RealGunner
Gil
76 posters

Page 6 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

CL R16: Chelsea vs PSG - Page 6 Empty Re: CL R16: Chelsea vs PSG

Post by chad4401 Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:04 am

Kick wrote:I'd take Real, tbh.

They have been beaten by Atleti a lot this season, so I would fancy our chances, there.

playing similar to atleti doesn't make you atleti Laughing

chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:26 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:Also, BTW, how many massive goals is Ivanovic going to score for Chelsea.

This guy needs to get more credit than he does.

Because he's an awful defender, almost every PSG attack came down his side. Every time it was Ramires and Matic trying to prevent the cross and Ivanovic was nowhere to be seen.

LOL, you're right. Mourinho usually trusts his defensive to awful defenders. Especially with an endless supply of money. That's such a Mourinho trait. He does it all the time.

Ivanovic is an awful defender and Courtois just made some routine saves today.

That must be along the same line of thinking as there's no way Costa could ever be successful playing for a Mourinho/Chelsea team.

Lol you are a funny person.
I like.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:45 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Most of the Courtois saves were saves you would expect a goal keeper of CL quality to make. None were particularly mindblowing.

Even the last Ibra one was quite comfortable in reality due to Ibra heading it down for it to bounce to a comfortable height. If Ibra heads it low but not down not a chance he saves it.

Inb4 I'm hating.

Based on the highlights I agree with this.
Which is, btw, the exact same argument I made when you were hyping De Gea after the Liverpool game Razz

Dnmac4 wrote:
LOL, you're right. Courtois just made some routine saves today.

these are more or less routine saves for Courtois. Which doesn't mean you or me, or Ter Stegen would make them.
So it's not a slight on Courtois to say this, on the contrary.

It just means that imo he's capable of far more 'unreal' saves than those ones which you'd expect him to make pretty much everytime.

I said the same after he was ridiculously made MOTM after the Utd game, and after De Gea was made MOTM after the Arsenal or Liverpool game.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:58 am

Just a regular day in the office for Courtois

http://streamable.com/e/ult8
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Referee Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:31 am

I start to cringe when Chelsea scores first with Jose because they came out for the second half without the burning desire to attack, every match he will sit on the one goal lead and in reality we should have lost once again by a 3 - 1 scoreline. The narrow miss by Cavani and the clutch save by Courtois off of Ibra's header in extra time
Referee
Referee
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://www.bestdamnreferee.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:38 am

So, watched the match now in the night rerun. Some great action by Thibaut Courtois. Other than that, the best thing was Chelsea's failed attempt to park the bus before the match Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:42 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Most of the Courtois saves were saves you would expect a goal keeper of CL quality to make. None were particularly mindblowing.

Even the last Ibra one was quite comfortable in reality due to Ibra heading it down for it to bounce to a comfortable height. If Ibra heads it low but not down not a chance he saves it.

Inb4 I'm hating.

Based on the highlights I agree with this.
Which is, btw, the exact same argument I made when you were hyping De Gea after the Liverpool game Razz

Dnmac4 wrote:
LOL, you're right.  Courtois just made some routine saves today.  

these are more or less routine saves for Courtois. Which doesn't mean you or me, or Ter Stegen would make them.
So it's not a slight on Courtois to say this, on the contrary.

It just means that imo he's capable of far more 'unreal' saves than those ones which you'd expect him to make pretty much everytime.

I said the same after he was ridiculously made MOTM after the Utd game, and after De Gea was made MOTM after the Arsenal or Liverpool game.

I don't know if you saw the game or just watched highlights but the save on Ibra was critical as the flood gates were about to open and they had like 5 corners and a bunch of shots on goal in like a 20 minute period, Chelsea was on the ropes, and Courtois got them out of there not to mention other great saves.

People don't give much thought to positioning but it's about 90% of the keepers job and Courtois is 99% of the time in the right position. If that makes the saves seem more "easy" than great but again it's his unreal positional sense at such a young age that makes these saves possible.

It basically was the turning point in the match.

I'm not saying you're slighting Courtois but the poster did say,

"Most of the Courtois saves were saves you would expect a goal keeper of CL quality to make."

I could give you numerous keepers of CL quality who don't make that save, who don't get in the correct position, close the distance down between him and Ibra and make himself as big as possible which Courtois is fantastic at.

It's really just downplaying a great game for Courtois for no reason what so ever.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:53 am

Dnmac4 wrote:People don't give much thought to positioning but it's about 90% of the keepers job and Courtois is 99% of the time in the right position. If that makes the saves seem more "easy" than great but again it's his unreal positional sense at such a young age that makes these saves possible.
That's something that disappoints me a bit, too. It is usually not the failure of the striker if he shoots right at the goalie - it is more often the fact that the goalie knew where he had to stand to make the save safely.

The great Sepp Maier famously said: "Wannst richtig zum Ball stehst, brauchst net fliagn." (Meaning: If you stand properly positioned, you don't have to make spectacular flying saves.)

Last edited by rwo power on Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:55 am

Dnmac4 wrote:I'm not saying you're slighting Courtois but the poster did say,

"Most of the Courtois saves were saves you would expect a goal keeper of CL quality to make."

I could give you numerous keepers of CL quality who don't make that save, who don't get in the correct position, close the distance down between him and Ibra and make himself as big as possible which Courtois is fantastic at.

