sportsczy
halamadrid2
Art Morte
Jay29
37 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Who will win?

WC 2018 | Quarter-Finals | England vs Sweden - Page 8 Vote_lcap24%WC 2018 | Quarter-Finals | England vs Sweden - Page 8 Voting_bar 24% 
[ 4 ]
WC 2018 | Quarter-Finals | England vs Sweden - Page 8 Vote_lcap76%WC 2018 | Quarter-Finals | England vs Sweden - Page 8 Voting_bar 76% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 17

WC 2018 | Quarter-Finals | England vs Sweden - Page 8 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Quarter-Finals | England vs Sweden

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:00 pm

Casciavit wrote:Nice to see that Pep, Poch, and Conte influence in the team.

Still think they would do better with having one of their CM's being a link up player rather than a runner. Wilshere would have been useful, hell maybe Delph could be that player too.

We don't really have that player to pick though, he doesn't really exist and if he does he's not that good.

My thought process going into this tournament was show progression ( which we clearly already have) and hopefully develop a playmaker before 2022 because Kane should be in his mental and physical prime then.

But it might not even matter Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

WC 2018 | Quarter-Finals | England vs Sweden - Page 8 Empty Re: WC 2018 | Quarter-Finals | England vs Sweden

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:02 pm

We still need a playmaker from somewhere but any potential candidate is too young to be drafted into the team.

Ademola Lookman is the closest to a breakthrough but he's more of a tricky wide player than a classic playmaker.

As far as the development of the team goes, I think we might gravitate to 3-4-2-1 should guys like Sancho and Lookman progress well.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:08 pm

If Foden progresses I feel like he can be that type of player too. Then again he seems more like a ball carrier rather than a final passer. Either way, it's still too early for him though.

Thoughts on Stones' performance this tourney?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:15 pm

Probably the England race wasn't so tough, but it is not fair to deny merits to GOATgate.

This England is tactically very organized and that is what distinguishes it from others in past.

Less talent but it is really squad. Finally we may watch an England NT always ahead of the game,  and, as a result, if we consider their solidity they aren't easy to face for anyone.

Southgate is not a genius now, but he is a modern coach . The opposite of Capello , MacClaren,Allardyce etc

For years England looked for the name but they just needed of rationality and humility
( well, otherwise they would not be English , would they ?  Wink Laughing  )

Last edited by Robespierre on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by GRude Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:23 pm

This team is such an relateable scummy Ingerland team Laughing If it wasn't for football Pickford would be hanging around some shithole Park up north downing cider, Maguire would fix your boiler for you, Vardy would be head of the Leicester firm and top gear sniffer, Sterling is the roadman in college that already has 2 baby mums. Proud Proud
GRude
GRude
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:30 pm

Casciavit wrote: Thoughts on Stones' performance this tourney?

Best defender in the World Cup so far. Better than any defender in the Qrt finals easily. He has sniffed out all attacks, including cleaning up for Walker errors. Also all the build up out of the back has been going through him as well. Him and Henderson have good link up. Looking like a 50m defender. Also he been clearing it to row z instead of taking unnecessary risk as well Proud
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:32 pm

it's true that Stones and England have faced such attacking juggernauts...

best defender lmao
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:38 pm

It was a good tournament Hala, what are you thoughts on reaching this far? I think you can be proud also barely any GL representatives have lasted this long this WC.

Last edited by Nishankly on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:41 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:it's true that Stones and England have faced such attacking juggernauts...

best defender lmao

Better than that diving scrubs Umtiti, who has been on rolled on the ground more than shots blocked/defended. Won't mention Hernandez theatrics. Can't even remember Varane's performances until his goal even though I've watched every French game. Stones balling while having a midfield of Henderson, Alli, and Lingard in front of him. So please STFU and show some respect. France defense looking shaky while have Goats like Kante covering for them and playing Matuidi as a winger for more defensive solidity.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:45 pm

Lol town centre is going absolutely wild.

What a time to be alive
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:45 pm

nasir6371 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:it's true that Stones and England have faced such attacking juggernauts...

best defender lmao

Better than that diving scrubs Umtiti, who has been on rolled on the ground more than shots blocked/defended. Won't mention Hernandez theatrics. Can't even remember Varane's performances until his goal even though I've watched every French game. Stones balling while having a midfield of Henderson, Alli, and Lingard in front of him. So please STFU and show some respect. France defense looking shaky while have Goats like Kante covering for them and playing Matuidi as a winger for more defensive solidity.
i dont know why you are talking to me about france players lmao, but Stones is not the best defender in the world cup. keep dreaming though, i aint stopping you
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:46 pm

best defender lmao

Yet this forum was hyping the shit out of Mbappe for destroying open space lmao.

