Art Morte
Curtinho
iftikhar
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Aston Villa vs. Liverpool - Page 3 Empty Re: Aston Villa vs. Liverpool

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:26 pm

6 wins in the last 8 games. Good job Fraudgers with your awful 3-4-3...oops I forgot during these runs its only the players smoking

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:33 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:6 wins in the last 8 games. Good job Fraudgers with your awful 3-4-3...oops I forgot during these runs its only the players smoking

Sepi's insightful-and-not-at-all-provoking posts of 2015 continue, I see Proud
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:28 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:6 wins in the last 8 games. Good job Fraudgers with your awful 3-4-3...oops I forgot during these runs its only the players smoking

rofl rofl rofl
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:38 pm

I'm with Sepi. <3 It's all the players obviously and Rodgers is a fraud. Oh and the 3-4-2-1 is awful.

Told you guys he'd turn it around and things would just take a bit of time. :coffee:

Borini's goal was nice. Henderson put in a great show and for my money is ready to be captain...he just looks so much more involved when Gerrard isn't there (not a condemnation of Gerrard). Thought Sakho and Can looked great, Skrtel was solid, Moreno got caught up field a couple times too many again but I think he'll learn...he's got the legs to make up for it. Enrique and Lambert on were GREAT subs today.

We go again! Make that top 4 charge.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:54 pm

Art Morte wrote:

well some of us deserves it i feel hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:31 pm

Fahim89 wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Do elaborate.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:20 pm

Art Morte wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:if we manage to draw or lose this one :facepalm:

Agreed, Rodgers deserves much credit that he rested Sterling and won the last two games. Just imagine if it had backfired, what the reaction would have been (Falcao example Laughing ) The current form is good just that Leicester draw is still hurting me, may be I should learn to 'let go' sometimes.

We just need to put another WC away 1-0 performance and come back with 3 Points. Clean shite is really important

Mine's green, is it clean?

whichever color you like Art, all it matters is that it is clean :coffee: 2-0 drinking

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:22 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Do elaborate.

Well nothing much to elaborate its just i have felt we jumped the gun too soon atleast some of us did on our final ruling on BR. So the taunts aren't uncalled for Smile
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:30 pm

Whoever were criticized Rodgers, they had every right to do so. why cant you criticize him if he was making bad decisions. But we still we have a long way to go. I dont wanna spoil the match thread with usual nonsense

Btw, the greatest thing about this game was we did survive that onslaught from Villa and for the first time, imo, instead of conceding we actually scored cheers

Also that was some defending by Sakho and Can :bow: and Skrtel too :bow:

Introduction of Weiman and change of formation took the game away from us, in terms of midfield dominance. That was kind of sad to see. Although we did manage to calm it down a bit and scored a goal.

Sterling looked OFF but fine we need him in the next few games and specially in Feb games.

Lucas and Hendo look good together but I still think there is room for improvement in terms of positioning, relative to each other, specially defensively. Also we needed introduction of Allen as sub to storm down and frustrate them by keeping the ball in last 20 or 30 min.

Also Borini looked good today. But sometimes you do realise that he can never be a starter for us. There were moments when better decision making was needed and little more quality when we counter attacked them. He simply couldnt use the ball and properly to create something. But I hope he can improve on that so that it minimises the burden from Studge, specially for cup and Europa games.

Ibe looks ready for us. What a lad he is cheers

Mig was Mig but still lot better than his trash form.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:42 am

I agree, people had every right to criticize Rodgers for his mistakes, but for turning the tables with this new formation he definitely deserves praise. Credit where credit is due.

Also Sakho, what a *bleep* rock he is :bow:
Can Proud
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:43 am

Chelsea - COC
Bolton - Fa cup
Chelsea - COC
West Ham- BPL
Everton - BPL
Tottenham - BPL
Besiktas - EL
Southampton - BPL
Besiktas - EL
Man City - BPL
Burnley - BPL
Swansea - BPL
Manchester United - BPL
Arsenal - BPL

In the BPL -  West ham, Everton, Spurs, Saints, City, United and Arsnel in our next 9 games. We also play Chelsea twice in the in this time.

I’d save the 3-4-3 is brilliant and Rodgers is a genius talk because so far we still haven’t set the world alight with it and it’s really only been tested out against scrub teams.

This next run of games will define our season.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:47 am

mr-r34 wrote:Chelsea - COC
Bolton - Fa cup
Chelsea - COC
West Ham- BPL
Everton - BPL
Tottenham - BPL
Besiktas - EL
Southampton - BPL
Besiktas - EL
Man City - BPL
Burnley - BPL
Swansea - BPL
Manchester United - BPL
Arsenal - BPL

In the BPL -  West ham, Everton, Spurs, Saints, City, United and Arsnel in our next 9 games. We also play Chelsea twice in the in this time.

