Copa America 2016 USA - 3rd Place - USA vs Colombia

+2
Perucho21
BarrileteCosmico
6 posters

Go down

Copa America 2016 USA - 3rd Place - USA vs Colombia Empty Copa America 2016 USA - 3rd Place - USA vs Colombia

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:23 am

Didn't even know this was going on til now, may be the best team win!
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Copa America 2016 USA - 3rd Place - USA vs Colombia Empty Re: Copa America 2016 USA - 3rd Place - USA vs Colombia

Post by Perucho21 Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:58 am

What do USA fans see in Zardes? Hasn't impressed at all this copa America
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Copa America 2016 USA - 3rd Place - USA vs Colombia Empty Re: Copa America 2016 USA - 3rd Place - USA vs Colombia

Post by FalcaoPunch Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:21 am

Someone on twitter mentioned: "Gyasi Zardes is a great athlete who has no idea how to play soccer. #USAvCOL"
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:51 pm

Being a Liverpool supporter, the best way I can describe Zardes is to liken him to Dirk Kuyt. Obviously, Zardes is well below Kuyt in overall ability. However, there are significant parallels between the two. Both would describe themselves as strikers given their preference, but play(ed) mainly on the wing; both are lacking somewhat in technical ability, specifically in their first touch; both lack creativity in the final third; both have very good off-the-ball movement; both work their tails off attacking and defending; and both are willing to do whatever is asked of them by the manager.

As such, they are good players to have in the squad, as they bring an awful lot of the "workman-like" qualities that managers love. However, I don't think I'm being harsh in describing both as "limited" at the top level*.

*The term "top level" is meant to denote the player's top level. Here, again, Kuyt has the advantage of Gyassi, as his top level was with a CL final club and the Dutch National Team. Gyassi's top level is currently MLS and the USMNT. Advantage to Dirk...
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:04 pm

Partially agree on that analysis of Zardes. Lot of pace and he has an engine on him, but I still think he's at his best when played up top. Klinsmann uses him out wide in much the same way he uses Bedoya out wide: they are pacey workhorses that don't mind it.

With LA, Arena knows how to get the best out of him so some of his best games have come from him playing as a striker. For me, that's where his hype begins and probably ends. Saying that, we haven't seen that enough with USA and probably won't since Bobby Wood is making a name for himself there and then there's Jordan Morris likely coming too for qualifying not to mention Jozy.

Zardes will be a national team squad player, but as long as Klinsmann at the helm, I'm not sure he'll be anything more than that. Hard to know.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:46 pm

Didn't even watch. Can't be bothered with 3rd/4th placed games
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down