Install the skinReturn to the skin page

- | The Calciopoli thread | -

4 posters

Go down

- | The Calciopoli thread | - Empty - | The Calciopoli thread | -

Post by salmano9 Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:23 am

Moggi: Calciopoli a gun without ammunition and Juventus will act

Mar 24, 2015 14:54:39

The ex-Juventus chief is a free man following his final appeal on Tuesday and he has spoken bitterly about the events of the last nine years

Former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi has branded the Calciopoli scandal a "gun without ammunition" after his prison sentence was written off on Tuesday.
Moggi, who served the Bianconeri for 12 years, was acquitted of two accusations of sporting fraud in Italy's highest court, while a third accusation of conspiracy expired due to the statute of limitations.

"In nine years they have found only a single referee guilty - [Massimo] De Santis - who did nothing wrong, anyway," Moggi told Mattino 5. "Calciopoli was a gun without ammunition, the evidence didn't exist – they were wrong.

"Who was in the system if all the referees were acquitted? After nine years they found out that everything was regular and there was no influencing of others.

"For 12 years we kept ourselves to ourselves without spending a lira. We did not have any money – we had to sell a player before buying another like when we replaced Zinedine Zidane with Pavel Nedved."

The Calciopoli scandal rocked Italian football in 2006 and saw Juventus stripped of two Scudetti and relegated to Serie B.

Following recent developments that have cleared Moggi and Juventus for many of the offences that led to their punishment, the club is currently seeking €443 million in compensation from the Italian Football Federation (FIGC). It is expected that Tuesday's verdict will strengthen their case.

"I do not know what will happen, but something will happen," Moggi added of potential further action from the Serie A champions, before telling Sky: "This case is an unfortunate thing. We joked around for nine years and the process has resulted in nothing.

"It has come at great expense and many people have been ruined. This is the point.

"In nine years they have established that the Serie A championship was regular and that the [referee] draw was regular and that communication with the referee designators was not exclusive."

Moggi did not achieve a full acquittal as the accusation of conspiracy was only written off due to the statute of limitations expiring.

"I didn't get a total acquittal? No, but I'm content with this. We had 150 witnesses, but only 24 gave evidence - the others were cancelled. I'm happy for those who were acquitted and for those who were close to me. But, all in all, I'm not happy about what has happened."

===
Hell with the people that caused this.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

- | The Calciopoli thread | - Empty Re: - | The Calciopoli thread | -

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:24 am

I won't allow this kind of threads, if this gets out of control then...
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:27 am

Ex-Juventus chief Moggi a free man following final Calciopoli ruling

Mar 24, 2015 10:15:00
The former Juve chief's final appeal in the Court of Cassation saw him cleared of two offences, while a third charge expired due to the statute of limitation

Former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi has had his prison sentence written off following his appeal against his role in the 2006 Calciopoli scandal.

Moggi had been sentenced to two years and four months in jail for sporting fraud and conspiracy, but took his appeals to the highest Italian court – the Court of Cassation.

Early on Tuesday morning, Moggi was acquitted on two charges of sporting fraud, while a charge of conspiracy expired due to the statute of limitations.

The Calciopoli scandal rocked Italian football in the summer of 2006 and led to Juventus being stripped of two Scudetti and relegated to Serie B.

Moggi was originally implicated as the mastermind of the scandal, with Juventus said to have enjoyed an exclusive relationship with referee designators.

The former director was also accused of bullying the transfer market through the GEA player agency, using a secret International SIM card system to communicate with referees and officials privately, as well as other offences such as locking a referee in a dressing room and offering gifts to officials. Moggi was cleared of all these offences.

The 77-year-old reacted to the verdict: "It took nine years to work out that the [2004-05 and 2005-06] seasons were handled fairly, the referee designations were fair and that there was no communication.

"This trial was conducted in an odd way, we joked around for nine years. This has been an unpleasant thing and it has all ended up in nothing."

Former Juventus CEO Antonio Giraudo, who was accused of fraud, also saw his prison sentence of one year and eight months written off due to the statute of limitations.

Fiorentina owners Andrea and Diego Della Valle and Lazio president Claudio Lotito saw appeals against sentences already ruled to have passed the statute of limitations rejected.

Ex-referees Paolo Bertini and Antonio Dattilo were acquitted, but another former Serie A official Massimo De Santis saw his appeal against a 10-month suspended sentence rejected.

Juventus are currently seeking €443 million in damages from the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) over lost revenue and the damage to their reputation as a result of Calciopoli.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:31 am

DeviAngel wrote:I won't allow this kind of threads, if this gets out of control then...

No, it's fine, just for the people to know about the updates. And we deserve justice too Very Happy

I'm really mad cuz we are not given justice. He wsa acquitted for 2 charges but for the 3rd, its just cuz it passed the time limit... That is absurd really. I heard that he is going to Europe to complain about the injustice. I can't believe that only one of the refs was found guilty... Like is this a plan against Juve. It is as if they will find the smallest ways to just not give us justice. I think that they don't want to give us the justice cuz then the FIGC will have to pay us, and then we will have lots of power in addition to us being the strongest in Italy. Thoughts?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:33 am

tbh I don't give a shit about caliciopoli anymore I just want us to get back in top teams in EU and play consistently in semi-finals in CL. Whatever the truth is it won't give us anything right now.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:42 am

DeviAngel wrote:tbh I don't give a shit about caliciopoli anymore I just want us to get back in top teams in EU and play consistently in semi-finals in CL. Whatever the truth is it won't give us anything right now.

This fake stuff basically ruined our reputation, Italian reputation even... Go ask anyone in the street about Serie A, they will give you this answer: 'I don't give a f about Serie A, cuz of the "cheating" '

The truth will help the world realize that Juve did nothing and we are innocent of this shit.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:54 am

Moggi announces: "I will go to the European Court"

Luciano Moggi is ready to continue his fight on the front Calciopoli. This was announced to the microphones in the transmission of Crc "It swells the network Raffaele Auriemma:" They were acquitted two arbitrators involved in sporting fraud - says Luciano Moggi - so it is not true that the Supreme Court has acquitted. Personal interests were not there and then the sporting fraud and conspiracy alone I could not do it. I've always put my face because I do not fear anyone. The next step? My battle goes on, I will turn to the European Court of Human Rights to clear even the radiation sports and return to the world of football. "
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:59 am

salmano9 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:tbh I don't give a shit about caliciopoli anymore I just want us to get back in top teams in EU and play consistently in semi-finals in CL. Whatever the truth is it won't give us anything right now.

This fake stuff basically ruined our reputation, Italian reputation even... Go ask anyone in the street about Serie A, they will give you this answer: 'I don't give a f about Serie A, cuz of the "cheating" '

The truth will help the world realize that Juve did nothing and we are innocent of this shit.

All of that talk came out from the early 80's when Milan was sent in B for matchfixing. In the balkans that cheaters and game fixers about serie a sides dates from the 80's until now its same in Italy. Only young and new fans think that all that talk came from 2006.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:04 pm

Don't give a shit about Calciopoli, no point dwelling on something like that as a fan especially when we've recovered from it and the ones who benefited from it are in terrible shape.

It's like coming back from a loss in a boxing match and picking up 3 revenge wins on the guy who K.O'd you, but still moping around thinking about the loss.

We won, we came back.

However i'll let the people who are paid to look after our club worry about it now, and if we do get some form of repayment for the damages that happened nearly 10 years ago, then that's great.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:05 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
salmano9 wrote:

All of that talk came out from the early 80's when Milan was sent in B for matchfixing. In the balkans that cheaters and game fixers about serie a sides dates from the 80's until now its same in Italy. Only young and new fans think that all that talk came from 2006.

Oh yeha I forgot about the 80s with Milan. But now sadly everyone thinks it's juve.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:07 pm

salmano9 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
salmano9 wrote:

Oh yeha I forgot about the 80s with Milan. But now sadly everyone thinks it's juve.

Nothing new, as I said new fans and post 2006 fans only speak about it and know that. Milan fans use 2006 as mask about 80's etc. Just relax
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:07 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Don't give a shit about Calciopoli, no point dwelling on something like that as a fan especially when we've recovered from it and the ones who benefited from it are in terrible shape.

It's like coming back from a loss in a boxing match and picking up 3 revenge wins on the guy who K.O'd you, but still moping around thinking about the loss.

We won, we came back.

However i'll let the people who are paid to look after our club worry about it now, and if we do get some form of repayment for the damages that happened nearly 10 years ago, then that's great.

That is the main thing I am looking forward to in this investigation, even though I highly doubt that it will happen as I said up.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:10 pm

Fans of other teams from other leagues don't really care about Juve. And especially fans now who barely know what happened 3 years ago regarding their own team

There's one simple way to improve our global rep. And that's consistently reaching the Semi's of the CL. People will eventually associate 'Juve' with being a European powerhouse.

No fans who barely know our current squad would care or even bother to read an article clearing us of wrong doing in a case that they probably don't even remember/never knew about in the first place.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Moggi: 'Calciopoli is not over'
By Football Italia staff

Luciano Moggi insists his Calciopoli fight “is not over” and joked Inter didn’t win “because they were incapable idiots.”

This week the civil trial into the 2006 scandal ran out of time, so those involved were either cleared or their cases fell beyond the statute of limitations.

“At the end of the day, I was banned from football because I locked referee Gianluca Paparesta in the toilet in Reggio Calabria,” ex-Juventus director general Moggi told Radio 24 and La Repubblica newspaper.

“Yet the prosecutor in the Cassation trial said I did not lock him in there. That’s what the sporting justice system punished me for. I might’ve threatened him with libel, but Paparesta never accused me.

“The truth is that Paparesta was afraid of what he had done, as he made us lose the game with Reggina with his mistake.”

The trial declared Moggi was not cleared, but could not be penalised because the incidents had gone beyond the statute of limitations.

“I feel innocent and indeed was not declared guilty. In nine years they have been totally unable to find proof of me colluding with a referee or anyone else. It’s ridiculous. The justice system took too long, it wasn’t us.

“Calciopoli isn’t over and it won’t be over until they cancel my ban from football. I will demand money for all I’ve lost over these years. I’ll take this to the European Court.”

Moggi blasted Inter, who received the 2005-06 Scudetto that was revoked from Juventus and claimed there was a ‘plot’ to pick referees for certain games.

“Inter didn’t win because they were incapable idiots. I wasn’t the one who bought Vampeta, Taribo West and Hakan Sukur.”

Moggi picked apart the vast differences between the Calciopoli cases in the sporting justice system in the summer of 2006 and all the following civil court findings.

“They said we had an exclusive rapport with the refereeing designators, then even Massimo Moratti admitted that wasn’t true, as Inter spoke to them too.

“They said my visits to the referees locker room were ‘breaking in,’ then admitted the rules allowed me to go there. I did get angry, but that’s another issue, and Paparesta never actually accused me of threatening him.

“They were unable to prove any favours towards Juve, so tried to attack me via personal interests and my rapport with the Gea World agency. I was cleared in that trial.

“The accusation of some vast conspiracy is laughable. Aside from Massimo De Santis, who was punished for a game that didn’t involve Juventus, all the referees were cleared. So who was I fixing the League with, exactly? It’s ridiculous.

“The truth is the statute of limitations let the courts off the hook, not me. I don’t trust these people. I have a sentence in which a judge confirms in his ruling that the investigators manipulated recorded phone calls.”

Moggi accuses then-FIGC President Franco Carraro of being the real head of a ‘cupola’ – a Mafia term for a group of conspirators.

“Carraro was heard in phone calls telling a refereeing designator ‘We must save Lazio and it would be a shame if Fiorentina were relegated,’ then what are we talking about? It’s obvious Moggi couldn’t care less what happened to Fiorentina.

“In November 2004, the day they picked the officials for Inter-Juventus, Carraro called (designator Paolo) Bergamo to find out the referee was Rodomonti. ‘Tell Rodomonti not to do Juventus any favours.’

“Bergamo did call Rodomonti, but waited until two hours before the game. ‘This call remains between us, as it’s easier to go down than to climb up.’

“I can recount hundreds of these conversations that were intercepted. I always thought something was wrong there, with Carraro, Petrucci and Abete. When I read the transcripts, I got a clearer idea.

“Do you know the ultimate truth about Calciopoli? Gianni and Umberto Agnelli had died. If they were still around, none of this would’ve happened.”
===
Suffered in Serie B because being falsely accused of locking the referees? It is ridculous how no referees that refereed Juve matches were found guilty.

Whatever, you guys don't give a shit about this...
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:59 pm

We all gave a shit in 2006.

But in this, and everything else in life I don't want to waste time on something we've completely recovered from.

Everything bad that happened to us is gone, and everything good that happened to Inter has been undone.

We win.

Maybe we'll somehow get some compensation, until then I am not adding one more thing to my life as ridiculous as what happened in Italian court so many years ago.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:56 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:We all gave a shit in 2006.

But in this, and everything else in life I don't want to waste time on something we've completely recovered from.

Everything bad that happened to us is gone, and everything good that happened to Inter has been undone.

We win.

Maybe we'll somehow get some compensation, until then I am not adding one more thing to my life as ridiculous as what happened in Italian court so many years ago.

Lol, so am I the only one who actually cares if we officially get the scudetti back and if we get the compensationn, which is quite a lot....?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:19 am

We won't get compensation. It would be nice to get back the titles, but it won't happen either.

FIGC and the courts won't make a complete foul of themselves.

Really, it would be nice to close this thing once and forever. But Moggi just can't stop, acting like he is totally innocent, which obviously he isn't. Our punishment and the whole scandal blown out of proportion.

We know all the teams were somehow included, this has been unfolded, that's more than enough for me, it's not needed to ruin Italian football again with further legal actions.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down