I’d save the 3-4-3 is brilliant and Rodgers is a genius talk because so far we still haven’t set the world alight with it and it’s really only been tested out against scrub teams.

This next run of games will define our season.

Why is it so hard to give credit mr ?

earleir this season, we even struggled against this so called "scrub sides".

For example, the last 4 league fixtures we've won Burnley (A), Swansea (H), Sunderland (A), Villa (A), Man U got 3 points combined from those games. There are no easy games here.

Honestly, we're not gonna be unbeaten for rest of the season. I feel some are just waiting for first loss to jump on the team.

we've had one loss since removing Gerrard from DM position after Palace game in November (ironically that loss being the game Gerrard was back in DM in place of Lucas). that's a long run of games.

Honestly, let's see some get their wish and we sack BR tomorrow...who do you realistically think we'll attract? Because I guarantee you it won't be Rafa or Kloppp.

This is a man who gave e the best 4 months of football entertainment wise as LFC supporter last season and was very unlucky not to win the title after quarter of decade. He is young, he made mistakes, now he's taken a big step to fixing it and has my full backing until he's rewarding players beached on merit as he's done since that Palace game.

Yep, if he drops Sakho/Can randomly for Lovren/Johnson next week, i'll be complaining...but we've kept 3 clean sheets in a row away from home in the league for first time since 2008...He deserves some credit.

When he effe up, we can criticize him fairly and we all did.

now that he's made big decisions (Markovic as WB) and we're getting results, be fair and credit him.

that's all.

Changing managers doesn't lead to instant glory...it really doesn't.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:58 am

Rodgers definitely deserves credit for the 3-4-2-1 and the upturn in our results.

He admitted his mistakes (tactical, stubbornness and transfers related) through changing his formation to fit our squad strengths, actually choosing players based on merit, and benching some of his bad signings and others that were detrimental to our play.

Everyone was rightly pissed at him (myself included) because he was refusing to accept his own mistakes. Took him half a season to accept that and finally make changes for the better.

No Gerrard as a single DM
No Lovren
No Skrtel in a back 2
No Balotelli as a lone striker
No idiotic slow paced hoofball
No stupid 4-2-3-1
No keep playing his favorite out of form players.
No Hendo at fullback
No Coutinho as a winger

He's finally doing what most fans have been pleading him to do almost all first half of the season. We were rightly pissed then AND he rightly deserves credit now.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:13 am

Clean sheet and 3 points. Proud

El Cujo wrote:I'm with Sepi. <3 It's all the players obviously and Rodgers is a fraud. Oh and the 3-4-2-1 is awful..

Glad you've finally seen the light. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:41 am

Great win, The aerial bombardment in the second half was unreal ffs.

Borini is not good enough please sell him. Henderson will be boss. Ibe is gonna settle great.

Ibe Sterling Coutinho and Sturridge. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:39 am

Nishy wrote:Great win, The aerial bombardment in the second half was unreal ffs.

Borini is not good enough please sell him. Henderson will be boss. Ibe is gonna settle great.

Ibe Sterling Coutinho and Sturridge. Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Thumbs up
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:41 am

I liked the substitutions. May be Ibe should have come a bit earlier, as some of you already mentioned, Raheem seemed a bit off yesterday.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:29 am

We tried to sell Borini but he refused to leave lol.

About giving credit to Rodgers, yeah, we've improved, but it's true what Mr69 said, the tough, make-or-break period is only about to start when we are playing many / all of our top-4 rivals and cup games in between.

I'd also say that Rodgers was way too slow to find a formation and XI that works, it took him until middle of December and only after we had already been eliminated from the Champions League. Good on him for getting us playing better now, but it takes more than beating relegation-fodder sides before I'll be backing him again. We'll see what happens in February.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:36 pm

@Sepi

Man credit where credit is due, Rodgers has got us on a good run lately, but all i'm saying is that his going to be tested hardcore over the next 2 months, we'll either drop away and finish 8th or have a great chance at the top 4.

All i'm saying is i can't see his 3 4 2 1 working against all these top sides and it's how he goes about the next 2 months that will show his quality. If he comes out of this period alive and we still look like serious top 4 material then all credit to him considering what we've been through this season.

It's about results now, *bleep* the beautiful football,system or style, he needs to show that when it gets tough he can figure out a way of getting 3 points which is the most important thing.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:45 am

I'll continue to ride the he needs out train if Liverpool ever wants to advance to being a top side. :coffee:

Having Martinez form at Wigan doesn't change my opinion on him. Would be knee jerk really.

Performances are really underwhelming, but it's great to actually win a few.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum