rwo power
marottalad
Raptorgunner
Kaladin
gnrfan
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

AC Milan sold to chinese investors - Page 2 Empty Re: AC Milan sold to chinese investors

Post by farfan Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:00 pm

the only legit sugar daddies are shady russian oligarchs and arab sheiks .

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

AC Milan sold to chinese investors - Page 2 Empty Re: AC Milan sold to chinese investors

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:03 pm

Yet, there have been cases where Arab money failed to sustain a club (Malaga) and cases where Asian money did help pull the club back up (Valencia)

It could go either way, don't get me wrong. We just have to wait and see, i guess.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:08 pm

I went to google this guy and his Milan purchase and a Forbes article says his family business generates $100m revenue (not profit) in a year and wondering where he's getting the money from to finance this deal. Apparently he's said he doesn't have this sort of money laying around, but "knows where to get it".

I don't know, this seems a little strange to me x)
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:12 pm

Another wave of free agents incoming then

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:15 pm

Art Morte wrote:I went to google this guy and his Milan purchase and a Forbes article says his family business generates $100m revenue (not profit) in a year and wondering where he's getting the money from to finance this deal. Apparently he's said he doesn't have this sort of money laying around, but "knows where to get it".

He's heading a consortium of Thai and Singaporean investors mate(maybe Chinese too,i am not sure).

He just happens to be the 'face' of this consortium.A bit like Pallotta with Roma.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:46 pm

Mixed feelings about this tbh. Berlu could no longer provide for the club adequately and it's about time we had a change of direction.

On the other hand, I'm not sure how I feel about these guys. I just hope they don't mess around with the club's traditions for marketing purposes.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:01 pm

Get in.

After Pardew leaving i never thought i'd get to use this ever again but he has returned :bow:

AC Milan sold to chinese investors - Page 2 Kfkbz
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:06 pm

Milan will be back to the top. 300m spent this summer :bow:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:14 pm

Do Milan even need a sugar daddy investment right now ?

I think a Juventus level investment would suffice.All they need to do is some smart transfers with a proper strategy going forward and they'll find themselves competing in the league again in no time.They hardly find themselves in a precarious position in terms of the league unlike how certain EPL teams do for example.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:26 pm

As S said, money isn't really the problem.

Some of the stuff has been just ridiculous, like how Juve got Tevez for just a bit more than we got Matri.

So as exciting as a takeover would be to give us a much needed shakeup and more investment, its who the new board is that will decide whether this is a success or failure.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:32 pm

Tevez came to Juve when Juve had already a basis ( and infact when the Apache came to Juve they had won  2 scudetti in a row ) and this basis was built with money,  Matri 15 Vucinic 15 Vidal 13 Quagliarella 11 Lichtsteiner 10 Elia 9 Pepe 7.5. Giaccherini 7.5  were the signings  of 1st scudetto and they make together almost 80 mln.
Juve spent consistent money to return to the top, and at the beginning the signings were failures as Diego and Felipe Melo .
It's useless to think the  contrary but the only way to return for winning if you are mid table it is spending much , and this is a serious problem for the 2 clubs of Milano.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:55 pm

Thats the thing.Initially you're required to spend big anyway like Juve did in 11-12.Fortunately for us,those transfers paid off but as the seasons have gone by,we've gradually reduced our expenditure whilst maintaining a healthy wage bill.
Now take Milan,and their immediate goal is to return to the Champions League.To be fair,its rather easy to finish in the Top 3 nowadays if you spend 40-50m

Once the goal is achieved,you take it from there towards the next step that is competing for the title.Like i said,a gradual progress.

Btw Diego and Melo were Secco signings not Marotta's.Prior to that season(09-10) our expenditure was very reasonable albeit most of that was spent on flops.(Tiago,Poulsen,Sissoko,Andrade etc)
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:36 pm

S wrote:To be fair,its rather easy to finish in the Top 3 nowadays if you spend 40-50m

Our wage bill for last year was 105 mil euros. That's the second highest in the league, only behind Juve at 115 mil.

What I'm trying to say is we're not that far behind in terms of money. If you gave this board 50 mil I still can't see us finishing in the top 3.

We do need money, but its far more important to spent intellgently, or we won't get anywhere.

Juve got Vidal, Pogba, and Tevez for 23 mil. We got Poli and Matri for the same amount Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by â€¢MilanDevil• Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:32 am

Like Cruijf has mentioned, what we lack is smart investment. We have been spending money but on the wrong players. We have a huge roaster and we pay excessive wages for mediocre players, this money could be invested into promising players instead. If the deal is finalized and the owners manage to change the mentality of the management for the best, then the club would be back in no time.

I would like to mention that I prefer Bee over the Chinese competitors mainly because he has shown a much stronger interest and managed to market himself very well during the process.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:54 am

I thought it was well known that Milan just needed to make wise investments?

They have always spent a little bit of money, just never on the right players.

Change that, bring in a better manager and Milan will be back.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:22 am

How AC Milan worth 1.2B is beyond logic. Yes its the most succesful club in the world and all that but if the brandname is that valuable how come its not generating any money? These guys are investors and what they only see the button line, and just like Inter, Milan is shit in that regard. Indeed Inter 2 years ago is very comparable to Milan today, similar revenues, 200+ of debt, huge wage bill and a shit squad. How much was Inter worth? Something like 300m. That makes the Milan brand worth something like 900m more than Inter's. Interesting

Some of you might not like this comparison but City was sold for about 400m, and bare in mind that city actually owns a stadium and play in the EPL, a league that generates money. City had a crappy expensive squad and 200 something in debt.

I dont know if im missing something here but 1.2B is very, very suspecious
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:59 am

The name means a lot. Nothing can wipe away our history. If 7 years later Real Madrid are in the same shithole as us and hypothetically can be bought, they would have the same valuation.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:47 am

lol 1.2 billion.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:17 pm

Art Morte wrote:I went to google this guy and his Milan purchase and a Forbes article says his family business generates $100m revenue (not profit) in a year and wondering where he's getting the money from to finance this deal. Apparently he's said he doesn't have this sort of money laying around, but "knows where to get it".

Forbes, might want to check their own sources...they've only got 1 article on 'Bee' and it seems the author hasn't done his research..

They mentioned to @beetaechaubol asking him a question, thinking its actually him

AC Milan sold to chinese investors - Page 2 Forbes10

This is @beetaechaubol

AC Milan sold to chinese investors - Page 2 Forbes11

Most of the article is a regurgitation of what i've seen from Twitter. The link in the article before mentioning the 100m revenue is to a different person, 'Apichai Taechauol' (Link)

You can have a look at the article yourself, but imo it doesn't seem all that reliable(Link)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:25 pm

Bee is being backed by a consortium of Chinese and Singaporean investors. He's just the figurehead of the operation.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:35 pm

I don't believe in Bee, Manenti is the best name for Milan IMHO
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:38 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bee

Sounds great tbf.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:45 pm

I for one, embrace our new Asian overlords

AC Milan sold to chinese investors - Page 2 Allowit-3643a903b6963b11057f929069a5d0ca
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:59 pm

Wrote something lengthy that was swallowed by the forum.

TLDR.

I am still worried.
There is now way Milan is valued at 1Bill.
Berlu is extorting as much money from Milan's corpse as he can.
Serie A works actively against is clubs.
Italian Bureaucracy will test foreign owner's patience.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Robespierre wrote:I don't believe in Bee, Manenti is the best name for Milan IMHO
Agreed. Manenti first, Bee a distant second.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:05 pm

Bee could close the deal as early as this Friday (Link)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next