+3
BarrileteCosmico
Robespierre
gb
7 posters

Go down

Cerci v. Iturbe v. Lamela Empty Cerci v. Iturbe v. Lamela

Post by gb Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:30 pm

I was reading an article on Chiesa di Totti headlining whether Roman management should pursue Cerci or Iturbe considering they have both become hot commodities. I added Lamela to that list as I know Big Walt was really invested into that kid and that Lamela really loved life in the Eternal City and is not finding it easy to adjust to life in the Premier League. So the question is, if you were Sabatini who would you choose to add to the team?
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Cerci v. Iturbe v. Lamela Empty Re: Cerci v. Iturbe v. Lamela

Post by Robespierre Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Lamela among these 3 .

p.s. I don't have still understood why on GL I read " Chiesa di Totti " ...what's the meaning?  scratch
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:39 pm

I would like to start off by saying I would choose Cerci. Cerci has been lights out this season for a very tough Torino side and it also doesn't hurt that he is a born and bred Roman. If Cerci can replicate this form for his hometown team, I wouldn't hesitate to snatch him up over the other two.

Also, I like Gervinho and what he has brought to our team this season but if the option came to sell him I would do it in a heartbeat. The added capital from the sell could easily be reinvested into one of the Argentine talents of Iturbe and Lamela who have so much promise. Ljajic is a talented kid, there is no way I would sell him.
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:42 pm

Robespierre wrote:Lamela among these 3 .

p.s. I don't have still understood why on GL I read " Chiesa di Totti " ...what's the meaning?  scratch

It's a neat little AS Roma Community website that publishes some pretty interesting reads and previews about the team and their weekly opponents. You should definitely check it out, much of what they write is pretty interesting and humorous.
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:50 pm

At 26 Cerci is unlikely to become better so his resale value would be lower than the 15-20m he's worth. Iturbe is worth slightly more money (I read Verona would offload him for 21ish), is a lot more promising but is not playing anywhere near Cerci's level right now. Lamela is the best of the three, but I can't see Tottenham offloading him after only one season, or him coming back to Roma since he was pushed off the door.

I think overall Cerci is the best option for Roma, he's not terribly expensive and is not a long term play, which Roma have in abundance. He would add further dynamism to the Roman attack and he's a youth product. Lamela is better but unlikely and Iturbe might be better some day, but Roma have enough promising players running around.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:At 26 Cerci is unlikely to become better so his resale value would be lower than the 15-20m he's worth. Iturbe is worth slightly more money (I read Verona would offload him for 21ish), is a lot more promising but is not playing anywhere near Cerci's level right now. Lamela is the best of the three, but I can't see Tottenham offloading him after only one season, or him coming back to Roma since he was pushed off the door.

I think overall Cerci is the best option for Roma, he's not terribly expensive and is not a long term play, which Roma have in abundance. He would add further dynamism to the Roman attack and he's a youth product. Lamela is better but unlikely and Iturbe might be better some day, but Roma have enough promising players running around.

Agreed. Thanks for the insight
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:53 pm

Robespierre wrote:Lamela among these 3 .

the best source for a Romanisti to speak about Roma
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:58 pm

15 m is way too much for cerci , and iturbe is not what Roma needs in CL Roma could have used him this year but not in CL , i say mandzukic ,one can dream
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:30 pm

Really good to see you back gb
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:34 pm

Think I'd take Iturbe at this point. I have no idea whether this is just Cerci on form or whether he's actually at this level in his career now. Never considered him the Italian Henry as people liked to call him, but always a bright talent. I just not convinced he'd do this well with competition around him though.

Lamela I would take back if it was at all possible, but it's just not going to happen and I think we burned that bridge when we pushed him out. It would seem weak of Roma to bring him back in at this point.

As for Iturbe. He represents exactly what Roma are looking to achieve in the future. He's a Sabatini signing in the making honestly. It just fits well and it feels right.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:32 pm

At the moment:

Cerci - he's at the peak of his career, won't get any better than this.

For the future:

Iturbe - this guy is a future GOAT. Along with Romulo and Jorginho, he's been the backbone of this Hellas Verona team that has been punching well above it's weight for the whole season.

I'd love to see him at Milan:
Pazzo
SES - Balo - Iturbe

The long shot: Lamela. He has stalled badly at Spurs, yet I am optimistic that upon his return to Italy, he will continue where he left off at Roma. The first problem is that, even then, he was a developing player who was inconsistent and there is no doubt in my mind that this move has put his development back a year. By next season, he could've been close to a finished product had he stayed at Roma. The second problem is price. Iturbe is far better value for money, because Spurs will be very reluctant to make a loss on re-sale if they can avoid it.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum