Winter is Coming
titosantill
Doc
VanDeezNuts
guest7
33 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

In my history Zidane's Real Madrid is the worst footballing side I've seen - Page 9 Empty Re: In my history Zidane's Real Madrid is the worst footballing side I've seen

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:15 pm

The problem Nick, is that it is a different culprit every few months or so. None of us know really what goes on in the highest level decisions at the club, so we post and we blame based on biased view points.

Right now it's Zidane, but in the past it's usually Perez, or Ronaldo being selfish, or Marcelo's poor defending, or Casillas being past it.

I think Doc said it well, we win together, we lose together.

Did Zidane tell Perez we don't need a backup DM? Did Zidane propose a DM that Perez didn't want to buy? Were offers made and rejected? Did we even have any viable options to pursue?

I don't know those answers and I don't think anyone here does so I am not going to necessarily blame any one entity. At the end of the day it is likely a combination of more people involved than we can even fathom- not just one person.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

In my history Zidane's Real Madrid is the worst footballing side I've seen - Page 9 Empty Re: In my history Zidane's Real Madrid is the worst footballing side I've seen

Post by jibers Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:15 pm

Your exact words
sportsczy wrote:No they weren't Jibers.  Every time Barca attacked, the looked like they were going to score.  City?  Not so much.  

Mascherano was playing fullback and Mathieu was at CB...  so really, City should have raped that defense.  Busquets has been crap to start the season too.

City were tactical and toothless.  Not starting Aguero against that defense was beyond ridiculous by Pep.  Him and his stupid false 9.  Hasn't worked for him since Messi.

Me calling you out for your exact words
jibers wrote:
Lucifer wrote:The only team that came with tactics and purpose yesterday was City albeit some weird ones like benching Aguero. Barca has only one  tactics, only one strategy that is to pass the ball  to MSN asap and yet we failed to do that single thing for the most of first half leaving MSN stranded in final third. That's how bad we are nowadays.

But according to sportsczy barcelona looked like scoring in every attack. Watch him back track from that drivel like he usually does when called out.

@Lucifer he dropped Aguero because he wanted muddied sueriority which is why they were able to construct moves very swiftly. Messi drops into barcas mf and with Kun there they would have been over run.

Bar the building from the back Barcelona don't use position play in the final 3rd. It's a free for all.

You denying ever using that and lying straight out
sportsczy wrote:No.  I said that every time the ball got to the attacking zone, Barca looked a threat to score.  Man City did not look like a great threat when they got it into Barca's attacking zone.

And you see how much better Barca uses fullbacks compared to City.  Barca's fullbacks fly forward to create width so that Messi and Neymar can use them as a decoy to cut in or pass them the ball.  City doesn't do that.  Also, the rotation of Iniesta and Rakitic to cover when the fullbacks are very high is top notch.  The issue Barca has is that Busquets has been subpar and the defense is also very shaky (injuries mostly).  So they're positionaly more conservative than usual... forcing them to rely on MSN to do more on the attack.

With Pep, I saw a manager who was trying too hard to prove he's a genius in a big game once again.  You MUST... and I mean MUST... put Aguero in there to terrorize that back line.  As it was, all of City's play was in front of them.  They didn't need to worry about a CF making runs behind them.  That's far easier to defend.  The few times City got behind Barca in the wide areas... there was nobody for them to pass the ball to in the box.  No runs were being made at all.

In any case, let's agree to disagree lol.

After being caugh out you proceed to become a philosopher
sportsczy wrote:Every time they attacked...  how do you define that?  Having the ball in your half or middle of the pitch?  You attack when you're in an attacking zone.  And yes, whenever Barca was in the attacking zone, they looked a threat to score.  City didn't because they didn't have a scorer on the pitch.

Just so happened that the midfield was very dense with players so that neither team spent as much time on the attacking end as they wanted to.

Lets see you houdini your way out of this
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:20 pm

So if Zidane can't see we need an extra DM to back up which I have a legit hard time believing, you mean to tell me no one in the Real Madrid upper echelons can't see it?

Also, Hala is correct. Villareal have yet to lose in the league and in Europe.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:21 pm

Again, I define an attack as getting the ball into the final 1/3. You disagree with my definition. Every time Barca got the ball in the final 1/3 against City, they looked a threat to score imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:23 pm

Villareal lost to Monaco twice in the last qualifying round of CL and got bumped to Europa as a result.  So they have 2 losses.

http://www.espnfc.com/match?gameId=463007
http://www.espnfc.com/match?gameId=463003
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:26 pm

sportsczy wrote:Again, I define an attack as getting the ball into the final 1/3.  You disagree with my definition.  Every time Barca got the ball in the final 1/3 against City, they looked a threat to score imo.

You disagreed with yourself. You denied ever even saying it Laughing

The quote is above ffs. You said it. Had nothing to do with definitions. You denied your own words

Just admit you lied and got caught out. You flat out denied ever even saying that. Your words are there for all to see. How can you still deny it...

Last edited by jibers on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:27 pm

Jibbers is wasting his own time.

Sportzy has been doing this for years. He is like thieves in my locality. They break into home naked at night and put enough oil on their body so that you can never catch them.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:27 pm

That is quintessential getting into technicalities man Very Happy Referring to Sports' post on Villareal that is.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:30 pm

Doc wrote:That is quintessential getting into technicalities man Very Happy Referring to Sports' post on Villareal that is.

Why? CL is an official competition. Just because you lose and get bumped to Europa doesn't mean it's not a loss in official competition.

Villareal were TERRIBLE against Monaco too. Completely outclassed. It was the time where they had the manager drama.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:33 pm

jibers wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Again, I define an attack as getting the ball into the final 1/3.  You disagree with my definition.  Every time Barca got the ball in the final 1/3 against City, they looked a threat to score imo.

The quote is above ffs. You said it. Had nothing to do with definitions. You denied your own words

Just admit you lied and got caught out. You flat out denied ever even saying that. Your words are there for all to see. How can you still deny it...

You define "attack" the way you see it...  I define it otherwise.  You want me to define every term i use in detail?  It's all subjective.

I'll say it again, every time Barca attacked (as I and probably many others define it), they looked a threat to score against City.  I'll keep saying it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:34 pm

Adit wrote:Jibbers is wasting his own time.

Sportzy has been doing this for years. He is like thieves in my locality. They break into home naked at night and put enough oil on their body so that you can never catch them.

Never seen anything like it. He actually lied about not saying those exact words when it's there for all to see.

it doesn't make any sense.
sportsczy wrote:
jibers wrote:

You define "attack" the way you see it...  I define it otherwise.  You want me to define every term i use in detail?  It's all subjective.

I'll say it again, every time Barca attacked, they looked a threat to score against City.  I'll keep saying it.  

And when i said you said that you denied it... ffs Sports why lie. read your own words!

it has nothing to do with definition. i repeated what you said and you denied saying it!

Last edited by jibers on Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:35 pm

sportsczy wrote:We're in first place too Laughing  And the only team in the major championships that's undefeated in all competitions no less...
strawman you said?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:37 pm

Not saying you're wrong but that is the very definition of getting into technicalities. You're correct, they have lost for the season already, twice so Zidane's Madrid would be the cheese that stands alone.

Yay.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:38 pm

TBH Madrid created enough chances to score 6 today. The team is playing well. Zidane is on a guillotine atm, he can't bench BBC it seems. Only mou had the balls/authority to do so. With CR not tracking back and Benz clearly still having fitness issues, the team might take a while to return to routing teams.

Varane atm seems to be making an unforced error every *bleep* game.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:46 pm

Right! Always seem to be doing one dumbass thing per match (or every other match). Annoying as fk honestly especially when he tends to play well usually (in my view anyway).
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:52 pm

jibers wrote:
Varane atm seems to be making an unforced error every *bleep* game.
This is getting on my bloody nerves. Alot of these late draws are as a result of him making unforced errors trying to be too cute. He is slowly morphing into Ramos with all these mistakes. He usually puts in 89 good minutes and then makes a bone headed mistakes and it takes away from his overall performance
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:54 pm

Last year I liked ZZ because he had the guts to make changes in favor to the squad, now BBC lacks sharpness yet they start each and every fing match.

Ronaldo has a legends status so he cannot be touched, Bale is the only guy out there that seems to be trying, while Benzema seems lost, just like every beginning of a season(bar last season), so until he gets his shit together, we try to play either Lucas or Morata, and let Benz come as a sub in which IMO would do great damage to an already tired opposition(a.k.a will be on the same fitness level).
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:30 pm

Doc wrote:That positional football under Pep sure went well for City today.
Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:35 pm

33% possession, 224 passes. They couldn't counter attack more clearly eveb if they tried to

As a comparison Atleti had 32% possession and 243 passes when they played Barca

Pep must've watched Carlo's/ZZ's RM on a loop. If he'd tried to play the Pep way Barca would've walked out with a 4-0 victory
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:42 pm

You still don't understand that possession is a tool and positional football is not about possession. You just don't get it, you are completely missing the point. Oh boy...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:44 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:You still don't understand that possession is a tool and positional football is not about possession. You just don't get it, you are completely missing the point. Oh boy...

City were finding the 3rd man in almost every attack Laughing

Barcelona were outplayed.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:46 pm

@Nick, Perhaps but with little sight of the ball I don't know how much "positional play" you can fit in. Provide examples from the game of what you meant because from the game all I saw was City pressing in their own half and countering. Just like 98% of the teams that play Barca

I am intrigued about this positional play you so clamour because if this (game) is what you meant then how is that different from how the way we play?
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:47 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Pep must've watched Carlo's/ZZ's RM on a loop. If he'd tried to play the Pep way Barca would've walked out with a 4-0 victory

He played the Pep way in both legs, only this time around, there was no Bravo to hand the victory to Barça.

11v11 and he smashed them.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:50 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Doc wrote:That positional football under Pep sure went well for City today.
Proud

Should have urged them to get a 4th goal otherwise, City beat them soundly. Positional football 1 - Zidane's cross tactics nil.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:52 pm

@DoC, Pep's way is a highline of defence, hogging the ball and pressing en mass in the opponent's half. City did none of that. They ceded possession, pressed only in their own half and played on the counter. The most anti-Pep they could've been. Pep knew this is the only way they could beat them. If he'd try and match them they would've gotten beat pretty quick
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:10 pm

i do not particularly like how a real madrid thread is filled with so many guardiola references
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next