BarcaLearning
Hapless_Hans
Nishankly
Jay29
55 posters

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

Who will reach the final?

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 2 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 11 ]
WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 2 Vote_lcap54%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 2 Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 24

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 2 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by S Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:46 pm

The Colombia game went exactly as I predicted though. Without James, England had the edge and you did edge them in the end. I still rate Colombia as a good team. It was the first big (mental) hurdle for England to cross and they managed it in the end hence why I think they've gotten this far and may possibly make the final.

Last edited by S on Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 2 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:46 pm

juvealbanian wrote:
Cruijf wrote:
juvealbanian wrote:It should be quite easy for Croatia tbh.
Their midfield is superior while England's defense will just be too easy for Mandzukic & Rebic. Pjaca should start instead of Perisic who seems on bad form.

The only thing that could add a little hope to England is that Croatia wasted a lot of energies vs. Russia and they suffered some injuries (Subasic, Vrsajlko etc)

Wouldn't say it'll be quite easy lmao, you're overrating Croatia. Let's not forget they got to the semis because of two penalty shootouts against average teams. Reeks of Portugal's Euro run.

Having said that England are pretty bad as well so I'd say it's 50/50

They will also heavliy depend on Kane again.

This is funny considering Croatia rely on Modric 100x more than we do on Kane.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:48 pm

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 2 VvzyKGR

disturbing stats : since Spain 82 at least one Inter player has played WC final. And Croatia have Brozovic and Perisic ( nor France neither Belgium...)

Reality : For me England 55 % , Croatia 45 %.
Yes, I don't think England could pretend better from this matchday.
Great victory against Sweden + Croatia to face a Russian battle.
It's important to understand if Vrsaljko will be fit for next match.
defence is their main weakness and he is the only one to give stability, both defending and attacking.
We know Lovren and Vida but then what about that   scrub named Pasavic who was going to bottle it with that handball lol
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:50 pm

You've still got time to sign Ashley Young to replace Nagatomo (:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:52 pm

Very disturbing facts. Almost as disturbing as Juve having the biggest no. of players on World Cups & most players winning it. Almost...
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:54 pm

Obsessed.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:56 pm

I'm just adding up to your facts you peasant.

Meaning it could be a France vs. Croatia final (Matuidi & Mandzo)
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:People tend to overrate the teams we face in this tournament so i'm not surprised really.

You would think Colombia were Brazil 1982 the way people were going on before we played them and now it was an easy game (:

Still trying to create this fake narrative Laughing

The poll was 50/50. More poster said England or football is coming home, most others said it will he a close game. You are the one not taking anything but "England all the way". Guess what you tied 1-1, only scored through a penalty, and were down at the 3rd pk. Doesn't get any closer than that Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:06 pm

Don't care about the Poll tbh.

People posting in that thread were far more in the Colombia camp, also despite the fact i clearly said on multiple times that i wouldn't be surprised if Colombia won i was just criticising the hype based on one game you still are painting this picture i thought we'd win easily. Laughing

So congrats on that i suppose.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:07 pm

Can an England fan explain why Sterling continues to get so much playing time with Rashford on the bench? I can understand having faith in a player, but I've watched all the England matches and Sterling looks so unconvincing (particularly in the most recent 2 matches).

Am I off base?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:08 pm

Croatia looked completely done by the end of this game. The two ET matches in a row look plus 1 day less of rest. England have a top chance to go the final.

Their defense can't keep England out unless their intensity is at max the whole game and at this point they are probably incapable of it. More so if Vrsaljko doesn't make it.

Also, Perisic has been such a scrub in fromt of goal this whole tournament.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:09 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:Can an England fan explain why Sterling continues to get so much playing time with Rashford on the bench? I can understand having faith in a player, but I've watched all the England matches and Sterling looks so unconvincing (particularly in the most recent 2 matches).

Am I off base?

His link up play, hold up play and movement is far superior to any other alternative.

Our build up play goes to absolute shit when ever he's not on the pitch, his lack of composure in the box so far is very frustrating but we struggle to build attacks without him.

I don't get why people criticise him tbh(outside the obvious finishing issue), Lingard has been far worse and nobody seems to mention it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:11 pm

Peasant said by an albanian lol

Anyway the most relevant thing about Croatia is that they can score with so many players. I believe they are the NT with more scorers in WC , aren't they ?

Modric, Rebic, Rakitic, Badelj , Perisic, Mandzukic, Kramaric, Vida

8 different players. For me it explains more than anything as they are a squad.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:15 pm

Sterling is important because he disrupts the opposition's shape by varying his movement. He can drop short or wide during the build-up phase and then spin in behind during counter-attacks. Bar his end product, he's done his job well.

Rashford is a different type of forward. His movement is more like a 9's, and his strengths are carrying the ball and taking players on. He had his audition, if you will, against Belgium and failed to vary his movement when played next to Vardy (they both kept trying to run in behind, isolating themselves), but has looked good as a sub against tiring defences.

Hence, Sterling continues to start even though his end product has been wanting. He just fits what we need more right now.

If we find a more creative midfield from somewhere, then I think we can start looking at fielding a second striker.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:17 pm

I'd add that Rashford is every bit as wasteful in front of goal as any Man Yoo fan will attest to.

