Tottenham vs. Liverpool: Aug 31 (Sunday) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

Tottenham vs. Liverpool: Aug 31 (Sunday)

+12
BeautifulGame
BusterLfc
Red Alert
donttreadonred
Fahim89
DeletedUser#1
Nishankly
Helmer
McAgger
Art Morte
Curtinho
iftikhar
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tottenham vs. Liverpool: Aug 31 (Sunday) Empty Tottenham vs. Liverpool: Aug 31 (Sunday)

Post by iftikhar Thu 28 Aug 2014, 17:33

Since we beat them 2-0 at WHL on May 11, 2008; we suffered FIVE consecutive defeats until we buried the demon last season. And boy, what a resurrection that was. Not only we ripped them to shreds, we did that without our talismanic skipper and leading scorer. That win, along with the way we won, was perhaps the first indication of what to expect from the Men in Red for rest of the season.

Overall the record is pretty even at 6-5 for Liverpool in last 12 league meetings. But the Londoners must be forgiven if they can’t think beyond the last two meetings. More than the score-line; it’s the ferocity with which we went at them from the word go, and kept them pinned down till the final whistle, is enough to terrify anybody.

But then, that was last season and this is a new one. Tottenham is currently top of the table. If the win against WHU was fortuitous, the one against QPR was nothing less than commanding. Our win against Southampton wasn’t really convincing while we became totally unhinged against City. Our Magician seems to have misplaced his wand while the likes of Sturridge, Henderson and Allen are yet to evolve in the post-Suarez roles. Good thing is we can only get better from here on.

This game might see Markovic & Balotelli start while Lallana might be on the bench. If The Italian starts then it has to be a 442 diamond:

-----------Mignolet-----------
Manquillo-Skrtel-Lovern-Moreno
------------Gerrard-----------
-------Henderson--Allen-------
------------Raheem-----------
------Sturridge--Balotelli------

However, there’s a small part in me saying that we will surprise with 433

-----------Mignolet-----------
Manquillo-Skrtel-Lovern-Moreno
------------Gerrard-----------
-----Henderson--Coutinho-----
Raheem---Sturridge----Markovic
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Tottenham vs. Liverpool: Aug 31 (Sunday) Empty Re: Tottenham vs. Liverpool: Aug 31 (Sunday)

Post by Curtinho Thu 28 Aug 2014, 21:44

Would like to see this:

Manquillo-Lovren-Sakho-Enrique
Gerrard
Henderson-Coutinho
Sturridge-Balotelli-Sterling
With Markovic, Can and Lallana all making appearances.

Otherwise:

Manquillo-Lovren-Sakho-Enrique
Gerrard
Henderson-Coutinho
Sterling
Sturridge-Balotelli
Important game for us against a rejuvenated Spurs IMO.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Tottenham vs. Liverpool: Aug 31 (Sunday) Empty Re: Tottenham vs. Liverpool: Aug 31 (Sunday)

Post by Art Morte Thu 28 Aug 2014, 22:25

You'd really drop Skrtel before Lovren after the latter's horror show against City, huh? Rolling Eyes

I'm not sure what to expect from this match, but I'm not feeling afraid of Tottenham. Our defence worries me, though, a worry I hope will soon be eased since we have brought in three new defenders after all.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 28 Aug 2014, 22:38

You want me to start posting gifs of Skrtel's horror shows as early as the end of last season?

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu 28 Aug 2014, 23:03

I will keep the same defense as was against City, except GJ of course,
that second goal against City, is so painful to see, the way Lovren and Alberto push up and Skrtel-Johnson dont move at all Sad there is absolute zero cohesiveness in our defense :facepalm:

Anyways, Spurs wont be an easy game but we will in it, imo.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri 29 Aug 2014, 00:19

Starters trained in green bibs

Tottenham vs. Liverpool: Aug 31 (Sunday) BwIUb6VCAAEX4d_

Tottenham vs. Liverpool: Aug 31 (Sunday) BwIWHJlIAAAT_R7

Tottenham vs. Liverpool: Aug 31 (Sunday) BwIWHWMIAAALYIy

If bib theory is correct means Sakho-Lovren :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri 29 Aug 2014, 09:46

Sakho starting, Kolo getting slapped, Balo musing...
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 29 Aug 2014, 15:19

No Moreno, Skrtel, Johnson in training.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 29 Aug 2014, 15:30

Rodgers: "Moreno twisted his ankle and has been recovering well. Sun could be difficult for Johnson, as for Skrtel we'll see over next 48hrs

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 29 Aug 2014, 15:40

BR: "Lallana will be in the squad for sure. Enrique looks very strong and fit."

