BarrileteCosmico
zigra
urbaNRoots
Jonathan28
RealGunner
18 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 12 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:10 pm

What a shame.

It sucks even more because it's one of the greatest fantasy series ever written. He is a unique author. basically the American Kentaro Miura

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

[BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate - Page 12 Empty Re: [BOOKS] Game of Thrones for the Literate

Post by M99 Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:49 pm

Sooooo...

Synopsis of season premiere has leaked. Its the stickied post in www.reddit.com/r/freefolk
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:31 am

Staying strong. Only 2 weeks away
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:41 am

Not touching that shit, it's so clooose.

Fucking HBO, do your job and stop these leaks!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 20, 2019 10:30 pm

Going to revive this thread now since we have so much to discuss.

Did we see GRRM's ending? i am not sure how i feel about that. It's obvious they will all go through different journey's to get to that point but i really am not sure if GRRM is making Bran the king.

Also if Jon really does return to the north...at least he will be back with Val.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon May 20, 2019 10:34 pm

Not 100% on Bran being king but I do see GRRM all over Dany, Arya, Sansa, Tyrion and Jon's endings. That's him for sure, flexibility on the details permitting.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 20, 2019 11:44 pm

I think we definitely got Jon and Dany's endings. Unsure about the others. I really doubt Rickon will die in TWOW and that would change things if he survives till the end. Cersei's ending will definitely be different. The show omitted the valonqar part of the prophecy in season 5, that will come in to play. Faceless Men won't be forgotten so unsure of Arya going west of Westeros. D&D could have just taken the idea after reading of Elissa Farman in World Of Ice And Fire.

Seen an interesting Jon = Azor Ahai theory.

He first tempered his sword into water and it broke: War against The Others (ice = frozen water).

He captured a lion and plunged his sword into its heart: War against the Lannisters.

He finally stabbed the heart of the woman he loved and created Lightbringer: Danaerys.

Basically Lightbringer = world peace.

fAegon is going to be really important. Think he will have a lot to do in turning Dany evil.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 20, 2019 11:56 pm

Yea I read a theory which makes a lot of sense. fAegon is the one who Daenerys will be at war with rather than Cersei. Think Cersei will die early on in TWOW.

It makes sense with the prophecy

A cloth dragon swayed on poles amidst a cheering crowd. From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire. . . . mother of dragons, slayer of lies . . .

That is basically fAegon. It will make A LOT more sense if she burns down KL while trying to defeat fAegon. It's possible she goes mad because the westeros will be in love with him and treat him like the true heir to the throne while him being fake. It probably won't be her intention to do it but she will do it because of jealously. It might even be that Euron teams up with him and binds down the dragon. which makes me think that perhaps Vactarion kills Euron in that battle just like how Jamie did?

in any case i have a feeling Jon won't actually see Daenerys as much in TWOW. Also think the others will be a constant threat that will remain till even after the war between Daenerys and fAegon. It makes a lot more sense for Jon to go back to the night's watch in the books. Used to think Jamie will be the 1000th LC but it feels like it will be Jon afterall.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue May 21, 2019 12:55 am

I think we only got Dany and Jon's ending. The rest is very much up for grabs. I think Aegon will take King's Landing, Stannis will take Winterfell, etc. Which means everything will be different. We may get to the same place, but the road there will be very different.

I think there will be plenty of value to continuing to read the books.

Personally still think all the prophecies are not coming true.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue May 21, 2019 7:57 am

I think Bran ends up on the Throne too on top of Jon killing Daenerys and the burning of King‘s Landing. Bran will be developed better as a character so it might even be a bit more bearable than the Bran we got in the show.

It’s clear to see that the post-WW big moments were all from GRRM as D&D wrote their way to that conclusion, it you look at how things had to happen. Jon killing Dany is the biggest spoiler for the books though.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Tue May 21, 2019 8:09 am

I'm far from convinced he really knows how he wants to end the books Laughing

But yeah Dany going mad and getting killed in the end was always one of the more likely theories so that seems even more likely now. Jon I don't know. Him surviving the series while not becoming king - sure I can see that but not so sure about returning to the nights watch after there's no proper need for them any longer.

Apart from that I agree most stuff is still up for grabs (not convinced by Bran even ever leaving the cave lmao but if he does I'm actually quite sure he won't just become a robot but probably just a "wise" man or something like that) and I'm sure the books will tell a completely different story.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue May 21, 2019 8:11 am

http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2019/05/20/an-ending/

Fucking hell he is never finishing it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue May 21, 2019 9:07 am

@m99 As I'm probably more of a traditionalist in regards to fantasy. It really bothered me that the reveal of the parentage basically was a red herring.

If Jon's ending is supposed to be the same, do you guys think it'll end up resolving in the same way?

I know GRRM liked deconstruct things, but I really like narratives with prophecies and chosen one stories.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 26, 2019 12:49 am

https://news.miami.edu/stories/2019/05/the-historian-of-westeros.html

Elio thinks there is hope of something "sooner than later"

An early 2020 release doesn't seem impossible at this point
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 26, 2019 9:14 am

Whenever he finishes, it will be published in three months.

Which is bad, let them take six months. There is no show to beat now and the rushed editing of ADWD ended up being pretty bad. They a probably afraid of hype decreasing as more time passes after the end of the show.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun May 26, 2019 9:23 am

Either way it'll never sell as well as it would have in the 2016 winter when the show ended with Jon Snow's death and everyone was eager to know how the story continues.

I can't believe it's 3 years since that big update GRRM gave us, the man thought he was FINISHING it in October 2015. How do you go 3 years of not finishing it from there? He must have scraped the whole thing from the beginning, there's no other explanation.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri May 31, 2019 1:19 am

Big book spoilers.

Spoiler:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 31, 2019 1:43 am

I mean, isn't that what everyone took from the final episode? When something that random happens it's because it was one of the 'checklist' items D&D needed to hit, not because it came from the storytelling
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:37 pm

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/books/1211761/Game-of-Thrones-Book-6-George-RR-Martin-Winds-of-Winter-release-date-HBO-fans/amp

Anyone belive it? Anyone still cares?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:15 pm

express is a clickbait rag. I am sure you can find an article which will tell you half life 3 is releasing in a year or something

here is something more concrete

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/dvrhle/spoilers_extended_george_rr_martin_expecting_to/

but nah lost all excitement.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:36 pm

So anyone here that has read Fire and Blood and wants to have a spoilerific discussion of HOTD?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:39 pm

I have. It was a lot more interesting a read than I thought it was given I was always really lukewarm to the Targaryens. I'm still pretty lukewarm on them tbh.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:05 pm

I read it. Seems like they've mostly stuck true to the source other than a few casting choices
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:45 pm

I'm so excited to see all the characters that are going to be introduced.

Daeron The Daring, Nettles, Cregan Stark, Dalton Greyjoy, Johanna Lannister, Bloody Ben Blackwood and rest of the Lads, Black Aly Blackwood, Alys Rivers, Rodrick Dustin etc.

Fingers crossed they aren't cut or merged.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:07 pm

Yeah all of those are hype AF. Although bloody ben already got introduced technically
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Oct 29, 2022 12:32 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah all of those are hype AF. Although bloody ben already got introduced technically

That couldn't have been him, the ages don't match. He was a teenager during the Dance.

Btw the showrunner, official HBO family tree and GRRM all confirmed Daeron bounce
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next