VendettaRed07
McAgger
Tomwin Lannister
S
73 posters

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Where will Sterling be next season ?

OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 22 Vote_lcap7%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 22 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 22 Vote_lcap4%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 22 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 22 Vote_lcap4%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 22 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 22 Vote_lcap56%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 22 Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 15 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 22 Vote_lcap19%OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 22 Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 27

OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 22 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Raheem Sterling joins Man City

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:02 pm

People still overrating the performances of guardiola's players in 2019.

What's up Pedro?

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL :  Raheem Sterling joins Man City - Page 22 Empty Re: OFFICIAL : Raheem Sterling joins Man City

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:03 pm

RealGunner wrote:Why is that? And who do you rate higher?

He was never chosen as the PL's best player, even though he plays for one of the most stacked teams in the league and Europe.

In terms of impact, there are players in England who, even though play for significantly less stacked teams, had a bigger impact than him and played a major role in helping their clubs return to elite level. Why should he be rated higher than them?

For instance, I have never seen him tear up the league as ruthlessly and consistently as Salah did in 2017. Why should he be rated higher than him?

I have never seen him dominate the league on his own like Hazard did (in 2014?). Why should he be rated higher than him?

To me the brilliance of a player is measured by how much their teams would be affected if you took them out of the equation. Take Salah out of Liverpool's 2017 campaign, and they wouldn't challenge for the league. Take Hazard of Chelsea's 2014 league winning campaign and there would be no title. Take van Dijk out and there would be no CL title for Liverpool. Can you say the same thing about Raheem?

Why should he be rated higher than them when we know for a fact that he never reached their peak level?

And to answer your question, here's my top 5:

1. Messi.
2. Ronaldo.
3. Neymar.
4. Mbappé
5. Salah | Hazard
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:19 pm

Squad player '7kgs flabs' Hazard in this thread rofl
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:23 pm

Well, if we're being totally honest, him being in my top 5 is proof that football has regressed a lot in recent years.

Back when Iniesta, Xavi and all those guys were in their prime, Hazard and Salah wouldn't even make top 10. But the magic ended when La Liga teams regressed, and as a result, you have players like the sideway-dribbling king among the best.

But at least him, he has a PFA award to his name. Still waiting on Sterling to get his to start rating him as high as the others.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:24 pm

http://www.goallegacy.net/t41889p625-2018-2019-premier-league-discussion-part-iii#1939551
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:25 pm

lol the last two seasons is proof that Hazard isn't better than Sterling
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:28 pm

How was this last season proof of anything to do with that? Hazard WAS Chelsea.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:32 pm

rincon wrote:How was this last season proof of anything to do with that? Hazard WAS Chelsea.

Impact, goals scored, goals assisted. Count them all together mate
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:33 pm

I rate Son higher than Hazard lmao

Second post that one on the link i posted. He might do well in Madrid around better players but he's not better than Sterling.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:35 pm

El Gunner wrote:
rincon wrote:How was this last season proof of anything to do with that? Hazard WAS Chelsea.

Yes, Hazard's impact was certainly higher seeing as he carried every Chelsea attack. Hazard also had more G+A than Sterling while playing for a much worse team. What else do you want to count?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:41 pm

One argument against Sterling would be that he's a tap in merchant while other wingers work sadly due to lack of talent in the squads work really hard for their goals.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:55 pm

rincon wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

Yes, Hazard's impact was certainly higher seeing as he carried every Chelsea attack. Hazard also had more G+A than Sterling while playing for a much worse team. What else do you want to count?

I said the last two seasons, why do you change it to just last lmao.

Even still last season he just had a mere 4 more combined goals and assists than Sterling.

Look at the season before though, he was very average and Sterling's numbers were consistent, slightly even better the season before.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:02 pm

Because last season is the most recent one, you included it, and you replied to my question about last season telling me to count goals, assists, and impact (which goes to hazard).

Hazard was a better player. Pep's system at City is ideal for his attacking players, makes them shine. Sterling interprets it perfectly and his movement enables him to take advantage of City's game. Comparing that to playing with Giroud and Willian, while putting out better numbers should make it clear who was best. Hazard had to create everything, and finish most of it too.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:25 pm

Never world class. Pep factor, otherwise a good player.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:33 pm

I don't think Sterling is a top 5 player in the world, but to compare him to Pedro is stupid and you should feel bad.

PFA POTY incoming though, quote me on this.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:57 pm

So much ignorance in this thread smh, but I'm not surprised.

Most if you don't watch the PL on a regular basis yet act like you have an informed opinion.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Yet that doesnt stop you from talking about Cancelo.

Pretty sure I've watched more PL games this weekend than you do a season Laughing
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:11 pm

You don't need to watch hours of Cancelo to know that Danilo isn't ever going to offer more than whatever Cancelo did. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:14 pm

You do, and at least there is hope and a 30m deposit with Danilo. Cancelo was just completely unreliable, we dont need a 60m fullback that gets benched by De Sciglio.

Anyway, that's distracting from top 5 player in the world Sterling.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:54 pm

rincon wrote:Yet that doesnt stop you from talking about Cancelo.

Pretty sure I've watched more PL games this weekend than you do a season Laughing

Yh but I'm better at pretending i know something hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:32 pm

He's super dependent on his acceleration, his ball control and dribbling skills aren't anything to write home about, but I have to grudgingly admit that he's improved his finishing a lot and City have an abundance of players who can find Sterling's runs.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:39 pm

Meh. Jordan Ibe is the bigger talent anyway.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:So much ignorance in this thread smh, but I'm not surprised.

Most if you don't watch the PL on a regular basis yet act like you have an informed opinion.

That's pretty much been the only constant, for as long as I've been a member of this forum. There's always someone who pretends to have unwavering, expert opinions on players all the way down to 3rd division prospects in the Somalian league Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:48 am

I'll have you know Abdullahi Jomaa is a fine player. Great locomotion and ability in tight spaces. He reminds me of Naby Keita. He's being linked with a move to Ligue 2. Lorient is the perfect destination for him to develop under the watchful guidance of Christophe Pélissier. Watch this space.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:14 am

Christophe Pélissier is an overrated scrub. Never achieved anything and will never amount to anything. French crusty the clown. Jobber league. Next :coffee:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:32 am

rofl kudos
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 23 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23  Next