So Enrique starts, Lallana and Balotelli debuts. Decent. A result is all that this game lacks atm :I
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri 29 Aug 2014, 16:22

Too bad Rodgers decided to start Moreno before he was ready instead of using Enrique who has looked pretty beastly so far this year. Balotelli not starting Sad
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri 29 Aug 2014, 17:16

^ Enrique hasn't played a game for us since last November.

How in this world has he looked "Beastly" so far this year ? Suspect

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri 29 Aug 2014, 17:22

Enrique looked pretty out of sorts in preseason too. No way should he have started against frickin City. If anything Manquillo was undeservedly dropped and should have retained his spot and Johnson if anything should've stayed at LB.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri 29 Aug 2014, 18:42

agreed, if there was any fear to give Moreno a start against City, better option would have been GJ and Manquillo.

I hope if Skrtel is injured, we start Lovren-Sakho and and not only everyone's wish gets granted but I would really like to see a f***** consistent back 4 that would shape our defense for a long run in the season, these frracking niggles Mad

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 29 Aug 2014, 21:45

It'd be great if Enrique has the fitness to start, but I doubt that. I mean, if / when both Johnson and Moreno are out, having Enrique would be great. If Jose isn't fit, any chance of seeing Agger at left-back? hmm

Don't call me James wrote:You want me to start posting gifs of Skrtel's horror shows as early as the end of last season?

Sure do if you're feeling like it. I think it'd be clearer to just start with this season, though. Could compare all of our defenders via gifs this year. Amazing.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 29 Aug 2014, 21:54

A win would be fantastic, But would settle for a draw.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 29 Aug 2014, 21:58

Nishy wrote:A win would be fantastic, But would settle for a draw.

Why would you settle for a draw when we won this fixture 5 - 0 last season? I think we should go for the win, yet I understand they have the quality to upset us.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 29 Aug 2014, 22:06

We've mixed up the squad a lot, I reckon itll take atleast till mid September until we get rolling.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 29 Aug 2014, 22:10

We haven't mixed it up that much and the whole point anyway is to improve. I wouldn't settle for a draw.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri 29 Aug 2014, 22:14

Improve, gelling , consistency, fluidity, fitness meh
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat 30 Aug 2014, 06:26

Natalie Portman wrote:^ Enrique hasn't played a game for us since last November.

How in this world has he looked "Beastly" so far this year ? Suspect

He played very well in pre-season. Maybe you didn't watch.

Don't call me James wrote:Enrique looked pretty out of sorts in preseason too. No way should he have started against frickin City. If anything Manquillo was undeservedly dropped and should have retained his spot and Johnson if anything should've stayed at LB.

Except Enrique was a rock at the back in pre-season. Not a single succesful scoring chance was created down his side in any of the games he played including against City (funny enough as soon as he was taken off they started attacking that side mercilessly). He handled Navas like a boss. He would have been a much better option than Moreno against City ffs Enrique is miles better defensively than Johnson at this point, and based on Moreno's game him too.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat 30 Aug 2014, 09:23

Enrique was a rock in Preseason! That's like wishing ManU would be EPL champions by the 3rd week of EPL by their Preseason form. scratch
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat 30 Aug 2014, 09:24

Really looking forward to see Balo & Lallana in this game!!! cheers
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat 30 Aug 2014, 14:37

Fahim89 wrote:Really looking forward to see Balo & Lallana in this game!!! cheers

I am too. However, I would be surprised if either start.

Lallana simply won't be truly match-fit by tomorrow. He's been out for too long to have any hope of playing a full 90, or even his traditional 75.

Balotelli has a better shot, considering Rodgers' quotes about his fitness level. However, he's only been with the squad for a week now. I would expect him to come on for the last 20-30 min, either in relief of Studge or in addition to him.

Considering that Tottenham have played very narrow at time under Pochettino, we could one to counter by flooding the midfield ourselves, using one of the following set-ups:
Studge
Sterling-------------------------
------------Coutinho---Henderson
Can---Gerrard
Enrique--------------------Manquillo
Sakho---Lovren
Migs
or...
Studge---Sterling
Coutinho
Allen------Henderson
Gerrard
Sakho---Lovren
Migs

Then again... We could also look to exploit their light numbers in wide areas and start Markovic in a more traditional 4-3-3:
Studge
Markovic-----------------------Sterling
Allen------Henderson
Gerrard
Sakho---Lovren
Migs
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat 30 Aug 2014, 21:47

Skrtel out for 3 weeks.

I guess we'll finally see how Lovren-Sakho will work out

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next