It's really just downplaying a great game for Courtois for no reason what so ever.
If most of his saves were nothing special doesn't that tell us that some (at least 1) of his saves were something special? hmm :coffee:
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:59 am

I shortened the quote in your post a bit. By the way, it would be nice if people wouldn't always use full quotes when they only want to reply to a line or so.

And by the way, Thibaut Courtois did a very good job yesterday. He was a joy to watch. cheers
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:06 am

^ On Courtois
Almost as good as Iker in his prime. He reminds me of optimus prime captain iker casellus
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:25 am

http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2015/feb/17/chelsea-fans-prevent-black-man-boarding-paris-metro-video?CMP=share_btn_tw
The fans then chant: 'We're racist, we're racist and that's the way we like it'

Disgusting behavior.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:58 am

B-Mac wrote:Chelsea fans prevent black man boarding Paris metro train

http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2015/feb/17/chelsea-fans-prevent-black-man-boarding-paris-metro-video?CMP=share_btn_tw

disgusting bunch of rent boys jesus christ

Raptorgunner wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2015/feb/17/chelsea-fans-prevent-black-man-boarding-paris-metro-video?CMP=share_btn_tw

Disgusting behavior.

:coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:00 am

Raptorgunner wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2015/feb/17/chelsea-fans-prevent-black-man-boarding-paris-metro-video?CMP=share_btn_tw

Disgusting behavior.

ugly football + ugly fan = awesome combination

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Youri Djorka'ouf Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:01 am

If only Paris was trying as hard in French Ligue 1 as they are in the Champions League, no team in France would be able to compete. No, instead they are battling with sub-par clubs Lyon and Marseille to get to first place. Unfortunately for their fans, I'm afraid that they only have one more Champions League game to play this season, that second leg at Stamford Bridge is gonna be deadly!
Youri Djorka'ouf
Youri Djorka'ouf
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:49 am

Chelsea condemn fans who pushed black man off Paris Métro
Chelsea have strongly condemned a group of their supporters who have been caught on video singing a racist song and preventing a black man from boarding the Paris Métro.

The footage shows the man repeatedly trying to squeeze on to a busy train only to be forcefully shoved out of the door and back on to the platform at the Richelieu – Drouot station before Chelsea’s Champions League tie against Paris Saint-Germain at Parc des Princes. The fans on the train are then heard chanting a song that appears to be celebrating what has just happened and includes the line: “We’re racist, we’re racist and that’s the way we like it” while a black woman is standing directly in front of them.

The video immediately sparked widespread condemnation after being posted on to the Guardian’s website and could lead to disciplinary action from Uefa if the governing body decides an event that happened away from the stadium is within its remit. Chelsea would feasibly face a fine and a warning.

The club said: “Such behaviour is abhorrent and has no place in football or society. We will support any criminal action against those involved, and should evidence point to involvement of Chelsea season-ticket holders or members the club will take the strongest possible action against them, including banning orders.”

Do not link the acts of a few disgraceful individuals to how the club as a whole acts.

Chelsea will help bring swift action upon them as there is no place for that in society.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:16 am

CBarca wrote:Veratti was great. I don't get to watch him much but I'm always impressed when I watch him. Thought he was MOM

One player I would absolutely love for Barca to continuously pursue over the next couple years is Veratti. Come home Veratti, you have Barca DNA Proud

+1

PSG might rue those chances that they wasted in the 2nd half.

But it's still all square. Don't think Chelsea will have it in anyway easy in the 2nd leg.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:20 am

I honestly don't see the hype around Veratti. He never impresses me at all.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:21 am

rwo power wrote:So, watched the match now in the night rerun. Some great action by Thibaut Courtois. Other than that, the best thing was Chelsea's failed attempt to park the bus before the match Razz

Imagine the lulz (claims on it was foreshadowed) if Chelsea conceded 3 or more rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:53 am

I agree with Kick, I wasn't particularly impressed with Veratti. Chelsea players did not pressure the PSG midfield, Veratti and Luiz had all the time in the world to pick passes and everytime it was sideways, cant even remember ONE cross field ball they made. Also Veratti was lucky to be on the field, the guy has worse tackles than Xabi Alonso x2. He is a red card waiting to happen. Luiz was PSG's best midfielder but all in all I expected more from them than 2cm sideways especially with having so much freedom due to Chelsea deciding to sit back instead of press
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:55 am

What I'd like to know is what does Costa have to do to earn a yellow card or sending off? Yesterday, he pushed one player and pulled Luiz' hair in front of the ref without reprimand
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:55 am

Youri Djorka'ouf Proud

What a name, what a player.

Kaiserlautern legend Molenation
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:59 am

I think this referee tried to refrain from dishing out yellow card unless he absolutely needed to. Which is why Veratti got a yellow after making 4566 fouls and with Costa and Luiz managing to escape

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:09 am

El Gunner wrote:
rwo power wrote: Other than that, the best thing was Chelsea's failed attempt to park the bus before the match Razz
Imagine the lulz (claims on it was foreshadowed) if Chelsea conceded 3 or more rofl
Well, I'm pretty sure the bus will be repaired until the next match rofl
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:10 am

Didn't watch the game, just saw the goals...

Was Chelsea's goal really from a John Terry cross, Gary Cahill flick on, Ivanovic header? ffs rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:14 am

Think it was Chelsea's only shot on target as well
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor