Soul
Kick
Uncanny
Katy Perry
8 posters

Go down

Your favourite Chelsea matches ever Empty Your favourite Chelsea matches ever

Post by Katy Perry Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:56 am

We've probably watched a thousand of Chelsea games since we've become one of the blues, but which ones for has left you the best memories and why?

I'll start with mine (no particular order):
Chelsea - Liverpool 3-2 04/05 Carling Cup final. I remember it because it was the start of everything. It was Mourinho and Abramovich's first trophy, it was the first of the 8 famous and decisive goals that Didier scored at Wembley, but it wasn't the start of the successful Chelsea we know because then I would disrespect the. good work of a lot of people, including my compatriots Gianfranco Zola, Gianluca Vialli, Claudio Ranieri and a young Roberto di Matteo. What I meant by the start of everything is simply the start of my love for Chelsea. That was the first football match outside italian league and for some reason, something in the air that day, I got amazed by that blue team and started supporting them until this moment.

Chelsea Hull City 2-1 09/10 PL's 1st matchday. I remember it because it was our first PL match and Ancelotti's debut, but most importantly I remember it because it was my first time ever at the Stamford Bridge. It wasn't exactly our greatest match ever, infact, we went 1-0 down pretty early and the guy who scored was the same one who's been forcing Cech to wear his hat, hence the boos against him. Drogba equalized a few minutes later and just when few people were already leaving disappointed by the result Drogba scored probably a total fluke, or a masterpiece indeed, literally a last second lob from very wide position and outside the box, it was probably a failed cross but it was fantastic to be there at that moment.

Chelsea - Liverpool 4-4 08/09 CL quarter final second leg 4-4. It is the greatest football match I've ever seen :bow: We had won at Anfield 3-1 with Ivanovic scoring a shocking brace. It was a weird first half, they took the lead with a Xabi Alonso penalty and a blunder by Cech who was caught asleep by a 45m Fabio Aurelio free kick and. We started the second half way better, rapidly coming back and making it 3-2 with a apparently not dangerous cross from the corner flag who was deflected that little bit' by Drogba who was enough to deceive Reina who scored an own goal. Alex scored the 2-2 with a Roberto Carlos esque free kick and Lampard made it 3-2. We then conceded two goals in two minutes from a Lucas deflected shot and a Kuyt tap-in. Luckily Lampard closed definitely the tie by scoring the eigth and last goal in that fabolous match.

Manchester United - Chelsea 1-2 09/10 35th (?) PL matchday. I don't usually dislike a team, infact, PL games are the ones that I enjoy the most and I have a soft spot for english teams in Europe. But I really couldn't stand that United, not when they're on our way to win silverware and when they're prevailing more than what I'd like. And that match was no different, they were 2 points above us and therefore a loss or a draw would've pretty much killed every our hope. Carlo surprised everyone by leaving Drogba on the bench, playing with Anelka, Malouda and Joe Cole as our attackers and that payed off because the three upfront combined magnificently with the english man scoring a splendid backheel goal and Didier making it two from the bench. They managed to scored the 1-2 but it was too late, we surpassed and basically won the league at our fiercest rival's home, what more could you ask?

Bayern Munich - Chelsea 1-1 (4-5) 11/12 CL final. The way we didn't win the thing in 07/08 and 08/09 season was indeed frustrating, but I felt truly destroyed at how we were eliminated in the 09/10 and 10/11 I was there at both our home games and the way we never looked threatening to at least try a come back in both games and the way we got eliminated so early in the competition, really pissed me off to the point that I decided to not have any expectation at the start of the season and rather hope for a good PL campaign where one single match where you are extremely unlucky or when you're simply having a bad day doesn't decide the winner of the competition, so our whole CL run came as a shock. That match was a rollercoaster of emotions and it's fair to say that we won it thanks to Cech and Drogba and that little bit of luck that we lacked in our previous unsuccessfull campaign. That 90 th minute equalizer Proud Cech saving 3/6 penalties and guessing the other three directions Proud

