Dante
Kaladin
Cruijf
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Empoli-Milan - Page 3 Empty Re: Empoli-Milan

Post by Dante Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:54 pm

That's exactly what i am thinking about Saponara as well . That said.. it's difficult to be 100% sure yet . But yeah i am thinking the exact same , he very much looks provincial material to me. In his defense he does play very well for Empoli , so you never really know where it may lead him.

I also agree he isn't lighting up Serie A or anything like that , nevertheless Juventus were rumored to be interested in him . In the end , i can't really care about Saponara , since he couldn't make it at Milan . And truth be told , we can have better than Saponara actually , so meh , whatever .

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:16 am

Sorry you had a bad day man. I hadn't read this until now.

Regarding Saponara, I tend to think that he's another one of those players who was unlucky to be cut from our team when other mediocre players who never had any potential to get better were kept on. I'm not sure it was all his fault either - when was he ever actually played in his preferred position? I'm not sold on him being "provinciale" when you compare him to some of the small-time legends on our team.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:40 pm

I am glad you understand .

As for Saponara , you are of course right in saying he didn't have it any easier during the particular period he was in Milan . It's also true he barely ever played in his position at all , i think only Seedorf used him mainly as a trequartista when we played 4-2-3-1 and even that was only for a few games , mainly as a substitute . He must have also played as 10 for Allegri too a couple of times , and only as a substitute .

It was never enough playing time and it wasn't playing time afforded to regular players. Wasn't seen as such in Milan and he couldn't convince his coaches of the contrary . However , even in these games , i don't remember watching the player we see today . He didn't make the dribbles and moves we saw/see at Empoli . Didn't try through balls and was generally very cautious , too cautious . Probably didn't want to make many mistakes and that restricted him. While i can't go against him when himself says he was to blame , i must also agree that when a player doesn't feel trusted , he'll never show the player he is. So i can easily agree at least some things weren't on him .

While he did get some chances , only Seedorf actually believed in him . Allegri wanted him but with that season being turbulent , he barely had the time , or need to push him through like he did with other youngsters , there were other much more pressing matters. He then was sacked. I do think the coaching changes and all this time Milan barely using the trequartista role , we have mostly been playing 4-3-3 , all that was on our side .

After all that , Saponara also didn't impress that much in training either. Fast forward to his time at Empoli , he looks a completely different player , nothing like he was at Milan. You can understand us coming to that conclusion , since many other players had done the same and ended up playing in the Atalantas and Sampdorias of Serie A in their best years . He has quality truth be told , yet the pressure in Empoli compared to Milan is nothing. They made him a regular player from day 1 , didn't even have to try to displace anyone. Different ball game altogether .

Finally , although i wish we had a good 10 myself , Saponara maybe wasn't the one for us. Mainly his fault , some of that falls on Milan , so be it , it didn't work out . We should be looking forward and just learn from this one. Saponara also has to prove he can exist and be someone in a big club with all the pressure it goes with , for the moment he's only proving he can be himself only in provincial environment , where he's given the nod no matter what . Can't say i don't wish he was with us right now , but it's what it is .

Thankfully there are many talented 10s out there , so .. it's very unfortunate it didn't work out , hopefully the next one will be a more pleasant scenario .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum: