Nishankly
Curtinho
iftikhar
26 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2015

Post by Art Morte Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:14 pm

Pjanic is a bit like Eriksen, based on what I've seen of him (mostly the World Cup and Roma in the CL). Only that he usually plays a bit deeper down than Eriksen. I could definitely see him in a three-man midfield, not sure about this two-man thing.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:28 pm

Art Morte wrote:Pjanic is a bit like Eriksen, based on what I've seen of him (mostly the World Cup and Roma in the CL). Only that he usually plays a bit deeper down than Eriksen. I could definitely see him in a three-man midfield, not sure about this two-man thing.
So basically he plays a role similar to Coutinho!!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:47 pm

Pjanic could play Coutinho's role, however he's just as good as a creative CM.

Would be perfect for us. World Class player.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:53 pm

I read that one of the person who owns Roma, apparently there are 5 with 20% each. So this guy is part of FSG group. So considering we have good relations with Roma, we should be able to get him. The only thing I am not able to figure out is, if he is 37m Pounds worth. According to my judgement he is not. But another thing is, he is 24 so who knows he might improve and with the likes of Sturridge and an improving scrub Sterling, he can become even more lethal when he plays for us.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:14 am

He has been playing with Roma for four seasons now. If he have some out-of-the-world potential, clubs like Real, PSG, City etc. would have been sniffing around. I think we will be overpaying (by around 50%). But, it's better to overpay (since we overpay anyway) for the likes of him than for the likes of Allen.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:14 am

I'm actually surprised that more teams haven't been in on Pjanic to be quite honest. Every time I've seen him I've been impressed. He might be a top 5 passer in the world. He's also defensively astute he plays midfield not attacking mid like Eriksen or Coutinho -- but I think he would still be best in a 3 man midfield though which would be fine we could easily switch back to a 4-1-2-1-2 or even a 4-3-1-2.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:09 am

Like if we were to get Pjanic this summer, my strongest XI for Liverpool would be this:

Mignolet
??? - ??? - Sakho - Moreno
Can
Henderson - Pjanic
Coutinho
Sturridge - Sterling

We just need to shore up the right side of defence. Skrtel has been good but can be improved on, and Manquillo has been ok but I don't think we'll keep him. So we need a quality right back. Then we have a good number of attacking players like Markovic, Lallana, Ibe, Origi and Balotelli to rotate into those front three with Allen, Lucas and maybe Rossiter or someone else we buy this summer in midfield, and Lovren, Skrtel, Flanagan, etc. on defence.

However that XI up there with a decent CB and RB is title contending IMO.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:26 am

Can
Henderson - Pjanic
Coutinho
Sturridge - Sterling
cheers Thumbs up :bow: banana :wub:

I would really love that. Imagine the depth with Lucas, Ibe, Markovic & Origi on the bench.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:26 am

Ok. . . .calma down lads. . . . Christmas is still far away!! scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:03 am

So spend 37m on a player where we have a player just as good in Coutinho (who will only get better) in the same role? Brilliant. We really are the next Arsenal. Proud

Not too mention Pjanic is quite inconsistent. (Well, this might have changed, haven't watched Roma in the past year.) Maybe McLewis could help.

Also Pjanic as a CM? He used to need Strootman (pretty much Henderson) and DDR to help him defensively...

And it gets better, we literally just spent 25m on Lallana like 7 months ago ffs. Proud

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:an improving scrub Sterling,

What.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:03 am

I would like Pjanic in a three-man midfield, the one Ifty posted. But if Roma make CL and we don't, would he be willing to come hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:35 am

Fahim89 wrote:Ok. . . .calma down lads. . . . Christmas is still far away!! scratch
Exactly, so we have lots of time to wish Smile
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:46 am

I dont know if Pjanic is inconsistent but if can play the CM role effectively but various reports like the following suggest he can,
We understand that Liverpool managing director Ian Ayre and chief scout Barry Hunter were in Rome on Tuesday evening to watch AS Roma defeat Torino 2-1.
We profile one player that The Reds might be monitoring, midfielder Miralem Pjanic.
Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 2 130105-005-Liverpool_Oldham
Ayre was joined by chief scout Barry Hunter in Rome last night. Photo: David Rawcliffe/Propaganda.

Report by Nikola Mitrovic
As this season enters it’s final stages, preparations for the next one are already underway and football scouts throughout the world are working hard in quest for identifying the right players for their respective clubs.

Liverpool is no exception to that. However, next transfer window might carry a significant difference to previous four summer transfer windows should their last eight fixtures prove fruitful – Liverpool should qualify for Champions League and thus unlock the upper echelons of football talent.

