Mou: "Chelsea won't finish top because we don't have a goalscorer. Well we have Eto'o, but he's 32 or 35, I don't really know"

+31
Lord Spencer
che
free_cat
M99
sree999
The_Badger
Mr Nick09
julias
The Franchise
VivaStPauli
sportsczy
guest7
Great Leader Sprucenuce
fatman123
Valkyrja
LeBéninois
elm_baraja_shaman
Le Samourai
BarrileteCosmico
Helmer
Robespierre
RED
Busby Babe
FennecFox7
Abramovich
VendettaRed07
Art Morte
ExtremistEnigma
McAgger
halamadrid2
35 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mou: "Chelsea won't finish top because we don't have a goalscorer. Well we have Eto'o, but he's 32 or 35, I don't really know" - Page 2 Empty Re: Mou: "Chelsea won't finish top because we don't have a goalscorer. Well we have Eto'o, but he's 32 or 35, I don't really know"

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:45 pm

I wouldn't call it mind games as the only ones who take a blinds bit of notice are fans and media.... Wenger and Pelle will treat it with the discretion it deserves.

It's a ploy to make himself look better than he is in the event they win the league and if they don't he can just say we were underdogs anyway as i(mou) claimed months ago.

I have nothing wrong with it personally, its only as powerful as with most things as the reaction to it. If people ignore it then it won't get very far as it didn't in Spain.

But in England we hang on his every word so there's no limit to where it could go to.

I give him credit, he knows exactly what he's doing and is playing the fans and the media like the puppet master he is.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Mou: "Chelsea won't finish top because we don't have a goalscorer. Well we have Eto'o, but he's 32 or 35, I don't really know" - Page 2 Empty Re: Mou: "Chelsea won't finish top because we don't have a goalscorer. Well we have Eto'o, but he's 32 or 35, I don't really know"

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:56 pm

I think Falcao is perfectly happy making 11 mil net and living in Monaco...  there's only 19k Monaco citizens.  So if every single Monaco person came, that would be the total lol.  Sure the attendance is no shock to Falcao as it's always been this way.  Place does fill up for big games though as neutral footy fans who live in the area (like me) enjoy going there since the stadium is beautiful, the crowd well-behaved + you can get there via train.  

Honestly, it's a dream lifestyle for Falcao.  Will have a competitive team in CL next season too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:59 pm

Anyway that title is misleading,  Mourinho talked simply of a problem (including a banter on eto'o and a messagge to falcao)  , but it was interpreted even with " we won't finish top " !!  Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:10 pm

Just play Schürrle as CF and stop whining you little bitch, it's not like he's lacking the billions to buy a striker. Should stop crying and do something.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:14 pm

Samu should not be upset with the talk about his age, but that Mourinho doesnt consider him good enough.

True or not at this stage in his career, he was far too good for someone to discount his ability and see him as a liability.

This would light a fire in the Samu I know, if he still exists.

Last edited by The Franchise on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:38 pm

I beg no more about this dude, he's like the ADHD kid at school. The cry for attention hurts my ears, how can this 51 year old man like the sound of his voice so much?

He might as well sleep with a mic next to him so any garbage he says in his sleep can make the back page of the sun >_>
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:40 pm

Cant you guys see that it's just mourinho mind games to poke Eto'o and to have him play with a chip on his shoulder? classic mou
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:08 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Cant you guys see that it's just mourinho mind games to poke Eto'o and to have him play with a chip on his shoulder? classic mou

Mind games? Who is his target here exactly?

If he didn't know he was being recorded then it seems what he actually says in public says isn't much designed to psyche out his opponents, but a case of him being a genuinely cowardly, conceited and loathsome person.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:21 am

mouthrinho opened his mouth and shit came out nothing new . move on .

look at my avatar
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:09 am

If Eto'o does not feel offended, I don't think anyone else should be.