The only player we have who isn't is Vardy and we simply can't play him and Kane together.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:18 pm

rincon wrote:Croatia looked completely done by the end of this game. The two ET matches in a row look plus 1 day less of rest. England have a top chance to go the final.

Their defense can't keep England out unless their intensity is at max the whole game and at this point they are probably incapable of it. More so if Vrsaljko doesn't make it.

Also, Perisic has been such a scrub in fromt of goal this whole tournament.

Been so also in 2nd half of season under Inter . Not surprised about it, it is the Perisic of last months. But I don't think Pjaca is fit for being starter.

Anyway I 'd never take him away from pitch , especially if extra-time are close, as Croatia coach does. Even during similar matches.  Because even if he is not giving you that quality needed  he is incredibly hard-wearing, he 's always that that gets tired later than others . Nonsense replacing him   for extra-time.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:20 pm

IMO the system is working fine. Sterling is a necessary evil. What he offers is something no one else does and we need that. Also he might be wasteful but he does know how to score. It's mostly a matter of confidence with him. He'd be one of the last players I would drop.

Keep things as they are. These players know each other really well and there is chemistry forming with them.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:45 pm

Robespierre wrote:Peasant said by an albanian lol

You just proved what I said even more.

Why do you have to bring up my origin? I never mentioned yours.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:50 pm

juvealbanian wrote:

Well, your nation is relevant here, since the only thing Albanian's are know for in the sport is their fans starting fights hmm

Nothing says peasant as well as that.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:55 pm

Freeza wrote:
juvealbanian wrote:

Well, your nation is relevant here, since the only thing Albanian's are know for in the sport is their fans starting fights hmm

Nothing says peasant as well as that.

And when did this all begin? How come we are known for starting fights in the sport?
I don't remember any internationally so far and I doubt football inside Albania has so much exposure.
Not that I care what GL knows my contry for tbh. Especially robes lol
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:14 am

agree about the sterling and rashford stuff

wish sterling was more clinical would fancy our chances so much more ffs

as for the tie..neither team should fear each other, it's a toss up for me and for that reason all the more interesting
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:44 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:People tend to overrate the teams we face in this tournament so i'm not surprised really.

You would think Colombia were Brazil 1982 the way people were going on before we played them and now it was an easy game (:

Like i said i wouldn't be surprised if they beat us but once again they are being overrated because of the idea of Modric on paper, when their performances haven't come close to actually showing why they are worthy of what people think they are.

Colombia were without James and England only won on penalty kicks.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:34 am

I don't think Croatia or England can come into this game talking about the teams they've faced being better.

Croatia had it difficult with two PTB teams. Russia was doping and Denmark were unbeaten in 17. They went through on penalties both times so they've definitely had some luck.

England faced a tough Colombia, without James, and went through on penalties. They dispatched of Sweden well though.

It will be an even game I think. Can't predict for the life of me. Will be really happy no matter who wins though and I hope whoever wins this tie BRINGS FOOTBALL HOME. LETS GO ENGLAND
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:57 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:Can an England fan explain why Sterling continues to get so much playing time with Rashford on the bench? I can understand having faith in a player, but I've watched all the England matches and Sterling looks so unconvincing (particularly in the most recent 2 matches).

Am I off base?

His link up play, hold up play and movement is far superior to any other alternative.

Our build up play goes to absolute shit when ever he's not on the pitch, his lack of composure in the box so far is very frustrating but we struggle to build attacks without him.

I don't get why people criticise him tbh(outside the obvious finishing issue), Lingard has been far worse and nobody seems to mention it.

I can see that- along with the other responses about Sterling, I might just be focusing on the final effort part of England's game, watching him be wasteful/ or losing the ball in vital areas has been hard to watch in the WC so far.

Anyway I'll be rooting for England, so I hope Southgate can continue doing whatever he is doing.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:36 am

Honestly the narrative of " Easy win for Croatia " etc is because everyone thinks to their midfield, because Modric is top 5 best players in the world and they've also Rakitic. ..
But about the rest ?     I mean, I  think England defence and England attack are better than Croatia , aren't they ?.

England NT is passed from being an overrated NT to being underrated ffs Laughing

Besides Croatia physically looks like dead, some players reached 120 almost for miracle , while England run much.

For me it won't be an amusing match ( on the other hand they never were so far, let alone for a semifinal .. )  but I expect it as very balanced challenge because they are squads first of all , England have been solid so far and Croatia - even though - they don't impress , they can score in every moment with different players ( 8 so far , as I wrote it)
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:22 am

Not necessarily Robes.  In terms of talent, Mandzu, Perisic, Rebic and Kramaric is more talented than Kane, Sterling and Lingard.  Far far more technical even with Mandzu there. Defense is about even... they're both very average.  Midfield belongs to Croatia.

So far, England hasn't played anything near a good midfield to expose them there.  Belgium's midfield is crap.  Colombia lost its edge there with James injured.  I get the feeling that England's team will be cut in half because the middle of the park will belong to Croatia.

But it also depends if Croatia decide they want to play.  They can sleep walk through games.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next