As witnessed last season, the call of Champions League was enough to sway their primary targets off the course to Anfield and Brendan Rodgers and his players are currently exceeding expectations in order to bring five-time European champions back to football elite and prevent the unsuccessful transfer scenarios from repeating themselves.

Liverpool’s league form has done nothing to quell the speculation among fans with regards to future transfers. A few key areas of strengthening have been identified, though, with one of them being central midfield. While the variety of midfielders linked with Liverpool ranges from physical ball-winners to quick-thinking playmakers, it seems that a pattern emerges, not just when it comes to midfielders but to players in every position, a pattern that suggests that Brendan Rodgers is looking for hard-working, intelligent and strong-willed players, in addition to them possessing good technical ability. The latest name to fit that description is young Roma midfielder and Bosnian international Miralem Pjanic.

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 2 120725-100-Liverpool_Roma_Fenway
Pjanic in action against Liverpool in a pre-season friendly at Fenway Park in 2012. Photo: David Rawcliffe/Propaganda.

MIARLEM PJANIC
Date of birth: 2 April 1990 (age 23)
Place of birth: Zvornik, SFR Yugoslavia
Nationality: Bosnian
Height: 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)
Position: Attacking midfielder
Primarily an attacking midfielder, Pjanic came through the ranks at FC Metz before making a move to Lyon, where he hadn’t progressed quite as quickly as those who have seen him at Metz expected of him, partly due to a foot injury and club’s inconsistent form in the period of time he spent there. However, his talent and attitude made it only a question of time before he was given a chance to impress in a better placed club and Roma was the club that believed in him the most, belief which he paid off handsomely with his performances.

Strengths
Pjanic’s technical ability is arguably his biggest quality. His impeccable ball control, precise passing and sublime, almost arrogant dribbling skills he employed to keep the ball at his feet or skip past opponent were met with approval even from one of the greatest masters of those trades, Francesco Totti himself.

One would argue that training alongside Totti and generally playing in the Italian league has broadened the scope of Pjanic’s skills (look at his stunning lob against Verona at Olimpico earlier this season and you can draw comparisons to Totti’s signature move, “cucchiaio” (spoon)). When he was at Metz, he was more of an all-action attacking midfielder than the elegant one he is today.

However, while he’s not relying on pace, he has kept the will to press high up the pitch and win the ball in opponent’s half, which undoubtedly suits the way Rodgers sets his team out. His vision of teammates’ and opponents’ positions and lightning-quick thinking also stand out from the first time you see him playing (he currently has twenty two assists in less than three seasons with Roma), as well as wonderful set-piece ability, especially free kicks.

Weaknesses
While it is hard to find a true flaw in Pjanic’s game, one would expect such a skilled offensive player to score more than he does. In that sense, he is more of Andres Iniesta or David Silva, where goals are a bonus to his creative play and usually a work of art, rather than Frank Lampard, where goals are the essence (Pjanic currently has eleven goals for Roma in all competitions). He can also be considered a temperamental player, accruing eighteen yellow and two red cards during his time at Roma, which is a bit unexpected from an attacking midfielder.

Conclusion
Miralem Pjanic is the kind of player who would probably fit into Liverpool’s first eleven, provided he gets quickly accustomed to pace of Premier League and lack of breathing space afforded by opponents. His tenacity in opponent’s half would work well in tandem with either Henderson or Allen pressing on in front of either Gerrard or Lucas, while he would offer genuine creativity and set-piece ability too.

Ball retention is another important aspect of his game, which would be a step in the direction of possession-based football Rodgers wants to take in long-term with his team. Also, the pace that Rodgers injected with Daniel Sturridge and Raheem Sterling would be well exploited by Pjanic’s clever through and diagonal balls.

As an aside, Pjanic’s game intelligence, passing and composure on the ball could see him occupying the deep lying playmaker role in the future and dictating the tempo of the game in the way Pirlo and Gerrard do so at the moment.

With only one year left on his contract and World Cup looming large, where he will feature with Bosnian national team, Pjanic will not be short of suitors Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United and Arsenal all publicly linked with him.

Should Liverpool reach Champions League and should Rodgers decide to pursue him, Liverpool’s style of football and good working relationship with Roma could prove to be the key in his possible transfer to Anfield and Rodgers would have another future gem at his disposal, ready to be polished and shine as brightly as ever.

But I think Gündogan will a better choice than Pjanic :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:32 pm

In addition to his usual role as a CM in a three man midfield, Pjanic spent quite a bit of time as a regista in Garcia's set up when Roma were struck by injury, he's very capable of playing deep in midfield. One can only really classify him as a central midfielder now, it's been a long time since he's played as an attacking midfielder on a regular basis. His form has been affected by injury this season; he's been playing through injury, unable to rest and recover due to the other injuries in midfield this year but he's still a class act. He would be expensive but Roma's business model does mean that no one is untouchable as long as you meet their evaluation.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:43 pm

Pjanic and Coutinho are nothing alike ffs.

