Helmer
iftikhar
DeletedUser#1
Curtinho
McAgger
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Liverpool FC vs Borussia Dortmund - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool FC vs Borussia Dortmund

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:23 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:MANQUILLO AND LOVREN :bow: :bow:

Every attack they tried going to our left Johnson side because Manquillo was beasting. Didn't let a single cross in from that side. Lovren is boss. Exactly the sort of leader on the front foot we needed. Both Skrtel and Sakho will benefit next to him.

Coutinho is a god :bow:  The bromance between Cou and Studge is great to see.

Didnt someone say Lovren is no better than Kolo  Laughing (RA? not sure) .

Red Alert wrote:

How many games did you watch him play? Or are you rating him off of whoscored? lol

Lovren IS NOT an upgrade over Skrtel. If we go in with the same defence, we will concede roughly the same amount of goals as last season. The question will be if we're able to score as much as we did, which I highly doubt we'll be able to do so.

He'll most likely have a strong start like Kolo, become a "club icon" and get found out. lol

Nice try though.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Liverpool FC vs Borussia Dortmund - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool FC vs Borussia Dortmund

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:45 pm

We will see how he turns out to be later as the season goes ahead...I can see you bashing him, immediately after one game. I am ready with all guns to defend him :coffee:
You just can not deny that he looked immense yday, with his confidence and his skills, ability, calmness. So Hala Lovren :bow:

So I am sure we will not miss Suarez as everyone thought, we will of course, but not so much. Coutinho and Sterling :bow:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:08 pm

Liverpool FC vs Borussia Dortmund - Page 4 BurnYNeCcAAcSas

I love this man Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:34 pm

It's not just Liverpool who will benefit from the arrival of Dejan Lovren, according to Martin Skrtel – he believes the added competition can help bring out the best in him too.

The Croatia centre-back, a summer recruit from Southampton, made his debut against Borussia Dortmund on Sunday, lining up alongside the No.37 at the heart of the Reds rearguard.
With Daniel Agger, Mamadou Sakho, Kolo Toure and Sebastian Coates also in the defensive ranks, rivalry for places will be fierce - but it's a challenge Skrtel will relish tackling.
"Dejan Lovren had great season with Southampton and I am really happy that he is with us," he told his official website.
"We all need competition because that is what keeps you motivated. He will make us stronger, so I really welcome his arrival - and it will only make me work harder.
"Liverpool is not only about 11 players. We will have many games this season, so every player will be important."
Compare that attitude to other CB's attitude pls  silent 
I am sure RA is going to be wrong every bit about Lovren :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:50 pm

So someone told me Manquilo does not have not the potential to replace the great one, JohnSon
Spoiler:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:24 pm

Look at the way we play ffs. It's almost a 3-1-5-1 Rodgers :bow:

Liverpool FC vs Borussia Dortmund - Page 4 Screen_Shot_2014_08_11_at_14_26_43
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:35 pm

That looks pretty normal no? Johnson would be cut off at the bottom so it would be 4 - 1 - 3 in the picture.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:46 pm

I'm sure Johnosn is in line with Coutinho-Sterling-Hendo.

Just look at Manquillo at the far side running up, I expect Johnson to be doing something similar.

Basically Gerrard dropping between the CB's makes it a line of 3 and collects the ball. Emre patrols that area in front of the 3 guys and does the dirty work while Hendo pushes up to get in line with Phil and Raheem.

Skrtel - Gerrard - Lovren
Emre
Manquillo - Hendo - Coutinho - Sterling - Johnson
Sturridge
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:05 pm

Yeah they play more as wing-backs for sure but I was just talking about the picture in general. Isn't that Manquillo with the ball? Hard to see cuz it's grainy. If so he's in line with the other defenders.

But yeah Rodgers very much pursues an attacking philosophy that has pretty drastic shape changes.

Like he starts with the 4-3-3 that turns into a 2-1-4-3 on the attack or even like you posted with a 3-1-5-1 and a 3-6-1 coming back. All of different levels with Gerrard dropping in and out of the defence and the wingbacks (which is really what they are with Rodgers) overlapping quite a bit. I also think it's why Enrique will do wonderfully for Rodgers because he can run for days and is defensively solid for the most part.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:15 pm

The guy with ball definitely looks like Skrtel, and Manquillo can be seen very close to the far linesman making a run on the far side.

But yeah as you said, the beauty of Rodgers is the tactical flexibility and how every player can fluidly play any role necessary at any given moment.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:49 pm

Liverpool FC vs Borussia Dortmund - Page 4 LOVREN_zpsbe31c978

Lovren pushing up and nobody else even paying attention :facepalm:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:53 pm

btw, regarding that formation thing, we might see sometimes 4-2-3-1 in this season, specially at home :coffee:

yeah it is like a well known fact that our defense is always slow to push up immediately when playing deep!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:34 am

Liverpool FC vs Borussia Dortmund - Page 4 1407684176370_wps_6_LIVERPOOL_ENGLAND_AUGUST_
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:05 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:btw, regarding that formation thing, we might see sometimes 4-2-3-1 in this season, specially at home :coffee:

Truthfully I'd like to see it any time Gerrard is not in the line-up.

Any of Henderson/Allen/Can/Lucas manning the double pivot with a combination of Sterling/Coutinho/Lallana/Markovic/Suso/??? (Ibe?) in the three attacking positions and Sturridge/??? (Eto'o?)/Lambert at striker suits the formation well IMO.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:59 pm

A bit late but thought I should still post this as I love Klopp

Liverpool FC 360@LFC_360
Jurgen Klopp spent the entirety of his pre-game session, observing Liverpool train.

You never stop learning. #LFC

Liverpool FC vs Borussia Dortmund - Page 4 BusJ_Z1CQAAWvMY
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4