Doc
Luca
Hapless_Hans
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Napoli is a bit overrated Empty Napoli is a bit overrated

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 1:38

Yeah, they're easy on the eyes, they have a fantastic manager who surely makes them train a lot of rondos, as they can pass the ball back and forth between each other pretty fast. Good positional play etc bla bla. No doubt about that.

But they are still a overrated team whch will never win anything.

They have no goalscorers at all- they have no striker, and they have two wide attackers that are the definition of average -Insigne and Callejon.
How are they supposed to win games against strong defenses if they don't have a striker?

As for Insigne- he's not only average, he is also arguably too small to be regarded as someone suitable for professional sports. No opponent will ever take this little midget seriously. I f he shaves, he can ruin the U13 league.

And then they have Mertens up front who is almost as small, and then they drill crosses to him lmao.

Laughable.

And they think they can win the league over Juve? When push comes to shove, Juve is another league to them. It's boys vs men. They don't stand a chance.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 2:05; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Napoli is a bit overrated Empty Re: Napoli is a bit overrated

Post by Luca Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 1:53

Shut up

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 1:59

It was so easy for Jjuve from minute 1. If you didn't know any better, you'll think Napoli was in midtable and Jjuve was saving themselves for the weekend play. Serie A fans might say otherwise but Napoli is a bit overrated. Not the first time they've shown this side of them.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 2:04

Will change the thread title to "Napoli is a bit overrated" so that it will look as if @Doc agreed with me fully and literally, not just somewhat.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 7:46

another thread :facepalm:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 8:41

Yamete kudasai Hans. They lost because they want to concentrate on winning league. Sarri wanted to lose this match from start. Winning against Juve would have given them meagre three points lead over potential champions but by losing they now get so much of focus and motivation. I would take latter any time of week and twice on weekends.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 10:51

Yes, they are the Dortmund of Serie A and Sarri is their Tuchel

Overrated team with silly hipster hype
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 11:26

how can you call Napoli overrated with the squad they have? Unless we are watching different sports, we all know you dont win shit in this game without a top team/squad. Long term success is simply not possible without quality. and what i see from Napoli is a team that is punching way above their talent level by the football they play.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 11:47

Doesn't GL view Napoli as a team that can win the league, but are not favourites and a team that can reach CL knockouts but nothing more? Because I'd say they're very accurately rated in that sense.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 12:08

This will NOT go down well with serie A fans who are as big of fans of Napoli as they are their own teams
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 12:17

Tbh if you go on CL thread you can meet that Napoli narrative of a team that " doesn't care about CL, they focus on league so they aren't great and maybe out on CL " (: (:
Of course I disproved it.
It seems as if some ppl can't accept that Napoli is just Napoli. Of course not easy to face but they aren' t going to win something.
Moreover Sarri is very good but I think to not have ever seen a coach with so provinciale mentality.
After match he said that " If Higuain was with us ,we 'd have won this ", minimizing his CFs in this way.
And so he disowned the Napoli narrative of a team greater than single player, because they are a squad !1!
Then he said that Juve Roma and Inter are definitely better than Napoli. Again it is counterproductive for players' self esteem. And it is false. Ok Juve but it is comparable with Roma and definitely better than us lol
At the end he said " we haven't signed Cristiano Ronaldo.just Ounas. And he was not so good even in Bordeaux"
Lol
About quality , I rate Mertens as their best player. And Mertens reminds me Di Natale.
Same type of player, great player (let s be clear), goalscorer (and capable of beautiful goals) but good for a harmonious gamestyle but you can't win with them. Infact they disappear in these sort of matches
Expected CL place also this year and " The Scudetto of beautiful game " also this year.
A nice utopia. So a thing that likes much at the beginning but at the end never satisfies you.
Expect to pass soon from Sarri appreciation to his denunciation. Klopp-esque.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 13:50

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Doesn't GL view Napoli as a team that can win the league, but are not favourites and a team that can reach CL knockouts but nothing more? Because I'd say they're very accurately rated in that sense.

This, but it's GL tradition to open these threads every time.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 13:56

rincon wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:Doesn't GL view Napoli as a team that can win the league, but are not favourites and a team that can reach CL knockouts but nothing more? Because I'd say they're very accurately rated in that sense.

