RealGunner
Blue Barrett
33 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Movie House - Part 4 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Movie House - Part 4

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:13 pm

RED wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Just saw that Sony are merging 23 Jump Street with Men In Black

wat

someone

pls

explain

wtf? You sure?

Not true. It was mentioned in some mails and they had a meeting. But it's not happening, don't worry.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:42 pm

Freeza wrote:All my friends who watched it said it was boring and messy. All the reviewers are reviewing it very mediocre. DNA is the first to praise it from what I've seen hmm

Time to get new friends hmm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:45 pm

Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors Joe and Anthony Russo will direct Avengers: Infinity War

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2014/12/captain-america-winter-soldier-directors-will-helm-avengers-infinity-war.html
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:52 pm

Great news, their first movie was the best tone of any Marvel movie to date. It was really brilliant. Avengers 2 looks like it's going to fit in the Cap2 vibe so can't wait for them to continue that feel after Whedon's done. Joss Whedon to WB now hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Can't see Avengers 2 being as entertaining as Avengers 1. It will be much darker. Has to be because no one got time for jokes when Ultron is goating.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:13 pm

RealGunner wrote:Can't see Avengers 2 being as entertaining as Avengers 1. It will be much darker. Has to be because no one got time for jokes when Ultron is goating.

There will still be a lot of jokes and comedic elements. Which there is in almost every movie. They just don't have to make everything a straight out comedy. Nightcrawler is btw one of the funniest films all year imo, even though it has a dark tone, there is more to comedy in a movie than just jokes.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:30 pm

Gone Girl
Gone Girl might just be the most complete film I've seen since American Beauty

I just want to start with this.
This is David Fincher at his directorial best.

Well, I don't know man, I know Fight Club is insane but this film just looks so immaculate. And for that I give praise to Fincher and his main man in crime behind that lens, cinematographer, Jeff Cronenweth. The shots look so fresh and so clean (irony Razz ) and the way the story is told… My God! It's just the best way Fincher could've done it.

For the first 30 or so mins I sat through this film, I asked and said to myself: "Is this a dark comedy? Man, this feels so much like a dark comedy!" And it's because of Nick Dunne's (Ben Affleck) laid back approach to his wife's disappearance. But not just him, the whole cast up to that point played it so "cool" - if I could use that word. The lady detective is the only one that seemed serious enough, and I thought some lines and some acted parts could've actually been intended for dark comedy. But then the story just reels you in and you learn more and then an hour in - BOOM! Plot twist -
Spoiler:

I'm telling you as I experienced it, and I'm telling you, this film has a lot to it! It's really amazing. It throws you around certain genre-feels as I just explained, but it always maintains it's dark nature throughout. So much so, that somewhere in the middle of the film I felt kinda numb and that I almost had enough, but in fact this film was just so damn intriguing that I wanted to know how it ends and what's really going on! And all the while I'm thinking to myself…wait…
Spoiler:
Gone Girl is an experience on its own. And it just tells you the story so……I want to say clean, but the film isn't clean, for God's sake, Sad why do I say it's clean when it isn't clean, but it is just so clean. Laughing Smile And I draw similarities to American Beauty, because that's more or less how I felt when watching Sam Mendes' equally brilliantly directed Oscar winning film.
Oh and did I mention dark? Razz It's more psychologically dark then blood pouring dark (although we have that one scene). The dark gets you wondering about your morals and morality in this world and none more so dark when you learn the truth at the end and they show us a shot again which you see in the first minutes of the film as well, the shot of Nick looking down at Amy as she looks back at him with those eyes of hers as he contemplates the dreaded questions of the married life “What are you thinking? How are you feeling? What have we done to each other?... What will we do?”

Oh and one more thing, serious questions need to be ask.
Like, is this the best female performance in film history?
Yeah! It is just like that.
I might still be hypnotised by those eyes of hers, but at the moment I can't think of any female performance that has been as unique as this one.
My rating: 8.9/10
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:49 pm

Latino Review wrote:The three frontrunner for the role in Dr. Strange as The Ancient One are Morgan Freeman, Ken Watanabe, and Bill Nighy

They certainly aren't casting this on ethnicity. Really hoping for Ken Watanabe as he's asian, and fits the whole mystic role much better.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:28 am

Marvel Wants A Fresh Start With 'Spider-Man' Without Andrew Garfield

http://www.latino-review.com/news/marvel-wants-a-fresh-start-with-spider-man-without-andrew-garfield

Garfield was actually a great Spiderman who suffered from poor script and storylines. His chemistry with Emma Stone was the best part of the movies.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:34 am

He was a great Peter Parker. Better than Toby and I am a Toby McGuire fan.

Raimi's films were better(apart from 3) but Andrew Garfield was probably the best thing about ASM1 n 2.

