitude.

The Florentino of now is much smarter than the Florentino of 2009 and we have been the best run club in the world for years. I'm glad he looks past the likes of you who can't see the broader picture
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:23 pm

Yeah don't you hate it when you can't see the broader picture? It sucks, doesn't it? Believe me there are people out there who think Vallejo is talented.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:38 pm

It's not about Vallejo, it's about the fact that this is a transitional year which can be afforded after the last crazy seasons. Build a new team, enter the transfer market in 2019 and fight again for all trophies in 2019/20
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:42 pm

"Transitional year" term sucks. We have too much talent and history to not fight for everything in our current context. We are doing good atm, just need one more forward/striker that can be a real alternative to Benzema, even if said player is low profile. Modric should stay for sake of stability and bring in a good Left Back alternative for Marcelo.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:54 pm

Valkyrja wrote:It's not about Vallejo, it's about the fact that this is a transitional year which can be afforded after the last crazy seasons. Build a new team, enter the transfer market in 2019 and fight again for all trophies in 2019/20

Seriously, what the hell are you talking about? Why does it have to be a transitional year when your defense and midfield are world class?

Do you see why I'm so upset? The only glaring weakness we have is our attack . That's the only thing that's refraining us from being an extremely competitive team and gunning for all the titles available.

You speak of transitional year when your entire team needs a reshuffle and building from the ground-up. But in our case, we're one or two players away from being a near-perfect team. There's no excuse to end up trophyless, and no excuse for going into the season relying solely on Bale and Benzema for goals.

I hope I have made myself pretty clear now.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:59 pm

No such thing as a transitional year in Madrid (as much as I think they should). Lope's team is expected to win regardless of what he has to work with, to which, is a fine group of footballers so let's not talk about terms that don't exist in this club.

As if Flo is talking about transitional lol. That man would throw Lope under all the buses if his team is out of the title race by December or struggling in Europe.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:13 pm

But that would be unbelievably unfair, Doc. Firing Lopetegui for not winning much with Benzema and Bale is like beheading your war general for not winning a nuclear war with sticks and stones.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:34 pm

There is no transition year allowed in Madrid . If you don't win a trophy you are fired, no questions asked. Some body will go under the bus that is sure.

We are totally being idiots by not improving our attack. That is basically the only area which needs reinforcement.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:43 pm

It's not like Asensio, Isco, Bale, Benzema and Vasquez is the worst attacking side you've ever seen lol.  Especially with the best midfield in the world behind them and Marcelo/Carvajal bombing down as well.

It will come down to motivation mostly.  We only cared about CL last season.  This style of football will get you caught out in cup play... I don't see us winning CL this season.  So I hope for the managers sake that the players concentrate on the La Liga games.  

I don't like the fact that our staff are mostly youth team coaches... that's not going to work.  I was hoping for a seasoned top flight bench coach to help out.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next