Other than Belgium vs Brazil nobody in the final 4 has faced attacking juggernauts and hell Brazil aren't that either.

Yet England are the only ones criticised for some reason, was the same case in the group stage where everyone hyped Belgium in the first two games yet when we did exactly the same thing it was because it was awful competition Rolling Eyes
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:48 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Jay29 wrote:I'm gonna blow £50 on the England home kit if we make the semis, so it better be coming home.

Maguire imo

Called it ffs. Do it Jay
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:48 pm

Wonder how long till he is at United/Chelsea.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:50 pm

He's an absolute destroyer. Pulis would manage 25 clean sheets with him imo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:51 pm

He's too good on the ball for Pulis imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:52 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:He's too good on the ball for Pulis imo.

Disagree, Pulis needs ball playing center backs for dem accurate hoofs imho
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:53 pm

RealGunner wrote:Lol town centre is going absolutely wild.

What a time to be alive

I suppose you are not used to watching this for NT . I can remember it for WC and Euro. And well , if you win it, it is going to be the most insane party ever in London. Celebrations in that 9 July 2006 ? Total insanity never seen again. The whole night to get on different wagons with unknown ppl euphoric as us and amazing chicks

Sincerely glad for you guys

After  52 years

What a fuc*ing time to be alive

Last edited by Robespierre on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

best defender lmao

Yet this forum was hyping the shit out of Mbappe for destroying open space lmao.

Other than Belgium vs Brazil nobody in the final 4 has faced attacking juggernauts and hell Brazil aren't that either.

Yet England are the only ones criticised for some reason, was the same case in the group stage where everyone hyped Belgium in the first two games yet when we did exactly the same thing it was because it was awful competition Rolling Eyes
looks like you are talking to the wrong person here.

What i said about Stones absolutely stands. i even forgot to mentioned how much work the great leader stones is giving to Pickford, but it's ok he is the best CB in the world cup Rolling Eyes

Not sure what i said about Mbappe that is out of place, maybe someone else did. Like wise for other teams and hyping up Belgium, wasnt me buddy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Stones has been a mixed bag for me. He has given the ball away from the back plenty of times despite being the best passer of the three. Walker has had to clean up his errors as well.

None of the England back three have been outstanding. Pickford has had to pull off some big saves in the last two games to keep the score down.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:55 pm

I'm just sick of people criticising English players and then at the same time not criticising others for the same reasons.

French and Belgium defenders have made a lot more glaring errors than Stones has.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:57 pm

Jay29 wrote:Stones has been a mixed bag for me. He has given the ball away from the back plenty of times despite being the best passer of the three. Walker has had to clean up his errors as well.

None of the England back three have been outstanding. Pickford has had to pull off some big saves in the last two games to keep the score down.

Not what I've seen at all tbh, if anything Walker is the one making the most errors imo.

I don't blame him as he's playing a position which isn't normal to him but I feel like he's making more errors than Stones or Maguire personally.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:57 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Nishankly wrote:
Jay29 wrote:I'm gonna blow £50 on the England home kit if we make the semis, so it better be coming home.

Maguire imo

Called it ffs. Do it Jay

My brother absolutely loves Maguire. Just something about this huge lad running with the ball through the centre of the pitch reminds him of him.

Costs a lot of extra money to get names done, though. The base shirt alone is already robbery lol.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:59 pm

For me the worst England player was Alli before today.
But then he scores 2-0 with his typical goal.
Very important for England to have scored exactly him. England needs of him so as to raise level imo.
That's the reason why Southgate didn't take away him on pitch. So as to unlock him. Another Southgate masterclass tbh

Now who you prefer, Croatia and Russia ? It looks like an expected choice, but imo it is not.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:00 pm

Nishankly wrote:It was a good tournament Hala, what are you thoughts on reaching this far? I think you can be proud also barely any GL representatives have lasted this long this WC.
Our first goal was to get out of the group. When we beat Switzerland we thought we could fight for a bronze medal. I think we could've reached the semis had we played Colombia.

England controlled the midfield. We were left chasing shadows all game. I thought we'd put up more of a fight but that was a pretty limp display. England controlled the game from start to finish. There was never a period in the game where we were launching wave after wave of attack. We got a few chances here and there we should've done better on especially since we didn't create that much to begin with. At least this time we got the shots on target but Pickford did very well to save them

The fans are proud of the team, some of which played their last game for the NT. Particularly Granqvist who should be a contender for the CB of the tournament.

I think in the end, the team with the better players won, and deservedly so.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Croatia.

Reason is because I'm convinced if Russia get through they'll cheat their way to the final. (I'm skeptical of hosts)

At least if Croatia beat us then it will be because they are better than us Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next