Looks like we are going to have another reboot. Maybe for the last time. Marvel with creative freedom is a good thing.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:47 am

Sony is 100% at fault. Too many producers desperate to have their input and ruining the film in the process. Hope they recast Garfield and get a really really young Peter Parker. Garfield was good though. Would just love Tye Sheridan to get the role. Best teen actor out there arm.tires of these 30 year olds playing teenagers.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:56 am

Yep agreed.

Spiderman has the second best Marvel universe after X men. The arcs he has is absolutely insane. But none will ever get justice done to them due to their incompetence.

Was so pumped to see Venom in SM3 but that poverty thing was shocking. Still yet to see Carnage on screen. Madame Web won't even make it unless Marvel handles the films.

Re-Peter. I just want someone who can be as witty as peter and it comes naturally. His one liners are hilarious and it should be that way.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:59 am

Both WB and Marvel have one head producer of the universe and Sony is too late for that imo. WB did great by making Kevin Sujihara the boss, and he's sure been ambitious Proud he was appointed after MoS
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:04 am

Do you think we should make a separate thread for comic book films. Or edit the comic thread to include these films? or it's fine as it is now?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:08 am

RealGunner wrote:Do you think we should make a separate thread for comic book films. Or edit the comic thread to include these films? or it's fine as it is now?
I would love it. Since it's basically half the movie news atm. And RO would like his thread separately. Set it up RG!
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:15 am

M99 wrote:Marvel Wants A Fresh Start With 'Spider-Man' Without Andrew Garfield

http://www.latino-review.com/news/marvel-wants-a-fresh-start-with-spider-man-without-andrew-garfield

Garfield was actually a great Spiderman who suffered from poor script and storylines. His chemistry with Emma Stone was the best part of the movies.

is this actually legit and happening , Marvel got Spiderman back?

If that's true and Marvel really is about to reboot Spiderman , i could do without Garfield , even though i liked him as Spiderman too , the rest is what i didn't like so much in both rebooted movies . Man i can't wait to see if this goes through , everybody wanted this to happen for so long.

Spiderman included in an Avengers movie one day , legit Spiderman movies too , ffs i need this Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:15 am

Yea I was thinking that this thread should be for general films people like. Otherwise it would get messy with people ignoring posts which might be relevant to them, like reviews etc.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:39 am

RealGunner wrote:Yea I was thinking that this thread should be for general films people like. Otherwise it would get messy with people ignoring posts which might be relevant to them, like reviews etc.

Fully agree with this. No idea why we didn't do it sooner.

Just watched Gone Girl once again. Still amazing ffs Proud
Watched it with my parents... just reminded me why I don't watch movies with them. Having to explain everything happening Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:40 am

So made the thread for movies related with comic book. Now this thread can go back to being a thread for general movies.

http://www.goallegacy.net/t37024-the-official-marvel-and-dc-movies-thread

Please avoid posting anything related to comic book films in here.

If people want to combine both and the voting is 80% for yes then I'll merge the threads. But I doubt that will happen since people are not all that into comic book films.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:47 am

Meh I want to combine. Comic book movies are movies too and it's not like that posts about other movies get ignored here.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:50 am

Not everyone is interested in them. We have massive discussions on it and information might get lost/ignored. Plus it's easier this way

But obviously it takes 2 clicks to merge so whatever people decide.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:20 am

Spectre script has been leaked from the Sony hack. Jesus Christ that third act is horrible. So underwhelmed ffs. For once the Sony execs are right for demanding changes. Hope there are changes, who the f wrote that shit.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:40 am

Great list. Vibe can make good use of this.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/galleries/2014/12/08/20-most-overlooked-movies-of-2014-snowpiercer-begin-again-the-immigrant-and-more.html#introSlide
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:44 am

Great list. Don't agree with Edge of Tomorrow though. A movie making 370m$ can't be called overlooked in any way. Though it should've made a lot more if people actually knew what quality was, and trust word of mouth hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:49 am

I saw The Salvation recently . I'll leave it to the experts around here to make it justice if they deem it so , the only thing i will say is that Mads Mikkelsen is a fantastic actor . Such a shame anyone i recommended this movie doesn't like westerns , smh , they wouldn't even listen ffs

It takes a lot to make me consider all the feels i gave for a movie , Mads somehow most always manages , i simply love and admire this actor for how good he is in whatever he seems to be doing . The story and the atmosphere hooked me right in and how the movie went on about , how it looked and the cast was great.

Though i couldn't get past the fact freaking Cantona was on my monitor in a western Laughing

Ending you kind of expect it a bit , not exactly as it pans out , but it was cliched.. but no worries , it's been a while i've seen such a nice western .

IMDM rated 7.8 , i would give it the same actually. I really enjoyed it.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:11 am

The Maze Runner :facepalm:

You know a movie is bad when you have to constantly check the timer to see how long is left. I did that after about 25 mins in.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next