BarcaLearning
Hapless_Hans
Nishankly
Jay29
55 posters

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Go down

Who will reach the final?

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 5 Vote_lcap46%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 5 Voting_bar 46% 
[ 11 ]
WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 5 Vote_lcap54%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 5 Voting_bar 54% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 24

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 5 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:48 pm

Neuer was clearly the best GK in 2014... come off it dude. Not only was he dominating as a traditional keeper; he played as a 3rd CB basically behind Hummels and Boateng.

It was a dominant performance that got rid of any doubt who the best keeper in the world was.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia - Page 5 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | England vs Croatia

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:55 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
sportsczy wrote:The best player on the winning team gets the golden ball.  It's that simple other than the disgraceful vote in the last WC for Messi...

That's not true, a quick research of the winners will tell you that hmm

It used to be. But for some reason, media has gone haywire with the vote. Kahn should not have gotten it over Ronaldo. With all due respect to everyone else, Buffon should have won it in 2006. Villa, Iniesta or Xavi in 2010. Neuer in 2014.

All these awards are shams and have been since 2000.

Again incorrect.

1938, 1950, 1954. 1974, 1990 and 1998 all years before the 2000s since it became a sham where the winners of golden ball went to a player who didn't win the WC.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Forlan winning it in 2010 was legit. I got no problems with that.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:09 pm

S wrote:Forlan winning it in 2010 was legit. I got no problems with that.

Agreed.

I think they hesitated on making Ronaldo a two in a row G Ball winner...also why they retroactively gave it to Didi in 58 instead of Pele (Golden Ball did not exist back then).

Also come of it Buffon for 2006 Golden Ball Laughing It was between Zidane and Cannavaro. I felt Cannavaro deserved it because he did not get sent off in the final but once again I feel FIFA gave it to Zizou because they felt he had to have one in his cabinet for 98 and 06.

Messi's one was a farce.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:18 pm

S wrote:Forlan winning it in 2010 was legit. I got no problems with that.

I don't either tbh, I'm just saying it's a myth that it always goes to someone playing for a winner.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Ognjen Vukojevic has been sacked by the Croatian Football Federation for publishing a politically-charged video on social media following the penalty shootout win over Russia, just days before the World Cup semi-final against England.

Former Croatia international Vukojevic, who had been working as a coaching assistant, recorded a video with defender Domagoj Vida after the game in which both men dedicated the Croatia’s victory to Ukraine – a clear reference to the country’s long-running political conflict with Russia that centres on the disputed territory of Crimea.

In a video posted to Facebook and subsequently uploaded to YouTube, Vida shouted “Glory to Ukraine!”, a chant widely used during the 2014 revolution that drove Ukraine’s pro-Moscow president Viktor Yanukovych from power and since adopted by Ukrainian ultra-nationalists, while Vukojevic added: “This victory is for Dynamo [Kiev] and Ukraine.”
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:12 pm

Iniesta not winning was the biggest fraud back then and I don't even like Iniesta but one has to respect his talent and what he achieved back then in that tournament.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:16 pm

Babun wrote:Iniesta not winning was the biggest fraud back then and I don't even like Iniesta but one has to respect his talent and what he achieved back then in that tournament.
why dont you like iniesta. what did he ever do to you.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:19 pm

Babun wrote:Iniesta not winning was the biggest fraud back then and I don't even like Iniesta but one has to respect his talent and what he achieved back then in that tournament.

I've always disagreed with this tbh, didn't think Iniesta was that great in that tournament and him scoring in the final always disguised that IMO.

Xavi was always the best Spanish player of that tournament IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:24 pm

I've always disagreed with this tbh, didn't think Iniesta was that great in that tournament and him scoring in the final always disguised that IMO.

