Art Morte
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
S
43 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Who will go through

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 7 Vote_lcap47%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 7 Voting_bar 47% 
[ 7 ]
WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 7 Vote_lcap53%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 7 Voting_bar 53% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 15

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 7 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:03 pm

As a side note, between Madrid and France, I'm very tired of CFs that can't score and "work hard for the team"....

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 7 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:06 pm

Clutch wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Today Dembele worst player on pitch
I don't know if it was because of system , because of France midfield... how has been him this year ?
I ask because we are linked to him
Still good or declined ? @CBarca
did he even play today?

of course I talk about Moussa Dembele , Tottenham player
Been terrible today
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:15 pm

Martinez was awful today, really bad decisions. Playing Dembele when you don't need an extra man in the midfield with Witsel and Fellaini already in there, it was too much people occupying the midfield everyone seemed confused. Playing De Bruyne and Hazard out of position as well, yes Hazard is a winger but a winger that likes to cut inside but today he had to play much closer to the touchline because no one was offering him width on the left side, they needed a wide player in that left side instead of Dembele who is a central player and offered nothing in this match that Belgium already don't have. He should've started Carrasco there instead. Losing Meunier for this match was a big blow, and also not calling a proper back up player for a wide position that Meunier plays.

Matuidi was immense in this match, amazing performance by him and Kante as well. I think Kante, Matuidi and Griezmann are the most important players in this France team. Griezmann is really great in his new midfield role, it would be interesting if Simeone tried something similiar in Atletico. Mbappe again did almost nothing except that backheel and time wasting Laughing he had a few situations but that's when Belgium went all out attack. I think Mbappe will be one of the best players in the world in the future, but in this WC he became overrated because of that one display against an amateur Argentina team.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:16 pm

sportsczy wrote:
BusterLfc wrote:People are underrating Giroud just because he doesn't score, but his overall play besides scoring has been great this WC. Also the amount of defensive work he does is unreal which is crucial in this world cup.

That's not enough.

That said, we didn't have a CF in 1998 either when we won the WC.   So it's not a new thing for us.  I'm just angry that Lacazette isn't on the squad.  We have no other option than Giroud.

Yes but if you win the WC no one will care if Giroud scored or not. I agree though that Lacazette should've been called up to have another option, it's really strange he didn't get called up

Last edited by BusterLfc on Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
BusterLfc wrote:People are underrating Giroud just because he doesn't score, but his overall play besides scoring has been great this WC. Also the amount of defensive work he does is unreal which is crucial in this world cup.

Nah his general play was quite poor today. Was put in really great positions to score or set up a team mate and he responded badly.

He worked hard yes but doesn't mean we ignore how bad he was where it matters.

I agree his offensive play wasn't good today, I was talking generally about this whole WC he was really good.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:21 pm

But Giroud/Griezmann didn't score in last final, and France were again large favourites. If the scenario repeats it will be a scandal and you know it.

Absurd not to include Lacazette, he is proven quality.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:38 am

Robespierre wrote:
Clutch wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Today Dembele worst player on pitch
I don't know if it was because of system , because of France midfield... how has been him this year ?
I ask because we are linked to him
Still good or declined ? @CBarca
did he even play today?

Been terrible today

He's still class for Tottenham. There is no doubt that he's getting older, but remember his performance away against Juventus? He was immense and received many plaudits for it, rightly. He's been pretty good this season too.

He was bad though. Really bad.

I don't see this as his usual quality though. He looked like he wasn't sharp at all. I think that he's not usually in the Belgium team (and even so, Martinez chops and changes so much) and suffered from not having a clearly defined role. Especially against France. Tottenham has much more defined build up play and typically Dembele has more space to work in and less midfielders directly near him, as well as more advanced fullbacks. I think today Dembele was squeezed into midfield where there was no space for reasons I can't understand.

I blame Martinez mostly. That's not to excuse his very poor performance.

But I think he's still a very good midfielder, and I hope he returns for Tottenham. I see him declining in the next year or two though. He's had too many injuries and he's getting older. I think he's starting to lose a step.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:41 am

I have to admit, before this game started, I thought France might pull off a 2014 on the Belgians and win this 7-1. That was until I actually saw the ultra cautious approach both teams took to this game. Hindsight is always perfect, but Dembele was too slow and conservative for this game, Mertens would have been better. I still think France has another gear to get into if they need it, they actually played well for about 10 minutes after the goal.