Also the three man midfield ifty posted Art?!?! Sad
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:07 pm

El Cujo wrote:Pjanic and Coutinho are nothing alike ffs.

Sorry mate, I should have corrected him once I read that. Razz
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:22 pm

It's actually nice to know that the club is looking at world class talent to replace Stevie with. Even if there was no truth to this whatsoever, it makes us feel really good regardless Razz

I hope it's true though.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:49 pm

Ifty's post was the more recent one so I just went with that x)
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:54 am

El Cujo wrote:Pjanic and Coutinho are nothing alike ffs.

Not what I said.

I said they'd play the same role.

dostoevsky wrote:In addition to his usual role as a CM in a three man midfield, Pjanic spent quite a bit of time as a regista in Garcia's set up when Roma were struck by injury, he's very capable of playing deep in midfield. One can only really classify him as a central midfielder now, it's been a long time since he's played as an attacking midfielder on a regular basis. His form has been affected by injury this season; he's been playing through injury, unable to rest and recover due to the other injuries in midfield this year but he's still a class act. He would be expensive but Roma's business model does mean that no one is untouchable as long as you meet their evaluation.

Thanks for that dos. Smile

I guess him coming would mean he would be competing with Henderson and not Coutinho* then... really thought that would of been allocated for Emre Can, but who knows what to expect with Liverpool in the market...

*Still don't think he can defend, and will need Lucas in the team for balance reasons / he's arguably the best midfielder we have.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Summer Transfer Window 2015 - Page 2 Giphy

a sample !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:13 pm

the miss scratch
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:41 pm

iftikhar wrote:the miss scratch

He made the throughball Ifthy Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:42 am

All other things aside Pjanic is one of the best passers in the world without a doubt. He rarely ever misplaces the ball, and he is silky smooth at moving it along whether it's short or long.

Again, I think if we're going after Pjanic it's because we ultimately want to move back to a 3 man midfield. It's really tough though because if we're looking at something like this:

Can/Lucas
Henderson - Pjanic

Then you are either going with a 4-3-3 or a diamond and in that case we still have all of Sterling, Coutinho, Markovic, Ibe, Origi, Balotelli and Lallana to find room for. We would be quite a deep squad up front. I assume it would be a diamond which would mean Sterling likely would have to move to striker full time.

I don't know...I feel with everyone healthy Coutinho has to be moved back into the midfield if we're going to get all our best players consistent play time. I don't think that Pjanic is best served in a 2 man midfield like the formation we've been playing. Ultimately I think if we're going to keep playing with the 3-4-3 I would like to see us take interest in Matuidi, Bender or Illaramendi TBH.

Also I still don't know why there's any debate who our best midfielder is. It's Henderson and it's not close.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:26 am

Art Morte wrote:
Anyway, for my money we are sorted as far as our top two CBs go for the next couple of years, Skrtel and Sakho. No need to buy an upgrade (like we tried to do when Rodgers thought Lovren was needed to replace Sakho, but I don't want to get entangled in that again). Ideally we would get a young CB as third-choice (I'm hoping Can's place will be in midfield) to slowly learn the trade, like Chelsea have Zouma, Everton have Stones, Arsenal perhaps Chambers etc. McAgger will say Ilori is that young CB, we'll see.

I think for the first part of the season, we should give chances to the likes of Wisdom, Ilori instead of going out again and buying someone like Lovren. Then in the winter we can judge the Players who are coming back from loan and we can see whther we really need to spend on the back up defenders because we already have our first pair as Skrtel-Sakho and Can also Lovren ( silent ) are well equipped back up for the first part of the season in case Wisdom and Ilori both are not able to give assured performances. So I will say, dont buy a CB at all, in the summer.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:31 pm

I think as far as our summer priorities go, we should be concentrating on a GK, RWB and CM. Even if Rodgers doesn't consider Wisdom, we still have Ilori & Lovern as cover. HOWEVER, I like to see how well Sakho adapts in 2-CB formation. I'm a bit puzzled with the Wisdom situation. He has played regularly for three seasons running and yet Rodgers don't seem to fancy him.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:32 pm

So linked with Felipe Anderson. :coffee:

Watched him last night. He's looked effing brilliant. Proud And apparently he's been the best player in Serie A alongsdie Tevez/Pogba this season.

Not sure if we need an AM but I wouldn't say no to him.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next