Hapless_Hans
sportsczy
VanDeezNuts
Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Adios Pepe? - Page 2 Empty Re: Adios Pepe?

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:13 pm

I think one year with another year based on a number of terms (possibly impossible to achieve) at a club like ours is another way of saying we'll give you a year to sort yourself out but please bugger off at the end of it. I don't think we've ever done that kind of deal before. Those sort of deals are the kind EPL clubs do not us or Barca etc.

Raul and Xabi are not comparable. Xabi wanted to leave out of the blue. Raul's case is similar to Iker's and probably will be similar to Ronaldo's with the massive contract he's now received when he loses it conpletely.

I had no problems with both Iker and Raul leaving as they were past their best. They could have been thanked better than they were. Arbeloa was given a bigger sending off thab they conbined. "You seem to want club to start a mediocre line up with past and ageing players" what in God's name gave you that impression scratch

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:26 pm

SuperMAG wrote:i would perfer if lorente came instead of vallejo, vallejo is still 19 and can still polish more of his defensive skills in germany.

lorente is as good as nacho and can be a great player for madrid.

Not so sure about that. We hear lots about Vallejo and almost nothing about Llorente, which usually means one is impressing, other is not. Nacho has really uped his game in past year. Not sure if Llorente may become the next Derik. He is same age and outshone Llorente for most of their youth days and was generally regarded as Spain's next CB, only to fall apart in last couple of Castilla seasons. Now plays for Bolton.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:32 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I think one year with another year based on a number of terms (possibly impossible to achieve) at a club like ours is another way of saying we'll give you a year to sort yourself out but please bugger off at the end of it. I don't think we've ever done that kind of deal before. Those sort of deals are the kind EPL clubs do not us or Barca etc.

Raul and Xabi are not comparable. Xabi wanted to leave out of the blue. Raul's case is similar to Iker's and probably will be similar to Ronaldo's with the massive contract he's now received when he loses it conpletely.

I had no problems with both Iker and Raul leaving as they were past their best. They could have been thanked better than they were. Arbeloa was given a bigger sending off thab they conbined. "You seem to want club to start a mediocre line up with past and ageing players" what in God's name gave you that impression scratch

I got that impression from you wanting aging stars to have a leave whenever you want (are ready).

I don't know where you get the impression the club's offer is telling him he isn't wanted!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:09 pm

There was sth fishy with Xabi's transfer so late in the transfer window. Probably sth to do with iker. Hard to believe that he suddenly wanted a change of atmosphere on 27th of august.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:35 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Vallejo is better than Sule right hans? I know u wish he was German so you could sign him

I commented on this thread by accident.

But while I'm here, a couple of points:

1. Pepe is a GOAT player who remains underrated, and you better hope he stays

2. I guess the Vallejo hype is felt more stronger in the Real-affine corner of the public and internet, noone in Germany would rate him higher than Süle

3. As follows from 1. + 2. a big LOL at the thought of Vallejo as "Pepe's successor".
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:35 pm

Valkyrja wrote:There was sth fishy with Xabi's transfer so late in the transfer window. Probably sth to do with iker. Hard to believe that he suddenly wanted a change of atmosphere on 27th of august.

He simply foresaw that Kroos was signed to replace him!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:48 pm

I would be disappointed if we let go of Pepe when there is a way to extend him for two years. Club needs to be smart, we are clearly losing out in this because however talented as Vallejo is, he needs a lot of time to be ready for us.

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:47 am

arbeloa got a better sending off because the team had just won, and the decision that he was going to leave had been understood by both parties even before the season ended. its easier to have a sending off when the team has just won a title, than when the club is making arrangements to rebuild.....it doesn't have anything to do with who was the better player for the club, even arbeloa knows he doesn't come anywhere close to raul or iker's level.

plus raul's deal with schalke came at too close a time for the club to do anything, i remember he signed on a weekday, and they basically rushed fans into providing him with a brief send off, by the next day or two he was already at schalke. he got a brilliant send off from them, but that was down to timing.....

and in reality, when a player feels they still have more to give, they don't even want a send off. its the ego thing, you feel you can still play, so the club giving you that send off feels like an "its not you its me" relationship scenario.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2