Art Morte
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
S
43 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Who will go through

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 6 Vote_lcap47%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 6 Voting_bar 47% 
[ 7 ]
WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 6 Vote_lcap53%WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 6 Voting_bar 53% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 15

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 6 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Honestly the inconsistency of the ref annoyed me more than anything France did Laughing

He almost cost us that Australia game (he was the ref in that game for us too). He allowed Australia to mug us. I think we got intel on how he refs and used it in this one since we'd seen him in action before.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium  - Page 6 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Semi-Finals | France Vs Belgium

Post by zigra Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:08 pm

That Spain team was probably the most boring team ever to win a wc and they weren't even that good lol. At least France fully deserved every victory so far. They'd be a decent world champion if football wasn't coming home.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:08 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Honestly the inconsistency of the ref annoyed me more than anything France did Laughing

He almost cost us that Australia game (he was the ref in that game for us too). He allowed Australia to mug us. I think we got intel on how he refs and used it in this one since we'd seen him in action before.

I thought i recognised him.....

But yeah he was terrible IMO, hopefully he doesn't do the final.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Giroud is useless.  Until he starts, we can't be an offensive team.  Once we actually put a scorer with some technique in that 9 spot, then it will flow.

For example, with Benzema, we were very efficient in 2014.  Just can't do it with Giroud unfortunately.

Last edited by sportsczy on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:09 pm

Defensive teams win WC...shocker there.

France copying 2014 Germany's model of 4 CB's Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:10 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

I don't understand how the refs are chosen. For example, I think the Argentinian ref is very good... and entertaining. Is he still in the tournament?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:12 pm

sportsczy wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
He almost cost us that Australia game (he was the ref in that game for us too).  He allowed Australia to mug us.  I think we got intel on how he refs and used it in this one since we'd seen him in action before.

I don't understand how the refs are chosen.  For example, I think the Argentinian ref is very good... and entertaining.  Is he still in the tournament?

He isn't eglible for the final because he reffed 4 games. The candidates for the final are the Iranian ref and an African one.
sportsczy wrote:
Babun wrote:
sportsczy wrote:@Babs... thanks.

Germany also used to play this way also btw until the 2000s.

Nope, we had the 2-0 philosophy. The 1-0 one was entirely Italian.

I was on the other side of the German 1-0 philosophy in WC 1986. There was no such thing as 2-0 policy... trust me.

Well, they tried 2-0 but France had a good defence so 1-0 :coffee:

Last edited by Babun on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:12 pm

I also think Hazard abusing Pavard caused us to bring Pogba back for cover = attack was pretty much done once we led.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:14 pm

sportsczy wrote:Giroud is useless.  Until he starts, we can't be an offensive team.  Once we actually put a scorer with some technique in that 9 spot, then it will flow.

For example, with Benzema, we were very efficient in 2014.  Just can't do it with Giroud unfortunately.

Problem is you don't really have an alternative do you? Dembele didn't really work when you tried that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:16 pm

sportsczy wrote:Giroud is useless.  Until he starts, we can't be an offensive team.  Once we actually put a scorer with some technique in that 9 spot, then it will flow.

Problem is you don't really have an alternative do you? Dembele didn't really work when you tried that.

Lacazette or Ben Yedder. But DD is too negative. He didn't bring them in so there's never an issue... how can the media put pressure on an option that doesn't exist? It's shitty.

Rabiot being left off also made it clear to me how we were going to play.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:18 pm

I wrote " anyone but non France " , but ... chapeau.
I think Francia is going to win it and it will be definitely deserved.
Been best NT in this tournament and they showed it even today.
Deschamps made a great job, this is a better team than last Euro.
This is what every team must be : non conceding much and they are letal to attack.
Just because Giroud is the new Guivarc'h , otherwise match would be finished before.
France are great NT, the best NT in this tournament, it's useless to nibble. Congrats by me.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:18 pm

Belgium did great in the 1st half but France's quality is too much and paid off in the end.

Just sad to see this much talent having to park the bus most of the time.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:20 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Lacazette or Ben Yedder. But DD is too negative. He didn't bring them in so there's never an issue... how can the media put pressure on an option that doesn't exist? It's shitty.

Rabiot being left off also made it clear to me how we were going to play.

Yeah that's what i meant, as an option in the squad. Don't really understand why he didn't take Lacazette tbh, well i do because he's Deschamps but yeah....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 pm

As a side note... Mbappe has a bad back, missed a day of practice yesterday and there was some worry he'd miss the match today.

Very clear to me he was slowed and couldn't do what he usually does. Still did a lot of good things though. But was slowed and less nimble.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zagadka Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 pm

Who's the English and Croatian version of Eder?

asking for a friend
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:22 pm

Zagadka wrote:Who's the English and Croatian version of Eder?

asking for a friend

Kane and Mandzukic hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:29 pm

sportsczy wrote:As a side note... Mbappe has a bad back, missed a day of practice yesterday and there was some worry he'd miss the match today.  

Very clear to me he was slowed and couldn't do what he usually does.  Still did a lot of good things though.  But was slowed and less nimble.

Made two amazing assists for Guivar'ch , not because of him if the 9 missed them
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:30 pm

Zagadka wrote:Who's the English and Croatian version of Eder?

asking for a friend

Kramaric hmm
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:36 pm

Today Dembele worst player on pitch
I don't know if it was because of system , because of France midfield... how has been him this year ?
I ask because we are linked to him
Still good or declined ? @CBarca
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:39 pm

Boring but effective tactics by France, but I don't blame them, it's a WC semi-final after all.

Belgium needed to start crossing earlier and do it more overall, it was so clear that they weren't getting through down the middle with ground passes. The smarter team won.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:55 pm

People are underrating Giroud just because he doesn't score, but his overall play besides scoring has been great this WC. Also the amount of defensive work he does is unreal which is crucial in this world cup.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:58 pm

Robespierre wrote:Today Dembele worst player on pitch
I don't know if it was because of system , because of France midfield... how has been him this year ?
I ask because we are linked to him
Still good or declined ? @CBarca
did he even play today?

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:00 pm

BusterLfc wrote:People are underrating Giroud just because he doesn't score, but his overall play besides scoring has been great this WC. Also the amount of defensive work he does is unreal which is crucial in this world cup.

That's not enough.

That said, we didn't have a CF in 1998 either when we won the WC. So it's not a new thing for us. I'm just angry that Lacazette isn't on the squad. We have no other option than Giroud.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:01 pm

BusterLfc wrote:People are underrating Giroud just because he doesn't score, but his overall play besides scoring has been great this WC. Also the amount of defensive work he does is unreal which is crucial in this world cup.

Nah his general play was quite poor today. Was put in really great positions to score or set up a team mate and he responded badly.

He worked hard yes but doesn't mean we ignore how bad he was where it matters.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:02 pm

With a half proper CF, this game isn't that close.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:03 pm

As a side note, between Madrid and France, I'm very tired of CFs that can't score and "work hard for the team"....
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next