This, but it's GL tradition to open these threads every time.

There has not yet been a thread about this Napoli being hyped and overrated by posters as yourself, so I'd say it was high time I'd open one.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 14:05

I'm not against GL tradition, I do it myself  hmm

To Tom's point, for all my "overrating" you won't find a post of mine hyping them up for CL. Wasnt our bet something like the GD of City over them will be 3 or less? That's the extent of my confidence of them against City, never mentioned them winning the tie. In the league they obviously have a very real shot at going all the way, seeing as they are first.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 14:49

Robespierre wrote:Tbh if you go on CL thread you can meet that Napoli narrative of a team that " doesn't care about CL, they focus on league so they aren't great and maybe out on CL " (: (:
It seems as if some ppl can't accept that Napoli is just Napoli. Of course not easy to face but they aren' t going to win something.
Moreover Sarri is very good but I think to not have ever seen a coach with so provinciale mentality.
After match he said that " If Higuain was with us ,we 'd have won this ", minimizing his CFs in this way.
And so he disowned the Napoli narrative of a team greater than single player, because they are a squad !1!
Then he said that Juve Roma and Inter are definitely better than Napoli. Again it is counterproductive for players' self esteem. And it is false. Ok Juve but it is comparable with Roma and definitely better than us lol
At the end he said " we haven't signed Cristiano Ronaldo.just Ounas. And he was not so good even in Bordeaux"
Lol
About quality , I rate Mertens as their best player. And Mertens reminds me Di Natale.
Same type of player, great player (let s be clear), goalscorer (and capable of beautiful goals) but good for a harmonious gamestyle but you can't win with them. Infact they disappear in these sort of matches
Expected CL place also this year and " The Scudetto of beautiful game " also this year.
A nice utopia. So a thing that likes much at the beginning but at the end never satisfies you.

Agree. But somehow if you criticize Napoli for their inherent provincial mentality, some people get triggered like they're fans of that team.

And you accurately described Sarri too. Napoli is perfect for him in that sense I suppose.

Only teams that could dethrone Juve in the future are the Milanese teams.

It's time we got back to form and bury this hipster team to the ground.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 14:51

S wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Tbh if you go on CL thread you can meet that Napoli narrative of a team that " doesn't care about CL, they focus on league so they aren't great and maybe out on CL " (: (:
Lol

Agree. But somehow if you criticize Napoli for their inherent provincial mentality, some people get triggered like they're fans of that team.

Yep, completely agree

And some people believe Serie A is the be end all end of talents (:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 16:14

Would never understand why Jjuve fans here are defending, sympathising or being remotely positive towards Napoli. Don't they (Napoli) hate Jjuve with all their heart and soul?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 16:29

Yes, Napoli hates Juve with everything they got. That's why last night's win is big too. The opposite doesn't hold as much because they never were that relevant for Juve. Even if its the most important match for the scudetto, its not a derby for Juve. Our derby is next weekend with Inter.

Its the same with Roma for example, they asked Totti before the game which of those teams he would rather have the scudetto go to (if Roma doesn't win it) and he said Napoli. Even though Napoli have been their rival these last few years, its not as relevant for them as Juve. So he said Napoli over Juve, but not Inter. Because he, like everyone else, hates Inter more.

In general lines, the teams that Juve sees as rivals in terms of irrational fan hate are Inter, then a huge distance, then Milan, then Fiorentina. After that you have Napoli, Roma and Torino.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 16:33

Doc wrote:Would never understand why Jjuve fans here are defending, sympathising or being remotely positive towards Napoli. Don't they (Napoli) hate Jjuve with all their heart and soul?

For me, its simply a matter of respect. And not a single poster is giving a shred of credit to Juventus but only downplaying Napoli, so its not like were torn between the two sides. Also, being humble in victory as well as defeat is not an undesirable trait.

Napoli is a really good team, they were on the wrong side of a 1-0 loss to an even better team but nonetheless, they have a real chance at the scudetto and have been the closest team to Juventus in the last 6 seasons. I find it hard to believe that they can be overrated when about 4 people rate them and many more do not, that's simply a matter of opinion but what they've done and been able to do is not a matter of opinion but facts.

