Hapless_Hans
rincon
The Demon of Carthage
juve_gigi
RealGunner
43 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Champions League R16: Discussion and Draw - Page 6 Empty Re: Champions League R16: Discussion and Draw

Post by matpol Mon 12 Dec 2016, 16:17

My predictions:

City - Monaco
Madrid - Napoli
Benfica - Dortmund
Bayern - Arsenal
Porto - Juventus
Leverkusen - Atletico
PSG - Barcelona
Sevilla - Leicester

matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Champions League R16: Discussion and Draw - Page 6 Empty Re: Champions League R16: Discussion and Draw

Post by Bankz Mon 12 Dec 2016, 17:34

How does madrid do it ffs? Laughing

Luckiest team in the world + luckiest coach in the universe + luckiest player on the planet = recipe for CL back to back trophies. Perez :bow:
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon 12 Dec 2016, 17:58

Interesting article out today in how Barcelona club and fans are always crying foul at UEFA while at same time there is amble evidence of favouritism for Barcelona in Liga. hipocracy! Actually says they should be fined or sanction for the club public statements!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon 12 Dec 2016, 18:12

Perez ffs, Napoli in the last 16, Leicester in the last 8, Monaco in the semi and Atleti in tje final. Bam CL back to back. Tebas happiest man alive ffs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Mon 12 Dec 2016, 18:24

City - Monaco
Madrid - Napoli
Benfica - Dortmund
Bayern - Arsenal
Porto - Juventus
Leverkusen - Atletico
PSG - Barcelona
Sevilla - Leicester
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 12 Dec 2016, 18:46

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon 12 Dec 2016, 18:57

halamadrid2 wrote:Perez ffs, Napoli in the last 16, Leicester in the last 8, Monaco in the semi and Atleti in tje final. Bam CL back to back. Tebas happiest man alive ffs

Why are you guys already so confidently predicting who teams will be facing in the latter stages of the tournament hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon 12 Dec 2016, 19:04

Don't really see any potential for a major upset here. Monaco-City is the closest tie but no one cares about either team lmao.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon 12 Dec 2016, 19:31

El Gunner wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Perez ffs, Napoli in the last 16, Leicester in the last 8, Monaco in the semi and Atleti in tje final. Bam CL back to back. Tebas happiest man alive ffs

Why are you guys already so confidently predicting who teams will be facing in the latter stages of the tournament hmm
Joke is lost on you I see No I'll let it slide this time......

We are Real Madrid. We would make West Brom look like CL champions ffs. Whoever we get is difficult. We will have to fight hard just to go through this stage nevermind reaching the bloody final. Blood sweat and tears I tell ya. We normally make jokes on reaching the final and playing easy teams relative to the alternatives because certain fan bases always cry conspiracy whenever we are involved in anything
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon 12 Dec 2016, 19:36

City - Monaco
Madrid - Napoli
Benfica - Dortmund
Bayern - Arsenal
Porto - Juventus
Leverkusen - Atletico
PSG - Barcelona
Sevilla - Leicester
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Mon 12 Dec 2016, 20:15

City - Monaco
Madrid - Napoli
Benfica - Dortmund
Bayern - Arsenal
Porto - Juventus
Leverkusen - Atletico
PSG - Barcelona
Sevilla - Leicester
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon 12 Dec 2016, 20:16

I respect Barcelona and its fans, but some of you guys (not all of course), sometimes, come across as a bit querulous. No disrespect, really.

And I'm not referring to that Messi fan here. I wouldn't waste a second criticizing that guy. I'm referring to some of you guys who I consider to be the cornerstone of the Barcelona section and an integral part of GL - members who I respect a lot and am honored to share the same forum with you.

So please don't take this as an insult, but more like honest criticism.

You got a shadow of PSG's former self. I would think you'd be happy with the draw and focus solely on your affairs. Instead, you shifted your attention to Real Madrid, belittled Napoli as if they were a weak team, and cried conspiracy.

What's with this obsession? Like really, how many Madrid fans on here complained about your draw or even bothered to comment on Barcelona?

But with you, It's almost the same thing with every single draw. It's like your bread and butter : "who did we get? and oh who did Real Madrid get?"

There's a difference between rivalry and plain hatred. I respect you as a rival, but I don't hate you. I just wish the respect was mutual and this obsession with us would disappear.

