Back to top Go down

Empoli-Milan - Page 2 Empty Re: Empoli-Milan

Post by Dante Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:15 pm

Cruijf wrote:We need a real RW badly

Perotti hmm

Pls no Niang on the right wing again , at least not in 4-4-2

Cruijf wrote:Balotelli coming in

Was hoping he was subd in sooner than he did , had enough of Niang tbh

Also i've been really pleased with Montolivo's ball winning lately . He's been reading the game like a boss. He doesn't have any room for mistake since he can't make up with his lack of pace . I've noticed his positioning has also been better .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:17 pm

Balo rofl
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:21 pm

I gotta say, Bertolacci's actually had a good game
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:26 pm

agreed

Mario needs games sadly , he's not in form
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:38 pm

FT 2-2

2 points lost for us, 1 gained for them..or is it the other way around? Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:40 pm

Other way around I think lol, they were the ones that probably looked more likely to get a winner.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:42 pm

Yeah, we are lucky to get away with a draw.

Sigh another season of mediocrity.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:42 pm

There were plenty of positives we can take from this game, but it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth watching us play like that. That was a mid table clash if I've seen one, scrappy play and sub par defending. We are a long way from the top.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:50 pm

https://twitter.com/antony_dibe/status/691013783951646721 Laughing

No idea why he was subbed in instead of Mexes, its like Sinisa doesn't want to learn, didn't Mexes have a positive imp act when he was subbed on v Lazio? And, why did Balo get subbed instead of LA? At least LA has scored some match winners off the bench, Balo hasn't played for months...
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:16 pm

Damn Mario .

how could he miss that . wow

No doubt whatsoever , the shitter against Fiorentina was no bad luck. Mario is badly off form . He was clearly pissed because he couldn't play like he wanted to.

2-2 FT , sigh .

Truth be told , we started the 2nd half with a fine display , but soon after our goal Empoli were clearly the better team for all the rest. It seems 2 halfs of football is too hard to expect from this Milan. Even against Fiorentina all we did was sit back basically and try to counter whenever they did a mistake.

This Milan isn't anything special , but fk me if we can't play 2 good halfs of football in a row . It's painful to admit , but this has been the case for so many games in a row now. That said , our defense let us down today . In attack we did our job after all , in defense not at all .

Won't blame individuals , since the entire team didn't keep up in intensity . Also , i've come to believe , the way Mihajlovic wants us to sit back every time any opponent has the ball , it takes something away from the players momentum . Transitioning from quick paced direct onward play to sitting deep and defending in numbers , some time for extensive periods during a game , and non stop at that , isn't easy and imho it does take it's toll on the players . I believe we severely lack in stability because of it , the players don't transition that well most of the time.

Anyway , rather disappointing result , but i must admit we weren't worthy of a win tonight , and i already know Mihajlovic will say we were.. We certainly did not deserve to win today . Playing 1/3 good football doesn't make you worthy of a win , and i take particular issue with this provinciale mentality of Sinisterovic and also flat out talking about how we should 'have the intensity levels of a provincial team' . In other words , sit deep all day and only counter .

Frankly , i deeply hate that kind of approach . You can make counters your main weapon and still play great football , one doesn't exclude the other. The best way to win games isn't necessarily having more possession , or counter attacking more , but to actually play football . Sitting deep for 2/3 of the game and trying to hit on counter , as if Milan were Empoli , is simply a disgrace for Milan . Sinisterovic obviously doesn't see it that way . Inzaghi didn't either .

To put an end to the post , i am not saying we should stop defending deep , it actually covers a lot of our weaknesses and allows for some nice counter attacks to unfold , sometimes. But we really , really must balance it out with pressing higher up the field , actually the better way to counter attack . We can also balance it out by keeping the ball more sometimes . All things that are HIS responsibility to figure out and manage it accordingly , pre and during games.

This situation of always sitting deep and defending against literally any bloke in Serie A is extremely distasteful for Milan. There needs to be balance , elsewise i am afraid Mihajlovic is a goner and carefree of what anyone thinks of this , i understand if Berlusconi complains about this. I will reiterate once more , to be sure i made my point obvious. I am not saying we shouldn't do this at all , we shouldn't do this always , that's the problem. There must be balance and there isn't , and that's not on the players actually , that's like fully , 100% on Sinisa .

Doesn't he realize giving all this time and chances to opponents will eventually bite him back in the ass ?? Nowadays any team has players who can hurt you , its' not wise to give them so much room to try their hand at it.

All in all , we may get results this way , but will we ever get a consistent run that will see us legitimately compete for a EL place ? I can assure you we will not , not playing like this . It works , but since there's no balance between pressing and possession , it's inconsistent , ugly and the players lose their momentum after extensive periods of sitting back and lacking the ball . Some players take more than 4 minutes to even touch the ball , it's simply fatal and inexcusable .

We can't go on like this , Sinisterovic must balance it out and straight away , i must say .

Last edited by Dante on Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:19 pm

ES wrote:https://twitter.com/antony_dibe/status/691013783951646721 Laughing

No idea why he was subbed in instead of Mexes, its like Sinisa doesn't want to learn, didn't Mexes have a positive imp act when he was subbed on v Lazio? And, why did Balo get subbed instead of LA? At least LA has scored some match winners off the bench, Balo hasn't played for months...

lol...

Heh? Mexes wasn't even called up for the game. Balo i agree now , would probably disagree during the game. In hindsight i agree , but really , Luiz isn't that a good fit next to Bacca .

Then again , the way we played in the 2nd half , you could have put anyone next to Bacca , wouldn't have made much of a difference .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:32 pm

Ah thought he was called up, my b

I agree with what you said, we're a team of 2 halves, the players started the 2nd half well but then got into a mentality as if like their parents signed them up to play. Inconsistency in intensity, hesitation one moment then convinction the next (by that time its too late)

Boateng changed the game when he came on (starting to become a regularity), if he's 100% fit against Inter I don't see why he shouldn't start imo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:52 pm

ES wrote:Ah thought he was called up, my b

I agree with what you said, we're a team of 2 halves, the players started the 2nd half well but then got into a mentality as if like their parents signed them up to play. Inconsistency in intensity, hesitation one moment then convinction the next (by that time its too late)

Boateng changed the game when he came on (starting to become a regularity), if he's 100% fit against Inter I don't see why he shouldn't start imo

I am fully convinced this is because of the way Sinisa has us sit deep all this time in games against literally anybody . You can't transition well continuously playing like this , the play suffers a lot for it , and it's no surprise we lack stability in our game. It takes it's toll on the players , when you don't touch the ball after 3m you start to calm down , of course they can't keep intensity . Like i said , we severely need to balance our game out , this won't do i am certain of it.

Like , you can do this in a certain particular game , sure. If you prepare for it , like we very obviously did against Fiorentina. But actually wanting to play like this all season , as if you're a team fighting for relegation , or just not to lose , it's simply inexcusable for Milan . This Milan may not be anything special , but they are capable of playing 2 good halfs of football in a row . Like i said 1-2 weeks ago in the section about Sinisa in his thread , even Empoli plays better than us and why , didn't it fully show tonight ? I am just losing patience with this , i didn't suddently take notice now , been a while now it bugs me . And frankly i have no clue if it will change with Mihajlovic , because it got him results.

And it will still get him results , not consistently of course , no real progress , just like any provincial team manages , win here and there , finish mid/low table. I cannot believe how he does not realize that he's risking his job doing this , doing this in Milan , of all teams. Like one of the main reasons Inzaghi was sacked was this. Lmao . Like , play whatever formation you want , 4-3-1-2 / 4-3-3 and whatever , if he still has the team to be like this we won't make it to EL .

I totally agree on Boateng , he stole the ball , played nice quick passes , moved into position , he's really trying his best all this time. But sadly , i don't think he will be ready just yet for the derby. Hopefully he gets more minutes into the 2nd half , i think we can realistically expect that.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:59 pm

Cruijf wrote:There were plenty of positives we can take from this game, but it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth watching us play like that. That was a mid table clash if I've seen one, scrappy play and sub par defending. We are a long way from the top.

I fully agree and i will also add , we aren't a long way from the top.

We have absolutely nothing to do with the top , really . Not playing like this. To reach the top one must play football .

Sinisterovic having Milan sitting back all day to counter attack fkn Barba and have the nerve to expect to reach top places is sincerely beyond me Laughing

I deeply hope he balances it all out , like , it's not even that he will be fired if he goes on like this , we'll be losing on EL once more. We can of course continue to defend in numbers and deeply , but not always , not all the time , not against everybody . It's simply unacceptable for Milan .

