Italian National Team worst ever since after Superga?

+19
Lord Awesome
VivaStPauli
Hapless_Hans
Katy Perry
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Casciavit
sportsczy
flameas
titosantill
BarrileteCosmico
S
Kaladin
Andrew
Turok_TTZ
Robespierre
Luca
farfan
rincon
breva
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Italian National Team worst ever since after Superga? - Page 3 Empty Re: Italian National Team worst ever since after Superga?

Post by rincon Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:22 pm

Germany's weakpoint is their defense. Among the big teams the only defense that came close was Spain. France's defense I'd say is better than Germany's as well.

Germany will be extremely dangerous with their mid and forwards, not so much their defense.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Italian National Team worst ever since after Superga? - Page 3 Empty Re: Italian National Team worst ever since after Superga?

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:29 pm

Our defense is crap.  Rami-Koscielny ffs.  We lost Varane, Sakho, Zouma, Mathieu and Laporte all to injury.  Rami is horrible.

In fact, since he's suspended, it looks like we're going to start Umtiti, which will be his first start ever for the NT.

Sagna and Evra are ok but not very good.  They basically don't attack because they don't have the legs to get back.  They only attack when the team absolutely needs to get a goal. Since we don't play 3 CBs behind them, they are exposed if they get caught too far.

Losing Lass has been a problem too not to mention Benzema being suspended.

France just has a lot of issues for this tournament. I don't think we can beat a really good team given all this.

Last edited by sportsczy on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:30 pm

juvealbanian wrote:Threads like this must be locked and who posted this must be banned...
Naw. You can always use threads like this to make fun of the people who didn't see the light (but please not in an insulting way) ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:32 pm

rincon wrote:Germany's weakpoint is their defense. Among the big teams the only defense that came close was Spain. France's defense I'd say is better than Germany's as well.

Germany will be extremely dangerous with their mid and forwards, not so much their defense.

I take it back. Just realized Mertesacker's not in this tournament. :facepalm:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:Our defense is crap.  Rami-Koscielny ffs.  We lost Varane, Sakho, Zouma, Mathieu and Laporte all to injury.  Rami is horrible.

In fact, since he's suspended, it looks like we're going to start Umtiti, which will be his first start ever for the NT.

Sagna and Evra are ok but not very good.  They basically don't attack because they don't have the legs to get back.  They only attack when the team absolutely needs to get a goal.  Since we don't play 3 CBs behind them, they are exposed if they get caught too far.

Losing Lass has been a problem too not to mention Benzema being suspended.

France just has a lot of issues for this tournament.  I don't think we can beat a really good team given all this.

That's pretty defetist IMO.

Rami's not the best but he's not a soft Defender, at least. He's decent, IMO and Koscielny I rate in very high esteem. Slightly better than Mexes ever was, surely. Evra moves, still, but I agree he's getting old and Sagna I never really rated much but he's experienced and is not too shaky. I'm surprised Debuchy's not present. hmm

Last edited by Lord Awesome on Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:39 pm

The 2010 team was by far the worst team. Nothing comes close.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:50 pm

i keep forgetting that 2010 team ever existed
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:14 pm

sportsczy wrote:  Rami is horrible.

I beg to differ. He just needs to spend time with Klosielny in middle. CBs are partners and more time they play with each other they get better.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:15 pm

I had forgotten that I started this thread and was going to berate the OP. Oh well.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:18 pm

rofl
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:19 pm

titosantill wrote:i keep forgetting that 2010 team ever existed

I've convinced myself that 2010 never happened as a Frenchman... so Italy 2010 never existed for me.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:23 pm

sportsczy wrote:
titosantill wrote:i keep forgetting that 2010 team ever existed

I've convinced myself that 2010 never happened as a Frenchman... so Italy 2010 never existed for me.

deal
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3