Robespierre
Red Alert
marottalad
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mauro Icardi Empty Mauro Icardi

Post by marottalad Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:55 am

This guy scored 24 goals in all competitions last year and his only 22. What are you guys opinions on how good this guy will be? I think he is the second coming of Crespo and reminds me of him a lot except I think Icardi can end up being ever better. one of the most clinical finishers going around in world football at the moment. Inter would be wise to keep him happy and keep throwing money at his wages he can bring them a championship and back to the big european stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_NL24aCjPc
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Mauro Icardi Empty Re: Mauro Icardi

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:50 am

There's not a chance he's going to be better than Crespo's level when he was Lazio. Guy was unplayable on his day. Shame injuries ruined him. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:18 am

Red Alert wrote:There's not a chance he's going to be better than Crespo's level when he was Lazio. Guy was unplayable on his day. Shame injuries ruined him. Laughing

I am only 23 and have been following football since 2003 so I really only remember crespo in his milan,chelsea and inter days and even then when I was new to the sport I could see how good that guy was at finishing. He was so effing clinical. However Icardi is only 22 and if inter can improve as a team and give him good service i can see him banging in 25 domestic goals in the 15/16 season. I think his gonna get to the same point Pogba is at right now which is either his teams gonna have to step it up and start winning things and challenging for top honours in europe or he is going to outgrow Inter and move to a bayern,chelsea etc very soon. Inters project looks interesting so let's see what happens ey
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:29 am

Crespo looked like he was going to carry on his Lazio form when he first moved to Inter. Had 5 goals in his first 2 games or something and then injured himself for like 5 months. Sad Which was a shame because he was one of the "golden" forwards in the Serie A at the time. Shevchenko, Totti (Batistuta I think retired/was finished when Crespo joined Inter), Vieri, Adriano (ironically Inter's player out on loan to someone I forget right now) massive massive talent back then. Crespo still did well after his injury break, but a lot of it came more in Europe ( Sad ) than in the Serie A.

I'm liking what Inter are doing right now. I really hope they keep on to Kovacic, as he is class but I'm still not convinced by their manager in Mancini. To his credit though, he looks like he's made them a formidable side going into this season with some shrewd and some more expensive signings. It will be interesting to see how Icardi does this season. He definitely has talent, but I haven't really watched many Serie A games this season. Consistency definitely has to be the biggest factor though.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:35 am

Red Alert wrote:Crespo looked like he was going to carry on his Lazio form when he first moved to Inter. Had 5 goals in his first 2 games or something and then injured himself for like 5 months. Sad Which was a shame because he was one of the "golden" forwards in the Serie A at the time. Shevchenko, Totti (Batistuta I think retired/was finished when Crespo joined Inter), Vieri, Adriano (ironically Inter's player out on loan to someone I forget right now) massive massive talent back then. Crespo still did well after his injury break, but a lot of it came more in Europe ( Sad  ) than in the Serie A.

I'm liking what Inter are doing right now. I really hope they keep on to Kovacic, as he is class but I'm still not convinced by their manager in Mancini. To his credit though, he looks like he's made them a formidable side going into this season with some shrewd and some more expensive signings. It will be interesting to see how Icardi does this season. He definitely has talent, but I haven't really watched many Serie A games this season. Consistency definitely has to be the biggest factor though.

I remember the days of Serie a from 03-07 miss those players and teams...What will really baffles me is if inter get Imbula and sell Kovacic to fund this because you would think kondogbia and kovacic would compliment each other well... however if inter can get imbula and keep Kovacic then the rest of serie a need to take notice. I think getting salah would be a bad move for inter he is too predictable and even though palacio is still not half bad his been finished since 2014. If they somehow get jovetic added into their squad without losing kovacic and signing imbula it would be impressive
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:48 am

Yes prime Crespo was unplayable, infact we replaced Ronaldo R9 (not exactly any one Laughing ) with Hernan Crespo ..
In his first year he was carrying us towards Champions League trophy , he scored 9 goals  and we got the semi-final ... but he had an awful injury and he wasn't fit for semi-final against Milan.

I remind still his awful injury . It was against Modena, he scored also 1 goal before of it.
The real twist of fate is that he never had to play that match .
Vieri had to play and he on bench but Vieri wasn't called for punishment because he left with Di Biagio the training camp on Saturday night. His justification was because he felt so hot in the room Laughing
Then he was always a great CF, but not exactly same player.

Anyway I l appreciate Icardi , I think he has still great room of improvement.
It is not even easy for a young player to emerge in this Inter but he got the top scorer title.
Under Mancini he is even improving for support to game , he plays more balls and infact he was also our main assistman .. became more complete.  
I think also he reminds me Crespo for some things, but of course he must  still work hard to get that level

Besides I don't realize because he is considered a bad boy . Just for that controversy love story ... but for the rest he is a great professional , he was training also the   birth of daughter ' s day and   he does never worldly life also because of his marriage ( and infact ,selfishly, Wanda was a luck for us Interisti at least she avoids temptations offered easily by Milan's nightlife ,   asking to Vieri or Adriano at that time)

Last edited by Robespierre on Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:53 am; edited 4 times in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:50 am

La Masia legend. Obviously he's going to surpass Crespo. He's got the right DNA. Etc. etc.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:29 am

I am personally of opinion that no one could head a ball like Crespo.Even after a weak cross or a rebound,he always had a crazy neck twitch to head the ball in strong.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:00 pm

Icardi is good but he can be better. Mancini is making him a better player outside the box and that is great, but his finishing can be frustrating at times.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:04 pm

Vibe wrote:I am personally of opinion that no one could head a ball like Crespo.Even after a weak cross or a rebound,he always had a crazy neck twitch to head the ball in strong.
Palermo
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:28 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Vibe wrote:I am personally of opinion that no one could head a ball like Crespo.Even after a weak cross or a rebound,he always had a crazy neck twitch to head the ball in strong.
Palermo

Is that the ST that Maradona randomly called up back in 2009?
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:38 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Palermo

Borgetti
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Blue wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Palermo

Is that the ST that Maradona randomly called up back in 2009?
Yes, that random st saved them from not making the wc.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:40 pm

Palacio - Palermo the Boca campeon partnership Libertadores '07 Proud

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Palermo

Borgetti

Still I remind his goal against Italy ffs
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:07 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Palermo

Oliver Bierhoff
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:36 pm

Luca Toni
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:46 pm

Mario Jardel.

Not a joke post at all, he was an amazing header.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:31 pm

Klose is the undisputed king of headers imo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:17 pm

Kholer
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:22 pm

Tim Cahill on all.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:30 pm

I think he needs to fix this thing with his shirt collar.

Cantona was nineties, The Clash post punk fashion revival was early 2000s, he's decades late.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:05 pm

Didn't Klose almost become the top scorer of 2002 WC with headers alone? Laughing IIRC
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:11 pm

Icardi's confidence in his shooting is unreal, he always seems to hit the top corner when he scores and from any position aswell. I think he's a top class striker in the making. Only 22 years old.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:02 pm

17 goals and 8 assists in 25 appearances this season.

Crazy numbers considering Inter were rubbish for a big period of the season.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:04 pm

surely this is the summer he will finally move to a big club? well, bigger

can see him at the likes of City/Chelsea/Arsenal, hope he stays at Inter though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine