Perucho21
futbol_bill
BarcaLearning
Warrior
halamadrid2
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Uefa Champions League team of the season Empty Uefa Champions League team of the season

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 30, 2016 3:59 pm

Now that the CL is done and dusted who do you pick in your team of the season.

Let me start us off:

Goalie: Tough choice, I feel the top performers this season were Navas, Oblak and Hart. I want to pick Navas for his sheer brilliance and helping us only concede 6 goals this season. However, Oblak against Bayern was the best individual performance this season. Despite how good Navas is, he didnt have that many saves to make because as people love to remind us we had an easy path to the final. Hart like Oblak had some incredible individual performances but none reminiscent of that semi second leg masterclass of Oblak. Therefore, my pick for GK is Oblak

Right back: I think Juanfran edges out all the other RBs this CL season. He was the most consistent RB this season who even shipped in with a couple of assists himself

Centrebacks: The best CBs this season were clearly Godin and Ramos. Godin has a bunch of u21s as CB partners and he makes them look decent. Ramos as usual with his clutch goal and turning up his performances when it mattered. The best CB (after Pepe) in the second half of the season

Left back: There arent many decent LBs out there. This season I feel Marcelo edged out Filipe Luis as the best LB both in CL and the season as a whole. Marcelo is a rare breed that should be relished until he declines. Luis I feel turns over the ball too much and was turned inside out by good winger like Costa, Coman and Bale and also Alves who kept giving him a hard time. Aside from Salah I dont think Marcelo struggled against any wingers we met

Defensive midfielder: Gabi for me edges out Busquets here. He was unreal this CL against every single team in the knock out stages including the final. Will probably not get any recognition though

Center midfielders: Vidal was incredible for Bayern and their near remondata was because of his unbelievable fight and willingness to put himself on the line for his team. Such a shame that his post-match comments was that of a sore loser. For me Modric takes the other CM spot. Incredible player who controlls the rythm of RM and effortlessly glides past players to start counters. It nearly paid off against Atleti but Benz happened. Koke has not played enough as a CM for me to even be in contention. Even if he had I am unlikely to have changed my views though

RW: Hard to choose this position. Messi for me was alittle dissapointing this CL. Cuadrado was excellent for Juve but they went out too early for me to include him in the team of the season. Despite weirdly enough not scoring any goals, Bale was flawless this season. Creating chances, beating players, assisting and defending he did it all. Like Gabi he is probably not going to get any recognition for it. Keep it up son

Striker: Despite all his goals I dont think Suarez deserves to be in the team of the season over Griezmann who was the reason Atleti advances past the 2 tournament favourites Barca and Bayern. He shat his pant in the final but it is understandably considering it was his first CL at Atleti. Suarez was excellent too though he like many of his team mates was alittle underwhelming against Atleti over the 2 legs

LW: It is hard to find anyone more worthy than Ronaldo in this position. He was incredibly underwhelming for the most part but kept scoring and literally put RM on his shoulders to get them into the semi final. That alone will probably be enough for his 4th Balon d'or Laughing

Coach: Although ZZ worked wonders in the little time he has been with RM nothing can outshine Simeone's achievements for Atleti. They were incredibly unlucky in both CL finals but they will get it soon if he sticks around. He for me is the best coach in the world

Oblak
Juanfran-Godin-Ramos-Marcelo
Vidal-Gabi-Modric
Bale-Griezmann-Ronaldo

What do you guys think. Who were the best performers in CL this season
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Uefa Champions League team of the season Empty Re: Uefa Champions League team of the season

Post by Warrior Mon May 30, 2016 4:48 pm

Oblak
Juanfran-Godin-Ramos-F. Luis
Modric-Gabi
Messi-Muller-CR7
Griezmann

this year i think its hard to choose a wide range of player since the CL was kind of flat.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Uefa Champions League team of the season Empty Re: Uefa Champions League team of the season

Post by BarcaLearning Mon May 30, 2016 4:58 pm

The awful showing final penalty shootout should rule Oblak out, it was just awful, absolute contrast to Navas... who tbf didnt make a save, but u at least feel his presence, Oblak just seemed to inexperienced and small in the shootout.... maybe hes just bad at that?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon May 30, 2016 5:12 pm

When you pick Olbak, I guess you don't take into account the shootouts? He was pathetic against both PSG and Real.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 30, 2016 5:27 pm

Nope no shootouts which are a lottery tbf. He saved Muller's penalty didnt he or did he miss the goal completely I cant remember. Oblak was huge for his team, Navas made routine saves that he should be making given his quality
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon May 30, 2016 5:32 pm

Bill it's PSV lol
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon May 30, 2016 7:00 pm

Uefa Champions League team of the season EcBSLY8
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 30, 2016 7:15 pm

Navas
Enrique-Godin-Ramos-Alaba
Modric-Vidal-Pogba
Bale-Suarez-Griezmann

That's how i saw it this season.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon May 30, 2016 7:17 pm

N
halamadrid2 wrote:Nope no shootouts which are a lottery tbf. He saved Muller's penalty didnt he or did he miss the goal completely I cant remember. Oblak was huge for his team, Navas made routine saves that he should be making given his quality

No he didn't. I really doubt if he has ever even come close to stopping one. Very very poor movement and highly predicable. The only stops he is getting credit for is when the shooter missed, lol.

