Fox to air six new episodes of 'The X-Files'

+3
RED
Art Morte
Raptorgunner
7 posters

Go down

Fox to air six new episodes of 'The X-Files'  Empty Fox to air six new episodes of 'The X-Files'

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:12 pm

creator Chris Carter.“I think of it as a 13-year commercial break,” Carter said. “The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.”

http://time.com/3756557/x-files-return-fox/
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Fox to air six new episodes of 'The X-Files'  Empty Re: Fox to air six new episodes of 'The X-Files'

Post by Art Morte Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:41 pm

Ugh, sounds pretty bad. There was a time in my teenage years when I used to watch a lot of X-Files. I wouldn't say I'm a fan, but I think it's a cool show - and don't understand the point of this six-show revive. Why just six episodes? I mean, what? What's the point to revive a show that had 202 episodes for just six more episodes? And Duchovny and Anderson are rather old by now. Seems like a completely pointless thing to do and I doubt many of the hardcore fans are excited about it, either.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Fox to air six new episodes of 'The X-Files'  Empty Re: Fox to air six new episodes of 'The X-Files'

Post by RED Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:04 pm

Absolutely brilliant news.

One of my all time fav shows.

Needs to rinse itself off that dreadful last season, which I haven't completed to this day because it was too awful. Just didn't feel like the x files without Mulder and the limited amount of air time Scully got.

Excited.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:57 am

Watching X-Files on TV with my parents - best feeling ever.

It usually ran late,around 23:00.I would struggle to stay awake,but there would not be much sleeping after.I would get chills hearing the intro music,then become overwhelmed with a mixture of fear and curiosity over the mystery of images (Mulder and Scully's black and white pictures on their FBI ID's,the blue distorted screaming face of a man,the human like figure crossing with the hand imprint with a red detail marking something on the index finger...).And that is only before any of the episode is shown.I was most impressed by the extraterrestrial arc,but some of the other non-story related episodes were brilliant as well.

I will watch the six episodes for sure,but I expect to be disappointed.Nothing like seeing the world through child's eyes,and that can't be repeated.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ManU20 Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:54 am

Cant WAIT !! Some buddies and i went to X-Files years at the height of the Show. We meet Gillian Anderson, Mitch Pileggi, Nicholas Lea,Steven Williams,lone gunmen. One of best days of my life .

ManU20
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:56 pm

Don't know has anyone else watched them, but I watched the first two episodes the other day.

Disappointing - but I pretty much expected that. The only thing that held it together was that both Duchovny and Anderson were great and had as good chemistry as ever. Like the original show never stopped.

But otherwise it was too much of everything and at a frantic pace. Just random aliens stuff. Way too revealing and made little sense. The original show worked because it was subtle and suggestive, this seems to be the opposite.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:50 pm

Certainly different, it was never going to have THAT old school take at this day and age.

As for the disappointment I was braced for, it didn't happen. Watched the first episode, can't wait to see more.

Seeing that old intro again Proud They shortened it though...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:14 pm

Okay, what the *bleep* was that
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:18 pm

It was a bit funny, but why? I mean there are just 6 episodes, and they waste it like this? FFS. I actually waited for this.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:21 am

I thought it was great but I understand where you're coming from. It seems like a weird choice to do an episode like this in such a condensed season but it was a lot of fun.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:22 am

I thought the 3rd episode was brilliant Very Happy

A good story with a twist and plenty of humor that I at least enjoyed. In my opinion this was a great episode. Light on the supernatural side, but very entertaining.

But I agree that it's a bit confusing when you think about that it's only six episodes they've made. And especially when you look at the first episode with all that conspiracy and alien stuff. I thought they were going to go with that for the six episodes, but now I'm wondering where are they going with that, then? Episodes are running out to do something good with it. But personally I thought this 3rd episode was an amazing "Monster of the Week" episode. And really didn't see this quality coming after what was a disappointing start to me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:40 am

Okay, so checked the wiki page for writers and the 5th and 6th episodes have been written by Carter, like the 1st one. So, I suppose those episodes will be about the grander story line and the 4th will be another stand-alone episode. Gotta say that Carter has to up his game quite a bit from the first episode if the final two episodes are to be good.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:54 am

It would be a great episode for me if it was a part of the old series, where the were 9 seasons of 20+ episodes.

I expected these 6 to be the icing on the cake of the old series, top it off and finish the story...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:53 pm

Yes, it is a bit baffling to only come back for six episodes and not make it more special. Could be that Carter would have liked the show to come back long-term, but couldn't make it happen with Duchovny / Anderson / Fox network and thought that making a mini-comeback is better than nothing.

I seem to remember reading that at least Duchovny had said something along the lines of being not keen on starting to make full seasons again.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:57 am

Might have been the worst thing I've ever seen. Unbelievably bad.

Now I never watched the original run, not at all a fan or anything, just thought I'd check it out for fun.
Six episodes of such a high profile brand, after 10 years.
5 absolutely random trash episodes, one genuinely hilarious one which hasn't got anything to do with the other five, story wise, style wise, tone wise.

Incredibly stupid and badly executed reboot.
No idea whether it used to be that bad earlier too.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down