Lord Spencer
Donuts
Hapless_Hans
VivaStPauli
McAgger
95 posters

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next

Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:10 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:First of all, hames, I didn't call for Klopp to be fired.

And even if I did, that'd be more like a Utd supporter demanding Rodgers be fired Laughing

I think only one pool fan on this board actually said they wanted Rodgers out and that was RedAlert from the absolutely beginning of Brendan's tenure. Most of us agreed he needed more time and were just criticizing our woeful form in the past 4 months but you just kept insisting on blowing steam up our asses.

Whatever this is, it's hypocritical of you.

well I can't absolutely deny I'm hypocritical, but I'd say there are differences.
One difference being that Liverpool are in a completely new situation with the CL and the increased expectations.
Most people who are not Liverpool fans probably were expecting your season to be more difficult than some Liverpool fans who were hoping for a run to the European treble, bless you.
Another difference is that Dortmund's last 4 seasons were 2 times champions, 2 times 2nd place, now they are LAST.
If Liverpool had been last in the league when our discussion took place, you'd probably not have seen me insist on keeping cool and readjusting expectations as I did.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Klopp sack watch - Liverpool Edition

Post by Bellabong Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:25 am

They're last but 9 points away from fifth >.>
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:46 am

Don't call me James wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:First of all, hames, I didn't call for Klopp to be fired.

And even if I did, that'd be more like a Utd supporter demanding Rodgers be fired Laughing

I think only one pool fan on this board actually said they wanted Rodgers out and that was RedAlert from the absolutely beginning of Brendan's tenure. Most of us agreed he needed more time and were just criticizing our woeful form in the past 4 months but you just kept insisting on blowing steam up our asses.

Whatever this is, it's hypocritical of you.

You re-writing history clown.

I was fully behind him in his first, and skeptical in his second saying he was carried by SAS. I've only called for head THIS season. "From the beginning".

Also, the only reason everyone is up Liverpool "asses" is because every single one of you people (bar El Jefe who's remained deluded) has done a full 180 on their respected thoughts. Every single one of you. And you lead the pack. rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:22 am

Phritz wrote:They're last but 9 points away from fifth >.>

That may be true, but that's not how it works.
More than a third of the season is played, and they're last.
In poker there's this phenomenon called 'tilt', which is the mindset you get when you have been winning a lot and then start losing as luck turns against you.
The thought then is "damn, I was doing so fine, I don't like this, I URGENTLY need to win back what I had before I started losing", and as a consequence you play worse as you're not making the right decisions anymore.
The result of failing to get out of tilt mode usually is that you go on to lose everything you had won before lol.

Dortmund could have seen the start of the season as a however major or minor 'blip', had they won their games since the Gladbach win. But they failed to win against Paderborn after being 2:0 up and lost to Franfurt now.
As a matter of fact, of the last 10 games they lost 6, and the only one they won was due to Kramer's own goal of the millenium.
So this is not a fluke, they need to take their situation seriously, which includes not thinking about CL quali anymore. That ship has sailed.
What Dortmund officials said yesterday shows they have clearly understood that as well.

Zorc: "We have now arrived in the midst of relegation battle, everyone has to be aware of that.
In the weeks before we still always were checking the margin to upper table spots, this is over after today's game. Now, until christmas at least, it's all only about collecting as many points as possible point to leave relegation places, everything else would be glossing things over.

Klopp answering the question if he thought about quitting like Veh:
"There's no tendency towards that. I regard myself responsible. If it was only about a change of luck, and a change of manager would deliver that, make the phonecall, I'd be clearing the path.
But it's not that easy. But until I am told 'we have someone who'll do a better job' I cannot leave. I won't stand in the way of progress, but I can't leave unless there's a better solution. It is a huge responsibility, and I'm ready to face it."
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:54 am

I do not have any problem with Sahin and Kagawa but I think both of those signings were not planned signings and it was more of hope that they will be helpful to the team.

The problem is much bigger than just Klopp underperforming with this team. They lost Götze and Lewa before when everything at the club seeemes fine. Just imagine about finishing 11th in this season and it turns Hummels and Reus heads and they decide to leave and who knows probably they may even leave if Dortmund manages to finish in 2nd position in this season (just hypothetical scenario). So it could well be a start of the downfall of a team that achieved so many things just in last 5 years and that too consistently. They are surely going to lose few important players in the next 2 windows. So starting from 0 again will be a massive massive task for anyone, whether it is Klopp or someone else. Klopp would love it if he can leave the club in more healthy situation.

Well I agree there with hans that they just need to start from the scratch, play like a team whose aim is to win few games so that they survive and not dream about CL football, that simple attitude from manager and players can make hell of a difference in results.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:16 am

If he's looking to leave or gets sacked... straight to PSG it is. They were trying HARD to get him to move the past 2 summers. With PSG playing very meh under Blanc this season, i could see that move happening.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:35 am

Klopp and BvB need to get their act together and realize the league is just as important as the CL. Looks like they're putting all their eggs on the CL basket this season, because there is no way they are performing well in the CL and utter turd in the league if it weren't a priority case.