One of the strengths of Iker and now Navas, is they are staistically good for at least 1 stop in 5. the moment, the game went to shoot out, I knew for sure we had it. It may be a lottery in your opinion, but it a game of nerves and GK ability to challenge shooters. Given Olbak went thru this twice in tournament and both times flundered badly, how in the world can he be considered top GK of tournament. Sometimes I find your reasoning defies logic!

And all but one are from finalists! How realistic is that. It just shows that you only watched Madrid games!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon May 30, 2016 7:22 pm

Navas
Carvajal - Godin - Ramos - Luis
Thiago - Pobga - Willian
Messi - Griezmann - Neymar
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon May 30, 2016 7:40 pm

futbol_bill wrote:N
halamadrid2 wrote:Nope no shootouts which are a lottery tbf. He saved Muller's penalty didnt he or did he miss the goal completely I cant remember. Oblak was huge for his team, Navas made routine saves that he should be making given his quality

No he didn't. I really doubt if he has ever even come close to stopping one. Very very poor movement and highly predicable. The only stops he is getting credit for is when the shooter missed, lol.

One of the strengths of Iker and now Navas, is they are staistically good for at least 1 stop in 5. the moment, the game went to shoot out, I knew for sure we had it. It may be a lottery in your opinion, but it a game of nerves and GK ability to challenge shooters. Given Olbak went thru this twice in tournament and both times flundered badly, how in the world can he be considered top GK of tournament. Sometimes I find your reasoning defies logic!

And all but one are from finalists! How realistic is that. It just shows that you only watched Madrid games!

I agree that shootouts are not just a lottery but in the end I think it's a weak argument when Navas didn't save a penalty.

Oh and I wouldn't put many players from non-final teams in it either. People putting in players whose teams went out in the quarter finals. What a joke. How can you be in the top team of the competition if you only played in the scrub stages ffs.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon May 30, 2016 8:06 pm

Thiago? Kid was the definition of a flat-track bully in this campaign. Disappeared in all tough games, and was MOTM in all the laughable pairings.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon May 30, 2016 8:14 pm

Oblak
Juanfran-Godin-Ramos-F.Luis
Modric-Gabi
Bale-Suarez-Cristiano
Griezmann
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon May 30, 2016 8:31 pm

Oblak
Juanfran - Godin - Ramos - F.Luis
D.Costa - Modric - Gabi - Cristiano
Griezmann - Lewandowski

Last edited by Casciavit on Mon May 30, 2016 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon May 30, 2016 8:52 pm

sportsczy wrote:Navas
Modric-Vidal-Pogba
Bale-Suarez-Griezmann

How does Pogba get in and not Ronaldo ? hmm

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 30, 2016 8:58 pm

farfan wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Navas
Modric-Vidal-Pogba
Bale-Suarez-Griezmann

How does Pogba get in and not Ronaldo ? hmm

You can't have more than 3 forwards in any top 11 setup.  To me, Bale, Suarez and Griezmann were more impactful. Pogba is part of the midfield 3 and Ronaldo is not in competition with him.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon May 30, 2016 9:06 pm

I just don't think Pogba who existed the competition  very early  should be in  there ahead of the likes  of Gabi .

I'd put Gabi at DM in that midfield and replace Pogba with one of Modric and Vidal .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon May 30, 2016 9:10 pm

Navas
Juanfran - Godin - Barzagali - F.Luis
D.Costa - Modric - casemiro/gabi - saul
Griezmann - Suarez

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 30, 2016 9:16 pm

Oblak
Juanfran Godin Pepe Felipe Luis
Modric Gabi Vidal
Ronaldo Griezeman Bale
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 30, 2016 9:19 pm

Lots of love from Hala for recognising Pepe's incredible CL campaign :bow:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 30, 2016 9:22 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Thiago? Kid was the definition of a flat-track bully in this campaign. Disappeared in all tough games, and was MOTM in all the laughable pairings.

Thiago was absolutely, shockingly terrible in the Atletico first leg, and accordingly benched in the 2nd leg. Whoscored Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 30, 2016 9:24 pm

Yeah, Pepe showed me (yet again and again) why despite his despicable nature, he can be, and still, is a very good defender.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 30, 2016 9:27 pm

Thiago was genuinely fantastic away at Juve though, and also when he came on in the 2nd leg.

Not exactly a laughable pairing, in fact the best opponent we played against.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue May 31, 2016 1:51 am

Suarez is the only 1 of the MSN deserves a place on the team.

The embarrassment that Messi and Nerman displayed in this years CL need not be forgotten.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue May 31, 2016 1:57 am

Harmonica wrote:Uefa Champions League team of the season EcBSLY8

Krychowiac ? Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum