This thread hasn't gone the way I intended. hmm

Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Aaron Ramsey - Page 2 Empty Re: Aaron Ramsey

Post by Gil Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:18 pm

Zealous wrote:
Gil wrote:Isn't Illara Xavi's heir though?

Think you mean Xabi. Then again I've given up on trying to rationalize some of the things you post lol

LMAO. Yeah, Alonso. Isn't he a DM?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:21 pm

no he is not a DM
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:27 pm

Illarramendi is nothing like Xavi imo. He's sluggish, can't dribble and can't do anything B2B. He's basically a poor mans Alonso based on what he's shown at Real Madrid so far, maybe slightly quicker, but that's not saying much.

Overall I don't know why we signed him anyway. I guess the club assumed we would always need someone similar to Alonso to replace him, however we don't.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:31 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Illarramendi is nothing like Xavi imo. He's sluggish, can't dribble and can't do anything B2B. He's basically a poor mans Alonso based on what he's shown at Real Madrid so far, maybe slightly quicker, but that's not saying much.

Overall I don't know why we signed him anyway. I guess the club assumed we would always need someone similar to Alonso to replace him, however we don't.

the comparison from xavi to Illarra was made for the uniqueness and justness of his decision making. intangible elements that make a midfielder great, not the silly stuff like dribbling or stuff you see on youtube. And those comparisons are very true, his decision making is almost always 10/10. Xavi and players like Xabi are great because they take the right decisions on the pitch all the time, in terms of how fast to play, how long to hold onto the ball, where to pass, where to direct the game, etc...

well, didnt expect you to catch that, but it's important to clarify nonetheless.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:31 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Zealous wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:not at 45 millions we are not

We'll see I doubt that's how much he'll cost.

Still I'd rather pay that than 70 million for Pogba lmao
i would do otherwise, at least pogba has shown something we can all attest of.

45 millions is his release clause, and thats what they are asking.

Uhhh What has Pogba shown exactly? From where I'm standing he's done nothing that is so impressive that we should pay 70-80 million for him and his ridiculous haircut. Winning the league in a one team league (and a very weak one team league at that) is supposed to impress me? rofl

Also I want to avoid Raiola like the plague.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:33 pm

You won't get Ramsey either then.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:34 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Illarramendi is nothing like Xavi imo. He's sluggish, can't dribble and can't do anything B2B. He's basically a poor mans Alonso based on what he's shown at Real Madrid so far, maybe slightly quicker, but that's not saying much.

the comparison from xavi to Illarra was made for the uniqueness and justness of his decision making. intangible elements that make a midfielder great, not the silly stuff like dribbling or stuff you see on youtube. And those comparisons are very true, his decision making is almost always 10/10. Xavi and players like Xabi are great because they take the right decisions on the pitch all the time, in terms of how fast to play, how long to hold onto the ball, where to pass, where to direct the game, etc...

well, didnt expect you to catch that, but it's important to clarify nonetheless.

Both of you make good points imo.

Illarra has struggled in some games but then again so did Xabi when he first came to Madrid.

I believe in Illarra, like you said he understands the game perfectly and it's a rare quality. It's also why I'm a fan of William btw his defensive understanding is exceptional from what I have seen.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Nah i am not saying he is worth that money, but i am saying that there is more security into spending that kind of money for his talent and what he has shown, than paying for a guy no one watches but on youtube. Not to mention, he looks like a purely defensive minded player. You dont need to spend 45 millions for that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

LOL at won't. If Madrid want him he'll be a Madrid player eventually.

If push comes to shove we'll just get Bale to put him in a Madrid kit during international duty :coffee:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:37 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

i was talking about William Carvalhao the goat Dm from portugal no one watches but will tell you he is the next best thing nonetheless. His release clause is 45 mil.

i would have 0 problem to see my club paying that for Ramses

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:37 pm

Nah i'm saying if you won't spend 45m to get Carvalho you won't get Ramsey because that won't be enough to get him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:39 pm

Would Ramsey be more expensive than Ozil and Mata? Proud
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:40 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Nah i am not saying he is worth that money, but i am saying that there is more security into spending that kind of money for his talent and what he has shown, than paying for a guy no one watches but on youtube. Not to mention, he looks like a purely defensive minded player. You dont need to spend 45 millions for that.

We have more than enough offensive pieces on the team already. Signing Pogba doesn't add much to our net benefit imo.

William is a player that will add much more to our current squad if only because he'll help improve our current weaknesses. I believe we can sign him for less than 45 million if Sporting were willing to negotiate and if William wanted to come. We have pieces we can bargain for to bring the price down.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:42 pm

Note: I have actually seen William play in more than one match Proud

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:42 pm

IMO yes.

Arsenal now has no financial troubles if anything its the opposite, just gave him a massive new contract.... he's a massively key player not even in his prime.

Not the same as Ozil and Mata.... one wasn't wanted and the other was not as necessary with Bale coming in etc etc.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:43 pm

William looks good on YouTube, a bit more polished than Kondogbia.

