American Gods || Starz

5 posters

Go down

American Gods || Starz Empty American Gods || Starz

Post by McLewis Tue May 30, 2017 1:43 pm

Who's been watching this?

After the beautiful mess of a pilot, the last 4 episodes have been fantastic.

I have yet to come across a single member of the cast that hasn't impressed me yet. Perhaps the best of the bunch so far has been Gillian Anderson as Media. Pablo Schreiber as Mad Sweeney and Emily Browning as Laura have both been aces as well.

Latest episode easily the best of the season so far. Crispin Glover was creepy af, as expected.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

American Gods || Starz Empty Re: American Gods || Starz

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 30, 2017 2:38 pm

Haven't seen anything yet but I read the book so will Def binge once it's done
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 30, 2017 4:20 pm

Watched the pilot for 35 minutes, but wanted to switch off after 10 tbh.
Gave it a bit more time to see where the story goes, but my impression did not change, and it also confirmed my expectations.

I can't begin to describe how much I hate this piece of crap.

It's garbage, pretentious, over-the-top, sophomoric, offensive and dumb garbage.

No surprise since most of these words describe Hannibal, another Bryan Fuller show, too, even though Hannibal was better written, had more well-rounded aesthetics and better characters.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:45 am

Just finished watching this. Highly addictive once you get past the first 3 episodes, a solid 8/10 show.

I will say that I can see where Hans came from though, as Fuller has a tendency to go over the top in style and not enough on plot, but I would still consider it a good use of my time.

Big reveal at the end was a bit disappointing though, anyone with 2 neurons would have put it together by the final episode, they should have done it halfway though the season rather than insist on "you wouldn't believe me if I told you" when Shadow was clearly ready to believe whatever at that point.

I remember in that while reading the books I was very annoyed at how passive Shadow is, and while this is still true in the series since it's not only from his POV it's less noticeable.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Watched the pilot for 35 minutes, but wanted to switch off after 10 tbh.
Gave it a bit more time to see where the story goes, but my impression did not change, and it also confirmed my expectations.

I can't begin to describe how much I hate this piece of crap.

It's garbage, pretentious, over-the-top, sophomoric, offensive and dumb garbage.

No surprise since most of these words describe Hannibal, another Bryan Fuller show, too, even though Hannibal was better written, had more well-rounded aesthetics and better characters.

I could not agree more

Its how i feel with 98% of TV shows, bar a select few
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:35 pm

Watched the premiere with my brother when it came out and thought it was garbage as well but he liked it so I kept watching.

I liked some scenes and even some episodes but ultimately it falls into the list of pretentious and over the top TV shows that take themselves too seriously alongside Mr. Robot and Westworld. I usually tolerate many TV shows crappy storylines if it's at least funny or entertaining but American Gods gives me nothing aside from some impressive scenery/high TV production. The Mad Sweeney and you know who's buddy road trip was fun but that was all really. The season ends with the most obvious "twist" the show could have offered.

However season 2 had good potential because I assume the introduction of the main gods is mostly done so the story can progress more quickly.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down