Their rise back to the summit in the past few seasons, and them challenging Bayern, is what made the Bundesliga grow in popularity (despite them selling their rival their best players).

Need them to get their act together because Bayern competing up top alone will make the league this season uninteresting.

I don't think Klopp is in danger of getting the sack. Seem's like a freak season, he's proved his worth at the club. He'll get them out of the muck.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:40 am

I don't think he's in danger of the sack if I'm honest, he has too much credibility saved up.

Plus one win gets them out of this, only way IMO he gets sacked is if they get relegated.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:46 am

Yeah, was about to say, relagtion and he's a gone, but that won't happen. Plus like u said, it's very tight at the bottom. Only like 2 points seperates 18th to 10th, or something like that. 1 win and things won't look as gloomy as the league table suggests.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:50 am

He'd leave before he gets the sack that is for sure.

Won't happen anyway, least of all to PSG lol.
They won't get relegated either.
But this is a severe incision into the history of Kloppmund, no CL, start afresh sized down.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:47 pm

10 pts below UCL qualifier spot, no reason Dortmund can't turn it around. Winter break just can't come soon enough for those guys.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:03 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:10 pts below UCL qualifier spot, no reason Dortmund can't turn it around. Winter break just can't come soon enough for those guys.

No reason, really. They just have to win all their games from now on Laughing
They did lose most of them so far, but hey, no reason.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:07 pm

Klopp overstayed his welcome at dortmund imo .

he should've realized that he had taken them as far as he could ,and that it will not get better than two back to back titles and a CL final .

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:05 pm

farfan wrote:Klopp overstayed his welcome at dortmund imo .

he should've realized that he had taken them as far as he could ,and that it will not get better than two back to back titles and a CL final .

wat?
With improved personel and better chemistry, you can always get higher. Dortmunds main weakness was lack of funds, they've massively increased their options in terms of finance, with Klopp so far not making any mistakes, they should keep him, and pay the wages to keep their players.
Medium term Dortmund can become a European Giant.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:05 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:10 pts below UCL qualifier spot, no reason Dortmund can't turn it around. Winter break just can't come soon enough for those guys.

No reason, really. They just have to win all their games from now on Laughing
They did lose most of them so far, but hey, no reason.

I don't understand your point, they don't have to win all the remaining games to catch up Schalke, M'Gladbach for the 4th position - they are 9 points away not 20. Let me remind you that Arsenal overthrew a 10 point lead from Tottenham in 2012 much later in the season than Dortmund have to at this point and believe me Arsenal didn't have to win all their remaining games either.

It's not like Dortmund have been playing crap football at all times this season, this is the same team that smashed Bayern in the Super Cup, Arsenal in the CL, played well again against Bayern in the league despite conceding late in the game, while comfortably securing qualification from the CL groups against stronger teams than they face in the league. When they click they are a good team, so it's not entirely impossible for them to suddenly start winning games, not saying they will or will not just that it's done and dusted as you are putting it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:51 pm

They're two lucky wins away from regaining their self-confidence imho, it just needs to happen. If that fails, the current panic will subside over christmas.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:42 pm

What a fraud! Seems like Dortmund have ran out of dope.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:48 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:What a fraud! Seems like Dortmund have ran out of dope.

This has to be sarcasm.....
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:43 pm

If Stuttgart beat Mainz right now. Dortmund are back to the bottom rofl

Sack him already ffs so he can come home. Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:21 am

What month of the year if these results continue does this thread turn from borderline joke to legitimate concern
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:26 am

December hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:30 am

May :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:09 am

Klopp has Bremen away as the last game of December, they Need to win it...It will be a tough Relegation battle for both the sides. Also top 5 is impossible for Dortmund, I doubt, any of the top 5 Teams will drop so many Points to allow Dortmund to make up the gap.

I would be more careful about avoiding relgation in this season, then you have a very good Chance to start fresh from the next season !!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:11 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Klopp has Bremen away as the last game of December, they Need to win it...It will be a tough Relegation battle for both the sides. Also top 5 is impossible for Dortmund, I doubt, any of the top 5 Teams will drop so many Points to allow Dortmund to make up the gap.

I would be more careful about avoiding relgation in this season, then you have a very good Chance to start fresh from the next season !!

Exactly . Their main goal should be go far in CL and Avoid relegation ( which they will imo ). Maybe I'm wrong buy it seems to me that Kagawa and Sahin are not playing as good as before they left.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:21 pm

[quote="Bénin"]
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Exactly . Their main goal should be go far in CL and Avoid relegation ( which they will imo ). Maybe I'm wrong buy it seems to me that Kagawa and Sahin are not playing as good as before they left.

Because they're not [playing] lol Sahin has made one appearance all season.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:39 pm

Phritz wrote:
Bénin wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:

Because they're not [playing] lol Sahin has made one appearance all season.

any particular reason why my man Kagawa is on the bench these days mate ? Heard he was injured for a while but even after that he is not getting minutes. His performances stats wise are nothing special, but the whole BVB team is performing poorly, so cant complain much either I believe ?

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 43 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23 ... 43  Next