And btw, Napoli is a damn strong team worthy of every single shred of respect we have given them so far. They have every bit as big a chance as we do of progressing and they're perfectly capable of causing an upset. Can't say the same thing about PSG really.

Once again, I repeat, I have nothing but respect for you. But this constant complaining about everything Real Madrid is a little bit irritating.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon 12 Dec 2016, 20:39

Loool, Real are just so damn lucky though with these draws its quite amazing.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon 12 Dec 2016, 20:50

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I respect Barcelona and its fans, but some of you guys (not all of course), sometimes, come across as a bit querulous. No disrespect, really.

And I'm not referring to that Messi fan here. I wouldn't waste a second criticizing that guy. I'm referring to some of you guys who I consider to be the cornerstone of the Barcelona section and an integral part of GL - members who I respect a lot and am honored to share the same forum with you.

You got a shadow of PSG's former self. I would think you'd be happy with the draw and focus solely on your affairs. Instead, you shifted your attention to Real Madrid, belittled Napoli as if they were a weak team, and cried conspiracy.

What's with this obsession? Like really, how many Madrid fans on here complained about your draw or even bothered to comment on Barcelona?

But with you, It's almost the same thing with every single draw. It's like your bread and butter : "who did we get? and oh who did Real Madrid get?"

There's a difference between rivalry and plain hatred. I respect you as a rival, but I don't hate you. I just wish the respect was mutual and this obsession with us would disappear.

And btw, Napoli is a damn strong team worthy of every single shred of respect we have given them so far. They have every bit as big a chance as we do of progressing and they're perfectly capable of causing an upset. Can't say the same thing about PSG really.

Once again, I repeat, I have nothing but respect for you. But this constant complaining about everything Real Madrid is a little bit irritating.

I don't believe I usually get involved in these kind of things (at least as often or usually I'm messing about). However it's just not a Barcelona thing at the end you go to many different forums, as well as other social media outlets and you'll see the same thing and people talking about RM draws and it's not always Barca fans at the end.

I agree with you, but at the end there is more of a chance at PSG KO'ing many of the top teams, then Napoli I believe. Napoli aren't an easy team and may cause RM some problems at the end I personally do believe they will and the game will be closer then people think.

Anyways at the end you face what is in front of you, everyone would like to see their club progress as far as they can, I personally believe it builds mental toughness, experience and helps players adjust for the future (look at City and Arsenal for example no offense to them), especially the younger/newer players, I believe that's been one important aspect to Barca, RM and BM and progressing further into the CL.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 13 Dec 2016, 01:41

Overall very underwhelming draw. The two biggest ties PSG-Barca and Arsenal-Bayern we've seen a million times. The rest of them are straight forward.

Happy with Dortmund's draw. Should be interesting how far they can go this year.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue 13 Dec 2016, 01:53

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I respect Barcelona and its fans, but some of you guys (not all of course), sometimes, come across as a bit querulous. No disrespect, really.

This.

I'm not sure these people even watch football outside of La Liga Laughing PSG's defense is getting torn apart by provincial scrubs week in, week out and Cavani needs 4 clear chances per game to score one. We're supposed to believe that they're going to pose any sort of challenge to Barça? Laughing They couldn't even do that in their best days.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Tue 13 Dec 2016, 02:01

I do watch La Liga and Ligue 1, and I agree with you.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue 13 Dec 2016, 02:12

Yeah sorry doc. Respect you as a poster, don't respect Madrid.

That being said, all I've said on the matter is that PSG is fairly boring (had this tie a million times, don't really fear a team that finished behind Ozilsenal) and I haven't said anything on Madrid yet. Now that people mention it, it's no surprise to see Madrid get one of the easiest teams again but it is what it is. I'll wait to see their other ties first before I comment on Madrid. Surely they can't get another run like last year.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue 13 Dec 2016, 02:21

Well, probably not unless Porto beat Juventus, LC beat Sevilla and we just happen to draw one in the quarters and semis respectfully. Then there is the argument that even if that happens, those 2 teams deserve the respect for reaching there and the whole "you beat whoever is in front of you".
In any case, for a Cule, Madrid either is lucky or cheats their way into success which, unlike the other DoC, I enjoy reading. Sometimes.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue 13 Dec 2016, 02:30

halamadrid2 wrote:Perez ffs, Napoli in the last 16, Leicester in the last 8, Monaco in the semi and Juve in tje final. Bam another back to back elimination to Juve. Devi happiest man alive ffs

Proud
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 13 Dec 2016, 02:38

I wasn't complaining about RM's tie... but come on, they have historically received such easy knock out draws. It's easy to see why people would want to point that out, their luck is very consistent.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue 13 Dec 2016, 03:04

Historically you say hmm Time to do some "research"
After their UCL triumph in 98
1999: QF defeat against Dynamo Kiev
2000: QF Utd; SF Bayern; Final Valencia
2001: QF Galatasary; SF defeat agaisnt Bayern
2002: QF Bayern; SF Barcelona Final Leverkusen
2003: QF Utd; SF defeat agaisnt Juventus
2004: QF defeat against Monaco
2005: R16 defeat against Juventus
2006: R16 defeat against Arsenal
2007: R16 defeat against Bayern
2008: R16 defeat against Roma
2009: R16 asswhopping against Liverpool
2010: R16 defeat against Lyon
2011: R16 Lyon; QF Tottenham; SF defeat against Barcelona
2012: R16 CSKA; QF Apoel; SF defeat against Bayern
2013: R16 Utd; QF Galatasary; SF defeat against LewaDortmund
2014: R16 Schalke; QF Dortmund; SF Bayern; Final Atletico
2015: R16 Schalke; QF Atletico; SF defeat against Juventus
2016: R16 Roma; QF Wolfsburg; SF Man City; Final Atletico

Right, so historically, Madrid have had a lot more tough ass draws than the supposed "easy" ones that Cules supposedly claim but I guess it's only natural to remember immediate past. The easiest I really think was definitely in 2012. Anyway, you guys judge for yourselves.

Also, really wish UEFA had kept the 2nd round group stage. It clearly sorted out who really belonged there.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckAndWin Tue 13 Dec 2016, 08:10

City - Monaco
Madrid - Napoli
Benfica - Dortmund
Bayern - Arsenal
Porto - Juventus
Leverkusen - Atletico
PSG - Barcelona
Sevilla - Leicester
LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 13 Dec 2016, 13:44

Doc wrote:Historically you say hmm Time to do some "research"
After their UCL triumph in 98
1999: QF defeat against Dynamo Kiev
2000: QF Utd; SF Bayern; Final Valencia
2001: QF Galatasary; SF defeat agaisnt Bayern
2002: QF Bayern; SF Barcelona Final Leverkusen
2003: QF Utd; SF defeat agaisnt Juventus
2004: QF defeat against Monaco
2005: R16 defeat against Juventus
2006: R16 defeat against Arsenal
2007: R16 defeat against Bayern
2008: R16 defeat against Roma
2009: R16 asswhopping against Liverpool
2010: R16 defeat against Lyon
2011: R16 Lyon; QF Tottenham; SF defeat against Barcelona
2012: R16 CSKA; QF Apoel; SF defeat against Bayern
2013: R16 Utd; QF Galatasary; SF defeat against LewaDortmund
2014: R16 Schalke; QF Dortmund; SF Bayern; Final Atletico
2015: R16 Schalke; QF Atletico; SF defeat against Juventus
2016: R16 Roma; QF Wolfsburg; SF Man City; Final Atletico

Right, so historically, Madrid have had a lot more tough ass draws than the supposed "easy" ones that Cules supposedly claim but I guess it's only natural to remember immediate past. The easiest I really think was definitely in 2012. Anyway, you guys judge for yourselves.

Also, really wish UEFA had kept the 2nd round group stage. It clearly sorted out who really belonged there.

I meant in recent history*, if we look at the past 10 years I'd say the draws have been favorable to you prior to SFs (in which case there's only 4 teams left so there are no bad teams left). It's not your fault but there's no point denying that facing Tottenham, APOEL, Galatasaray and Wolfsburg in quarters is relatively on the easier side.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue 13 Dec 2016, 14:11

Uefadrids last 7 draws.

Easiest
Easiest
Easiest
Easy
Easiest
Easiest
Easy

Uefa is not run by Perez co. rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu 23 Feb 2017, 13:11

So basically only the Dortmund-Benfica and Leicester-Sevilla ties have any life left in it. Some might argue (or hope) Napoli and Monaco has a fair chance to overcome two goal deficit in their home ground.

So will there be another draw for the QF ties???
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next