Not in 2010, Xavi has been the most important player and the architect in all 3 tournaments but in that year they wouldn't have won it without Iniesta. He was making things happen in final third.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by GRude Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:40 am

England isn't even playing today, 5 pages deep. Couldn't even find the France - Belgium thread Laughing no nation has ever lived in so many third world peasants heads rent free Cool

-25% hate speech
GRude
GRude
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:01 am

Controversial hot take here, but I don't think Xavi was THAT great in 2010 relative to his Barça performances Laughing something was a bit off with him that WC.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:26 pm

GRude wrote:England isn't even playing today, 5 pages deep. Couldn't even find the France - Belgium thread Laughing no nation has ever lived in so many third world peasants heads rent free Cool
 My mum runs an Italian restauraunt and all the bitter wops are rooting against England. Funniest thing is it mostly comes from irrelevant countries we have no sporting or otherwise rivalry with. Neutral Laughing

It's hilarious, you would think we've won 10 WCs in a row with how much jealousy and hatred these people are spewing.

Sad!
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:01 pm

Maybe because you're mostly arrogant cucks and GRude is a perfect example of that.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:04 pm

Xavi was amazing in 2010, even relative to his Barca performances
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:07 pm

'arrogant cucks' ?
Now I've heard it all.

:facepalm:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:08 pm

We aren't though, you assume that because of how we are portrayed in the media.

Most English people are the opposite of arrogant lol. Hell there's people on here who are lot more arrogant with regards to their country than any English poster on here.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:08 pm

An english forum with most number of posters from England who talk more than this match and not France - Belgium (2 French posters, 0 from Bruxelles ). Weird
Are you italian though?  hmm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:We aren't though, you assume that because of how we are portrayed in the media.

Most English people are the opposite of arrogant lol. Hell there's people on here who are lot more arrogant with regards to their country than any English poster on here.

I agree, even said to ES when he talked about "best country because of best people" that it seems confirmed from English community here

Last edited by Robespierre on Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:15 pm

It seems this world cup is bringing the worst out of everybody

Some serious tension around here
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:41 pm

S wrote:It seems this world cup is bringing the worst out of everybody

Some serious tension around here

And that is the beauty of the World Cup Proud
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:47 pm

CBarca wrote:Xavi was amazing in 2010, even relative to his Barca performances

He did everything right and was the engine of a world-cup winning team, but for some reason, I don't remember it as a transcendent performance hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Get this dub Croatia, Colombia should be the team you beat not England Sad
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:29 pm

i personally do not like arrogant cuck.

hope croatia wins.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:15 pm

People still hating on England I see.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:39 pm

Actually weird to see so much Anti-English rhetoric. No one in England has ever believed for a second we were even a top 10 country going to the world cup. Everyone just wanted our team to do us proud. Do better than the last few tournaments. Play with pride and without any controversy. This world cup even managed to unite everyone over here. The mood has never been this great. People going to work  all excited. Talks of football everywhere. People showing interest in players and teams from all over the world and even those who have never been interested in football are being drawn into the tournament. There is an unprecedented buzz this time in England which has never been there in the past maybe since the 90s. And it's not just because we have made it to the semi finals but because of the way we have made it. A decent manager who has shown nothing but humility. Set of players who have not been involved in any controversy off the field. A united dressing room and a united fan base. This is unlike what we have had in the last 2 decades.

But once again, no one here has shown 'arrogance'. If you think people quietly contemplating "what if this is our year?" is arrogance then you need to re-think. If you think people singing 'it's coming home' is showing arrogance when it's purely satirical and harmless banter then, please, think again. It really baffles me as why people are so desperate to see England lose? I mean we always lose anyways? Is it because your country let you down that you have to start hoping for a country that has absolutely nothing to do with you to fail too? It's weird.

whatever happens from here. This has been one of our best tournaments. Something that has restored pride and has given us a dream of a bright future. It's not the end from here for these set of players. But a new start. Next target is to perform well at the Euros2020 and then WC 22.

I hope we continue to play as well as we have so far with the same determination and purpose. If people want us to lose then sure go ahead. That isn't going to change anything. If people want to cheer for England then you are always welcome to do so as we are a welcoming nation.

Fully behind Southgate and the lads tomorrow. It's coming home.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:50 pm

RG dropping dem truth bombs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next