Last edited by boyzis on Mon 15 Sep - 8:21; edited 1 time in total

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Jack Wilshere - Page 3 Empty Re: Jack Wilshere

Post by EL Patron Sat 13 Sep - 10:51

boyzis  Laughing

as I mentioned earlier playing him in a deeper role would be a waste and todays performance proved that. He is been our best midfielder so far this season, he is getting better and better. There is still a lot to come from him as long as he stays fit and gets a good run of games.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat 13 Sep - 11:18

I've always rated him highly, unfortunately he is injury prone...too much
I'm glad to see him playing as today , it was beautiful to see again that Wilshere back .Today I 've recognized him
He would be best Arsenal player if fit, but , this is problem.also big problem, recently
Anyway he was the MOTM also against Bekistas in decisive play off for CL . Maybe we are watching  really a different Wilshere than last year , and tbf it is not difficult to make better than last
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 13 Sep - 11:25

+1

and of course Proud

https://vine.co/v/Oan5lK0enmj
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat 13 Sep - 11:39

Wilshere is making a good point about the 3 man midfield, you can see why Wenger is sticking with it. I wonder if it would be a good idea to play a diamond midfield with Özil ahead of Wilshere/Ramsey/Arteta, the same way Liverpool do with Sterling/Henderson/Allen/Gerrard. We now have a bunch of attacking fullbacks so width can't be a big problem and our wide players usually tuck in anyway so the difference won't be big. Also Welbeck/Alexis can always drift wide when necessary.

Atleast until Walcott comes back this could be a better formation than the 4-3-3 and I doubt it can be worse.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat 13 Sep - 12:01

I suggested a diamond, too, in the post-match thread. Even when Walcott comes back, you can play him up front since he'll have a partner. You can play Podolski there, too.

Ozil, Cazorla and Rosicky for AM. Wilshere, Ramsey and Chamberlain for CM. Fits the squad quite well.

Width can come from either full backs, central midfielders, the AM or the two forwards. So even with defensive full backs you can have Ozil float into wide positions as he did for Werder Bremen, or you can have Alexis and Welbeck makes runs into wide positions which they'd be comfortable doing.

Not the easiest of formations to play and is one that requires a lot of hard work and energy to make it work, but it would get most of our players into their best positions without having to give someone else the shaft.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sun 14 Sep - 16:15

Well I may look silly now for suggesting DLP for Jack after that performance. But I still like the idea of trying him out as a DLP in a 4231. There's no reason he cant still do what he did yesterday from a DLP role.

As for the diamond, I mentioned this a couple of months ago. I'd love to see it but doubt it will be tested.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMamba Mon 15 Sep - 3:46

i like the diamond as well, would accomodate most of our dynamic players.

DLP don't usually venture too forward like alonso and pirlo. wilshere and ramsey are best at B2B CM, their goals come from well timed runs, good passers but not responsible for dictating play like DLP does, both can dribble decently, full of enregy, can tackle, creative etc.

however both need a DLP/DM beside them and can't really play together. might work in a diamond.

wilshere should get more than enough minutes in direct rotation with ramsey in 4-2-3-1. but this 4-1-4-1 is making things unpredictable more for arsenal itself than the opponents.
RedMamba
RedMamba
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Jack Wilshere - Page 3 Empty Wilshere Position/

Post by boyzis Tue 23 Sep - 12:47

He is a CAM. Cant PLAY CM. He Does not Know How to Play That Role.

Either play him in the correct position or bench him.

Evil or Very Mad

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 23 Sep - 12:49

He was really good tonight wherever he played.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 23 Sep - 12:50

Please make like 10 more Wilshere threads, it's been a long time since we haven't had one.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 23 Sep - 12:52

merged
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue 23 Sep - 13:20

The problem with Wilshere is that nobody seems to know what his best position is. It is like his creativity comes in spurts surrounded by a lack of vision and creativity, forcing him to hold the ball to long taking unnecessary fouls. I had always thought that his best positions was back when he was more of a defensive minded box to box. He use to pull off some crushing tackles. It does end up being an issue for Arsenal and England though since he really is not exceptional at any one position. He is really more of a hard working athlete in between several different positions and great at none. Just not sure if it was poor tactics from Wenger at Arsenal that forced him up. Or the lack of discipline pushing him forward and Wenger not addressing it. At Arsenal there are better more consistent CAMs. If that is his best position not sure we will ever see the best he could be.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 23 Sep - 13:30

His best position is the one he's playing right now, box to box midfielder. He's definitely not a CAM, atleast not right now as he struggles and doesn't prefer to play with his back to goal.

For him to be at his best he needs to see the pitch and have the responsibility to create as well as defend and for that to happen he needs to play as a box to box midfielder.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue 23 Sep - 13:37

Agree.

Just wish he would have a little more discipline and stay back more. Although think that has more to do with tactics and Wenger.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMamba Wed 24 Sep - 2:37

If wenger heeds his own advice that he gave to ramsey i.e. don't overcomplicate, just simplify; it would serve arsenal and the players good.

We have enough games to rotate wilshere and ramsey at B2B CM in double pivot. They just need to be told to do their primary job first i.e. dictate tempo and play from center of midfield, hold position and not rush to edge of the box at first opportunity. They should not be expected or burdened to score or assist. Both are very good at timing runs into the box, more potent and unpredictable when coming from deep but not so good at forcing offensive play.

I believe its not wilshere's fascination to not stay back more rather wenger's directives. The same man who thought it to be a good idea to give alex song creative license. The man just does not give a shit about defense, discipline, organization and tactics. Since Viera/Gilberto, he has always turned his CM into AM at the expense of chaos at the back.
RedMamba
RedMamba
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon 27 Jun - 15:15

I am a bit concerned about him.

Noticed lately that he doesn't dribble at all nevermind doing it effectively. He seems to be in constant fear of getting injured which is hindering him as a player. Maybe its just because he hasn't been playing regularly but its concerning. He also seem to have bulked and lost a bit of agility. His burst of acceleration isn't the same either

Wonder if he will ever be the same player again?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Mon 27 Jun - 16:22

What was it 2011 since he had that barcalona performance? he hasnt progressed since then, he's in fact, REGRESSED. He has been awful ever since that season lets be honest. Whenever he played for us wenger has shifted him to the wing for a reason, and he's even shit there aswell. He has awful positional sense and tactical awareness.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon 27 Jun - 19:07

I don't see it happening.

Ironically, he never capitalized on Ramsey's injury and with all the disciplinary problems and just childish behavior, I think he drowned in his own hype and could not back up his skills with the necessary work ethic or attitude. He's only 24, but he needs a big time reality check. Ramsey came back from a broken leg and has showed he can be a key player when needed.

With the Xhaka acquisition, I do not see him getting any real chances and sadly, condemn him to mediocrity Crying or Very sad
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 28 Jun - 2:06

I think the concern is genuine throughout the fanbase.

Still maintain injury has been his worst enemy instead of bad attitude
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 28 Jun - 2:15

One problem he has is that he's actually bulked up too much so he's not as agile as he used to be. When he was a skinny little 17 year old he was gliding past people with ease. Now he's this stocky guy who can maybe get past one and that's it.

Injuries have hindered him as well because it's meant less time on the training field working on his game and more time in the gym rehabbing and bulking. And when you know your ankle can go kaput with the slightest touch that surely effects how he plays, too.

Then there's the fact no one really knows his best position. Deep-lying playmaker? Attacking midfielder? Wide midfielder? Different managers have different opinions.

This season is a big one for him. He needs to prove his fitness, that he can stay fit for the season, and improve his game because he's way behind the likes of Ozil, Cazorla and Xhaka and even behind Ramsey and Elneny now. Maybe he can use this time out the team to really improve himself.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed 29 Jun - 3:45

I didn't see him as that bad at the Euros tbh. I think he will profit from being coached by another coach than Wenger.

Wenger is more and more proving himself to be incapable of improving young talents to the point where they are tactically mature. Probably because he let's them do what they want.

Wilshere needs someone to train his HEAD, urgently. So either he should leave or he should stay and hope that Arsenal get a good new coach after Wenger leaves to coach England.

Basically Arsenal should hire Bielsa to give all their players a MAN's lesson, as he did with Payet.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 29 Jun - 5:20

He hasn't regressed he's the same exact player he was, he just didn't bother to learn or adapt his game to get better.

Injuries are not an excuse really either, well it's part of it but mostly because he never bothered to learn, get better and adapt.

I said when the Barcelona performance happened and have been saying it ever since that he needs to make better decisions, know when to pass and stop dribbling so much but he never did.

In many ways he's the stereotype of that england team, bad decision making and just all round thick.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 19 Jun - 12:39

Well... this is it.

Jack Wilshere - Page 3 DgFMe2FUcAAgCtO
Jack Wilshere - Page 3 DgFMg-qVQAA9dqO
Jack Wilshere - Page 3 DgFMhxLUwAEHJck
Jack Wilshere - Page 3 DgFMir6UwAAJZwD
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 19 Jun - 12:40

Biggest 'what could have been' tbh

Don't think I have ever seen someone as talented as he was at 16 at Arsenal.

Hope he does well elsewhere
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue 19 Jun - 12:49

Best of Luck Jack Thumbs up
Sina
Sina