Still sticking to my original prediction, France is gonna win this thing, but hey, a one off game, anything can happen. kind of want to see them punished for that time wasting BS in what seemed the last half hour.
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:02 pm

CBarca wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
Clutch wrote: did he even play today?

Been terrible today

He's still class for Tottenham. There is no doubt that he's getting older, but remember his performance away against Juventus? He was immense and received many plaudits for it, rightly. He's been pretty good this season too.

He was bad though. Really bad.

I don't see this as his usual quality though. He looked like he wasn't sharp at all. I think that he's not usually in the Belgium team (and even so, Martinez chops and changes so much) and suffered from not having a clearly defined role. Especially against France. Tottenham has much more defined build up play and typically Dembele has more space to work in and less midfielders directly near him, as well as more advanced fullbacks. I think today Dembele was squeezed into midfield where there was no space for reasons I can't understand.

I blame Martinez mostly. That's not to excuse his very poor performance.

But I think he's still a very good midfielder, and I hope he returns for Tottenham. I see him declining in the next year or two though. He's had too many injuries and he's getting older. I think he's starting to lose a step.

Thanks mate Very Happy
I tried to get some confirmation:D
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:17 pm

I felt disappointed at the end of this game. A clash of this magnitude with two of the most talented squads in the world cup and the game is decided on a corner and a header. Just marginally better than being decided in a penalty shoot out. The silver lining is that the first half was a great watch.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:23 pm

messixaviesta wrote:I felt disappointed at the end of this game. A clash of this magnitude with two of the most talented squads in the world cup and the game is decided on a corner and a header. Just marginally better than being decided in a penalty shoot out. The silver lining is that the first half was a great watch.

Luck of the draw. Belgium was strong and talented enough to be a worthy finalist, but its road to the final was unbelievably tough.

Still, they managed to knock out Brazil and narrowly lose to France. They are talented enough to feel disappointed with the outcome of their tournament, but they also have every reason to walk out with their heads held high. If they had been cast in the other side where England and Croatia were, they would've had a pretty good chance of reaching the final.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:30 pm

messixaviesta wrote:I felt disappointed at the end of this game. A clash of this magnitude with two of the most talented squads in the world cup and the game is decided on a corner and a header. Just marginally better than being decided in a penalty shoot out. The silver lining is that the first half was a great watch.

Yes, it was a disappointing game. Not just the fact the goal was another headed standard, as most goals in this WC, also that the game apart from that was tedious and frustrating (true, fist half was good).

Only silver lining for me have been the flashes of magnificent, unbelievable, awe inducing quality from Mbappé, who is a gift from god to us football fans.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:49 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:

Luck of the draw. Belgium was strong and talented enough to be a worthy finalist, but its road to the final was unbelievably tough.

Still, they managed to knock out Brazil and narrowly lose to France. They are talented enough to feel disappointed with the outcome of their tournament, but they also have every reason to walk out with their heads held high. If they had been cast in the other side where England and Croatia were, they would've had a pretty good chance of reaching the final.

Agree completely. Only contrary point I may add is that Belgium were very lucky against Japan. So maybe they were due a day when luck would be on the other side.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Yes, it was a disappointing game. Not just the fact the goal was another headed standard, as most goals in this WC, also that the game apart from that was tedious and frustrating (true, fist half was good).

Only silver lining for me have been the flashes of magnificent, unbelievable, awe inducing quality from Mbappé, who is a gift from god to us football fans.

Agree largely. I think once they got the lead France pretty much parked the bus and Belgium hardly had a prayer of breaking that which made the game boring for neutrals. If the goal doesn't happen the game may have remained more interesting. If Belgium had scored first they may also have parked the bus but their defense probably wouldn't be as resolute as France's making for a more enjoyable game. Just speculative thoughts now that it's done and dusted.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:20 am

Is this the best Belgium side since 1986???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:26 am

iftikhar wrote:Is this the best Belgium side since 1986???

Is this a serious question? Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:38 am

farfan wrote:

Hmm. Why scratch
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:43 am

iftikhar wrote:
farfan wrote:

Hmm. Why scratch

Because the answer is obvious. Laughing

Belgium was complete shit for more than two decades after 1986. Their star player was Emile Mpenza ffs.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7