Chelsea - PSG 2-0 13/14 CL quarter final second leg. To make a comeback like this you need to give your opponent the psychological handicap by not letting them breath, by giving the impression that you could score at any time while they're just unable to cope with it. We tried to in the first half but we failed, mostly because of PSG arrogant display, but after the goal, after the two crossbars, you could feel it in their eyes. They were shitting themselves, unable to string two passes together and looking to just protect their box and adding another CB. To make a comeback like this you would need a coach like Jose', he knew exactly what to say to the press the day before, he knew exactly how to prepare this match, he knew exactly what to say to the players before and during the match, he knew exactly how to cope with Hazard's injury, he knew what to do in order to make the comeback and he knew that the first thing to do after my main man Demba Ba scored was to tell all our offensive players the tactical shape for the last minutes.

Sorry for the length of the post and thanks if you actually read it till this point Wink 
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Your favourite Chelsea matches ever Empty Re: Your favourite Chelsea matches ever

Post by Uncanny Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:45 am

Mine would be since I started following chelsea at the turn of Torres' switch, in no particular order

Bayern Chelsea 1-1 (CL final)
Bayern Chelsea 2-2 (uefa super cup)
Chelsea Man City 2-1 (13/14)
Chelsea Man United 3-0 (13/14)
Chelsea Benfica 2-1 (EL final)
Chelsea Napoli 4-1 (CL 11/12 run)
Barca Chelsea 2-2 (CL 11/12 run)

I might have to add today's match too because I got way too excited after Ba's goal lol
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Your favourite Chelsea matches ever Empty Re: Your favourite Chelsea matches ever

Post by Kick Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:45 am

By far and away the CL win, it was on my birthday so It will always be special to me.

That whole CL run was so memorable for me.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:10 pm

Great idea jay!

I agree with most of the matches on your list. Especially the 4-4 Liverpool game; always gonna be a classic

For me, it's the games that we don't win that really leave a mark. I don't mean those boring 0-0 draws or the horrible performances vs lower teams. IMO the games where we fight against the odds is where we see the real passion from the players and supporters. That dreaded Ovrebo match, the first CL final against United comes to mind.

As for the fixtures that we won, it's hard to pick one single match but it'd definitely be between the CL semi vs Barca and the Final v Bayern!
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:49 pm

Another game that deserves a mention us the one where we flogged Wigan 6-0 to win the league, with drogba winning the golden boot in the process
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:08 pm

fatman123 wrote:Another game that deserves a mention us the one where we flogged Wigan 6-0 to win the league, with drogba winning the golden boot in the process
8nil
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:39 pm

4-1 against Napoli is and always will be one of my favourite matches ever. Always said it was right up there in terms of memorability with even the moment we lifted the CL itself for me. When you think about the massive comeback we needed, our backs being so against the wall and our being in the thick of such a monumentally abysmal season with players revolting and declared all but finished, our campaigns on every front virtually up in flames by February, a novice interim manager who got canned from West Brom being thrown in at the deep end on a punt, etc, and we did it, against all odds. That night for me really showed what I think this club is all about.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebelles.REUS.rex Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:24 pm

Shed wrote:4-1 against Napoli is and always will be one of my favourite matches ever. Always said it was right up there in terms of memorability with even the moment we lifted the CL itself for me. When you think about the massive comeback we needed, our backs being so against the wall and our being in the thick of such a monumentally abysmal season with players revolting and declared all but finished, our campaigns on every front virtually up in flames by February, a novice interim manager who got canned from West Brom being thrown in at the deep end on a punt, etc, and we did it, against all odds. That night for me really showed what I think this club is all about.

this
Rebelles.REUS.rex
Rebelles.REUS.rex
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Bayern-Chelsea was the most jaw-dropping match i have seen
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down