Ganso
McAgger
Lex
RealGunner
33 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who will go through to the Semi final?

Quarter-Final: Costa Rica Vs Netherlands - Page 3 Vote_lcap29%Quarter-Final: Costa Rica Vs Netherlands - Page 3 Voting_bar 29% 
[ 7 ]
Quarter-Final: Costa Rica Vs Netherlands - Page 3 Vote_lcap71%Quarter-Final: Costa Rica Vs Netherlands - Page 3 Voting_bar 71% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 24

Quarter-Final: Costa Rica Vs Netherlands - Page 3 Empty Re: Quarter-Final: Costa Rica Vs Netherlands

Post by Ganso Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:08 am

in what world were the Dutch bad?they dominated the match, hit the bar twice and missed a few easy chances.just unlucky, definitely not a bad game from them

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Quarter-Final: Costa Rica Vs Netherlands - Page 3 Empty Re: Quarter-Final: Costa Rica Vs Netherlands

Post by Cruijf Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:10 am

Ganso wrote:in what world were the Dutch bad?they dominated the match, hit the bar twice and missed a few easy chances.just unlucky, definitely not a bad game from them

Bad finishing is what I meant, with the chances they had they should've easily won in normal time.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:14 am

This is some bullshit.

He's saved like two penalties for us in 7 years ffs.

I fully expect to never concede a penalty again now tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:17 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:This is some bullshit.

sorry but the manager is a very big factor in penalty saving :coffee:
Btw, out of 4 games in 1/8 th round, this one i enjoyed the most

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:20 am

Yeah, I have the data here - Tim Krul saved 2 of 34 penalties he saved so far and didn't have to face a PSO until today. Funnily with this PSO and 2 of 5 saved pens he considerably improved his stats. Jasper Cillessen was even worse, though, as he so far saved none of the 19 pens he faced (in open play) so far.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:23 am

Costa Rica played Uruguay, England, Italy and Holland but only conceded 1 goal.

:bow:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:27 am

That Sacchi Milan offside trap :bow:
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:38 am

Costa Rica deserve a lot of credit, magnificent run from them. Smile
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:25 am

CONCACAF Molenation

Has to be their best showing at a WC to date. Having all, but one, advance out of the group stages is some achievement truly. Excellent stuff from this region.

Gotta favor Argentina against the Dutch now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:18 am

I have never understood why Krul is not the Dutch GK starter . he deserved this glory

Respect for Costa Rica, great organization of game style visible from offside trap Sacchi-esque , done against all, Italy had his record of offsides I think. .. Yesterday too
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:04 am

Cillissen was the keeper simply because he was the most consistently good for his team last season.

Anyway, what a relief. RVP was bottling it hard; I was screaming for Klaas for ages and when he did come in he had almost no time. Netherlands didn't play all that great. Quite a bit of bad passing (Kuyt was really pissing me off) and the finishing had a lot to be desired as well. Overall though, no one can say that this was not a deserved victory. Robben was great and Sneijder was mostly just awesome with his shots.Extremely relieved. That penalty shootout was mental though. Made me feel anxious like only Barça is capable of in their toughest matches.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:10 am

Calma Mole.  :coffee:  Frans Hoek had instructed the keepers to not play the guessing game but just to keep watching where the ball goes. I don't know what he has been instructed at Newcastle/Nouveau ChĂ¢teau/soon to be Nieuwkasteel (if the rumors are true) but it was just that. Hoek told Van Gaal that Krul has a slightly better reflex and mostly a better reach so subbing in Krul would make most sense with this sort of penalty shootout. I assume he'll (Krul) want to do this at Newcastle as well from now on.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:13 am

McLewis wrote:CONCACAF Molenation

Has to be their best showing at a WC to date. Having all, but one, advance out of the group stages is some achievement truly. Excellent stuff from this region.

You though Argentina was convincing against those bottling Belgians? I don't think that they would've done any better against this Costa Rica side. And The Netherlands will go back to playing the reaction game now which they couldn't do against Costa Rica.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:15 pm

mole, that is what surprised me even more. Even the commentator mentioned that Krul does not have a great penalty saving record. This just has to be one of the greatest "rabbit out of the hat" moments I have ever seen in a world cup.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:16 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:

sorry but the manager is a very big factor in penalty saving :coffee:
Btw, out of 4 games in 1/8 th round, this one i enjoyed the most

At least it had some drama even if towards the end. The first and especially third match could be prescribed as sedatives.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:17 pm

RealGunner wrote:Costa Rica played Uruguay, England, Italy and Holland but only conceded 1 goal.

:bow:

Also they didn't lose a single match in their entire world cup.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:19 pm

The Franchise wrote:That Sacchi Milan offside trap :bow:

I was saying to myself in this match the Dutch are even struggling to get corners and the number of off sides is way too high. It all changed towards the end though.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:19 pm

manchester fans on twitter creaming their pants over van gaal's " tactical genius " for replacing a goalie :facepalm:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:21 pm

McLewis wrote:CONCACAF Molenation

Yes great showing by CONCACAF and very unexpected at that. Mexico was said to be hopelessly weak. The USA was thought of as trash. Costa Rica no one even bothered to talk about. CONCACAF rarely does much in world cups and beyond USA and Mexico they are considered pretty much a nonentity. This time they have caused a huge surprise outdoing AFRICA and of course ASIA. Kudos to them.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:23 pm

Madvillain wrote:Cillissen was the keeper simply because he was the most consistently good for his team last season.

Anyway, what a relief. RVP was bottling it hard; I was screaming for Klaas for ages and when he did come in he had almost no time. Netherlands didn't play all that great. Quite a bit of bad passing (Kuyt was really pissing me off) and the finishing had a lot to be desired as well. Overall though, no one can say that this was not a deserved victory. Robben was great and Sneijder was mostly just awesome with his shots.Extremely relieved. That penalty shootout was mental though. Made me feel anxious like only Barça is capable of in their toughest matches.

Agree with everything else but Sneijder did show some good vision and intelligence at times.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Insoucious Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:23 pm

Costa Rica is the big surprise of this tournament, no one expected them to get through the group stages (death group) but they did even better because they reached quarter-final and they could have reached semi-final with some luck, great team, they deserve a huge respect.
Insoucious
Insoucious
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:27 pm

insoucious is rvp/robben ordinary players now? after failing to score on costa rica in your opinion?
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 pm

messixaviesta wrote:

mole, that is what surprised me even more. Even the commentator mentioned that Krul does not have a great penalty saving record. This just has to be one of the greatest "rabbit out of the hat" moments I have ever seen in a world cup.

Sounded like Van Gaal planned it with the coaching staff all tournament, shows the difference of having a great coach and a rubbish one.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Insoucious Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:04 pm

chad4401 wrote:insoucious is rvp/robben ordinary players now? after failing to score on costa rica in your opinion?

I don't know why you're asking me this question but nevermind.
Robben and RVP aren't ordinary players, they're both great players.
Robben has been better in this WC than RVP (his only great match was against Spain), Robben is more dangerous, he always tries things, his dive against Mexico gave the key to quarter final etc... unlike RVP that has been quite invinsible on the last matches.
Even if RVP isn't having a great WC, he's still a great player.
Insoucious
Insoucious
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:44 am

Thats pretty impressive, to sub a GK on just for the PKs and the GK guesses all 5 penalty takers shooting direction.

Costa Rica totally outplayed in this match though, Netherlands looked so strong even in extra time....amazing.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3