Adit
sportsczy
Mr Nick09
Kick
S
76 posters

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea - Page 4 Empty Re: Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea

Post by S Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:55 pm

Who's bitter ? You're the one getting all worked up because there are some people who dont rate your beloved Qatari team as highly as you think Laughing

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea - Page 4 Empty Re: Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:57 pm

Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:58 pm

Got nothing else to add 'old man' ? Best of luck to you guys btw.I actually want you guys to go through against Chelsea ,believe it or not.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:02 pm

I'm like that bald guy on Fringe, I can see no version of the future in which PSG doesn't go out.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Van Der Wiel is as shet as it gets on shet scale. Just because he moved league's doesnt mean he has improved Laughing

PSG full backs are meh, some of them like Jallet and Van Der Wiel are comical.Chelsea wide players will have their game of their life.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:09 pm

But Van der wiel has improved, that's a fact. but do you watch enough of PSG to say that he hasnt? he is not world class, but he is not a liability to his team like people want to make it sound. If Verratti and Cavani dont support him, he wont be able to deal with Hazard alone, like about no fullback in footy.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:11 pm

Chelsea will walk the first leg 2-0.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:17 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:But Van der wiel has improved, that's a fact. but do you watch enough of PSG to say that he hasnt? he is not world class, but he is not a liability to his team like people want to make it sound. If Verratti and Cavani dont support him, he wont be able to deal with Hazard alone, like about no fullback in footy.
Yes , i do watch PSG on TV occasionally and i find no improvement about Van Der Wiel defensively. Besides what are the attackers attacking Van Der wiel in Ligue 1? :lol:all the teams have shet attacks..most teams plays shet football..When he faced truly elite players in Euros we all saw what happened. Hazard is no way unstoppable, more than enough defenders have done it in PL....but Van Der Wiel will show his one on one weakness..anything less than a rape is a success for Van Der Wiel.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:20 pm

What have you done to people Sportsczy Laughing

Personally speaking , i'd take your word in a much higher regard in anything French football related , than stuff people read at wiki 5 minutes before they post. Anyway , i am not sure if my opinion falls with the minority on this one , but i think PSG will get past Chelsea . I like both teams . But i think PSG is much more ready for this , more complete and they will probably want this badly after their exit to Barcelona last season.

The fact that they haven't yet met any really top opponent before Chelsea , i don't think that's such a minus. It's true these games are the best tests , but they also leave their mark behind , the mark of fatigue. I see PSG as a fresh and dangerous team , playing their entire season against a tested but plagued from too many big games already this season Chelsea.

I think i could call PSG a favourite to qualify , even if it is a bit generous as of yet. Not writing Chelsea out by any means , but i think they will have problems against PSG .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:20 pm

Don't be obtuse, there's hardly any difference in quality between VDW and Eboue. Hazard will have the game of his life.

I think both individually and collectively our defense will deal with most of what PSG throw at us. The only thing I'm worried about is the absence of Matic, his calmness, presence and tactical flexibility will be missed so we have to count on Lampard to have another big game.

Last edited by Gil on Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:22 pm

who are those defenders that single handily shackled Hazard? i am sure it had nothing to do with the opposing team doubling or triple teaming hazard to stop him, sure.

I am sure Hazard also didnt put Lham and Zabaleta on their arses, after all, they are elite defenders no?

Vdw is an attacking fullback, by definition, his job is to stretch the pitch for PSG. if he doesnt have any protection when he does that, his flank will be exposed, it's as simple as that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:23 pm

I find it weird that so many people keep saying that PSG is more talented. I would take the Chelsea roster over the PSG roster.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:31 pm

VDW is a fullback full stop..attacking is given infront of that because he only does that. He need extra protection , more than your normal defenders in Big teams because he is shet defensively...the protection talks are just excuses. No body gives that excuse to Marcelo because struggling one on one is upto the full back....if you are getting double teamed and out numbered then you have the right to talk about protection but not about one on one, its a skill.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:35 pm

S wrote:Got nothing else to add 'old man' ? Best of luck to you guys btw.I actually want you guys to go through against Chelsea ,believe it or not.
 I am getting old...  no denying it.  Makes me salty Laughing

Yeah i get that.  From a neutral's perspective, you want the team with the better players, the most superstars and who plays the more attractive style to move forward.  When i don't really care, that's how i decide.  It's PSG on all 3 counts.  Doesn't mean they'll win... but it doesn mean that most non-EPL footy fans prefer to watch PSG over Chelsea any day of the week.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:38 pm

Wow, this thread has been quite a cyclone. So I will summarize my own thoughts:

-Surag is not upset about Serie A being weakened by Paris. Why? He simply does not support the league outside Juventus as there is no league in particular he holds allegiance to. Quite frankly he is the last person who would be supporting the league given his scathing and all too negative views upon the league as that is not where to target him.