Mou Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:29 am

Wow, both statements on Monaco and Eto'o are incredibly disrespectful. The Eto'o one is also very disrespectful to Demba Ba and Torres. I wonder why they don't rebel.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:33 am

poor wittwe chewsea doesn't have the money to buy falcao, has to make do with etoo, ba, torres and schurrle Sad

Mou: "Chelsea won't finish top because we don't have a goalscorer. Well we have Eto'o, but he's 32 or 35, I don't really know" - Page 2 1012035_659606174097049_1929880423_n
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:20 pm

Che rofl

Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:32 pm

che wrote:poor wittwe chewsea doesn't have the money to buy falcao, has to make do with etoo, ba, torres and schurrle Sad

Mou: "Chelsea won't finish top because we don't have a goalscorer. Well we have Eto'o, but he's 32 or 35, I don't really know" - Page 2 1012035_659606174097049_1929880423_n

Laughing
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:30 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! OMG I love this! Mou got owned this time round totally, HAHAHAHHAHAH~!!!!

Well done to the journalist who did it! HAHAH!

I wonder what the strikers and his players think of him now  Laughing 
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:31 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-news-jose-mourinho-again-3178589

To say this about your own player 🤦I'd like to see anyone defend this as "mind games" or "he's only an asshole to switch the media attention on him rather than the team".

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing He fuked up good this time, hahaha, fking Mou  rofl 
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:33 pm

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho said it was a "disgrace" a private conversation in which he appeared to criticise his strikers was broadcast on French TV.

Mourinho said he was joking when he complained about Chelsea's lack of strikers and made an unflattering comment about Samuel Eto'o's age.

"It was a funny conversation with somebody that doesn't belong to the football world," Mourinho said.

"It is a disgrace that someone is taping a private conversation."

Speaking ahead of his side's Champions League last-16 tie against Galatasaray on Wednesday, Mourinho told the assembled media they should be "embarrassed" by the way French broadcaster Canal Plus published comments he had made about his players during a conversation eight days ago in Switzerland.

In the initial video Mourinho said: "The problem with Chelsea is I lack a striker. I have Eto'o but he is 32 years old, maybe 35, I don't know."

But in Tuesday's news conference the Portuguese boss backed Eto'o, 32, and underlined that the Cameroon forward had played twice under him. At Inter, they won Serie A, the Italian Cup and the Champions League together, before the striker joined Chelsea on a free transfer from Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala last summer.

"I'm not defending what I'm saying. I'm attacking something that is, I think, fundamental in your professional area and that person showed exactly what he is or what he does not know about the job," Mourinho continued.

"From my perspective, the comment is not obviously a good one, not one I would do in a serious way, not something I would do in an official way in an interview. First of all, because I don't make fun. Secondly, because if there are managers in the world that really defend their players, I am obviously one of them. And third, because Samuel Eto'o is Samuel Eto'o."

Eto'o has only scored eight goals in 27 appearances since he arrived at Stamford Bridge last August. Fellow strikers Fernando Torres and Demba Ba have only managed 11 goals between them in all competitions.

But Chelsea are a point clear of Arsenal at the top of the Premier League with 11 games remaining.

Mourinho added: "It was with Eto'o that I had the best ever season of my career [at Inter]. He's one of the few players who is working with me in a second different club and a manager never does that when he doesn't like the player or doesn't like the person.

"He has no reason to be upset because also he said a few years go that 'Mourinho is the only manager in the world I would never play for'. After a few years he was playing with me at Inter and now he is playing for me. There is no story."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26336978
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:39 pm

That is again just disrespectful to Eto'o is the way I see it. Part of it is trying to make up for it but this is too much to make up.

For those that think its another mind game or whatever trying to make make his team sound bad and hence his job hard maybe. But overall hes losing more friends and making more enemies.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:06 pm

Regardless of anything.

Mou is right here, if it was a private conversation, no news organization has the right to it.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:15 pm

Just imagine what Mou will be like when he becomes older and senile, with no remaining psycho-social inhibitions holding him back.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:23 pm

Overreaction.

Quite obvious Mourinho is making light of Africans feigning their age on a regular basis, in the light of World War II Veteran Joseph Minala of Lazio's Primavera.

And the way E'to is playing, I wouldn't be surprised if he is already writing his will.

So in actuality, he is speaking what he actually ponders.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2