Problem is, all his highlights are from Portugal under 21 games Laughing
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:45 pm

What madrid player is going to go to Sporting? that's speculation.

Benfica made us pay the full clause for Fabio, i am not expecting any less from Sporting. And he is a mendes guy...

no, if you want a DM, go get Luiz Gustavo at wolfsburg, 24 mil release clause, experience winning the CL and playing elite games (and performing) in CL. That serves our ambitions of winning now than spending 45 mil for a kid we dont know, and have not seen performing at a high enough level.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:48 pm

He's been very good this season, I watched him play against Porto and in the friendly against Cameroon.

I'll be honest though both times I wasn't actually watching those games with him in mind. In the first game I just happend to catch the beginning of that game and kept watching and in the second I just wanted to watch CR Proud

He was impressive in both games imo. LOL at the Kondogbia comparison rofl

I could be in the process of being deceived though hmm I would love to hear Dani's opinion on him since he is a Porto fan.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:What madrid player is going to go to Sporting? that's speculation.

Benfica made us pay the full clause for Fabio, i am not expecting any less from Sporting. And he is a mendes guy...

no, if you want a DM, go get Luiz Gustavo at wolfsburg, 24 mil release clause, experience winning the CL and playing elite games (and performing) in CL. That serves our ambitions of winning now than spending 45 mil for a kid we dont know, and have not seen performing at a high enough level.

Big reason why I think he'll be on Madrid's radar. Mendes is going to pimp him out to us aggressively.

lol at Luis Gustavo, no thank you.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:50 pm

I suggest we get a DM who's good at tackling, intercepting, can be physical, decent at passing and linking up play, decent ball control and dribbling, high intelligence/tactically good and not error prone. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:51 pm

I asked Dani, he doesnt care. CRimson pimping the shit out of him on bigsoccer Laughing.

but like i said, if you want a DM, go for 24 mil Gustavo, much better, proven, versatile, experienced.

there is no phantasm around him, but we know he is legit.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:56 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:I asked Dani, he doesnt care. CRimson pimping the shit out of him on bigsoccer Laughing.

but like i said, if you want a DM, go for 24 mil Gustavo, much better, proven, versatile, experienced.

Dani acting indifferent hmm Usually if he thinks someone sucks he'll let you know hmm

If Gustavo was legit Bayern wouldn't have sold his ass. No thanks.

Last edited by Zealous on Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:57 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I suggest we get a DM who's good at tackling, intercepting, can be physical, decent at passing and linking up play, decent ball control and dribbling, high intelligence/tactically good and not error prone. hmm

William is at least 5 of those things hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:58 pm

Zealous wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Zealous wrote:

We'll see I doubt that's how much he'll cost.

Still I'd rather pay that than 70 million for Pogba lmao
i would do otherwise, at least pogba has shown something we can all attest of.

45 millions is his release clause, and thats what they are asking.

Uhhh What has Pogba shown exactly? From where I'm standing he's done nothing that is so impressive that we should pay 70-80 million for him and his ridiculous haircut. Winning the league in a one team league (and a very weak one team league at that) is supposed to impress me? rofl

Also I want to avoid Raiola like the plague.  

You've made it clear before that you don't watch enough Serie A to diversify that Juventus' superior consistency and depth in the league does not make it directly equivocal to it being a weak league. Pogba's performances are also not directly proportional to those outliers; as I surmise you've scouted him since the turn of the year in which he has been below his standard and been called to be benched. As otherwise his Juventus' career has been nothing short of outstanding, no midfielder U-21 bar Verratti performing to those levels.

@YohanModric: So I guess we'll ignore Modric in his first year breaking the simplest of elementary roles of a quintessential CM or Xabi not adapting in such mercurial fashion either. Dribbling, agility and looking graceful is not the be all end all to a midfielder especially considering your signing has received inconsistent gametime to which leads to sluggish and performances that do not reflect the abilities of a player. Illara was deployed in the '2' of a 4-2-3-1 under Montanier and the '1' of a 4-1-2-3 and is not suited to be such a supplementary player in the current Madrid semantic. Then again its obvious you did not observe him last season and would notice overt traits rather than subtle ones which accumulate to make a truly intelligent midfielder.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:01 pm

Zealous wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:I asked Dani, he doesnt care. CRimson pimping the shit out of him on bigsoccer Laughing.

Dani acting indifferent :hmm:Usually if he thinks someone sucks he'll let you know hmm

If Gustavo was legit Bayern wouldn't have sold his ass. No thanks.
He left because he doesnt fit Pep fantasy of what a single pivot is supposed to be in his system. It doesnt mean that he is a bad player. If i recall, pep is the guy that let Etoo and yaya go, were they shit too? no just african...and another negrito left bayern, shocking. come to madrid alaba...Proud

mind you, Javi Martinez doesnt even fit that profile himself for pep Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next