-PSG-Marseille is not a proper rivalry in Ligue 1, far from it. It was a media fabricated rivalry by Canal+ to which little history outside the playpen violence that fuelled its mindless conflicts between fans who were dumb enough to believe that there is anything concrete behind them. Le Classique is a geopolitical choice as Paris and Marseille are respectively the 1st and 2nd most populated cities in France and the rivalry between both cities originally had nothing to do with football. Other would argue that because PSG and OM usually have the two biggest budgets in French football the game between the two deserved to be labelled the French classico.

Want to know real French rivalries?
Derby Provençal, Derby de l'Hérault, Derby du Nord, Derby des Alpes-Maritimes (beast rivalry), Derby de la Mediterranée and of course: Olympique de Marseille vs AS Saint-Étienne to which dwarves 'Le Classique' by all counts given it has far more pedigree and history behind it.

I am an avid watcher and admirer of PSG yet like Lyon, their fans are nothing but a bunch of pre-madonna's given their recent success have given them an unnecessarily large head for anything. They're nobodies and Marseille look at them as nobodies despite the cash injection. Le Classique isn't any bigger than mini-classicos like Olympique Lyonnais vs Lille OSC to which are born of recent times. Ligue 1 delves further into that.

Sport's supports AS Cannes, OM and Real Madrid as that is where it ends, Real Madrid being his marquee club as the same goes for Nick. Ever seen Sport' words Pre-Le Classique? That's where his support for these progressive clubs for the Ligue 1 ends. Given Sport's lucrative calculation of how foundations progress, he will naturally hope for the success of clubs that raise the stature of the league that he loves most, Ligue 1. AS Monaco's revival is good for Ligue 1, Paris' revival is good for Ligue 1 and so is everything that is being built a platform for the Euro 2016. Don't you guys know how economics work? Go to WallStreet and see how some of these men taught me how to make serious cold hard cash ruthlessly. Ligue 1 needed that catalyst to jumpstart a steadily progressing league as the results are undeniable.

In order to understand rivalries in Ligue 1 is to understand how France really works.

As for Paris-Chelsea. Sports understands the level of Paris, yet I feel he is underestimating Chelsea themselves. Chelsea by no means are 'elite elite' in what they actually produce. Yet where they succeed are how stubborn they can be within their compact cohesion and how they are essentially built for cup-games while PSG under Blanc have yet to fully conceive their tactical completeness. Chelsea's core has remained relatively the same for years as personally I see an upset on the cards. Why? Paris when faced with teams who want to take them head on in actual football will in all likeness fail given their tactical excellence and individual extraordinaire. Chelsea is actually the type of team they struggle most against, not by difference in tactical or individual quality, yet simply out of semantical incongruence as I've yet to see Paris truly function vs a deep-lined defensive counter-attacking team that bases itself off the integrity of their defence and minimizing as many spaces as possible. I feel it is simply a case of happen-stance as Atletico and Chelsea are the LAST teams I would want Paris to face. The rest I would be confident that they can usurp on any tie. Understand why I say this Sports, as Chelsea are masters in grinding out that victory as I don't see a nascent Blanc enough to handle a situation to which requires a ton of experience to handle. Ancelotti I feel would have seen these through yet Blanc is a different mould albeit by no means without tact. Yet Stamford Bridge being the 2nd leg and Paris' tactical consonants against Chelsea, I'm not confident about this one. I still hold little faith in their fullbacks as especially vs Chelsea's wide attack and Eden Hazard especially.

Speaking of Blanc, I do not see why he is still not regarded with respect in this forum as personally speaking, he is a fantastic manager on a tactical and team building level. His Girondins de Bordeux were excellent while France was a completely circumstantial situation to which he handled himself very well in. His Paris? He utilizes the foundations set-up excellently by Ancelotti yet how he has followed through tactically to provide a stream of congruence is nothing short of outstanding. #1 example is how he handled Ibrahimovic-Cavani and seamlessly had them form the best partnership in Europe. He cannot be underestimated.

I will not hide that I dislike Chelsea and Mourinho, and have a support for Paris for what they're project is and what they mean for Ligue 1, so ici c'est paris. 100% behind Paris.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:58 pm

Interesting match.

Chelsea should be able to win this. Better defence and midfield. Ibra and Cavani the obvious difference maker in the PSG team but Mourinho will know how to handle them two.

Won't be a high scoring tie. 0-0 in Paris, 2-0 to Chelsea at the Bridge.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:59 pm

the stupid thing is that they don't even call PSG-OM "le classique"... they call it "le clasico francais".  How can any old time OM or PSG fan ever take such a thing seriously ffs.  It bothered me when i heard about it the first time in the 90s and it still bothers me now.  If you're going to engineer a rivalry...  ffs don't make it a 1950s Japanese knockoff!  Truly pathetic.  

