CL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview - Page 4 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview

+15
Sina
Twoism
getdarker
silver
The Demon of Carthage
mani88
Lucifer
El Gunner
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
Sri
Jay29
Raptorgunner
Myesyats
Hapless_Hans
19 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

CL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: CL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview

Post by Sri Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:41 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
srigooner wrote:In the unlikely scenario that Arsenal do end up winning this, against all sense of logic and reason and expectation, I can only come to the conjecture that the Fraudiola (no pretense wrt how much I dislike him) was simply doing a big, big favor to (what RG reckons will be) his future club.

Give yourselves some credit, dude. You won fair and square. Congratulations.

Wenger won the battle of intelligence tonight. Pep can go back to thrashing scrubs in the Bundi.

Oh I prefer saving credits till the final whistle. Smile

Thanks for your pleasant words here, in the mean time! Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

CL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview - Page 4 Empty Re: CL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:41 pm

LADSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 pm

Bellerin MOTM,
1st min he knicked the ball off Lewa's toes
Last min he provides to ozil to seal the game.
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:42 pm

Also, special mention to Theo and all those doubters who argued with me at the beginning of the season about how important he will be this season.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:43 pm

Pep got schooled by Professor Proud

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:43 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Playing ourselves to sleep :facepalm:

Great last half hour by Arsenal. Overall great defending too.

Don't worry, we'll definitely do the bending over when we visit in a couple of weeks.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:44 pm

https://vine.co/v/e9E9TqBdx5F

savage
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:Pep got schooled by Professor Proud

That's a tad too far Laughing

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:44 pm

FFS we're still bottom of the table on H2H :facepalm:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:49 pm

Let's get this out the way: Bayern were robbed and can feel hard done by. The refs missed a blatant pen at the end of the first half, and Giroud's goal was handball. We got a huge load of luck.

Nonetheless, a great win for us. We set out from the start to defend and counter and we did it well. Early on we weren't compact enough and Bayern were getting a lot of room on the edge of our box, but Cech made a great save. Our counter-attacks were good, but we didn't take advantage of the pace we had. Then Neuer makes that save/Walcott misses a great chance.

The second half saw us have less threat on the break. For some reason, though, Douglas Costa swapped flanks. He was roasting Bellerin all throughout the first half and that looked like Bayern's best bet of scoring, but they swapped him over and tried to get Muller in behind Monreal. Fortunately Monreal was outstanding.

In a way, that might have contributed to the second goal. Bellerin had less defending to do, and could reserve some energy for that last burst of pace at the end of the game.

Wenger had a great game. Got his tactics right and made the right subs. Giroud bullied Bayern's defence when he came on, and Alexis had a terrible game and was losing the ball in poor areas.

It was a great collective effort. Cech and Monreal were our best players, Alexis our worst. Bellerin had a poor game defensively but made a big difference offensively.

Just need to do it all again in Germany now Proud

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by getdarker Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:53 pm

Absolutely buzzing
getdarker
getdarker
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:56 pm

Yeap credit to our players but we were lucky. I guess to beat this Bayer side, every team needs some luck and we had it today. Now to do it in Germany Smile
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:57 pm

One of our best performance of the season. Easily.

Tactics were absolutely spot on.

We can get 9 points lads from zagreb n olympiacos wins. We can do this ffs
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:00 pm

From 1-2 points to 9 points quite a jump hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:01 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Let's get this out the way: Bayern were robbed and can feel hard done by. The refs missed a blatant pen at the end of the first half, and Giroud's goal was handball. We got a huge load of luck.

Meh. Only ourselves to blame.

GoonerJay29 wrote:
The second half saw us have less threat on the break. For some reason, though, Douglas Costa swapped flanks. He was roasting Bellerin all throughout the first half and that looked like Bayern's best bet of scoring, but they swapped him over and tried to get Muller in behind Monreal. Fortunately Monreal was outstanding.

In a way, that might have contributed to the second goal. Bellerin had less defending to do, and could reserve some energy for that last burst of pace at the end of the game.

Wenger had a great game. Got his tactics right and made the right subs. Giroud bullied Bayern's defence when he came on, and Alexis had a terrible game and was losing the ball in poor areas.

didn't get either why Costa went to the right.

About the tactics being spot on, weeeell I don't know. I think the switch from sitting back to pressing worked great in the first half.
Still don't think the absolute passivity, sitting back over large stretches was a good thing. You were lucky we weren't sharp enough, and most of all you had an outstanding central defensive unit in Merte, Koscielny and Cech.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:06 pm

Reading Jay's post, I realized where my cynicism had gone. Razz

No, we have enough games where refs shit on us. I do not feel sorry one bit for Fraudiola or his team feeling hard done in any way. To do so, in my opinion, is taking credit away from the performance our lads put in.

I said it after Watford. I wanted to see a performance worthy of pride. And the lads put in that shift today. I am pretty sure we also had the bigger chances, in terms of big saves pulled off by Cech vs. Neuer. So no, I don't think Bayern were robbed in any way.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:06 pm

Pirloisjesus wrote:From 1-2 points to 9 points quite a jump hmm

You're learning about RG Thumbs up

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:Let's get this out the way: Bayern were robbed and can feel hard done by. The refs missed a blatant pen at the end of the first half, and Giroud's goal was handball. We got a huge load of luck.

Meh. Only ourselves to blame.

GoonerJay29 wrote:

didn't get either why Costa went to the right.

About the tactics being spot on, weeeell I don't know. I think the switch from sitting back to pressing worked great in the first half.
Still don't think the absolute passivity, sitting back over large stretches was a good thing. You were lucky we weren't sharp enough, and most of all you had an outstanding central defensive unit in Merte, Koscielny and Cech.

To both of you: you make your own luck.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:09 pm

CL 15/16 Match Day 3: Arsenal FC vs FC Bayern München Preview - Page 4 Tumblr_nwjdmvVQ081tbpf9uo1_540

Get in There you Beauts Proud
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:12 pm

That central unit plays better when we sit deep, though. I agree that playing that way is risky against teams as good as Bayern - I said as much after the United game - but at the same time this way suits us better at the moment because we haven't mastered the high press yet. It's not a tactic we use consistently, so it's best not to use it in such a big game. We at least had success playing this way before.

Btw, are Bayern fans sick of Petr Cech by now?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:14 pm

No team has ever managed more shots on target Vs a Pep Guardiola side in the UCL than the 8 Arsenal mustered tonight.

:bow:
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:14 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
Btw, are Bayern fans sick of Petr Cech by now?

Laughing

Well, it may be asking for too much, but I hope we can ask this question on the night of 04 Nov.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:15 pm

Love cech man

so good to have a WC keeper
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:19 pm

Only beating Mourinho makes me happier than beating Fraudiola.

Thank you Arsenal for this wonderful night.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:24 pm

Just to sober us up a bit: Ramsey likely to be out for another few weeks after doing his hammy yet again. Right when he was showing signs of getting his goalscoring form back, too (typically).

On the brighter side: Ozil. Fantastic effort from him. Did his defensive duties on the left, and was there at the end to score. Don't want anyone accusing him of being lazy ever again.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:29 pm

One more downside (or is it?): after this perfomance, big clubs are going to try and raid some of our best players. If they keep performing during the season.

I hope the club is in a strong enough position to deny them unlike the banter era Arsenal.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next