The fact is, they've worked themselves into a conversation with teams such as Juventus, Roma, Inter and Milan- the historically good teams of Italy. Only here there is a problem with giving credit where its due. Even if they do not win the Scudetto, they're still a good team for the time being. When they're Fiorentina/Torino level, then that's one thing but its not a fluke.

This is more of an impressive thing for Juventus, our first win away to Napoli in 17 years. Seeing the Thickness score that goal and De Laurentiis' face afterwards is a feeling I'll carry for a long time.

Here, people just prefer to hate is all.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 16:45

@Luca Not that it matters much but it isn't our first win at the San Paolo in that time, its the second one. Max in all his GOATness already got us the first win since 2001 when Benitez was at Napoli.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 16:47

rincon wrote:@Luca Not that it matters much but it isn't our first win at the San Paolo in that time, its the second one. Max in all his GOATness already got us the first win since 2001 when Benitez was at Napoli.

Sorry, you're right. It's 1 win in the last 15 games before yesterday. I mistakenly paraphrased

I can't argue wit Max's GOATNESS though

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 16:48

rincon wrote:Yes, Napoli hates Juve with everything they got. That's why last night's win is big too. The opposite doesn't hold as much because they never were that relevant for Juve. Even if its the most important match for the scudetto, its not a derby for Juve. Our derby is next weekend with Inter.

Its the same with Roma for example, they asked Totti before the game which of those teams he would rather have the scudetto go to (if Roma doesn't win it) and he said Napoli. Even though Napoli have been their rival these last few years, its not as relevant for them as Juve. So he said Napoli over Juve, but not Inter. Because he, like everyone else, hates Inter more.

In general lines, the teams that Juve sees as rivals in terms of irrational fan hate are Inter, then a huge distance, then Milan, then Fiorentina. After that you have Napoli, Roma and Torino.

I don't get this point tbh ( by Italian, so I live it every day )
Generally Juve are the most supported team in Italy   and the most hated team at same time . Just looking at main Italian fanbases.
Fanbases as Inter ( more than Milan , close though ) , Napoli, Torino , Fiorentina have Juve as first enemy.
The only two to have Inter as first enemy are Milan and Juve ( and that's exactly as you said it , Inter by far . That' s the reason why it's named Derby d' Italia ).
I can ensure that Roma fans put Juve after Lazio, it's a historic rivalrly born in '80 ( Er go de Turone etc ) and sharpened incredibly during 90's with that Zeman experience. Lazio fans also don't like Juve.
For Totti Napoli is legit, while he has  simlar anthipaty between us and Juve because of Scudetti 2008-2010 where he was close .. but wasn't ( While Juve is historic fact ) . I can understand it

Last edited by Robespierre on Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 16:51; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 16:50

S wrote:
Lol

And you accurately described Sarri too. Napoli is perfect for him in that sense I suppose.

Only teams that could dethrone Juve in the future are the Milanese teams.

It's time we got back to form and bury this hipster team to the ground.

It is exactly so.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 16:50

The Inter thing was a joke, its just what I'd like as Juve fan. SHould put the coffee guy in there. I'm well aware of the Juve hate as you see it every season and how much the media makes a fuzz over it.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat 2 Dec 2017 - 17:05

I agree with Hans though.
Napoli hype is quite shocking in this period.
Napoli fanbase = they claim to be rated a great team as other.
If they win it is because they play the best football than others.
If they lose is because they play better than others ( Sarri said " We dominated Juve for 70' ". Well , I don't remind a serious chance by Napoli tbh ) but the other teams are stronger because of revenues etc etc
Impossible competing with big money of others etc ( duly after every loss )
Moreover they have press so incline with them , read to hype them on basically .. nothing ( trophies ?. )
Newspapers to praise them after 2-4 against City ( that' s dramatically true. We were criticized if we tied 0-0 against Barca under Guardiola ) or 1-3 against Real . It is always so after every European defeat.
it's fine with me to treat them as hipster team . And so praising for football , atmosphere etc Nothing against it. But before talking about great club, they should show it.
But yes , as said S, there are three big clubs in Italian football . The Italian football cake rotates around them . The rest are side dish.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next