That's one of the reasons i (and many of my old time OM friends) refuse to recognize this marketing bs.  Not only is it fabricated...  it's cheaply fabricated.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:02 pm

RG... you really think that the midfield of Ramires-Lampard-Oscar is better than PSG's? Seriously?? Matuidi is better than Ramires. Motta is better than Lampard. Verratti v Oscar... not really comparable since one plays a 10 in a 4231 and the other a CM in a 433. I personally like Verratti a lot better and think he's been better than Oscar this year. But we can call that one a draw. I won't even get into the midfield depth of the two teams...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:08 pm

sportsczy wrote:the stupid thing is that they don't even call PSG-OM "le classique"... they call it "le clasico francais".  How can any old time OM or PSG fan ever take such a thing seriously ffs.  It bothered me when i heard about it the first time in the 90s and it still bothers me now.  If you're going to engineer a rivalry...  ffs don't make it a 1950s Japanese knockoff!  Truly pathetic.  

That's one of the reasons i (and many of my old time OM friends) refuse to recognize this marketing bs.  Not only is it fabricated...  it's cheaply fabricated.

Paris Saint-Germain 3 - 1 Chelsea - Page 4 Hi-res-c46d18ad981dae4535b81d352a7623f9_crop_exact

This sums up what the rivalry actually is. For all the electric atmosphere that is heard within the stadiums during this tie, it is banal noise that holds little to no pedigree behind it. The violence catalysed is merely a group of délinquants who will fuel the rivalry like how the world populace forcefully celebrates the turn of an outdated calendar on New Years Eve. It was cleverly done on how it targeted the correct contingents and groups yet calling it France's biggest rivalry let alone 'Le Classique' (ban that term) is an insult the the history of Ligue 1. Paris is a nothing club compared to L'OM.

Hate spurned out of pure oblivion and nonsensical chaos. Reminds me of half of the EPL rivalries that go on today.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:20 pm

It's a big rivalry now because the kids are programmed that way by the media marketing campaign... they got what they wanted. There's no doubt about that. And OM fans generally dislike PSG and its fans... there's not doubt there either.

It's nowhere near the traditional derbies however. You just don't have that emotion across generations yet. Give it 25 years and it'll get there.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:27 pm

It'll be interesting to see how PSG will try to handle Chelsea's "3" in their 4-2-3-1.

If they do a good job of that then they'll win. Overall PSG have the stronger squad and eleven on paper but I'm not sure they'll be able to contain some of Chelsea's raw attributes such as pace and strength.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:46 pm

Adit wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:But Van der wiel has improved, that's a fact. but do you watch enough of PSG to say that he hasnt? he is not world class, but he is not a liability to his team like people want to make it sound. If Verratti and Cavani dont support him, he wont be able to deal with Hazard alone, like about no fullback in footy.
Yes , i do watch PSG on TV occasionally and i find no improvement about Van Der Wiel defensively. Besides what are the attackers attacking Van Der wiel in Ligue 1? :lol:all the teams have shet attacks..most teams plays shet football..When he faced truly elite players in Euros we all saw what happened. Hazard is no way unstoppable, more than enough defenders have done it in PL....but Van Der Wiel will show his one on one weakness..anything less than a rape is a success for Van Der Wiel.
No "one" defender can stop Hazard. In the games he's been kept quiet, he's been double and triple teamed Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:49 pm

Dante wrote:What have you done to people Sportsczy Laughing

Personally speaking , i'd take your word in a much higher regard in anything French football related , than stuff people read at wiki 5 minutes before they post. Anyway , i am not sure if my opinion falls with the minority on this one , but i think PSG will get past Chelsea . I like both teams . But i think PSG is much more ready for this , more complete and they will probably want this badly after their exit to Barcelona last season.

The fact that they haven't yet met any really top opponent before Chelsea , i don't think that's such a minus. It's true these games are the best tests , but they also leave their mark behind , the mark of fatigue. I see PSG as a fresh and dangerous team , playing their entire season against a tested but plagued from too many big games already this season Chelsea.

I think i could call PSG a favourite to qualify , even if it is a bit generous as of yet. Not writing Chelsea out by any means , but i think they will have problems against PSG .
How do you get "plagued from too many big games"? scratch
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:01 pm

Chelsea will advance by away goals. Think the tie will similarly play out to the Barca/PSG last year.

People are underrating PSG. There is no way this will be a walk in the park for Chelsea.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:51 pm

tipping psg to win, but chelsea can take it if they park the bus correctly.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:34 am

T.Silva vs Etoo lol
PSG will dominate the midfield, Chelsea won't do shit there without Matic.

And cfc's defence won't stop Ibra and Cavani.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next