You just don't get even EL with 2/3 not playing football , it's that very simple really , let alone anything better than that.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:02 am

It has to be said, doesn't it? Why do Empoli have Saponara? How did we allow another great young player to leave? Predictably, he messed our game up (and probably took great pleasure in doing so). :brickwall:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:11 am

Dante wrote:Also i've been really pleased with Montolivo's ball winning lately . He's been reading the game like a boss. He doesn't have any room for mistake since he can't make up with his lack of pace . I've noticed his positioning has also been better .

@OptaPaolo twitter
https://twitter.com/optapaolo

Montolivo has had the most recoveries (189) and the most interceptions (75) among outfield players in Serie A 2015-16. Captain.

:bow:

Best at DM in a midfield 3 ? moar 4-4-2

(:

As fast as Alex ? play CM

(:

best long balls in the team ? gets ball in the middle of the pitch 90% of the time , ty 4-4-2

(:

most clearances & interceptions in the league and best passer in the team ? gets shit on by 99% of Milan fans

(:
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:34 am

Classic use of one stat to make a player seem better than he really is. When you look at his game on the whole, his contribution is almost insignificant compared to the elite midfielders in Serie A.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:15 pm

Its 2 stats (:

More like you refusing to give the slightest of credit when it's due. Also , it's amusing how you downplay it all.

You went as far as to call it all 'just one stat' , when for example that one stat is the only reason someone like De Jong and countless other gems like him even exist in football rofl , but also compared him to elite Serie A midfielders to point out what exactly ? Elite midfielders play in the best teams , but that's irrelevant i guess ? When you say his contribution is insignificant compared to the elite midfielders of Serie A , which is what , Pogba and Pjanic , totally comparable of course , especially when you look at their teams- , no matter how you wish to pain it .. you certainly do not look at his game as a whole , and even if you think you do , you just don't understand certain things .

Frankly i barely ever used stats to make a point unless asked to and i won't start now either , so your classic use of one stat to make a player seem better than he really is falls ridiculously short . If i wanted to make him look better i'd have made a dedicated post about it like i always do and would nevertheless have been strictly plain about it in any case , again like i always do. If anything that was merely a semi-serious 'just saying' . You just shit on something commendable and would be so regardless of player . If anything close to this came from some young lad we'd never hear the end of it from you specifically , but now it's ill intent flattering to deceive with stats , about a player who apparently his contribution is insignificant compared to 2 great but different kind of players in Serie A , as if that matters to Milan or makes any sense whatsoever . Classic use my ass , you're just a hater who can't spare one good word for something positive about a player in his team , that's some classic use of bias , hate or ignorance . Likely all three tbh.

In any case , what i wanted to say still holds merit , Montolivo could do an even better job as DM in a midfield 3 and that's basically all i really cared to point out tbh.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:37 am

Alright , eh Forza , i may have been unfairly aggressive and when i say may i certainly have been a douchebag about it. For that , for what little it's worth , i want to apologize for the unnecessarily harsh tone and poor taste of the post .

Truth is i had a really testing day yesterday . I heard some terrible news and was uncharacteristically agitated all day , i guess some of the frustration escaped me. I am genuinely sorry for that . I know it's no excuse for being unreasonably harsh , not a good one at least .. just don't take it personally ? It had nothing to do with you , or anything you said really .

As for the post , you don't like/rate Montolivo or what is it , it's ok in the end . I also do the same with players in Milan or otherwise , i know i shouldn't have responded like that , it was in really poor taste. I just felt the need to apologize for this , thankfully i didn't post anything else yesterday lol .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:42 pm

Forza wrote:It has to be said, doesn't it? Why do Empoli have Saponara? How did we allow another great young player to leave? Predictably, he messed our game up (and probably took great pleasure in doing so). :brickwall:

Saponara has said that his failure in Milan was his fault and his fault alone. Fact of the matter is, when he was here he barely showed glimpses of his talent and was frankly quite lazy on the field. Sure it's great that he's doing well now at empoli but he still hasn't shown anything to suggest that he'd be just as effective in a big team.

Plus it's not like he's lighting up serie a. He's playing well but he has provinciale written all over him.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:54 pm

That's exactly what i am thinking about Saponara as well . That said.. it's difficult to be 100% sure yet . But yeah i am thinking the exact same , he very much looks provincial material to me. In his defense he does play very well for Empoli , so you never really know where it may lead him.

I also agree he isn't lighting up Serie A or anything like that , nevertheless Juventus were rumored to be interested in him . In the end , i can't really care about Saponara , since he couldn't make it at Milan . And truth be told , we can have better than Saponara actually , so meh , whatever .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next